Author Topic: Concerts for 2024  (Read 8469 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Concerts for 2024
« on: September 12, 2023, 01:57:44 PM »
Tour announcements are starting to drop, might as well make this official...

Feb 10- Haken, Los Angeles
Feb 21- Caligula's Horse, Cornerstone, Berkeley
Mar 7- Ov Sulfur - Neck of the Woods, San Francisco
April 5 - Survive Said the Prophet - Cornerstone, Berkeley
April 12 - BtBaM - Goldfields in Sacramento
April 25 - Babymetal - The Masonic, San, Francisco
May 18 - Decapitated, Septic Flesh, Allegaeon - DNA Lounge, San Francisco
May 31 - Hanabie - Ace of Spades, Sacramento
June 12 - OK Goodnight - 924 Gilman, Berkeley
July 22 - Fallujah, Persefone, Dawn of Ouroboros - Neck of the Woods, San Francisco
Sep 4-7- Amorphis, Lovebites, Damian Wilson et al, Prog Power USA, Center Theater, Atlanta
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 10:30:55 AM by lonestar »

Offline Anguyen92

Re: Concerts for 2024
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 04:37:40 PM »
Maynard James Keenan is doing a run in the Southwest regions of the states where he's playing with Puscifer and A Perfect Circle in one show and they are bringing Primus along for the ride.  All while he's turning 60 in April.

https://loudwire.com/maynard-james-keenan-turn-60-collaborative-puscifer-a-perfect-circle-primus-2024-tour/

I'm surprised they are going to do Hollywood Bowl for the LA show, but maybe I'm underestimating how big those bands are.

I got no shows planned for 2024 for now, but I'm hoping Myles Kennedy will do some solo shows in SoCal and I guess I'm willing to see Creed if they do a Summer tour in outdoor amphitheaters.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 06:46:14 PM »
Maynard James Keenan is doing a run in the Southwest regions of the states where he's playing with Puscifer and A Perfect Circle in one show and they are bringing Primus along for the ride.  All while he's turning 60 in April.

https://loudwire.com/maynard-james-keenan-turn-60-collaborative-puscifer-a-perfect-circle-primus-2024-tour/

I'm surprised they are going to do Hollywood Bowl for the LA show, but maybe I'm underestimating how big those bands are.

I got no shows planned for 2024 for now, but I'm hoping Myles Kennedy will do some solo shows in SoCal and I guess I'm willing to see Creed if they do a Summer tour in outdoor amphitheaters.
I doubt he'll pack the Bowl, but he might. He's doing two nights at Red Rocks and those will sellout. His shows have a tendency to sell surprisingly well. Plus, the nature of this is unique. All three bands will be on stage the whole evening, trading off tunes and whatnot. It's the same thing he did 10 years ago at the Greek. He's just taking this one on the road for a week. I'll make a point to catch it somewhere, but no idea where that will be. The Greek Theater in SF seems interesting.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 06:32:17 AM »
Got nothing lined up yet aside from possibly Haken but hopefully 2024 will fill out nicely over the coming months.

Online TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 07:24:40 AM »
i'm trying to go to haken too. i'm excited for what is coming in 2024 tho, i have been going to so many great shows in 2023 so far!
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 12:16:39 PM »
Just grabbed tickets to two dates of the G3 reunion tour:

Oakland - 2/3
LA Night one - 2/9

Likely going to Haken in LA on 2/10 and possibly Anaheim on 2/11

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 12:32:05 PM »
bought my ticket for Squid in Minneapolis next February many months ago.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2023, 09:54:27 AM »
Picked up tickets for Extreme/Living Colour for February. That'll be three times on this tour for my wife and I. My hope is, they'll include the new songs "The Mask" and "Thicker Than Blood" on this second U.S. leg, since both videos will be out by then (The Mask is out now). I can't emphasize this tour enough. A true old-school, the way it should be, headliner set of 2 hours. And Living Colour gets 45 minutes. So thankful that Extreme does things RIGHT.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2023, 11:26:09 AM »
Just grabbed tickets to two dates of the G3 reunion tour:

Oakland - 2/3
LA Night one - 2/9

Likely going to Haken in LA on 2/10 and possibly Anaheim on 2/11

Got my Haken ticket for the Fonda in LA, Anaheim tbd  :metal

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2023, 07:42:14 PM »
Extreme 1/24 NJ
Haken 3/3 NJ

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2023, 09:59:45 AM »
Extreme 1/24 NJ
Haken 3/3 NJ

Mike! Good to see you around bud!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 01:23:08 PM »

I doubt he'll pack the Bowl, but he might. He's doing two nights at Red Rocks and those will sellout. His shows have a tendency to sell surprisingly well. Plus, the nature of this is unique. All three bands will be on stage the whole evening, trading off tunes and whatnot. It's the same thing he did 10 years ago at the Greek. He's just taking this one on the road for a week. I'll make a point to catch it somewhere, but no idea where that will be. The Greek Theater in SF seems interesting.

I'm not too into the Maynard bands but that really sounds like an interesting show, I'd totally go if it were local. 

Here's my list so far for 2024:

January 24th - Extreme & Living Colour @ Bergen PAC, Englewood NJ
February 2nd - Mr. Big @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
March 3rd - Haken @ The Vogel, Red Bank NJ
March 22nd - Fall Out Boy, Jimmy Eats World, The Maine @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY

then I am expecting a 311 Day in Vegas announcement soon, so I would like to attend that again if it works out.  Also ProgPower is in the cards again for next year.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2023, 07:23:03 AM »
Most of these are tentative, but looking like a strong start to the year concert-wise.

January 20th- Mr. Big @ Orlando FL
January 27th- Kansas @ Melbourne FL
February 6th- Kenny Wayne Shepherd + Eric Gales @Orlando FL
March 2nd- Haken @ NYC
March 3rd- Haken @ NJ
March 4th- Steve Hackett @ Orlando FL
March 8th to 13th- All the bands @ Cruise to the Edge
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2023, 10:57:29 AM »
Ok, I may have found something I can go to and start the year off.  Alter Bridge's Mark Tremonti is doing a few shows in January under Tremonti Sings Sinatra where he is singing, not playing guitar at all, Sinatra Covers for charity, NDSS specifically.  He's playing at the Saban Theater in Beverly Hills.

I got to admit this is going to be weird in all fronts for me attending this show.  A.  I don't drive to Beverly Hills and don't really care much for that part of LA.  Although, it's only four miles west of the Wiltern Theater on the same street, so that should be fine.  B. I got to dress a little more nicely for this show than I would other concerts.  Can't be showing up in the same Alter Bridge shirt for this one.  C. Seeing Mark Tremonti and not see him play guitar is going to weird as well, but I know he's more than a competent enough vocalist to do this and he's done a few of these kinds of shows before so I'm sure it's going to be fine.

Tremonti Sings Sinatra - Saban Theater - Beverly Hills, CA.  January 13th, 2024.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 11:04:24 AM by Anguyen92 »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2023, 11:02:54 AM »
Feb 7th - Mr. Big
Feb 10th - Lotusland (Rush Tribute band)
March 1st - Haken
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2023, 03:13:46 PM »
bought my ticket for Squid in Minneapolis next February many months ago.

2/4/24 Mayer Hawthorne @ The Fine Line in Minneapolis (same venue as Squid, 10 days earlier).

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2023, 11:37:08 AM »
Added The Ocean to my list for '24, Feb 28th at the Great American Music Hall. Props to whoever sent them to me in my roulette for turning me on to them. :tup

Gonna keep all my updates in the OP for easy finding.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2023, 11:40:18 AM »
Between ProgPower and Iron Maiden tickets for next fall, I'm broke  :lol I still really want to do 311 day in Vegas but now that's in jeopardy.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2023, 11:52:36 AM »
Added Creed and Tonic opening. I really wanted to see Tonic live so that's why I'm seeing Creed.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2023, 12:03:29 PM »
Between ProgPower and Iron Maiden tickets for next fall, I'm broke  :lol I still really want to do 311 day in Vegas but now that's in jeopardy.

Saw the prices on Maiden tix, thank god I'm not the level of fan that needs to see them. :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2023, 04:28:30 PM »
Well, so far, plans for 2024.

Tremonti Sings Sinatra - Saban Theater - Beverly Hills, CA.  January 13th, 2024.

Maybe I'll see Creed in the Summer of '99 and Beyond festival where it's them, 3 Doors Down, Daughtry, Finger Eleven, Vertical Horizon, and the skeleton of whatever is left of Fuel.  It's in the massively large amphitheater, Glen Helen Amphitheater, in San Bernardino.  It is a venue that I have yet to go to a concert for, but it's so far away to drive.  I shudder to think what the parking would look like there if this venue holds at least 30k people and up to 60k people.

I just need Myles Kennedy to announce a solo show somewhere in the Pacific West Coast and maybe, just maybe, I can cope with Alter Bridge not doing shows in 2024.

On another note, Primus/A Perfect Circle/Puscifer is extending their tour to cover some parts of the Northeast if people are intrigued about it.

https://loudwire.com/rock-metal-tours-announced-oct-28-nov-2-2023/

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2023, 06:02:09 PM »
updated:
Kashmir (Zep tribute) 1/12 Keswick Theater, PA
Extreme 1/24 Bergan PAC, NJ
The Genesis Show 1/27 Keswick, PA
Haken 3/3 The Vogel, NJ
Ace Frehley / Angel 4/13 Carteret PAC, NJ
Creed 8/7 PNC, NJ
Iron Maiden 11/1 Wells Fargo, PA

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2023, 08:31:06 PM »
Added The Ocean to my list for '24, Feb 28th at the Great American Music Hall. Props to whoever sent them to me in my roulette for turning me on to them. :tup

You're in for a treat, The Ocean is insane live. I saw them open for Leprous and went from having never heard of them to being a big fan in the span of 40 minutes. I was excited to see that they're touring next year, but their FL date is while I'll be at sea for CttE.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2023, 04:44:18 PM »
Caligula's Horse added...holy fuck is February lining up to be a beast of a month.

Tour announcements are starting to drop, might as well make this official...

Feb 11- Haken, Los Angeles
Feb 21- Caligula's Horse, Cornerstone, Berkeley
Feb 28- The Ocean- Great American Music Hall, SF
Sep 4-7- Amorphis, Lovebites, Damian Wilson et al, Prog Power USA, Center Theater, Atlanta

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2023, 08:22:56 AM »
Yeah, for once, February is looking like a hot concert month for me too.  Here's my current running for 2024:

January 18th - Umphrey’s McGee @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
January 24th - Extreme & Living Colour @ Bergen PAC, Englewood NJ
January 26th - Beartooth @ Palladium Times Square, New York City NY
February 2nd - Mr. Big @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
February 3rd - Caligulas Horse @ Gramercy Theater, New York City NY
February 10th - Static X, Sevendust & Dope @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
February 15th - John 5 @ Gramercy Theater, New York City NY
February 20th - Toto @ Count Basie Theater, Red Bank NJ
March 3rd - Haken @ The Vogel, Red Bank NJ
March 22nd - Fall Out Boy, Jimmy Eats World, The Maine @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
April 25th - Staind, Seether, The Struts, Dayseeker, Ayron Jones @ Prudential Center, Newark NJ
April 30th - Queensryche & Armored Saint @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
July 3rd - Alannis Morrisette & Joan Jett @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 26th - AJR @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
August 7th - Creed & 3 Doors Down @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 4th - ProgPower Day 1 @ @ Center Stage, Atlanta GA
September 5th - ProgPower Day 2 @ @ Center Stage, Atlanta GA
September 6th - ProgPower Day 3 @ @ Center Stage, Atlanta GA
September 7th - ProgPower Day 4 @ @ Center Stage, Atlanta GA
November 2nd - Iron Maiden @ Barclays Center, Brooklyn NY
November 9th - Iron Maiden @ Prudential Center, Newark NJ

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2023, 08:56:30 AM »
PANTERA: Heavy Metal Icons Announce Second Leg Of North American Celebration Tour With Special Guest Lamb Of God
https://lotsofmuzik.com/pantera-heavy-metal-icons-announce-second-leg-of-north-american-celebration-tour-with-special-guest-lamb-of-god/

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2023, 09:05:29 AM »
Joe Satriani and Steve Vai- 4/28 La Vista, NE
Iron Maiden- 10/19 Denver, CO

Nice to see a Satch and Vai 10 minutes from my house!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2023, 09:07:27 AM »
PANTERA: Heavy Metal Icons Announce Second Leg Of North American Celebration Tour With Special Guest Lamb Of God
https://lotsofmuzik.com/pantera-heavy-metal-icons-announce-second-leg-of-north-american-celebration-tour-with-special-guest-lamb-of-god/

and just like that another date gets added to February  :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2023, 10:20:47 AM »
When We Were Young has their 2024 lineup up.  Apparently, a lot of bands are playing iconic albums in full if rumors are true.  There's no way these bands are playing albums in full in a one-day festival that's booked to the brim.

https://loudwire.com/when-we-were-young-2024-lineup-full-album-performances/

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2023, 10:28:54 AM »
When We Were Young has their 2024 lineup up.  Apparently, a lot of bands are playing iconic albums in full if rumors are true.  There's no way these bands are playing albums in full in a one-day festival that's booked to the brim.

https://loudwire.com/when-we-were-young-2024-lineup-full-album-performances/

The 2023 version of the festival just happened recently, I wasn't there, but all those bands played so I don't see why they can't pull it off next year.  Most pop punk albums are under 40 minutes so I'd bet they can play the full albums in their set times.  It's actually a really cool concept to do, I wonder if the average fans will like it or not though.  I feel like festivals might not be the best place for unique sets as the bands are usually reaching audiences outside their fan base so they are more inclined to play hits or their new music.  But then again, when a festival has every band in the genre performing each year, I guess you have to start getting creative to make the next year's festival interesting to keep the same people coming back.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2023, 11:21:18 AM »
I.
Must.
Go.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2023, 08:59:29 AM »
updated:
Kashmir (Zep tribute) 1/12 Keswick Theater, PA
Extreme 1/24 Bergan PAC, NJ
The Genesis Show 1/27 Keswick, PA
Haken 3/3 The Vogel, NJ
Ace Frehley / Angel 4/13 Carteret PAC, NJ
Queensryche 5/1 Keswick Theater, PA
Martin Barre Band (Tull classics) 5/5 Carteret PAC, NJ
Australian Pink Floyd 6/18 Count Basie, NJ
Sammy Hagar (w Satriani, Bonham & Anthony) / Loverboy 7/27 PNC, NJ
Creed 8/7 PNC, NJ
Iron Maiden 11/1 Wells Fargo, PA

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2023, 09:03:50 AM »
Sammy!!

Funny enough, just saw AJR do a pop up concert at Irving Plaza (1k club like GA venue) on Sunday and they announced they are playing arenas next summer, including Madison Square Garden.  Well, me over here thought, cool we'll go but that won't sell out... well it did, during presale and now they added a second show, the same day as Sammy in NJ  :lol Oh well, I'm likely choosing Sammy over that because I just saw AJR and Sammy's getting old

Alestorm just announced a US tour, but they aren't coming any closer than Toad's Place in CT which is damn tempting to see since I've never been there.  It's a Sunday in March though, not sure I'll pull that off.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2023, 11:26:25 AM »
Busy 2024 concert schedule so far.

Extreme/Living Colour
Armored Saint (headline one-off)
Queensryche/Armored Saint (2x)
Foo Fighters/Mammoth WVH/Pretenders
Billy Joel
Sammy Hagar-Michael Anthony-Joe Satriani-Jason Bonham (2x)

Still waiting for another leg for Iron Maiden, another leg from Judas Priest, and some others.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 01:03:39 PM by Samsara »