Author Topic: Concerts for 2024  (Read 8559 times)

jasc15 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
Re: Concerts for 2024
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2024, 08:45:41 AM »
FIREWIND 🔥 💖 🔥 💖 🔥 April 12 in Manchester, NH

Iron Maiden later this year in Worcester, MA

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2024, 08:53:17 AM »
Ooh Firewind is always fun, and they're playing a tiny club here. Is Herbie still on lead vocals?

Online crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2024, 08:55:16 AM »
Ooh Firewind is always fun, and they're playing a tiny club here. Is Herbie still on lead vocals?

Yes!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2024, 08:55:45 AM »
Sweet, he was fantastic with them when they opened for Dragonforce.

Online crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2024, 08:58:28 AM »
Sweet, he was fantastic with them when they opened for Dragonforce.

That tour with DragonForce is how I discovered them! Now they are my new favorite!!! If DT ranks as my #1 then Firewind is #1.5! Actually they are about tied now, really. I'm obsessed.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2024, 09:11:55 AM »
I never really listened to Firewind, but Herbie is solid with Avantasia. That tour isn't coming near me.  Funny enough, their opener, Edge of Paradise was also an opener for Dragonforce on their 2023 US tour last fall.  I wasn't really into them though.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2024, 10:08:36 AM »
I don't think Tremonti cancel all of the shows in January.  He's still plugging the shows in New Jersey in January.

https://twitter.com/MarkTTremonti/status/1736828074543464591

Cool, thanks, Im not sure I'll go, but the Red Bank show is local so I might pop in.

Mentioned the idea of going to this with my gf this weekend and she was very into the idea of going and since the snow doesn't look like it'll be an issue on Saturday, I think I've got my first concert of the year lined up.  There's $30 tickets in the back still unsold so I'll grab those at the box office Saturday for some cheap seats.  Do dinner in Red Bank as well, basically a date night with my gf lined up.

January 6th - Mark Tremonti Sings Sinatra @ Count Basie Theater, Red Bank NJ
I wish the show in Beverly Hills was still good to go, but alas, not happening.  I hope you enjoy it though.  I heard good things about it and proceeds go towards Down Syndrome treatment charities.

Meanwhile, my concert options are pretty barren for me.  I'm looking at the prices of the iHeartRadio Alter Ego festival at the Honda Center.  If any ticket falls under $100.00, I may just go for it.  Plus, I don't mind some of the bands in that line-up.  Otherwise, I may go to either Metal Allegiance or John 5 for this month.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2024, 11:58:40 AM »
I don't think Tremonti cancel all of the shows in January.  He's still plugging the shows in New Jersey in January.

https://twitter.com/MarkTTremonti/status/1736828074543464591

Cool, thanks, Im not sure I'll go, but the Red Bank show is local so I might pop in.

Mentioned the idea of going to this with my gf this weekend and she was very into the idea of going and since the snow doesn't look like it'll be an issue on Saturday, I think I've got my first concert of the year lined up.  There's $30 tickets in the back still unsold so I'll grab those at the box office Saturday for some cheap seats.  Do dinner in Red Bank as well, basically a date night with my gf lined up.

January 6th - Mark Tremonti Sings Sinatra @ Count Basie Theater, Red Bank NJ
I wish the show in Beverly Hills was still good to go, but alas, not happening.  I hope you enjoy it though.  I heard good things about it and proceeds go towards Down Syndrome treatment charities.

Meanwhile, my concert options are pretty barren for me.  I'm looking at the prices of the iHeartRadio Alter Ego festival at the Honda Center.  If any ticket falls under $100.00, I may just go for it.  Plus, I don't mind some of the bands in that line-up.  Otherwise, I may go to either Metal Allegiance or John 5 for this month.

I watched an interview with him about his child and the charity.  Another reason to go. But honestly, I listened to his Sinatra album this morning, and he sounds incredible singing those songs.  Does a great job. If he can perform like that live, this is going to be really good.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2024, 12:09:24 PM »
I never really listened to Firewind, but Herbie is solid with Avantasia. That tour isn't coming near me.  Funny enough, their opener, Edge of Paradise was also an opener for Dragonforce on their 2023 US tour last fall.  I wasn't really into them though.

Yeah, they did nothing for me.

I've actually seen Firewind with two top tier vocalists, Herbie and years ago I saw them with Kelly Sundown Carpenter at the helm, he was amazing.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2024, 12:52:07 AM »
I went to see Gnome at The Joiners in Southampton, on Friday. It was a friends birthday and the tickets were a steal at £15. Gnome are a Belgian stoner/sludge/doom band. Here's a few pics from the night...

The Gnome hat merch is kind of an ingenious idea. They charged £5 a hat and so many people were wearing them, including the band for their entire set! Witnessing a pit full of Gnome hats bobbing about was glorious (you can kinda make them out on the pictures above). The venue was probably only packed a few hundred in, but the sound was great and the band were on top form.

I like the band because they switch from really slow doomy riffs to a more fast paced stoner style with such ease, and the guitarist plays lots of interesting leads. Check 'em out if you ever get the chance.

https://youtu.be/f26jOvxBSOM?feature=shared

« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 01:00:33 AM by twosuitsluke »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2024, 02:59:23 PM »
A gnome pit sounds like a lot of fun!

My first concert of 2024 is in the books last weekend for Mark Tremonti Sings Frank Sinatra! It was a lovely date night (minus the pouring rain) with my gf in Red Bank, which is a very nice town in NJ along a river.  Lots of really nice restaurants near the venue.  So my gf and I went to a really nice Italian spot for dinner and drinks before the show.

Purchased physical tickets at the box office before the show to save on fees, so it came out to $64 for the two tickets in the last row.  The back section was mostly empty so it was nice to have the space and room without feeling cramped as the old theater has some pretty small seats.

No opener for Mark Tremonti, just a lady came out to give a short talk about the charity for down syndrome that the show was for and then off the show started around 8:15. It was an orchestra and Mark. They started with an instrumental song before Mark was introduced to the crowd and he went into Luck Be A Lady.  He sounded SO good.  As a metal head, this is not my arena, but boy did the whole band sound great.  I don't know a ton of Frank Sinatra songs, maybe was familiar with half the set.  Between songs Mark would either talk about the history of Frank and the song they were about to perform or he'd talk a bit about him self and the band and why they wanted to play that song, or what it meant to him.  It was pretty cool to hear a rock star talk about Frank Sinatra.

The orchestra was a few men in black shirts who were the core of his backing band and members who performed live with Frank in the past.  The rest of the band had white shirts and those were the local orchestra that he uses.  I guess that makes sense for so many pieces in the band.  He mentioned that we were getting more songs than the Atlantic City show, not sure why, but he menitoned a few songs were ones he had never done before.  That's honestly really cool because this is a side thing and he's going into deep cuts for this, it just shows the love for the music to me.

Anyway, my dad LOVES Frank Sinatra and it's a family tradition at big parties for my father to sing Summer Wind.  So when Mark played this song, I literally was crying.  I don't think I've broken down like that at a concert before.  Maybe a tear here and there at shows, but this was a full blown cry. Really powerful.  Of course you'd never know from my video though.  And one thing I liked as well, was the crowd reaction, one of the best pops of the night.

Show ended at 9:30 so it wasn't very long and we were home shortly after 10 which was quite nice honestly.  Just a really nice night out with my girl.

Mark Tremonti Sings Frank Sinatra LIVE @ Count Basie Theater Red Bank NJ 1/6/2024

Next up:

January 18th - Umphrey’s McGee @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2024, 03:07:38 PM »
^ Great video, and Tremonti genuinelly amazed me. He really did his homework, right down to the nuances. But boy the man can't wear a suit!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2024, 03:11:37 PM »
^ Great video, and Tremonti genuinelly amazed me. He really did his homework, right down to the nuances. But boy the man can't wear a suit!

Why do you say that? He looked good and confident to me, also, thanks for the comment on YT  :metal

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2024, 03:13:40 PM »

Why do you say that? He looked good and confident to me, also, thanks for the comment on YT  :metal

He looked really good and confident, but he couldn't fit it behind his neck to save his life!

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2024, 03:39:33 PM »
I purchased a cheaper ticket for this show ^ to support the great cause, but I LOATHE Sinatra, so NO WAY was I attending :lol. Glad it came off well though.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2024, 04:27:36 PM »
I'll be seeing Styx in Vegas on Feb. 3.

I'm likely skipping Maiden this time around because of inconvenient timing.

Queensryche and Armored Saint on March 27 are a strong possibility.

YYNOT will be on the list whenever they schedule Socal shows.

Same for a Rush tribute band called Mood Lifters.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2024, 04:41:45 PM »
I purchased a cheaper ticket for this show ^ to support the great cause, but I LOATHE Sinatra, so NO WAY was I attending :lol. Glad it came off well though.

on stubhub? because there was nothing cheaper for face value that I was aware of.  I saw a few cheaper on resale but didn't scoop them up as I actually just wanted to be in the back.  There were even $70 front row seats available that was tempting, but like I said, I just wanted to chill in the back for this.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2024, 05:38:47 PM »
No, I meant the cheapest on sale ticket at the time of sale.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2024, 05:42:24 PM »
Saxon/Uriah Heep tour announced today. Looking forward to the Keswick show on May8!

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2024, 12:14:38 AM »

He looked really good and confident, but he couldn't fit it behind his neck to save his life!

The man spends most of his professional career wearing rock/metal based t-shirts and making funny faces while playing guitar.  Prior to this project, in all the years I kept track of the various bands he's in, I could not ever imagine him performing in a suit.  Here we are now.  One of the more productive guitarists in the last however many years doing a side project that requires him to sing in a professional manner, without playing guitar, and doing it well and doing it for charity.  Awesome that you get to see that, Cramx.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2024, 05:35:10 AM »

The man spends most of his professional career wearing rock/metal based t-shirts and making funny faces while playing guitar.  Prior to this project, in all the years I kept track of the various bands he's in, I could not ever imagine him performing in a suit.  Here we are now.  One of the more productive guitarists in the last however many years doing a side project that requires him to sing in a professional manner, without playing guitar, and doing it well and doing it for charity.  Awesome that you get to see that, Cramx.

He is truly remarkable and I hope me having a laugh at that goofy peculiarity hasn't offended you.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2024, 05:55:58 AM »
Cool vid Cram, I watched about half of it and it was really cool seeing Tremonti do FS. That's not something I would have predicted for a long time :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2024, 08:25:21 AM »
tickets for the Saxon/Uriah Heep tour, the pre-sale code since today 10:00 AM EST is FIRE

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2024, 09:30:39 AM »

He is truly remarkable and I hope me having a laugh at that goofy peculiarity hasn't offended you.

Oh no, absolutely no offense to that at all.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2024, 04:53:59 PM »
All right, I've done it.  First concert I booked for 2024 is set.  I'm going to Cleveland, OH to see Avenged Sevenfold.  Found a decent ticket on SeatGeek and decided to pull the trigger while I can.

Avenged Sevenfold with Poppy opening - Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse - Cleveland, OH.  March 9th, 2024.

Now to sort out the flight and stay plans.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2024, 05:21:15 PM »
Added both nights of BtBaM in April to my list in the OP. I'll definitely make the Friday show, Thursday depends on the work situation.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2024, 05:49:03 PM »
tickets for the Saxon/Uriah Heep tour, the pre-sale code since today 10:00 AM EST is FIRE

:tup
Always felt there should be a pre sale code topic for everyone!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2024, 06:12:32 PM »

The presale code here is HEAVY. No sure why this would need a presale.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2024, 06:15:59 PM »
Not too much booked so far. I’m seeing Paul Di’Anno on January 16th, Voyager in June and Iron Maiden on September 1st. Waiting for Knotfest to announce their sideshows, but I think this year won’t be as good as 2023 was.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2024, 06:23:17 PM »
Nice job on the video, Marc - awesome read about the show and specifically how that song resonated with you so much!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 06:28:37 PM by Awaken »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2024, 08:26:37 AM »
Nice job on the video, Marc - awesome read about the show and specifically how that song resonated with you so much!

Thanks, and yeah, my gf is like "whoa, whats wrong?!" I honestly likely wouldn't of even thought to attend if it wasn't for my dad's love of Sinatra.  I also bought the Tremonti Sings Sinatra CD at the merch stand to give to my father. But clearly, those feelings of family hit me hard at that moment.

I found that if I go to twitter and search for pre-sale codes, I usually can find them since the venues often will share that info.  (obviously not like user specific ones, but the general venue/livenation type of presale codes)

All right, I've done it.  First concert I booked for 2024 is set.  I'm going to Cleveland, OH to see Avenged Sevenfold.  Found a decent ticket on SeatGeek and decided to pull the trigger while I can.

Avenged Sevenfold with Poppy opening - Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse - Cleveland, OH.  March 9th, 2024.

Now to sort out the flight and stay plans.

I still need to get my A7X NJ tickets, but at this point it seems I'm probably waiting until closer to the day of the show. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2024, 10:02:26 AM »

Mark Tremonti Sings Frank Sinatra LIVE @ Count Basie Theater Red Bank NJ 1/6/2024

Nice video. I had this show in mind and completely forgot about it.

I'm trying to take a step back from shows this year. I have a comedy thing next weekend, and Prize Fighter Inferno in February. Beyond that, I'll see what comes up the rest of the year but no plans as of now.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2024, 10:28:57 PM »
Well, I pulled the trigger.  I got a ticket to the iHeartRadio ALTer EGO festival.  It's not really a price I want to pay often, but the star power of the line-up is fine (even if they are going to play short 30-something minute sets). It's close by in Anaheim.  I can find reliable parking and quite honestly, this is probably the only concert that I note this month that I can have some form of excitement about.

iHeartRadio ALTer EGO Festival (Fall Out Boy, The 1975, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Black Keys, Bush, Sum 41, Yellowcard and more) - Honda Center - Anaheim, California.  January 13th 2024.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2024, 08:05:04 AM »
That's a cool line up, those radio shows can be a lot of fun.  I'm guessing they'll have the rotating stage so it's non stop music. At least that's how the Audacity concert was last year and the KROQ one I went to many years ago.  Enjoy!

Kamelot has been hinting and I'm fairly certain that when they announce their tour on Tuesday it will be Kamelot, Hammerfall, and Ad Infinitum and they will be coming to Starland in NJ, just a matter of what day in April/May.   That'll be an awesome tour.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2024, 06:10:36 PM »
All right, well.  Might as well talk about the concert I went to last Saturday.  Went to the iHeartRadio ALTer Ego festival at the Honda Center in Anaheim.  Saw 8 out of the 9 bands (decided to pass on Fall Out Boy as it was around 11 PM as they started and I decided I need to get on home.  They'll be back in the same venue in March with Jimmy Eat World.  If ticket prices are in a range I like, I may go for it.)  Here's what I thought about those bands.

The Black Keys - They were all right.  Solid stripped back rock sounds.  The two main guys (the drummer and guitarist/vocalist) showcased their skills well.

Lovelytheband - They were ok as well.  They had that one song, Broken, that I heard years ago on radio.

Yellowcard - They were in the middle of a comeback and one of the bands I was looking forward to.  The sound could be better, but their performance was good enough to convince me to see them with Third Eye Blind at the Greek Theater later this summer if ticket prices are reasonable.

Sum 41 - Another band that I was looking forward to.  Before they came out, Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park was a special guest and had a solid ovation from the crowd, and talked about a few things about his current endeavors before announcing Sum 41 to come out on stage.  They had a lot of good energy and stuck with a few hits and one new song and I wished they had more than 20 minutes.  They have announced an headlining show in Inglewood at Youtube Theater.  Any other reasonable venue in LA, but Youtube Theater, would have been dandy for me to go to.

The 1975 - This was the band that everyone in the crowd was looking forward to.  I don't think I heard a reaction similar to what The 1975 had since I saw 5 Seconds of Summer back in June 2022.  Speaking of which, one of the guys of 5 Seconds of Summer came out to announce The 1975 and he too got a great ovation from the crowd.  As for the music, it's ok in my eyes, but nothing that I want to go see their own headlining show for.

Bush - This was the band I wanted to see the most, but they got a bad draw when it comes to the placement, as I think people were treating Bush as their time to their restroom breaks (since there was only 5-10 minutes in between sets).  Brent Smith of Shinedown was the special guest to bring out Bush to the stage, and sadly, I might have been the only guy in my section that knew who he was.  All in all, yeah, it was a tough going for Bush in terms of crowd reception, but I enjoyed the set.  They played Everything Zen, Machinehead, More Than Machines, Nowhere to Go but Everywhere (this was the spot where Gavin Rossdale did his going into the crowd and sing near the people in the seats spot).  That may have woken the crowd up as they were receptive to the end of the sets hearing Glycerine and Comedown so it's better to end on a good note.

The Last Dinner Party - Now this was the restroom break for me and couple of other people, but I was still able to catch their short set.  All-female band dressed in fancy dinner clothes, playing Alt Rock stuff. They were fine, but nothing that tells me that I need to go see them again in the future at their own shows.

30 Seconds to Mars - Oh goodness, where do I want to begin with this one?  One of the guys from Maneskin was the special guest to announce 30 Seconds to Mars.  Let's just say I'm glad to experience this as a short-30 min. festival set rather than see them play 90 minutes.  First, they had a gospel choir on stage for the whole set.  Then Jared Leto (wearing a cape) decided to make his entrance last, while singing in the crowd during Walk on Water as he makes his way to the stage.  Then he announced that he's sick and needs the crowd to help him out singing along to Kings and Queens (he probably would do this anyway even if he wasn't sick) and had some small pyro.  He had that aura that probably makes him think he was a god.  I couldn't tell if he truly felt that way or how much of that was gimmick based.  I'm pretty certain that with only two guys on instruments that some of this had a backing track to fill the instrumental space, until they brought out Mikey Way (the bassist for My Chemical Romance).  They also played two new songs (one acoustic sounding and one electro-sounding I think). 

Leto, as one would expect, does like to talk a lot and he had call us out on, before playing Attack, on how he knows that when we all first heard of them, we were in middle school-age and now we are older, our backs are broken, our legs are worn out, but he still wants this crowd to give all the energy they got.  Final song was The Kill (Bury Me) and they went a verse and chorus before Leto was like, "Wait!  Something is missing with this one.  Oh yeah, we need some fans on stage to sing with us on this one," so he picked a few people from the crowd to come up on stage to finish the song.  If this was their headlining show, I would have no quarrels, but in a radio festival where all the bands had limited time, you decided to pull this stuff and we have to wait a few minutes for the people to show up on stage?  F that.  I would have wanted another 5 minutes of Sum 41 if I knew this was a thing.  Overall, I don't know how much I would stomach if they had an extra hour and quite frankly, 35 minutes is good enough for me.

As for the radio festival experience.  It was pretty good.  About 3.5 hours of live music along with all of the house music being the Alt Rock that I grew up listening on the radio in outlets such as KROQ and the crowd singing along to them (I recall one of those songs was SOAD's Chop Suey! and people in the crowd was peeved when the song track stopped (so that the next band would come out to play) because people wanted to get to the FATHER! part of the song)).  That was great.

As for the next concert for me?  I don't know.  I got options in February.  Will see what's out there.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 10:33:35 PM by Anguyen92 »