Did you ever try hypnosis?

Yes and it worked
1 (12.5%)
Yes and it didn't work
0 (0%)
No
7 (87.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Did you ever try hypnosis?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Did you ever try hypnosis?
« on: September 22, 2023, 12:59:48 PM »
Has anyone ever used hypnosis to try and get rid of an addiction or trauma?

And if so, did it work?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Did you ever try hypnosis?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 01:01:15 PM »
Nope

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 01:07:28 PM »
i replied "yes and it worked" to the poll but then saw the OP mentioned specifically for additiction/trauma, which i have NOT used hypnosis for. technically my response is off, but i have dabbled a bit. just not for treatment of those things. my bad
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 01:36:32 PM »
i replied "yes and it worked" to the poll but then saw the OP mentioned specifically for additiction/trauma, which i have NOT used hypnosis for. technically my response is off, but i have dabbled a bit. just not for treatment of those things. my bad
I'm still interested in what your experience was, if you don't mind sharing.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 01:37:36 PM »
I haven't, but I know my aunt did it when she was much younger for smoking and she's never smoked a day since then.

However, apparently she went back for weight loss and it didn't work for that. Still, 50/50 ain't bad.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 01:46:17 PM »
I haven't, but I know my aunt did it when she was much younger for smoking and she's never smoked a day since then.

However, apparently she went back for weight loss and it didn't work for that. Still, 50/50 ain't bad.

Got to imagine it's worth trying if you are struggling to quit.

My limited understanding though, is not everyone can be hypnotized.

I've seen a few hypnosis shows when I was younger like in high school, they were funny.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 02:26:13 PM »
I've heard of success when it comes to cigs...not for any other addictive substances though, at least not personally.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 02:33:47 PM »
One of my older workers many years ago was a heavy smoker and went to hypnosis for it.  She's never touched a cigarette since.  We were all skeptical the amount she did smoke but the proof was there.  Although for years I thought even if it didn't work she'd just stop to not have us all mock her for getting hypnosis and it not work.........because we all kinda mocked her when she told us what she was doing lol.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2023, 03:36:32 PM »
The mom of a girl my daughter went to school with practices it (and she's a medical doctor as well) and swears by it.  I thought about trying it, for a couple of things, but then my daughter and the girl fell out, soooo...  I wasn't going to go in and wake up quacking like a chicken every time the doorbell rang. 

I'm a believer, though, but like anything else, I think it needs the commitment of the person. There's no easy way out.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 05:44:39 PM »
The mom of a girl my daughter went to school with practices it (and she's a medical doctor as well) and swears by it.  I thought about trying it, for a couple of things, but then my daughter and the girl fell out, soooo...  I wasn't going to go in and wake up quacking like a chicken every time the doorbell rang. 

I'm a believer, though, but like anything else, I think it needs the commitment of the person. There's no easy way out.

Robert Tepper agrees.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2023, 05:52:46 PM »

Robert Tepper agrees.

Lol...you literally read my mind.

On topic...I too am curious about others' experiences as it's something I've considered but have yet to sincerely explore.