Author Topic: DREAM THEATER ANNOUNCE THE RETURN OF DRUMMER MIKE PORTNOY  (Read 124766 times)

Lynxo, obro and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: DREAM THEATER ANNOUNCE THE RETURN OF DRUMMER MIKE PORTNOY
« Reply #1330 on: November 06, 2023, 06:44:50 AM »
During an appearance on yesterday's (Wednesday, November 1) episode of SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk", Mike Mangini spoke about his departure from DREAM THEATER and the return of the band's original drummer Mike Portnoy. He said in part (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "All I know is the decision was made and when I heard it, all I pictured was, 'Oh, this is an original guy going back to his band. Uh, okay. All right. Let's go to the next thing.' It was nothing more. I was told. It was just nothing more than — it seemed so simple to me. And maybe intuitively it's, like, 'Oh yeah, I get it.' And that was that. That's really it… So that's really the crux of it all is it was an easy thing for me to understand. And then once the news hit and it became real, which is when it set in, because once I knew about it, I just got busy. I was, like, 'Okay, I've got all these videos to finish.'"

The 60-year-old Mangini, who joined DREAM THEATER in 2010, continued: "I'm actually doing like a lot of stuff for my [upcoming solo] album. I'll do some drum playthroughs. Not to yap and yap and yap about it, but I have a lot on my cork board and my lists and things to do and things to accomplish and things to complete. There's so much there I haven't been able to do. But once it hit and it became real, it was real quick for me. I'm, like, 'Okay, I get it.'"

https://blabbermouth.net/news/mike-mangini-on-mike-portnoys-return-to-dream-theater-i-think-people-are-where-they-need-to-be

Serious and non-sarcastic question for Stadler & Bosk: Is this enough to say that Mangini was let go? If not, does it make it a more likely scenario than any other?

I wouldn't, but I'm not here to tell anyone what to do.  If we're describing FACTS, and what happened, I wouldn't say that.  It's close to what I personally THINK happened, but what I THINK isn't relevant.  Nor is "what is more likely"; the day before the announcement, it was - to those not in the know - far more likely that Mangini would remain DT's drummer than not, and we all saw how that turned out.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #1331 on: November 06, 2023, 07:37:41 AM »
In legal speak, if things aren’t word for word, fact by fact, then you can’t say for sure, correct? Any slight assumption being made means it’s in ambiguity.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1332 on: November 06, 2023, 07:43:15 AM »
In other news, Hugh Syme is already done with the next album cover!

Greetings...
Nef
Nah he fell on the plane :D
And Mangini got sucked out when he opened the door to help.
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1333 on: November 06, 2023, 08:25:36 AM »
In legal speak, if things aren’t word for word, fact by fact, then you can’t say for sure, correct? Any slight assumption being made means it’s in ambiguity.

But it shouldn't be just legal speak; this is the way it used to be in the real world, too.  Journalism, this was the order of the day.   Now, though, with social media and every yahoo on the planet thinking that their opinion matters, all that has gone out the window.  That joke about "well, I saw it on the internet, it must be true" isn't really a joke.   

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1334 on: November 06, 2023, 09:14:24 AM »
Yeah, I have to agree with pretty much everything Stadler said.  And with the acknowledgement that he can sometimes veer into territory that I find overly pedantic, he's 100% correct here.  A LOT of what has been posted around the Internet, here included, is more speculation than fact.  And on the surface, that's fine.  There's nothing wrong with speculation.  But there is a problem when that speculation is presented as fact
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #1335 on: November 06, 2023, 09:52:21 AM »

I'm not going to comment on the legal point of view (I'm not in the field), but from a scientific point of view (I fit in here; scientific = hard science), there's no problem in considering assumptions.

A good scientific practice will act by choosing the assumptions that seem most plausible based on the evidence we have at the moment. If, in the future, new evidence indicates that the assumption made was wrong, we go back and start again. This is the daily life of those who work in science (scientists, professors, journal reviewers, etc.).

In the case of DT, we don't know many details. But we can think about premises/hypotheses and consider whether they are acceptable or not in light of the facts we have and some assumptions.

For example: the change of drummer occurred by divine imposition as in the old testament. It is a hypothesis that explains the observed fact (fact = MM outside the DT; MP back in the DT). Does it seem like a good hypothesis? I don't think so, as it doesn't seem possible to confirm or falsify it.

Another hypothesis: MM, of his own free will, decided to leave DT and with the drummer position empty, the guys in the band chose to bring MP back.
Can this hypothesis explain the fact? Yes it can.
Is it capable of being falsified? Yes it is.
With the evidence we have, can we say that it is 100% false? We can not.
Can we say that it is 100% true? It makes no sense to try to show that a premise is true, it only makes sense to try to prove it false (I'm following Karl Popper here).
Does it seem false, with the data we have? Yes it seems. If that were the case, the most plausible thing is that this would be said straight away, as it would be MM's decision and would be easy for everyone to understand (just like when KM decided he no longer wanted to be in DT, we may not understand his reasons , but it's easy to understand that he decided to leave...). Of course I'm making an assumption here to rule out the hypothesis. And there's no problem with that.

Therefore, I would not be afraid to discard this hypothesis in favor of another or others. On this point I differ with the lawyers. It may be that in the future, MM will come forward and say "ah, it was my decision to leave DT, but I didn't want to make it public at the time".
OK, my choice to discard the hypothesis was mistaken, based on an assumption that did not apply to the case. But I didn't have that information previously.

Our social world is made this way. We make choices and have convictions that are based on assumptions that we believe in, some more rational, others not so much.

If people operated predominantly with the idea that "oh, I'm not sure if it is or isn't, so I'm going to cautiously stay in doubt" the number of agnostics would be much higher.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1336 on: November 06, 2023, 10:21:28 AM »
Yeah, I have to agree with pretty much everything Stadler said.  And with the acknowledgement that he can sometimes veer into territory that I find overly pedantic, he's 100% correct here.  A LOT of what has been posted around the Internet, here included, is more speculation than fact.  And on the surface, that's fine.  There's nothing wrong with speculation.  But there is a problem when that speculation is presented as fact.

If by "pedantic" you mean handsome and erudite, I tend to agree.  ;) :) :).  (In all seriousness, it's a fair criticism.)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1337 on: November 06, 2023, 10:27:21 AM »

I'm not going to comment on the legal point of view (I'm not in the field), but from a scientific point of view (I fit in here; scientific = hard science), there's no problem in considering assumptions...

There are a number of logical fallacies in that post, but I'll just stick with this point that should be obvious to most:  "Science" and the scientific method are useful tools in some contexts, but not in others.  And while you make a good run at trying to square peg facts here into the round hole model of the scientific method, that doesn't take into account things like (1) responsible journalism, (2) defaming someone's character by publishing something that may be false, or (3) the feelings and reputations of those involved should the representation of facts and assumptions be false or, at the very least, misleading.  "Science" does not account for those kinds of things, which is why trying to argue that cold, hard science dictates that we should run with our assumptions misses the mark entirely.  So while I get the appeal of your argument on the surface, I have to say that, no, it is off base as applied to this situation. 

Yeah, I have to agree with pretty much everything Stadler said.  And with the acknowledgement that he can sometimes veer into territory that I find overly pedantic, he's 100% correct here.  A LOT of what has been posted around the Internet, here included, is more speculation than fact.  And on the surface, that's fine.  There's nothing wrong with speculation.  But there is a problem when that speculation is presented as fact.

If by "pedantic" you mean handsome and erudite, I tend to agree.  ;) :) :) 

But of course.   :heart
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1338 on: November 06, 2023, 10:30:50 AM »

If people operated predominantly with the idea that "oh, I'm not sure if it is or isn't, so I'm going to cautiously stay in doubt" the number of agnostics would be much higher.

Maybe not for this thread, but it might be worth considering that an increased number of agnostics (in the grand sense, not the religious sense) might not be the worst thing in the world...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1339 on: November 06, 2023, 11:03:05 AM »
Yeah, great observation.

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #1340 on: November 06, 2023, 11:28:43 AM »

Maybe not for this thread, but it might be worth considering that an increased number of agnostics (in the grand sense, not the religious sense) might not be the worst thing in the world...

To some extent, I believe so. But the ultra demonization of making assumptions seems absurd to me, even more so when they are thought based on the available evidence.

As I made clear, the hypothesis that MM left the band spontaneously is a valid hypothesis, but it does not seem to me to have a high likelihood. In fact, I would say it has a very low likelihood, based on the data (e.g. statements from everyone plus interviews).
Not completing this would be overzealous, IMO.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1341 on: November 06, 2023, 11:32:05 AM »

To some extent, I believe so. But the ultra demonization of making assumptions seems absurd to me, even more so when they are thought based on the available evidence.

As I made clear, the hypothesis that MM left the band spontaneously is a valid hypothesis, but it does not seem to me to have a high likelihood. In fact, I would say it has a very low likelihood, based on the data (e.g. statements from everyone plus interviews).
Not completing this would be overzealous, IMO.

Fair enough (to be clear, though, my main point has not been to demonize assumptions, but to not mythologize them, and CERTAINLY not to treat them as fact.)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1342 on: November 06, 2023, 11:40:55 AM »
Exactly.  There has been no demonizing of assumptions.  We all assume, and it is a natural thing to do.  But they has been (and rightly so) a calling out of stating them as fact when there has not yet been anything definitive.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #1343 on: November 06, 2023, 12:07:33 PM »
AGAIN, for the record, I never said all options have an equal chance of being right; that's ridiculous.  I'm just saying be conscious of where YOU (whoever, not you, Mora) are making a leap in order to justify your opinion.
Well, what you think is a leap is the tiniest ittiest bittiest skip to me!

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1344 on: November 06, 2023, 12:31:43 PM »
I'll invoke Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is often the correct one. There's been 745 documented cases in rock n' roll of the classic / original / most iconic band member reuniting with a band with the replacement having to make way. This is most likely the 746th case.

People have been quoting Mangini's side of things, Portnoy acknowledged him as well saying something like "thanks for handling the change with class and dignity" or something along the lines. If that's not code "you're a great guy for not being bitter about having to make way for me", I don't know what it is.

Then again, we all should have learnt a lesson in 2010 with Mike's departure to not talk out of our asses and I'll do my best to remember that, but until new information arises, Occam's razor for me  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #1345 on: November 06, 2023, 01:05:56 PM »
I'll invoke Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is often the correct one. There's been 745 documented cases in rock n' roll of the classic / original / most iconic band member reuniting with a band with the replacement having to make way. This is most likely the 746th case.

People have been quoting Mangini's side of things, Portnoy acknowledged him as well saying something like "thanks for handling the change with class and dignity" or something along the lines. If that's not code "you're a great guy for not being bitter about having to make way for me", I don't know what it is.

Then again, we all should have learnt a lesson in 2010 with Mike's departure to not talk out of our asses and I'll do my best to remember that, but until new information arises, Occam's razor for me  :D

We could think of other explanations:

Mangini died and the band replaced him with a look-alike (as we all know happened with Paul McCartney). However, the fake MM is not a good guy like the late MM, so the band decided to return with MP in his place. As impersonating another person is a crime, the fake MM agreed to facilitate the replacement in exchange for the band not revealing anything.

A hypothesis that maybe (I said MAYBE) won't pass Occam's razor..  :lol

Offline The Great Ape

« Reply #1346 on: November 06, 2023, 01:24:22 PM »
What a whirlwind it has been....

As the chalk dust settled in the classroom in the People's Republic of China, I was engrossed in explaining the intricacies of the English language when a student's voice broke through the lecture. "Teacher, MP has rejoined DT!" The words echoed in my mind, instantly pulling me from the lesson to a place of nostalgic excitement.

My heart raced as I grappled with the possibility of missing the monumental reunion. MP and DT reuniting was something I'd long awaited. The iconic band's music had been the soundtrack of my youth, and being so far from home, this was a slice of familiarity I craved.

Anxiety surged, and I couldn't contain my impulses. I reached for my phone, disregarding the class, desperately searching for flights back home. The weight of potential regret pressed heavily upon me, as I pondered the idea of missing out on this event I'd dreamt of for years.

Unable to cope with the mounting anxiety, I abruptly left the classroom, feeling a mix of guilt and urgency, knowing my actions were far from acceptable. My feet carried me back to the solitude of my bunk within the compound, where I frantically navigated websites, trying to secure a flight with the meager earnings I'd saved from teaching.

The price of the ticket bit into my modest salary, but the prospect of witnessing MP and DT's long-awaited reunion eclipsed the financial strain. With trembling hands, I confirmed the booking, feeling a surge of relief mingled with a tinge of guilt for abandoning my responsibilities.

An overwhelming sense of anticipation flooded my being as I packed hastily, a rush of excitement propelling my actions. The decision was made; I was going home. The echoes of "Don't Stop Believin'" reverberated in my mind as I hurried to catch a flight, leaving behind the teaching post, heading toward a collision of nostalgia and joy waiting for me back home......................

I am now settled in the cozy warmth of my grandmother's home in Chicago, the familiar scent of her homemade apple pie lingering in the air. Yet, my attention is far from the comfort of her snug abode. My eyes are fixed on the glowing screen of my laptop, the anticipation of what is about to unfold keeping me on edge.

I sit perched on the edge of the sofa, constantly refreshing the browser, feeling the palpitations of excitement about what is to come. The internet buzzes with speculations, snippets, and teasers... My heart pounds with the thrill of the imminent event, the culmination of years of waiting and anticipation.

Every passing moment brings both anticipation and anxiety, the anticipation of finally witnessing a long-awaited event and the anxiety of potentially missing it due to circumstances beyond my control. With bated breath, I wait, my eyes fixed on the screen, yearning for the moment to unfold, eager to be part of this significant musical history that meant so much to me.
"You know what? Enough is enough. There's enough hate in this world; there's enough frickin' negativity in this world" - James LaBrie

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #1347 on: November 06, 2023, 01:33:01 PM »
oh ok

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1348 on: November 06, 2023, 01:43:20 PM »
glad you made it back safe. there were no tour dates announced tho so what did you need to physically return to the US for (at least, yet?)?
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Sir Walrus Cauliflower

« Reply #1349 on: November 06, 2023, 01:44:18 PM »
Way late to this party, but after hearing and reading what Mike Mangini has said, it is my opinion that the other four members of Dream Theater made a decision to let Mangini go and bring back Mike Portnoy. No idea whether that is exactly what went down, but that's what it sound like, to me. No real big deal. Mangini was classy, as he always is.

Finally, a lawyer without the word salad.
And one that has an actual opinion.
Imagine that.  ;D

Yup.

God some of these posts have been beyond tedious. Imagine having to live your life as a lawyer :lol

I'm an auditor so maybe I have an unusual willingness to appreciate convoluted and unnecessary documentation, but I've really enjoyed the detailed breakdowns and discussions in here. In a situation where fans don't have much insight, it helps to reduce the possibilities to their essence and then to pick the one that fits the few facts we do have. It's not that I need to know, but encapsulating a huge array of possibilities (and feelings) into a couple simpler stories is a useful exercise - especially since we will never get all the details.

I can't imagine coming to this forum voluntarily if you find long, over-complicated circumambulation around a point that doesn't matter all that much anyways distasteful.  :rollin

Oh, I actually agree with you! The posts have all been interesting. My comment was intended as a bit of a wink.

But as someone who's studied linguistics (various applications), I come at it from a different angle to the lawyers. Linguistically, there's very little ambiguity. Mangini was replaced because they wanted Portnoy back. Every sign points to that. Is it incontrovertible evidence? No. Would it satisfy the 99% of us who aren't lawyers? Almost certainly :biggrin:

*snip*

Sorry if I'm a little salty - it's already a quintessential Monday, and it's not even 8:15 am where I am - but it's lousy to start the week after a couple days away and hear your sincere posts dismissed as what might be "tedious", "word salad", "convoluted" and "unnecessary".  I write stuff that's interesting to me and that (I hope) someone else might get a kick out of. If you don't, so be it, move on.  I'm not sure the shots are necessary, though.

That stuff is interesting to me too, that's why we're all here. Based on context/reply history I'm assuming it wasn't my comment that was the cause of your Monday saltiness, but you did use "convoluted/unnecessary" as evidence that your posts were dismissed and those were words I was throwing around. I wrote my comment in defense of you/Bosk and the extended discussions that were taking place before the weird beef with lawyers popped up. My point was that all the discussions that were reduced to "word-salad" are actually the thing I enjoy most about this website. I guess "unnecessary" and "convoluted" were rather tongue-in-cheek, given that I posted my own speculative novel just pages before. Just trying to pull us back to a reality where we can laugh a little about how serious we get sometimes, but where it's still okay to be passionate; to be a little extra because it's fun, and because that's what communities are meant for.

It drives me nuts when a group of people engage enthusiastically with niche subject matter, then somebody decides that everybody is engaging "too much". I've always seen it as a weird form of gatekeeping where someone is allowed to like something exactly as much as they like it, but if you like it more you're over the top. Sort of like how I'm the only one going the right speed on the highway, except in this case speed is equivalent to "number of characters in your discussion about DT's newest lineup change". It's a very reddit-centric phenomenon where I make a long post about stuff I care about and someone tells me "it ain't that deep", "chill", etc. Like, my brother in Christ, I'm just using the website as God intended.

It also annoys me when people are criticized for "not having an opinion" when that should be the default state with the information we have available. There are a couple very simple stories, none of which paint any members of DT in a bad light. Whatever story each of us believes should be remembered as just that. Don't confuse the moon with the finger pointing to it.

P.S. - The Great Ape, I would make your entire post my text signature if that was allowed.
I feel strangely honored to be following up a post from Sir Walrus Cauliflower.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1350 on: November 06, 2023, 02:16:25 PM »
Yeah, the press release was nice overall, but if you had given to someone the assignment "Pretend MP is back in Dream Theater and write some statements about it from the guys", someone would have come pretty close to the actual press release.

Chat GPT baby... the Press doesn't have to write Press Releases anymore.

The photoshopped Press Release did make me question the validity of the reunion, but then I dug a bit and looked at the FB pages and the email client that sent out the email.  Again, everyone is making good points about the photo... the guys really couldn't get together to take a real photo?  Maybe there spread out over hell's creation touring and spending time with their families... that's understandable.  Just felt a bit rushed.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline The Great Ape

« Reply #1351 on: November 06, 2023, 02:21:22 PM »
glad you made it back safe. there were no tour dates announced tho so what did you need to physically return to the US for (at least, yet?)?

I don't know. I deeply regret making a hasty decision without having all the necessary information at hand. I feel a sense of shame for abandoning my students. However, the availability of faster internet speeds and access to more reliable information in the United States somewhat eases my feelings as it allows me to stay more up to date with Dream Theater. Teaching was no doubt a fulfilling profession but being a Dream Theater fan is its own special journey.
"You know what? Enough is enough. There's enough hate in this world; there's enough frickin' negativity in this world" - James LaBrie

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1352 on: November 06, 2023, 02:37:24 PM »
So wait... you go all the way to China to teach.

MP rejoins DT, and you're all "Yeah fuck this job.."?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline naimad

• Osmosis
« Reply #1353 on: November 06, 2023, 02:38:43 PM »
So wait... you go all the way to China to teach.

MP rejoins DT, and you're all "Yeah fuck this job.."?

That's what I understood as well

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1354 on: November 06, 2023, 02:40:51 PM »

I don't know. I deeply regret making a hasty decision without having all the necessary information at hand. I feel a sense of shame for abandoning my students. However, the availability of faster internet speeds and access to more reliable information in the United States somewhat eases my feelings as it allows me to stay more up to date with Dream Theater. Teaching was no doubt a fulfilling profession but being a Dream Theater fan is its own special journey.

Man. I appreciate the commitment to the story.

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #1355 on: November 06, 2023, 02:53:45 PM »
I think Bosk actually briefly brought this up, but I'm amused by the thought that we've all missed the actual story, that MM left of his own accord, full stop, and that his comment on being OK with MP being back is actually on the choice of replacement in a general sense, and not indicative of anything to do with MP coming back being the catalyst for MM no longer being the drummer.

"Hey MM, you left to pursue a solo career.  Did you hear that they invited MP back to fill your spot?"

"Yes, I am OK with that.  I would have hated if they had decided to go with [whoever].  If they had chosen [whoever] to replace me, I don't think I would have left in the 1st place!"

Like, MM could have left 3 months ago, and they finally decided within the last week that MP would be the replacement, and MM is signing off on that.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1356 on: November 06, 2023, 03:06:23 PM »
I think Bosk actually briefly brought this up, but I'm amused by the thought that we've all missed the actual story, that MM left of his own accord, full stop, and that his comment on being OK with MP being back is actually on the choice of replacement in a general sense, and not indicative of anything to do with MP coming back being the catalyst for MM no longer being the drummer.

"Hey MM, you left to pursue a solo career.  Did you hear that they invited MP back to fill your spot?"

"Yes, I am OK with that.  I would have hated if they had decided to go with [whoever].  If they had chosen [whoever] to replace me, I don't think I would have left in the 1st place!"

Like, MM could have left 3 months ago, and they finally decided within the last week that MP would be the replacement, and MM is signing off on that.

No, that's actually not what I said.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1357 on: November 06, 2023, 03:07:39 PM »

As the chalk dust settled in the classroom in the People's Republic of China, I was engrossed in explaining the intricacies of the English language when a student's voice broke through the lecture. "Teacher, MP has rejoined DT!" The words echoed in my mind, instantly pulling me from the lesson to a place of nostalgic excitement.

My heart raced as I grappled with the possibility of missing the monumental reunion. MP and DT reuniting was something I'd long awaited. The iconic band's music had been the soundtrack of my youth, and being so far from home, this was a slice of familiarity I craved.

Anxiety surged, and I couldn't contain my impulses. I reached for my phone, disregarding the class, desperately searching for flights back home. The weight of potential regret pressed heavily upon me, as I pondered the idea of missing out on this event I'd dreamt of for years.

Unable to cope with the mounting anxiety, I abruptly left the classroom, feeling a mix of guilt and urgency, knowing my actions were far from acceptable. My feet carried me back to the solitude of my bunk within the compound, where I frantically navigated websites, trying to secure a flight with the meager earnings I'd saved from teaching.

The price of the ticket bit into my modest salary, but the prospect of witnessing MP and DT's long-awaited reunion eclipsed the financial strain. With trembling hands, I confirmed the booking, feeling a surge of relief mingled with a tinge of guilt for abandoning my responsibilities.

An overwhelming sense of anticipation flooded my being as I packed hastily, a rush of excitement propelling my actions. The decision was made; I was going home. The echoes of "Don't Stop Believin'" reverberated in my mind as I hurried to catch a flight, leaving behind the teaching post, heading toward a collision of nostalgia and joy waiting for me back home......................

I am now settled in the cozy warmth of my grandmother's home in Chicago, the familiar scent of her homemade apple pie lingering in the air. Yet, my attention is far from the comfort of her snug abode. My eyes are fixed on the glowing screen of my laptop, the anticipation of what is about to unfold keeping me on edge.

I sit perched on the edge of the sofa, constantly refreshing the browser, feeling the palpitations of excitement about what is to come. The internet buzzes with speculations, snippets, and teasers... My heart pounds with the thrill of the imminent event, the culmination of years of waiting and anticipation.

Every passing moment brings both anticipation and anxiety, the anticipation of finally witnessing a long-awaited event and the anxiety of potentially missing it due to circumstances beyond my control. With bated breath, I wait, my eyes fixed on the screen, yearning for the moment to unfold, eager to be part of this significant musical history that meant so much to me.

:lol WTF?!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1358 on: November 06, 2023, 03:10:24 PM »
@Walrus:  I don't think Stadler was saying he was annoyed at you.  I think it was a couple of other posts in the discussion chain.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #1359 on: November 06, 2023, 03:14:58 PM »

Just another of the many posters using ChatGPT to write their posts. :-\

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1360 on: November 06, 2023, 03:20:30 PM »
@Walrus:  I don't think Stadler was saying he was annoyed at you.  I think it was a couple of other posts in the discussion chain.

Exactly correct.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1361 on: November 06, 2023, 03:25:29 PM »
This thread has been disappointing. I mean, of all things.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

« Reply #1362 on: November 06, 2023, 03:30:00 PM »

Are you not happy MP is back? you should check out their older albums if you aren't excited, older MP era DT rules!! except Awake which i don't love
Welcome to the Forums!

« Reply #1363 on: November 06, 2023, 03:30:55 PM »

for once i agree with you, old chip
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1364 on: November 06, 2023, 03:32:32 PM »

Are you not happy MP is back? you should check out their older albums if you aren't excited, older MP era DT rules!! except Awake which i don't love

Go easy on TAC. He’s one of them new fans.