Author Topic: Concerts for 2024  (Read 8466 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Concerts for 2024
« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2024, 02:42:33 PM »
Last Thursday Pantera and Lamb of God performed at Madison Square Garden.

My buddy really hooked me and some of our high school friends up good.  He got us into his work's executive suite.  I had never seen this at MSG before. 

There was a private entrance to the suites so no line to get in.  The suite itself is actually floor level of the arena.  Go through a few small hallways under the 100 level seats and into a private room with couchs, tvs, a buffet, and a private bar with bartender.  Everything besides hard liqour is included, so I had quite a few coronas over the night.  Food included sushi, korean fried chicken, casadillas, and burgers plus some finger foods and desserts.  The TV had the Rangers vs. Devils game (being played in NJ, which also added a lot of fun to our train ride which had all the fans from both sides riding) so some solid overdose of entertainment.  Besides us, there were maybe 8 other people from his work there who all seemed nice although we mostly didn't mingle. The only thing the sucked was from in the suite, you couldn't see the stage or anything going on in the arena.  So you'd walk through a small hallway and out of it you'd be right on the floor, but the security would block you from going to the seats or pit and force you into the stands. We were in the front row of the seats just above the floor.  Incredible view!

We all just ate/drank/chilled during Childbite, the opening band.  Lamb of God came on at 8pm.  The Garden had mostly filled up at this point.  Thought they were really good.  Randy has so much stage energy running around.  The band sounded really tight.  Pyro was used in a few songs.  My 3rd time seeing them, and probably my favorite mostly for being much closer the previous times and just getting to see them in arena too.  Before they finished the set wiht Redneck, it looked like the singer's family came out and sang happy birthday to him and even had a cake that looked pretty metal  :metal

Pantera came on at 9:30.  They sounded really good, very live and raw.  Phil's vocals were solid although his speaking voice was kind of hard to listen to at times.  Lots of pyro and video screen, solid stage show.  Zakk was enjoyable to watch.  I saw them open for Metallica last year and this was definitely a better sounding and better show to watch this time around.  Sadly, they only did two more songs than that opening slot.  Kind of expected a bit more.  The Floods guitar solo was pretty epic.  The performance with Walk with a bunch of people on stage was a lot of fun.  The venue was packed and it looked like there was a solid mosh pit on the GA part of the floor.  Great night that ended with Phil doing a mic drop singing Stairway to Heaven by himself. 

Pantera & Lamb of God LIVE @ Madison Square Garden New York City NY 2024

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2024, 03:28:51 PM »
Haken, in Baltimore this Wednesday

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2024, 04:07:48 PM »
Haken, in Baltimore this Wednesday

:metal

Next up for me is a Haken weekend, NYC on Saturday and NJ on Sunday

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2024, 05:16:05 PM »
Next for me is Ov Sulfur next Thursday, a deathcore group out of Colorado. Got the tickets on a whim having known just a few tracks of theirs, and have been diving into their stuff... this is going to be a very heavy show. :lol

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2024, 06:24:40 PM »
THIS weekend:
BBT Saturday
HAKEN Sunday
 :corn :corn :corn

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2024, 07:29:32 AM »
Ronny Chieng in Minneapolis 1-week from Friday!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2024, 09:36:16 AM »
I had no idea Saigon Kick are doing some 30 years of Water anniversary shows. if they were coming to my town, I'd go in a second.

https://www.facebook.com/events/924242985871578/?ref=newsfeed

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2024, 11:23:32 AM »
Impatiently waiting for the Aftershock lineup announcement later today. Good money is on the headliners being Slayer, Maiden, Pantera, and Judas Priest. Also solid hope for Evanescance, Jinjer, Spiritbox, and Alien Weaponry. Hoping they continue their trend of bringing two acts from Japan too (2022- Band Maid, Nemophila...2023- Hanabie, Babymetal). I'M LOOKING AT YOU LOVEBITES!!!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2024, 01:30:23 PM »
Looks like you were pretty spot on

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2024, 03:49:08 PM »
Looks like you were pretty spot on

Yeah, it's almost a carbon copy of the Louder than Life lineup, which is also a DWP festival. Bummed there was no Jmetal acts though :(

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #185 on: February 29, 2024, 04:22:46 PM »
So I got an email from SeatGeek regarding the A7X ticket I bought for the show in Cleveland telling me that I got an upgrade from a 200 section to a C100 section.  Don't know if I will get any free stuff outside of being in a lower-level seat that's probably worth twice the price I paid for when I bought the ticket, but this sounds neat.  Still haven't gotten the ticket transfer yet though. All I see on the SeatGeek page is stuff like "This ticket will be available in time for the event." and "Order confirmed. The seller has confirmed your order. Your ticket will be delivered right here before the event," but I'm sure things will sort itself out by then.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #186 on: February 29, 2024, 05:02:28 PM »
Impatiently waiting for the Aftershock lineup announcement later today. Good money is on the headliners being Slayer, Maiden, Pantera, and Judas Priest. Also solid hope for Evanescance, Jinjer, Spiritbox, and Alien Weaponry. Hoping they continue their trend of bringing two acts from Japan too (2022- Band Maid, Nemophila...2023- Hanabie, Babymetal). I'M LOOKING AT YOU LOVEBITES!!!

The Warning are playing at that; 2nd year in a row I guess.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #187 on: February 29, 2024, 05:25:15 PM »

The Warning are playing at that; 2nd year in a row I guess.

Nope, they played in '22, not last year.

That was when this epic meeting happened....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTtH8jozrQQ

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #188 on: March 04, 2024, 11:52:10 AM »
Darn, Halestorm and I Prevail is doing a co-headlining tour with Hollywood Undead as support and no California date.  That's a bummer.  I honestly would think this bill would do ok at FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine (even if they close off the two worst bleacher sections of the venue).

https://loudwire.com/halestorm-i-prevail-2024-north-american-summer-tour-dates/

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2024, 08:36:45 AM »
Baroness/Red Fang tour dates:
May 13 Winston Salem, NC The Ramkat
May 14 Norfolk, VA Elevation 27
May 15 Baltimore, MD Ram's Head Live
May 16 Asbury Park, NJ The Stone Pony
May 18 Harrisburg, PA HMAC

Tickets for the newly announced, non-festival dates are on-sale this Friday at 10 am local time. Ticketing links can be found on YourBaroness.com.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2024, 08:39:31 AM »
Darn, Halestorm and I Prevail is doing a co-headlining tour with Hollywood Undead as support and no California date.  That's a bummer.  I honestly would think this bill would do ok at FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine (even if they close off the two worst bleacher sections of the venue).

https://loudwire.com/halestorm-i-prevail-2024-north-american-summer-tour-dates/

This show is coming to me, but sadly, already have tickets for another show the same date.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2024, 10:21:45 AM »
PRONG and Vöivod 2024 Co-Headline Dates:
Wed 3/6/24 - Vancouver, BC - Commodore Ballroom
Thu 3/7/24 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
Fri 3/8/24 - Eugene, OR - John Henry's
Sat 3/9/24 - Berkeley, CA - The UC Theatre
Sun 3/10/24 - Los Angeles, CA - The Fonda Theatre
Tue 3/12/24 - San Diego, CA - Brick by Brick
Wed 3/13/24 - Phoenix, AZ - The Van Buren
Thu 3/14/24 - El Paso, TX - Rockhouse
Fri 3/15/24 - Dallas, TX - Granada Theater
Sat 3/16/24 - Oklahoma City, OK - Diamond Ballroom
Sun 3/17/24 - St. Louis, MO - The Golden Record
Tue 3/19/24 - Detroit, MI - Harpos
Wed 3/20/24 - Chicago, IL - Thalia Hall
Thu 3/21/24 - Fort Wayne, IN - Piere's Entertainment Center
Fri 3/22/24 - Knoxville, TN - The Concourse
Sa 3/23/24 - Raleigh, NC - Lincoln Theatre
Sun 3/24/24 - Stroudsburg, PA - Sherman Theater

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2024, 02:20:49 PM »
I shared my Haken reviews/thoughts in the band thread, but if curious, here's my published review thanks to Ministro:

https://lotsofmuzik.com/an-evening-with-haken-at-the-palladium-times-square-new-york-city-show-review-by-cramx3/

On Wednesday I went to see Gwar at my local ballroom.  Bought a great 2 for 1 tickets deal on Valentines Day and took my girlfriend to this. I had seen Gwar 5 times previously and knew what to expect, my gf had only heard the stories from me.  She wanted to go and she was thoroughly entertained  :lol

There were two opening bands, but I only caught the ending of the second one, Cancer Bats.  I didn't think they were that bad.  Not entirely sure what genre they were, maybe stoner metal?  They did a Beastie Boys cover of Sabotage that was cool.

Gwar did about an hour and 15 minute headline set.  What made this show interesting was that it's the first tour with the new guitarist (Gwar actually has no orignal members) and after the first song, they introduced him in an interesting way in regards to their whole alien story.  Something about fucking a dolphin and being confused if the new guitarist was the same as the old guitarist  :lol (they have similar costumes, I think it's because he's new).  Anyway, I thought it was kind of cool to make it part of the show.  Plenty of blood was shot into the crowd as they killed different creatures throughout the night, and of course Biden.  The setlist was fresh, to me, and included a lot of newer songs and some rarer old songs.  Nice mix for me even though I didn't know most of the newer songs, they were fine, and it was just nice to see a good rotation of songs since the last time I saw them.  At one point a fan got onto the stage and took a beating from the crew  :lol

I think this was also the most wild of a crowd I've seen for Gwar.  The venue had one side curtain off so it wasn't a sellout and it wasn't really packed either, but the front of the stage had a lot of people going wild and crowd surfing.  A really great crowd overall I'd say.  Their sound was pretty good, the new guitarist was shredding, and the band sounded pretty good overall.  I honeslty don't know how they perform in those costumes.  Really fun night out with my gf, she even got a Gwar patch!

GWAR LIVE @ Starland Ballroom Sayreville NJ 3/6/2024

Next up are these back to back sold out concerts:

March 22nd - Fall Out Boy, Jimmy Eats World, Hot Mulligan @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
March 23rd - Set It Off & Crown the Empire @ Irving Plaza, New York City NY

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2024, 05:25:17 PM »
Ok, finally got enough chill back into my system to report on last night's show. Probably the heaviest show I've ever been to, the lineup was Extermination Dismemberment, Ghost Bath, Mental Cruelty, and headliners Ov Sulfur in a 200 person dive club all for the low price of 30 bucks. The headliners were the only one's I was familiar with were the headliners, and I purposely didn't research the other guys. Venue barely had a stage, and a wide floor with benches on either side, I chose the bench right against the stage to take it somewhat easy (turned out to be a great vantage point cause during the sets I could stand on the bench and get that killer view of the crowd fucking losing it).

First band, Extermination Dismemberment were fun, good starters and all, but nothing mindblowing.

Second up was Ghost Bath, and these dudes were impressive. They had a progressive death metal sound that was really dense and rich, and delivered a very high energy set. Dark as fuck though, all their songs were about suicide, and the music reflected that, but musically they were spot fucking on.

Ghost Bath- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20fRRhqrei4

Next up was Mental Cruelty, the surprise of the night. These guys were insanely intense, and brought it fucking hard with a dynamic performance by the lead singer, he got that crowd going hard, and man did they respond. This was the set where I was glad I had my elevated vantage point, it was so damn intense watching them go at it, the back and forth between the crowd and the band was truly a delight.

Mental Cruelty- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl3iykp2yRs

Finally headliner Ov Sulfur came out, and I think the crowd was spent cause they didn't get the response they should have even though musically I felt they were the most solid of the night. Still, a good enough crowd, with a solid pit that got a bit downgraded when a crowd killer got lose in there. I mean if the whole crowd is into it fine, but if it's a normal pit and you go around punching and kicking people you need to fuck off). They played some of my favorites but skipped Oblivion which bummed me a bit, but all in all it was an insane evening which will certainly broaden my choice of shows in the future.

Ov Sulfur- Earthen- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck1ZuUR9Ekg

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2024, 05:39:18 PM »
Next up 4 me is KK's PRIEST, either at Starland or Keswick depending on my schedule.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #195 on: March 08, 2024, 05:47:39 PM »
On a total side note, death metal bands hands down have the best merch.  :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2024, 06:46:16 AM »
I ended up buckling and buying tickets to Incubus in Tampa. I was surprised by a couple on things; first, I think tickets have been on sale for a couple weeks now but I was able to log in and buy 5th row tickets. There are tickets left everywhere in the arena; two, the price is a little nuts. I didn't plan on buying tickets so close to the stage but the price was $330 for 5th row, or $324 for the first section of raised seating. By comparison my Tool tickets this year were $216 for the floor and were sold out almost immediately.

Anyway, I can't wait to see one of my favorite albums played live and hang out with my brother.

Current lineup:

4/02 - Joe Satriani and Steve Vai - Charlotte, NC
4/13 - Brit Floyd - Coumbia, SC
8/10 - Train & REO Speedwagon - Charlotte, NC
9/03 - Incubus and Coheed & Cambria - Tampa, FL
9/21 - Meliss Etheridge and Jewel - Charlotte, NC (I might not go to this, might just give my ticket to my wife's friend)

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2024, 07:28:20 PM »
got a complimentary ticket for Sleepytime Gorilla Museum for Tuesday night in Minneapolis, even though I'm not a huge fan. I did see them at least 22 years ago with Bubblemath. A friend of mine who bought the ticket couldn't go per he's at Cruise to the Edge.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #198 on: March 11, 2024, 10:30:05 AM »
Adding Fallujah, Persefone and Dawn of Ouroboros for July 22nd, though it's a Monday so will be a last minute decision.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #199 on: March 11, 2024, 10:45:08 AM »
Im guessing itll be a hot ticket, but I'd like to see Weezer at the Garden on 9/11

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2024, 10:47:04 PM »
Well, I'm back from being in Cleveland for A7X and Pittsburgh to watch a Penguins game.  I'll write about my thoughts (probably not) in the respective threads at some point this week.

Anywho, tours being announced in the last few days.

Weezer celebrating their Blue album.  LA show will be in the new Intuit Dome in Inglewood.  I hate traveling to Inglewood, so this will be a pass for me.

Five Finger Death Punch with Marilyn Manson.  SoCal show will in the Honda Center.  I will pass since I don't really care about either bands.

Breaking Benjamin, Staind, and Daughtry are doing a tour together in the Fall.  SoCal show will also be in the Honda Center.  This one I may consider.  Breaking Benjamin should really need to get some new stuff out or change out parts of their setlist for tours like these.  It's getting really stale for them at this point without having new stuff.  This would be the 3rd straight year they will do a co-headlining show in the OC.  Other than that, seeing Staind could be fine.  I may already catch Daughtry prior to this if I end up going to that festival bill in San Bernardino that Creed is headlining in the summer.  Will check for some cheap tickets throughout the months.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2024, 08:41:18 AM »
Yeah, Breaking Benjamin has milked their set to death touring it for the last like 7 years now  :lol I do understand they are working on a new album, just haven't heard anything about a release.  Hopefully soon.  That show isn't coming near me, which is fine. Both Staind and BB played locally last year so it would be odd to have them come back again, especially when Staind is playing locally in April.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2024, 08:58:56 AM »
Looks like Slash is going to do a Summer tour based around a Blues cover album he has coming out.  LA show is in Greek Theater on a Saturday.  That's a maybe.  I don't know if my attention span can handle a Blues concert.

https://twitter.com/Slash/status/1767553520264466813

Offline Nachtmerrie

« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2024, 12:53:59 PM »
Saw Enslaved with Svalbard and Wayfarer yesterday.

Wayfarer was great. Pretty unique sound with the americana influences in their black metal. I loved their last album and it was nice to see them live.
Svalbard was the highlight of evening for me. So much energy and connection with the public. One of the younger bands to watch over the next few years.
Enslaved was uncomfortable for me. One of those bands I should like but just donīt connect with. Third time Iīve seen them live and it felt akward.
Their podium presence feels forced and not authentic. Starting the encore with a drum solo was quite strange. I understand why people adore this band but I can safely conclude itīs not for me. Longest 90 minute show Iīve ever seen ::)

Next is Orbit Culture tomorrow.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2024, 12:59:17 PM »
Im guessing itll be a hot ticket, but I'd like to see Weezer at the Garden on 9/11

Scooped up a couple tickets for this today on presale, should be a good one and an expected sell out.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2024, 09:32:11 AM »

There's only one date announced right now (Humphrey's in San Diego, and tickets go on sale tomorrow), but supposedly this is a real tour. I've seen 62 dates bandied about. Definitely one I'll see a couple of times.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2024, 10:41:21 AM »
I'm not a massive KC fan, but I'd see it just to see Carey work his magic in a non-massive arena environment.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2024, 10:50:26 AM »
I'm not a big fan of KC either but I can't miss an opportunity to see Danny and Steve Vai go on tour.

Online TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2024, 11:18:15 AM »
damn that show looks right up my alley. huge KC fan and i love all 4 of those musicians
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2024, 12:40:51 PM »

There's only one date announced right now (Humphrey's in San Diego, and tickets go on sale tomorrow), but supposedly this is a real tour. I've seen 62 dates bandied about. Definitely one I'll see a couple of times.

Can't share any details, but can confirm this is a real tour