Author Topic: Metro's Gourmet Roulette - AND THE WINNER IS...  (Read 33124 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Metro's Gourmet Roulette - ROUND 2 SCRAMBLE
« Reply #455 on: November 06, 2023, 01:13:51 PM »
Moron Police is Isn't It Easy

Seems like the theme of this scramble.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #456 on: November 06, 2023, 01:15:34 PM »
Tea Party song is Stargazer.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth of Wall Street
« Reply #457 on: November 06, 2023, 01:19:34 PM »
Martin Miller - Something New
ibiivelns - stesdonoci ñoas
The Sword - The Black River
Agalloch - Not Unlike the Waves
anlogeael - Called Home
Björk - Family
vrrdsiiee - egiots dhosneti
laeqri - I Don’t Know Who I Am
The Tea Party - Stargazer
Nightwish - Ever Dream (Live)
vnsaotaii - Blink
iecuheso - Don’t Believe Anymore
oxan - oesr
The Hirsch Effekt - felnji
Moron Police - Isn’t It Easy
mtetamhu - Break the Sane
Marillion - Neverland
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 02:50:39 PM by Metropolaris »

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #458 on: November 06, 2023, 01:38:31 PM »
ariich has a great Excel document for hangman if you aren't aware of it.
I did share it with Metro but yeah it's not that great on mobile - I've improved the layout to help in that regard (and in general) but I can see how people unfamiliar with it might find it a little unwieldy.

But thanks for the kind words and for being a bit of a guinea pig with some of the changes I was making. I think I've now fixed all the bugs you kept finding. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #459 on: November 06, 2023, 01:47:29 PM »

Offline HOF

« Reply #460 on: November 06, 2023, 02:27:03 PM »
Is that Marillion again?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #461 on: November 06, 2023, 02:40:00 PM »
Is that Marillion again?

Yup, Neverland.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #462 on: November 06, 2023, 02:40:35 PM »
Is that Marillion again?

Sure looks like it and it also looks like Lavender. Very odd for a main selection, if so.

EDIT: Speeling are herd. I didn't try hard enough to match the letters.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #463 on: November 06, 2023, 02:42:28 PM »
My bad, it is Lavender...yeah, that's an odd one to submit me thinks, especially with how it fits into the album. When I guessed Neverland I immediately went to double check the time, knowing it fell in that dreaded 10-15 minute range of songs we won't be able to submit.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #464 on: November 06, 2023, 02:47:16 PM »
Yes Marillion, but not Lavender

Yeah Neverland is over the limit. But whatever. I’ll let it slide this round. It’s like ordering a 6 piece mozzarella sticks and getting a 7th

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #465 on: November 06, 2023, 02:50:25 PM »
Allegaeon
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Metro's Gourmet Roulette - ROUND 2 SUBMISSIONS DUE MONDAY!
« Reply #466 on: November 06, 2023, 02:50:52 PM »
2 submissions left. The form closes at midnight EST.
Oh right, at the start of Monday? I've always assumed it meant by the end of Monday.

I've already submitted so doesn't affect me but important to know that for future rounds.

It's possible the remaining two thought this, and I don't wanna disqualify anybody, so I'll give it one more day. Monday night at midnight EST.

But for future rounds, the form goes out Friday, and Sunday at midnight EST is the deadline. No exceptions

That's likely to be a problem for Stadler - he's regularly MIA on weekends.  Proof that DTF'rs can have a life!

Nah, if I know Metropolaris' preference, I'll be in.  I assumed - ASS, YOU, ME - that Monday would be good.  Now I know it's not it won't be an issue.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 02:58:09 PM by Stadler »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #467 on: November 06, 2023, 02:57:58 PM »
guess we aren't getting rid of him that easily....

:vomitard:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #468 on: November 06, 2023, 03:00:30 PM »

Yeah Neverland is over the limit. But whatever. I’ll let it slide this round. It’s like ordering a 6 piece mozzarella sticks and getting a 7th

What the actual fuck!?  I had to completely change my strategy/submission because of the time limit, and now it's only a suggestion?  Well, I guess I'll never know if that benefitted or hurt me.

I'll assume Stadler sent Marillion, and part of the reason you let it slide was because it was already "late".  :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #469 on: November 06, 2023, 03:09:12 PM »

What the actual fuck!?  I had to completely change my strategy/submission because of the time limit, and now it's only a suggestion?  Well, I guess I'll never know if that benefitted or hurt me.

I'll assume Stadler sent Marillion, and part of the reason you let it slide was because it was already "late".  :lol

One, I'm not telegraphing anything as to what I sent or didn't send.

For whoever sent Neverland, though, I'd accept it if it was me.  To be fair, there's like two minutes of "noise" and bells at the end; not sure it's part of the song proper anyway since it's not done live. I have four live versions (and seen it live myself once) and they've never played more than 9:45 of music. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2023, 03:26:51 PM »
Mutemath
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #471 on: November 06, 2023, 03:34:10 PM »

Serious question....why even have a time limit then?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Metro's Gourmet Roulette - Metro LOSES HIS MIND
« Reply #472 on: November 06, 2023, 03:52:15 PM »
I’m wondering the same fucking thing if people aren’t going to read the OP or the reminder of the time limit included with the google form.

jingle, the time limit was changed almost two weeks ago. I posted in this thread that I made changes to the criteria. This post was the last time any changes were made.

Yeah I made some tweaks to the criteria last night. I’m locking it in now. No more changes.

It’s been in the OP for nearly two weeks. If you have to change last minute, I’m sorry but that’s not my problem.

Since it seems to have created such a fuss, whoever submitted Neverland, send something else. Read the rules this time. And just DM it to me. I’m dumping the google form thing. More of a headache than it’s worth. This whole thing is starting to be a fucking headache. Which is greatly my own fault.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 09:51:41 PM by Metropolaris »

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #473 on: November 06, 2023, 04:56:48 PM »
Don't sweat it too much dude. This is your first roulette and hosting roulettes is no easy task. This is just the learning that goes along with the territory.

My first (and second for that matter) I had a vision and then it was a learning curve to run as I hoped, whilst keeping everyone happy. For the record, I like the Google form submission thing, but understand if it's too much of a ballache.

Also, you'll never keep everyone happy, so don't worry too much. As long as you're doing your best to keep everyone happy then a few issues along the way is no big thing.

Offline HOF

« Reply #474 on: November 06, 2023, 05:04:46 PM »
I was more wondering if Marillion were banned altogether since they were sent in a previous round.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #475 on: November 06, 2023, 05:06:11 PM »
I was more wondering if Marillion were banned altogether since they were sent in a previous round.

The op said only if an artist scores 8 or higher...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #476 on: November 06, 2023, 05:10:59 PM »

Marillion should be available for the entire roulette then.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #477 on: November 06, 2023, 05:11:18 PM »
I’m wondering the same fucking thing if people aren’t going to read the OP or the reminder of the time limit included with the google form.

jingle, the time limit was changed almost two weeks ago. I posted in this thread that I made changes to the criteria. This post was the last time any changes were made.

Yeah I made some tweaks to the criteria last night. I’m locking it in now. No more changes.

It’s been in the OP for nearly two weeks. If you have to change last minute, I’m sorry but that’s not my problem.

Since it seems to have created such a fuss, whoever submitted Neverland, send something else. Read the rules this time. And just DM it to me. I’m dumping the google form thing. More of a headache than it’s worth. This whole thing is starting to be a fucking headache. Which is greatly my own fault.

That's actually a really good point, carry on.

All good though bro, the format with the form is cool, I like it.  Kudos for trying something different off the bat.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #478 on: November 06, 2023, 05:17:47 PM »

What the actual fuck!?  I had to completely change my strategy/submission because of the time limit, and now it's only a suggestion? 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #479 on: November 06, 2023, 05:20:25 PM »
All the stereotypes about Canadians are wrong. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #480 on: November 06, 2023, 05:28:46 PM »

Marillion should be available for the entire roulette then.

Shush you.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #481 on: November 06, 2023, 05:31:31 PM »

(from the show The Bear. both seasons now streaming on Hulu. this roulette is not sponsored by Hulu.)

This is getting overlooked.  I didn't realize Metro was going to be the new kingshmegland, but I am here for it. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #482 on: November 06, 2023, 05:35:04 PM »
Riverside. 

"I Don't Know Who I Am" is Reliqua - TAC.

"Blink" is from Aviations. 

"Don't Believe Anymore" is Icehouse. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 05:50:49 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #483 on: November 06, 2023, 07:07:49 PM »
Is that Marillion again?

Yup, Neverland.
Son of a....I had that earmarked for a later round... :yeahright
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #484 on: November 06, 2023, 07:30:39 PM »
Seems as though I didn't put enough emotes in my post to avoid a mini shit-storm. I was being about 85% facetious, and 15% serious.  First, I hadn't noticed the revision of the revision of the time limit for this round so I'll fall on my sword for that.  No biggie, I adjusted and sent songs that fit the criteria.  I was just taken back a bit when it was clearly known I was intending to send a song over 10 minutes, but then reminded of the time re-revised limit, to then only find out that someone else was allowed to send something over the limit.  Sorry it seemed like I was making a big deal of it.  I did read the OP ... several times.  It's not very often the rules change in a roulette multiple times though.

I will also apologizing for guessing names ... I had a bit of a brain fart in that Metro still doesn't technically know who sent what.  Sorry aboot that. 

Two apologies, and an "aboot" ought to be Canadian enough.  :D :P :-*

I do like the random aspect of this roulette too - it's creative ... and as I said, gave me an idea to incorporate something into my next roulette.

Like Luke said ... don't sweat it too much.  Rule #1 of roulette hosting ... have, and make it, fun.  I was just bustin chops, not seriously pissed off or anything.

@ TAC ... well played.  Touche my bro.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #485 on: November 07, 2023, 06:54:00 AM »
Seems as though I didn't put enough emotes in my post to avoid a mini shit-storm. I was being about 85% facetious, and 15% serious.  First, I hadn't noticed the revision of the revision of the time limit for this round so I'll fall on my sword for that.  No biggie, I adjusted and sent songs that fit the criteria.  I was just taken back a bit when it was clearly known I was intending to send a song over 10 minutes, but then reminded of the time re-revised limit, to then only find out that someone else was allowed to send something over the limit.  Sorry it seemed like I was making a big deal of it.  I did read the OP ... several times.  It's not very often the rules change in a roulette multiple times though.

I will also apologizing for guessing names ... I had a bit of a brain fart in that Metro still doesn't technically know who sent what.  Sorry aboot that. 

Two apologies, and an "aboot" ought to be Canadian enough.  :D :P :-*

I do like the random aspect of this roulette too - it's creative ... and as I said, gave me an idea to incorporate something into my next roulette.

Like Luke said ... don't sweat it too much.  Rule #1 of roulette hosting ... have, and make it, fun.  I was just bustin chops, not seriously pissed off or anything.

@ TAC ... well played.  Touche my bro.

One, I sent Neverland, and I stand by it. It's 9:45 more or less of music.  Playing the game, bitches.  I wasn't giving a rat's ass what anyone else did or didn't do or wanted to do or wanted me to do.    It's not like I'm cleaning up on roulettes around this place and it's not like there's money on the line.   

Whatever.  Sent something new. 

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #486 on: November 07, 2023, 07:20:23 AM »
Updated with the replacement.

Martin Miller - Something New
ibiivelns - stesdonoci ñoas
The Sword - The Black River
Agalloch - Not Unlike the Waves
anlogeael - Called Home
Björk - Family
Riverside - Egoist Hedonist
Reliqa - I Don’t Know Who I Am
The Tea Party - Stargazer
Nightwish - Ever Dream (Live)
Aviations - Blink
Icehouse - Don’t Believe Anymore
oxan - oesr
The Hirsch Effekt - felnji
Moron Police - Isn’t It Easy
Mutemath - Break the Sane
Marillion - Afraid of Sunlight
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 07:29:40 AM by Metropolaris »

Offline romdrums

« Reply #487 on: November 07, 2023, 07:21:44 AM »
Marillion- Afraid of Sunlight.

:hefdaddy
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #488 on: November 07, 2023, 07:24:40 AM »
Also, there's a band called Icehouse? Like that awful beer from when "ice brewed" beer was a thing in the 90s?

Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #489 on: November 07, 2023, 07:28:45 AM »
Riverside is Egoist Hedonist.

Fantastic song.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history