Author Topic: 2023 NFL Pick'em  (Read 3064 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
2023 NFL Pick'em
« on: August 28, 2023, 08:32:21 AM »
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

Group ID# 26115
Pasword: BartoRules

As always, it's nice when people's pick names are identifiable. Also, don't be the guy that abandons his pick set just because he forgets a week and blows his chances. We all hate that guy.

2009 ScurvyDreams
2010 Pogoowner
2011 El Barto
2012 jcmistat
2013 Kevshmev
2014 El Barto
2015 Rattlehead
2016 Cool Chris
2017 Rattlehead
2018 El Barto
2019 El Barto
2020 El Barto
2021 Destiny of Chaos
2022 Dublagent66
2023 Stadler!!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 10:43:48 AM by El Barto »
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: 2023 NFL Pick'em
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 08:41:17 AM »
In!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 08:41:42 AM »
Joined. Hopefully I don't forget to save my picks for multiple weeks like I did last time. Thanks for running it again.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 09:21:10 AM »
In, and ready to bring my mediocrity to the table!
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 11:52:28 AM »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 12:45:45 PM »
I’m excited to be in it until the last three weeks, at which point I will, as always, make some dumb picks and lose.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2023, 03:11:23 PM »
Also, don't be the guy that abandons his pick set just because he forgets a week and blows his chances. We all hate that guy.

Maybe a long day on my side, are you saying to just not abandon the game as the season goes on?

Also, can I verify that we cannot pick until 9/5?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2023, 08:39:43 PM »
2023 El Barto
Steady on lad.

Took me a couple years to figure it out, but he does that every year.  :)
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2023, 04:32:51 PM »
I never win, but I've never finished more than 8 games back at the end of the regular season, so I've been proud of my efforts.

Finally signed up and made my picks today.  Let the  >:( :censored begin!
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2023, 05:47:27 AM »
Also, don't be the guy that abandons his pick set just because he forgets a week and blows his chances. We all hate that guy.

Maybe a long day on my side, are you saying to just not abandon the game as the season goes on?

Yes.  EVERY YEAR there is someone that fails to get their picks in - usually around week five or six - and then abandons the picks for the rest of the year.   :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2023, 08:36:31 AM »
Picks made.  We'll see how it goes!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2023, 02:30:03 PM »

Yes.  EVERY YEAR there is someone that fails to get their picks in - usually around week five or six - and then abandons the picks for the rest of the year.   :)

Thank you :lol just wasn't sure (and I am equally as tired today)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2023, 02:48:25 PM »

You know what's funny? I post that every year and it never made any difference. Until recently, that is. The last two years it's seemed like people would miss a week here and a week there, but kept on participating out of courtesy, appreciated, but I found that it makes it impossible to tell who's screwed up along the way and who just sucks. I'm not sure it's any better than seeing a team just locked at 31pts.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2023, 09:26:17 PM »
I can't believe nobody took Det tonight. I'm certain a whole lot of us thought this was a very possible outcome, but none of us had the balls to actually bank on it.
E.F. Benson

Online faizoff

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2023, 09:31:20 PM »
Believe me I was very close to taking Detroit. With Kelce's status in doubt, I thought for sure the Lions would have the edge. Should've listened to my gut.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2023, 06:53:52 AM »
I can't believe nobody took Det tonight. I'm certain a whole lot of us thought this was a very possible outcome, but none of us had the balls to actually bank on it.

Yeah, I wasn't crying about the outcome, but I wasn't willing to risk being one game behind everyone else if it didn't come to fruition.  Not this early in the season.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 12:29:20 PM by Stadler »

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2023, 07:28:51 AM »
Almost switched with Kelce out. I will say, as a Bears fan, Detroit looks scary and I think they might be the team to beat in the division.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2023, 08:08:21 AM »
Almost switched with Kelce out. I will say, as a Bears fan, Detroit looks scary and I think they might be the team to beat in the division.
GB will be similarly improved. I flip-flopped a couple of times between Det and GB, before settling on the latter for the division. I've still got Det as a wildcard.
E.F. Benson

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2023, 02:21:17 PM »
I was going to mention that I was close to picking Det, but I went for the "easy" out with that pick.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2023, 08:41:07 PM »
Reminder to myself, and others: picks are due 5 minutes before game time. I got home, logged on knowing it wasn't game time yet, and was locked out of tonight's pick as it was within the 5 minute window.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2023, 01:56:54 PM »
I was dead last in week 1, then had the most wins in week 2 (along with Cool Chris), week 3 was also good for me.

Online faizoff

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2023, 03:00:24 PM »
Week 1 and 3 were just awful for me.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2023, 04:02:27 PM »
Week 1 and 3 were just awful for me.

Same. Just a mess right now.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2023, 02:50:52 PM »
Irksome. Switched from the Rams to the Colts with literally a minute to spare before the cut-off.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2023, 07:37:40 AM »
Irksome. Switched from the Rams to the Colts with literally a minute to spare before the cut-off.

I as a rule NEVER switch picks, but I came THISCLOSE to switching the Cleveland game, and then opted not to.   I think what bugs me is that of my losses, more than half weren't even close games.  Cincinnati? 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2023, 07:59:44 AM »

I as a rule NEVER switch picks, but I came THISCLOSE to switching the Cleveland game, and then opted not to.   I think what bugs me is that of my losses, more than half weren't even close games.  Cincinnati?
I don't know as I would have switched the Browns even had I known about Watson. In truth it was their D that made them the right pick, and I was never expecting DeShawn to be the second coming of Warren Moon. In truth, his absence probably is why they lost, though.
E.F. Benson

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2023, 08:58:02 PM »
Man, I'm on track for 14 pts this week. Wonder how quickly I'll blow this. I made those picks during last Sunday nights game and rolled with them.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2023, 06:59:50 AM »
I'm not blaming anyone but myself, I own it, but a little frustrated that the Yahoo app gives different information than the Yahoo desktop  interface.   I don't have a system per se, but I use the information there in order to inform my picks, and both the game last night and the Rams game on Sunday, my picks would have been different depending on what source I used.   Not saying I would have made the RIGHT pick, I'm just saying that you'd think the same source would have the same information.   Grrrrrr.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2023, 07:46:02 AM »
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I hate the fact that they arrange it by who's favored. I would prefer it just list the games in order and show who is home and who is away and leave it at that. That's one reason I have decided to make my picks on Sunday night. They don't seem to be oriented by who's favored at that point. I don't need something getting in my head. I need to go with my gut with no outside influence.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2023, 02:04:37 PM »
^Agreed. And sometimes I don't get why some teams are in the underdog column.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2023, 10:37:07 AM »
^
Sometimes I have about ten minutes to make my picks, and my subconscious mind reads the first team as the road team.

anyhoo....so far, I'm 1-7 on my Ravens and Lions picks.   :tdwn
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2023, 10:49:30 AM »
^
Sometimes I have about ten minutes to make my picks, and my subconscious mind reads the first team as the road team.

anyhoo....so far, I'm 1-7 on my Ravens and Lions picks.   :tdwn
It seems like every year there's a team or two that I just can't get a read on. For me it's been Cinci and Cle this year.
E.F. Benson

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2023, 02:48:49 PM »
Same, Barto. I hesitate every time I want to pick the Bengals.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2023, 03:49:03 PM »
Same, Barto. I hesitate every time I want to pick the Bengals.
Or pick against them. They're just unpredictable.
E.F. Benson