Metropolis Pt2 24th Anniversary Tomorrow

Started by MinistroRaven, October 25, 2023, 06:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinistroRaven

What would you wish for the 25th anniversary?

MP joining the band for one song in each show. That would make it for me  :metal

TAC

Quote from: MinistroRaven on October 25, 2023, 06:37:34 AM

MP joining the band for one song in each show. That would make it for me  :metal

An instagram post by the band would be fine.

I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.

They did a suite for the 15th, and a tour in full for the 20th. How about we just give this a break?
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

XJDenton

Quote from: TAC on October 25, 2023, 06:48:24 AM
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.

WELP.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
― Terry Pratchett

MirrorMask

They did a suite for the 15th, and a tour in full for the 20th. How about we just give this a break?

Scenes from a Memory is the best album in the history of manking but I agree with this.

Let's not go the Geoff Tate route where he plays Mindcrime every other year.

Also, how Mike "joining the band for one song in each show" would even work? he's not a singer that needs just a microphone, he's a drummer, he plays the most cumbersome instrument of a band. Does he have a full kit ready for just one song? does he use Mangini's one? is the song played at each show the same or always a different one? there's just no realistic way to make it work.

MinistroRaven

hefdaddy42

Quote from: XJDenton on October 25, 2023, 07:03:11 AM

WELP.
:lol
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Lonk

WELP.
That didn't age well at all  :lol

faizoff

LMAO I was just thinking about this when the news broke!

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

splent

XJDenton

Quote from: TAC on October 25, 2023, 07:38:12 AM
:facepalm:

:lol :lol

Any chance you could wish for me to meet the love of my life while you're at it?
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
― Terry Pratchett

OpenYourEyes311

WELP.

Hahaha, what an epic turnaround time :lol

HOF

Quote from: MinistroRaven on October 25, 2023, 06:37:34 AM

An instagram post by the band would be fine.

Wow, just checked in this thread. LOL.

MinistroRaven

Happy 24th anniversary to this masterpiece!  It would mark the dawn of the Jordan Rudess era!
Dream Theater: Scenes From A Memory, 1999
With John Petrucci, John Myung, Mike Portnoy, James Labrie

MinistroRaven

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

XJDenton

― Terry Pratchett

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/