Author Topic: DREAM THEATER ANNOUNCE THE RETURN OF DRUMMER MIKE PORTNOY  (Read 124572 times)

Cocopjojo and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Re: DREAM THEATER ANNOUNCE THE RETURN OF DRUMMER MIKE PORTNOY
« Reply #3115 on: January 25, 2024, 10:19:50 AM »
Does the DT Discord also think that John Myung died in 1992, and was replaced with a look-alike without the public's knowledge?
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3116 on: January 25, 2024, 10:21:28 AM »
Does the DT Discord also think that John Myung died in 1992, and was replaced with a look-alike without the public's knowledge?

To this day, no one has found the "John is dead" in morse code nugget.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #3117 on: January 25, 2024, 10:55:27 AM »
To be honest it's pretty disappointing there is no video 5 men together or at least JP-MP together telling future plans or whatsoever by DT side since the announcement. I know MP is still busy with his things but still...
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3118 on: January 25, 2024, 11:34:44 AM »
I guess the best thing we'll get is a brief video from the studio in the following weeks. That in itself will be cool, though.  :tup

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3119 on: January 25, 2024, 01:00:38 PM »
Will always be curious as to what happened just before/during/immediately after August 7th, and the 'MP is returning' announcement on October 25th.  The reason for the question is that August 7th was the last day of JP's 4.0 Camp.  On MM's Fbook, he has various concert pix from the tour (and while golfing wearing a DT cap) posted on August 19th.  And then, if I'm not mistaken, that's the last DT comment on his page until the announcement.

Well, they pondered / discussed the possibility of the reunion of course. We don't know and most likely we'll never know how long the idea was in the back of the band's mind, but there were probably conversations back and forth between the other four guys of DT, and between them and MP. Almost three months seems a long enough time to discuss a reunion with someone who is a childhood friend and an extended family member so to speak.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3120 on: January 25, 2024, 01:04:58 PM »

Dream Theater Meets The Phantom Of Park.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3121 on: January 25, 2024, 01:11:09 PM »
Will always be curious as to what happened just before/during/immediately after August 7th, and the 'MP is returning' announcement on October 25th.  The reason for the question is that August 7th was the last day of JP's 4.0 Camp.  On MM's Fbook, he has various concert pix from the tour (and while golfing wearing a DT cap) posted on August 19th.  And then, if I'm not mistaken, that's the last DT comment on his page until the announcement.

Well, they pondered / discussed the possibility of the reunion of course. We don't know and most likely we'll never know how long the idea was in the back of the band's mind, but there were probably conversations back and forth between the other four guys of DT, and between them and MP. Almost three months seems a long enough time to discuss a reunion with someone who is a childhood friend and an extended family member so to speak.

Juyl 26th was the last DT concert.  I wonder if it took a couple weeks for management to get all the data back from that tour and say "something needs to change"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3122 on: January 25, 2024, 02:14:45 PM »

Juyl 26th was the last DT concert.  I wonder if it took a couple weeks for management to get all the data back from that tour and say "something needs to change"

Geez, I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Bosk said yesterday that management had nothing to do with it. It really looks like it was a personal decision by JP, and then the rest of the band.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3123 on: January 25, 2024, 02:20:57 PM »
Something I wanted to simply ask eons ago, and wish we were all sitting at a bar shooting the breeze.

August 31st:
A bit of Orange and Magenta positive vibes for upcoming Zoom Classes amidst Studio
reconstruction, solo album promo prep tasks, Media Team expansion... it's a lot. I'll post Zoom dates (for next week | hope) and as soon as l'm sure of construction projects dates and times to work between. I'll explain my idea for this next round of classes and other solo album related things before getting back with Dream Theater to record.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3124 on: January 25, 2024, 02:22:56 PM »

Geez, I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Bosk said yesterday that management had nothing to do with it. It really looks like it was a personal decision by JP, and then the rest of the band.

I mean, I could be wrong too, but the failing of Dreamsonic timing and MP coming back "could" be related. And that doesn't mean it's a management decision.  It could just simply be about money and doing the thigns the band wants to do.

You want to keep headlining your own tours or go out and support someone else?  You want to work on your own schedule or go back to griding in the industry? 

People have consistently not turned out for the 2nd leg of the US tours for some time now. Eventually promoters are going to shy away from DT if they have lost money.  MP being back is going to lead to ticket sales next time around.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3125 on: January 25, 2024, 02:26:38 PM »

To clarify, I said I highly doubt that management had anything to do with it.  It's possible they did.  Frank really is part of their inner circle and almost like family at this point.  But I don't think he would have been part of a decision of this nature.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Progmaniac1988

« Reply #3126 on: January 25, 2024, 02:31:02 PM »
It's the internet Progmaniac.  (Great name BTW)

Are you shocked?   :lol

Thanks man, and good point lol. It’s honestly why I was off the forums for over 10 years now. The toxicity just got to me, but it’s an exciting time now, and us DT people need to stick together. So here I am lol

Toxicity? I've never noticed that on this forum. This forum is extremely tame compared to places like Twatter and FaceFuck. Anyway, welcome back!

Like you, I'm also very interested in how the live vocal situation turns out now that Portnoy is back. As far as the music, I've been happy with everything except The Astonishing. I've no idea what will change with Portnoy's return. Hopefully it'll be full of goodness.

Yeah I didn’t mean this forum. This forum seems pretty damn respectful from what I’ve seen. It was the MP forum days last time I was on any DT related forum, and holy hell that place went to hell before it shut down. You guys inspired me to start posting again with the overall energy of this place, so kudos!

And yeah man I guess all we can do it wait and see. This is going to feel like forever waiting for this this album and tour 😂

Offline Progmaniac1988

« Reply #3127 on: January 25, 2024, 02:40:05 PM »

100% agree dude. I’ve also pretty much liked all James vocals on the latest albums for the most part, but I got to say… after MP’s return it made me go on a MP era binge. I forgot how much more memorable James vocals are on those albums. I want to have his vocals stuck in my head again. More than anything I’m looking forward to his influence on writing. Also hoping we get some more metal influence! Really hoping the chemistry just clicks with the guys.

It was the Top 100, not Mike's return (though that helped) but same for me.  There were SO many good melodies and harmonies on those early albums... I said in the Top 100 that other than Genesis I'm not sure I love a band that has so many songs where "beautiful" is the operative word.  And for a band that is a so-called "Prog Metal" band, that's amazing.   I hope that continues.

Yeah man, so many great vocal moments on basically everything from images to even Black clouds.  I completely get what you mean by “beautiful moments” I’m looking forward to hopefully getting more of that. Although I gotta say the MM era has great vocal moments too, it’s mainly the last 2 albums I’d say vocally sound a tad uninspired… so I’m hopeful this will shake things up a bit. I love James and I’d love to see him get back to a respectable level performance wise on albums and live.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #3128 on: January 25, 2024, 03:44:53 PM »
He knew that MP wanted back in, but did not realize that the band was about to make a change.
But did MP want back in before JP made *that* call? Early on after the split, yes MP repeatedly stated that he'd go back at a moment's notice. But after about 5-7 years, he changed his tune and had written off the idea which he clearly stated in numerous interviews. Of course him going on tour with JP probably reignited his excitement at playing with JP, but that in itself doesn't mean MP wanted back in. Around that same time period, in all the interviews that JP was giving, JP was very clear that MP was not rejoining DT, so you can be sure that JP made that clear in their discussions behind the scenes if MP had perhaps started to get those thoughts. It is true that MP has made at least one or two comments about thinking it was inevitable that he would eventually rejoin DT after he patched things up with JL, but even that doesn't mean he was intent on returning to DT at that time. From what MP said at the RnR Fantasy Camp, it sounds like he got a call from JP, the topic came up with JP asking him if he hypothetically would be interested and finding out where he was at. So it doesn't sound like MP was chomping at the bit to get back into the band.
Felipe Andreoli said that during his tour with SOA as their bass player, Mike already mentioned wanting to be back with DT and planning to do so. That was before his tour with JP (August vs October 2022). I don't have the exact words he used, but I'm 100% sure that interview was posted here in this thread at some point last year.

I personally don't fault MP for wanting to return and I don't think anyone should. It's a pretty normal thing to happen. He missed his OG band and wanted to be back with them. Nothing wrong there.
I think I know what interview you're referring to. Problem is that it's in Portuguese so it's hard to fully understand him!  :lol  But good to keep that in mind. Like I said earlier, the biggest thing that I - and especially Stads - is saying is to make sure that what we state as fact is fact and not just assumptions. So if that's what Felipe said, then that's all the verification needed.  ;)

August 31st:
A bit of Orange and Magenta positive vibes for upcoming Zoom Classes amidst Studio
reconstruction, solo album promo prep tasks, Media Team expansion... it's a lot. I'll post Zoom dates (for next week | hope) and as soon as l'm sure of construction projects dates and times to work between. I'll explain my idea for this next round of classes and other solo album related things before getting back with Dream Theater to record.
Great detective work Gabe! I sometimes wondered when MM might have been told. I know the guys on the Talking Into Infinity podcast were speculating that he might have even known when the DreamSonic tour was going on since they thought he didn't seem to be himself, but this post suggests otherwise. Of course he could have been bluffing when he posted that, kinda like how he did when responding to Rodrigo's question, even though you could tell by his reaction afterward that he knew, but I kinda doubt he would have even posted about recording with DT if he knew he was already on his way out.

To clarify, I said I highly doubt that management had anything to do with it.  It's possible they did.  Frank really is part of their inner circle and almost like family at this point.  But I don't think he would have been part of a decision of this nature.
Agreed. As their manager and a sort of father figure for the band business-wise, I'm sure he gave them suggestions or advice on how to proceed, but I doubt he had anything to do with the lineup change.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #3129 on: January 25, 2024, 04:28:09 PM »
i saw an (unsubstantiated) rumor on the DT Discord that said that they believe MP threatened legal action to come back and that is what happened. would be interesting if it were true, but i am leaning in the direction of it being total hogwash, personally.

JFC....

:rollin

It's the internet Progmaniac.  (Great name BTW)

Are you shocked?   :lol

Thanks man, and good point lol. It’s honestly why I was off the forums for over 10 years now. The toxicity just got to me, but it’s an exciting time now, and us DT people need to stick together. So here I am lol

Toxicity? I've never noticed that on this forum. This forum is extremely tame compared to places like Twatter and FaceFuck. Anyway, welcome back!

Like you, I'm also very interested in how the live vocal situation turns out now that Portnoy is back. As far as the music, I've been happy with everything except The Astonishing. I've no idea what will change with Portnoy's return. Hopefully it'll be full of goodness.

Yeah I didn’t mean this forum. This forum seems pretty damn respectful from what I’ve seen. It was the MP forum days last time I was on any DT related forum, and holy hell that place went to hell before it shut down. You guys inspired me to start posting again with the overall energy of this place, so kudos!

And yeah man I guess all we can do it wait and see. This is going to feel like forever waiting for this this album and tour 😂

Oh ok. I never went to that forum before.

I've been a fan of Dream Theater since 2001 but never saw the band with Portnoy. I'm looking forward to the next tour!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 04:49:11 PM by Herrick »
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3130 on: January 25, 2024, 04:56:35 PM »
i saw an (unsubstantiated) rumor on the DT Discord that said that they believe MP threatened legal action to come back and that is what happened. would be interesting if it were true, but i am leaning in the direction of it being total hogwash, personally.

I'm leaning in the direction that DT Discord is a place I've never visited and it will most likely stay that way until I die.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3131 on: January 25, 2024, 09:39:26 PM »

bruh please send me a link to this discord, I want to see the lunacy myself

Offline Progmaniac1988

« Reply #3132 on: January 26, 2024, 03:01:12 AM »

I second this! Do people actually believe stuff like that? 😂

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #3133 on: January 26, 2024, 03:09:43 AM »
I heard a rumor on the DT discord from a guy who knows someone who goes to the same pub as MP's barber and he has it on good authority that he will color his beard pink for the next tour and they will only play hip hop cover songs.  ;)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3134 on: January 26, 2024, 05:54:51 AM »
August 31st:
Great detective work Gabe! I sometimes wondered when MM might have been told. I know the guys on the Talking Into Infinity podcast were speculating that he might have even known when the DreamSonic tour was going on since they thought he didn't seem to be himself, but this post suggests otherwise. Of course he could have been bluffing when he posted that, kinda like how he did when responding to Rodrigo's question, even though you could tell by his reaction afterward that he knew, but I kinda doubt he would have even posted about recording with DT if he knew he was already on his way out.

But this is the problem with the assumptions and speculation.  As I - I think correctly - noted a week or so ago, things don't always progress "Step A on Monday.  Complete! Step B on Tuesday.  Complete!  Step C on Wednesday into Thursay.  Complete! Step D. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Complete!"

Many of us noted a distinct "vibe" or "groove" on stage with Mike P. during the solo tour. It was palpable.  They were having fun in real time, and CONNECTING.  The families were there, too.  We all saw it.   I've seen enough shows to know when a musician is throwing shapes (i.e. mugging for the audience) and when there's a real connection.   I know in Bridgeport, there seemed to be a distance with Mike M. (actually, all the band members; I noted it in my review of the show).  It too was real - because I felt it in real time before any whiff of Portnoy coming back was even on the horizon - but it was easily dismissed as a night off, the sea air (Bridgeport is right on the water), tired from touring, disappointment with the crowd, pressure of a "festival" type bill, or a 101 reasons that don't matter.  But maybe that's the calculus John went through. Maybe that's the seed of a larger decision.  I don't know, you don't know, NO ONE knows at this point.  And with that, it's impossible to know what Mike M. knew or felt or suspected or imagined.  I know I'm skeptical of this being a complete blindside; it may have been, and certainly the timing could have been a surprise, but I find it difficult to accept as truth that a musician that has made his career out of feeling the vibe of the other musicians in the room is completely oblivious that there might be a vibe or a trend toward a classic lineup reinventing itself.

Again, I'm NOT speculating, I'm NOT taking anything as fact that is just supposition, I'm just pointing out that there are nuances and possibilities that we might never know that play into some of the "conclusions" (in quotes, because they are not, they are merely opinions disguising as facts) being met here.  This is far from 'simple' or cut and dry; the real world is messy, and this is certainly real world.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #3135 on: January 26, 2024, 06:01:58 AM »
I know in Bridgeport, there seemed to be a distance with Mike M. (actually, all the band members; I noted it in my review of the show).  It too was real - because I felt it in real time before any whiff of Portnoy coming back was even on the horizon...

I think others mentioned this too at other concerts. I didn't notice anything when I saw them in New York Shitty back in June. My live concert experience is way less than many of you mangs though.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3136 on: January 26, 2024, 06:02:16 AM »

I'm leaning in the direction that DT Discord is a place I've never visited and it will most likely stay that way until I die.
It can be a pretty toxic place from what I've seen, though I don't post there, I just read stuff and get news (There are some DTF members there. One in particular who ditched the forum after the MP announcement is still posting there). But I've never seen anything remotely close to what 808 is suggesting.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3137 on: January 26, 2024, 10:38:51 AM »

You need to set them straight.  It's KM, not MP.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #3138 on: January 26, 2024, 11:04:20 AM »
August 31st:

But this is the problem with the assumptions and speculation.  As I - I think correctly - noted a week or so ago, things don't always progress "Step A on Monday.  Complete! Step B on Tuesday.  Complete!  Step C on Wednesday into Thursay.  Complete! Step D. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Complete!"
I agree which is what I thought I made clear with some of my other posts. Even with this one, I'm not saying it as a fact, although what we do know points to a general direction. That's all.   ;)

It can be a pretty toxic place from what I've seen, though I don't post there, I just read stuff and get news (There are some DTF members there. One in particular who ditched the forum after the MP announcement is still posting there). But I've never seen anything remotely close to what 808 is suggesting.
Lemme guess: Max Kuehnau?
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3139 on: January 26, 2024, 11:11:03 AM »
I know in Bridgeport, there seemed to be a distance with Mike M. (actually, all the band members; I noted it in my review of the show).  It too was real - because I felt it in real time before any whiff of Portnoy coming back was even on the horizon...

I think others mentioned this too at other concerts. I didn't notice anything when I saw them in New York Shitty back in June. My live concert experience is way less than many of you mangs though.

I chalked the weird vibe on Bridgeport's stage up to the fact that the venue was about 1/3 full. It's got to suck being in a band of DT's caliber and seeing a crowd like that. It was the smallest crowd I've ever seen at a DT show, by far, and it was at a venue in the state that's bigger than the one they typically play at. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3140 on: January 26, 2024, 11:57:00 AM »

I chalked the weird vibe on Bridgeport's stage up to the fact that the venue was about 1/3 full. It's got to suck being in a band of DT's caliber and seeing a crowd like that. It was the smallest crowd I've ever seen at a DT show, by far, and it was at a venue in the state that's bigger than the one they typically play at.

That was definitely in play there. And as you know - but for the other posters here - the actual layout is such that it exacerbated that feeling.   You could literally walk in the front and in 60 steps be in the fourth row center.  It's so open and "light" that it looks even bigger than it is.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3141 on: January 26, 2024, 01:05:02 PM »

That was definitely in play there. And as you know - but for the other posters here - the actual layout is such that it exacerbated that feeling.   You could literally walk in the front and in 60 steps be in the fourth row center.  It's so open and "light" that it looks even bigger than it is.

It's a shame because I still really enjoyed the show and absolutely love that venue (minus the concession prices). Assuming it's not a winter date, I'd love to see DT there again.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #3142 on: January 26, 2024, 01:07:40 PM »

IMO, discords are for kids who have a lot of free time. There's a few I'm in that I enjoy which happen to be slower paced, but any time I've made the mistake of joining up on a new discord for a new hobby or artist I like, I've regretted it.

I lurked the DT discord for awhile, especially when MP joined, and I definitely remember a lot of speculation about the situation and thought I remembered people pretty obviously saying that MM didn't have a choice. Obviously, there's "fired" and then there's water the arrangement between DT and MM is in reality, which could be a little different. I personally doubt MM had a choice, but it looks like they made things amicable enough to keep him from going to war with them and didn't just kick him to the curb.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 01:37:55 PM by Skeever »

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3143 on: January 27, 2024, 03:44:05 AM »
Nevermind what was originally written here  :rollin
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 03:50:35 AM by DreamerTV »

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3144 on: January 27, 2024, 03:46:28 AM »
We've been discussing that for the last few pages :lol
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3145 on: January 27, 2024, 03:50:51 AM »
We've been discussing that for the last few pages :lol

Damn  :facepalm:

Offline crystalstars17

« Reply #3146 on: January 27, 2024, 07:44:05 AM »
Maybe after the new album and tour, MP will start reigning over the band again and get James replaced   :\

Now if THAT happens, I'm done.
"Whether by your will or not, there is no ship now that can bear me hence." ~ Arwen, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #3147 on: January 27, 2024, 07:53:44 AM »

I mean, I could be wrong too, but the failing of Dreamsonic timing and MP coming back "could" be related. And that doesn't mean it's a management decision.  It could just simply be about money and doing the thigns the band wants to do.

You want to keep headlining your own tours or go out and support someone else?  You want to work on your own schedule or go back to griding in the industry? 

People have consistently not turned out for the 2nd leg of the US tours for some time now. Eventually promoters are going to shy away from DT if they have lost money.  MP being back is going to lead to ticket sales next time around.

I like and agree with this post. Somebody mentioned a "cash grab" which I feel is a little harsh verbiage. At their age, it just makes sense financially and yeah, maybe it's as simple as they just want to get back together and make music. I'm sure ticket sales will exceed expectations. Hell, I bet you that traffic on this site has tripled since the announcement. Last thought - These things don't happen overnight and I imagine this has been in the works for at least 6 months and I hope that they didn't spring the news on MM at the last minute. That would be unfair. 

Offline crystalstars17

« Reply #3148 on: January 27, 2024, 08:00:04 AM »
a shark circling

I hate this.

"Whether by your will or not, there is no ship now that can bear me hence." ~ Arwen, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Offline crystalstars17

« Reply #3149 on: January 27, 2024, 08:16:28 AM »
I have it on good authority that the conversation went like this: "Hey Mike, sorry to Build you up and then break you down, but this is the life...please don't outcry, but it's time we break all illusions and bring the enemy back inside. Please see the bigger picture and appreciate the fact that we've brought you along for the ride. Let's surrender to reason and address the invisible monster in the room. MP called, and we answered the call. It's time we awaken the master and transcend time. You will be lost, not forgotten.

OK this is creative gold  :lol

Edit, Apologies for my disjointed replies to this thread. Life's been crazy lately and I'm just catching up on all of this now, and still with very limited time.