Author Topic: Jamesman Roulette 3.0 - Post-roulette: And now I go exploring...  (Read 26346 times)

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
JAMESMAN ROULETTE 3.0 IS HERE

The rounds will be the same as last time. 9 rounds covering each year from 2015-2023 plus a final round to send anything from any of those years.

Remember, I missed out on a ton of music between these years. Get me up to date! I love hard rock and metal, but I really do love a lot of stuff beyond that as well. Harsh vocals should be well-suited to the song and not too much. I do like them but not always.

Points: I will use TAC's system as mentioned here: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=43449.msg3047697#msg3047697

Banned list: The following artists are banned. I might update this within the next few days as well.

Dream Theater
Thrice
The Warning
Devin Townsend (newly added from the last roulette)
Frost* (newly added from the last roulette)
Power metal (I'm kidding, but good luck if you send it :lol)
I am not banning any other artists, even if they were sent previously. After seeing Caligula's Horse become one of my absolute favorites from the whole roulette, and then feeling just okay about "Graves", who knows if trying to strike gold twice with the same artist is the best strategy?

As I have said before, longer songs are not my jam unless they are a few very specific bands. I will stick with the 8 minute mark as a limit, but I was a little loose with this last time and it worked fine, so try to hit that but going a bit over is okay, just don't get crazy with it.

Additionally, here is the link to my spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/highaerials36?si=73c6c42cf6484661

That link has a folder with all ten rounds from the last roulette, in case you want to see what was already sent.

Here is a link to my last roulette if you want to see how songs did from any round: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=58443.0

Participants:

1. jingle.boy
2. puppies on crack
3. ariichisgoingdown
4. luke
5. lonedaddy
6. reaper
7. litho
8. faizoff
9. TACK
10. romdrums
11. vmadera
12. tomislav
13. stadler
14. King Pats Suck
15. Sacul

I would like Round 1 (2015) submissions by Wednesday. I have Friday to listen a lot so let's get this going!

Songs from my last roulette, grouped by round (thank you Puppies!): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-O7cQifc2Eu0H9sU01U1u5eoFBOk9AtLvaZMbQzS94c/edit#gid=0

Playllists

Round 1 (2015): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1hEJSwRdriwzfJ0y8ORm7A?si=a081ab9ea8754ca4
Round 2 (2016): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/500vqpU310suOG5LvSW81i?si=d1fa8f56c63e4059
Round 3 (2017): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6ySbuqIQwr8OlUEFd7iXta?si=937e04360b0b4109
Round 4 (2018): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5W04xghCqLBynRWaEubCGL?si=10b767e16e7548c5
Round 5 (2019): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Pla0jchMWYYgr23dzfX7d?si=c49f99621241418a
Round 6 (2020): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5EIz0KU43N7BKag6hy9ay2?si=88c851aa231c466b
Round 7 (2021): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1PPGRQIJyOLwOQNjAAnYAT?si=bf080a6360ce4f35
Round 8 (2022): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2JEYlfldaeGdy2XNsYGqUm?si=d60d69c501f34d11
Round 9 (2023): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2iL48y9FBbgXAIRSMJe1NU?si=ae77cefdf8a14b4b
Round 10 ('15-'23): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2hbAeuf1rORPcdPSrZxkNV?si=56d15e28fec948a3

Standings

romdrums   78
Ariich   77.3
King Puppies   77.2
Tomislav95   77
TAC   77
lonestar   76.9
King Postwhore   76.6
LithoJazzoSphere   76.4
jingle.boy   76.1
faizoff   75.8
vmadera00   75.8
Stadler   75.6
ReaperKK   75.4
twosuitsluke   75.4
Sacul   74.6
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 05:40:43 PM by Jamesman42 »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
My butt is in here!

Same format as last roulette?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
In terms of rounds? Yes!

Might not double the points in the end, though. Ariich sent me a, well, let's say it was a very emotional letter (yes, on paper) stating how it was unfair that he might lose to Litho.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sounds like he killed a tree for no reason if you ask me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Still in.

Also a list of songs that were sent in the last roulette in the OP would be helpful :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online faizoff

Ok in this time then?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Iiiiiiiiiinnnnnnn.....

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Might not double the points in the end, though. Ariich sent me a, well, let's say it was a very emotional letter (yes, on paper) stating how it was unfair that he might lose to Litho.

Yeah, this definitely happened.   :lol   Not to worry, I think Tomi's was my only winning roulette.  2nd or 3rd seems to be the new permanent ceiling now, Luke spoke it into existence.   :biggrin:

And because it's ineluctable now, congrats ariich!

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Sent for round 1.  Probably going to go for more lesser known bands this time. 

Offline romdrums

I’m stuck at home all week with the Rona, so I’m in.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
In terms of rounds? Yes!

:lol

Written with my favourite fountain pen and everything!

In to defend my title.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
In.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
If there is space I think I still have some artists I can send  :corn
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
And sent... Intentionally tanking the first round so I can have a little freedom in my song choices going forward.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
In.

Now to read the OP.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Tomislav95

In if you'll have me! I think I have a lot of nice stuff to send and I didn't play in your previous.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Oh go on then, can't win my magic third roulette if I don't participate.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Spot open?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Woo! Just got home from work. Please check this list in case I missed you.

1. jingle.boy
2. puppies on crack
3. ariichisgoingdown
4. luke
5. lonedaddy
6. reaper
7. litho
8. faizoff
9. TACK
10. romdrums
11. vmadera
12. tomislav
13. stadler
14. King Pats Suck
15. Sacul
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 03:07:30 PM by Jamesman42 »

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
So... we've got a baker's dozen here this time?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Fuck it.  I'm in.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online twosuitsluke

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Sent let's goooooooooooooooooooo

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online twosuitsluke

James, as we have the same format as the last roulette, is there a chance you can post (on the OP) what was sent for each year, in the last roulette?

I would find it helpful to refer back to so I know what is off the table.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent let's goooooooooooooooooooo

Get off my back!!! It ain't Wednesday yet.  :biggrin:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Ok, sent.  Since 425 went MIA, I'm going to use that strategy here - only sending acts that I've never used before in a roulette.

• DTF.org Member
James, as we have the same format as the last roulette, is there a chance you can post (on the OP) what was sent for each year, in the last roulette?

I asked the same thing. Hopefully James can cobble together a spreadsheet or something.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I asked the same thing. Hopefully James can cobble together a spreadsheet or something.

Or just paste the link of the post revealing the scores.  Or you lazy bums could take a few seconds and just do it yourself! Don't unnecessarily task a hard-working teacher and parent of two younglings - dude's gotta take care of enough brats without you all adding to his burden.   :lol :lol

There's a compliment in there somewhere, isn't there??  :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 05:06:21 PM by jingle.boy »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

• DTF.org Member

Or just paste the link of the post revealing the scores.  Or you lazy bums could take a few seconds and just do it yourself! Don't unnecessarily task a hard-working teacher and parent of two younglings - dude's gotta take care of enough brats without you all adding to his burden.   :lol :lol

There's a compliment in there somewhere, isn't thee??  :D
You did say James was hard-working... :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
:lol :lol

I added King to the list, double check that Mr. Schmegs.

I will add the rest later this week, but I added the round 1 songs to the OP.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
You bastard.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm not even looking. No need to relive the bloodbath I took in the last roulette.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
I'm in if you'll have me send you anything but prog and rock/metal :P