Author Topic: Help needed for an amazing young lady  (Read 501 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Help needed for an amazing young lady
« on: September 18, 2023, 10:57:19 AM »
Hey, DTF.  I bring this thread to your attention because all of us here have demonstrated through the years that we are an amazing, caring, giving bunch, and whether we can individually do a little or a lot, there are lots of us here who have helped others through the years.

Somebody close to me is suffering and needs help.  This thread is about an amazing young lady that has touched a number of lives out here in my neck of the woods who is halfway across the country in college and needs help.  The medical and psychological team that is working with her has determined that one of the best things for her is to have a service animal that is trained to alert to certain situations where she will need to get additional help.  This particular aspect of her treatment is not covered by insurance, but is necessary, so she and her family  have to come out of pocket.  An unexpected blessing is that they in the past apparently raised and trained guide dogs for the blind, so they are able to do a lot of the initial training themselves, which has knocked off a HUGE portion of the costs.  But they are still a few thousand short.  For her own privacy, that's about all I can share right now.  But I know her personally and can vouch for the fact that this is real and 100% legitimate.  And I can say that any help you give her would also be considered a huge favor to me personally for someone I care about.

Anyhow, if any are inclined to help, an equally amazing young man I know put up a GoFund.me page to help with the fundraising, that can be found here:  https://gofund.me/16437fb1

If anyone needs/wants any additional information or has questions, please PM me. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 03:48:50 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Help needed for an amazing young lady
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 12:50:20 PM »
Bumping for a worthy cause.  Let's see what we can do, friends and neighbors.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 01:01:14 PM »
Hey Bosk, sorry for the delay, I was busy debating the definition of "ad hominem". :) :)

Donated, and hoping to spread the word for others!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 04:07:32 PM »
Thanks to those who have donated, as well as those who have not but have expressed support.  Whether anyone can help, or whether or not they choose to, I greatly appreciate the support for her.  It means a lot to me.  And the information is going out to other groups she is more closely affiliated with that are likely in a position to support as well. 

EDIT:  And thanks to Stadler for fighting the good fight and making sure people know the proper use and terminology for rhetoric.  :lol  :tup
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 04:47:33 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."