Author Topic: Ahsoka  (Read 7571 times)

Offline kaos2900

Re: Ahsoka
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2023, 03:59:30 PM »
If watched in a binge way the short time wouldn't matter.

Thought the space battle was pretty awesome.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2023, 07:59:35 PM »
Well, Marrok appears to have been a nothingburger. Glad I watched Rebels otherwise the end of the episode would have been completely lost on me (where they are, is what I mean).

Looks like things get real next week.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 08:13:43 PM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2023, 08:13:58 PM »
As someone who didn't watch all of rebels, it was lost on me lol... Is she supposedly dead?

Curious to see how they write their way out of this.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2023, 08:29:03 PM »
As someone who didn't watch all of rebels, it was lost on me lol... Is she supposedly dead?

To put it as simply as I can, it is a Jedi time portal. Ezra found the portal in the Lothal Jedi Temple. He slipped into the World Between Worlds and found where Ahsoka was about to be killed by Vader in Season 2 and pulled her in thereby saving her life. She was providing cover for Ezra and Kanan at the time. Ezra then tried to go and save Kanan from his death but Ahsoka stopped him because the rest of the Rebels would have been killed if not for his sacrifice.

I think that about covers it. (I don't think she is dead, but I think Anakin is a Force Ghost)
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2023, 08:45:58 PM »

To put it as simply as I can, it is a Jedi time portal.

Here's Dave Filoni describing the 'World Between Worlds'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbSLauUibsk

where Ahsoka was about to be killed by Vader in Season 2 and pulled her in thereby saving her life.

ehh....the bolded isn't exactly accurate. She wasn't about to be killed by Vadar.....the temple was falling in on itself and she sabered the floor to take them both out.  Ezra grabber her yes....pulled her out and most likely saved her from having to defend another saber swing from him....but, Anyway....just wanted to clarify that at that point she was ready to sacrifice them both rather than continue to battle.

RJ...you REALLY have to get Rebels knocked out. Here is the battle between Ahsoka and Vadar in the Temple....although....I'd just suggest getting to it and hammering out Rebels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU9JRYzUBBg&t=137s

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2023, 08:46:54 PM »
I'm actually watching the Rebels episode now... I was one away on my reccomended list lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2023, 08:52:37 PM »
As for the episdoe:

Well, Marrok appears to have been a nothingburger.

Had a hunch that was his last appearance once he and Ahsoka were going to battle again. She let him go their first encounter as she was probably trying to capture him to interrogate. You could see it immediately that she had enough....it was cool to see that it was more Night Sister magic....wasn't even a real being.

That fight scene with Baylan was pretty cool....really well done....just a couple pro's going about their business. I like the subtle 'hit' to Ahsoka's power or whatever of the Night Sister magic protecting the map leading to Baylan getting the upper hand. Ahsoka rarely gets bested so at least it was under a handicap situation. For a moment with the episode title of 'Fallen Jedi' I thought that she was going to kill him right there but I think it's best it didn't happen there.

Great to see Sabine with a little force 'slap' to Shin....so she DOES have the ability to wield it.

Looks like things get real next week.

Filoni directed next weeks episode so I'm sure it'll be a doozy....can't wait!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2023, 08:53:09 PM »
I'm actually watching the Rebels episode now... I was one away on my reccomended list lol

Cannot wait to hear your thoughts on it....

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2023, 09:05:28 PM »
Definitely a lot to take in... If I'm not mistaken Ahsoka will use the world between worlds to travel to where Ezra is?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2023, 09:09:28 PM »
Definitely a lot to take in... If I'm not mistaken Ahsoka will use the world between worlds to travel to where Ezra is?

According to Filoni's description it can't or shouldn't be used like that. It's just a collection place of all things so to speak. Not a time travel or way to travel plane of existence.

If I had to guess....she will probably commune with one of the Purgill like Ezra did and gain transport that way....have one latch on the the Ghost (Hera's ship) and 'jump' to that Galaxy.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2023, 09:17:23 PM »
What's cool now also is that I think we've now seen all the footage that was used for promoting the show...so...everything will be new. Well, almost all...there is that backshot of Thrawn walking onto the bridge of the Eye of Sion...would assume that'll be in the next episode.

But all the battles and light saber...shooting...etc etc seem to have been aired now already.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2023, 06:19:21 AM »
Finally caught up on this last night. I disagree with Filoni that this show should be able to stand alone without having seen Rebels. I can see how it would be confusing for people who hadn't seen that show before, or at least watched a summary. I kinda wish Lucasfilm had put together a 30 minutes "here's what you need to know" type of summary with clips from TCW and Rebels rather than needing to relay on random youtube videos.

All that said, I'm not understanding the criticism of this show. I am enjoying it quite a bit so far.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2023, 07:11:04 AM »
Yeah…..the show up to this point has been great. And, I agree that while they did attempt to catch folks up with the first two episodes….if you haven’t watched Rebels you’re not getting the full experience of this show. Especially considering RJ was even like WTF when Ahsoka woke up in the World Between Worlds. Guarantee there were a bunch of confused folks last night after watching that.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2023, 07:26:47 AM »
Yeah…..the show up to this point has been great. And, I agree that while they did attempt to catch folks up with the first two episodes….if you haven’t watched Rebels you’re not getting the full experience of this show. Especially considering RJ was even like WTF when Ahsoka woke up in the World Between Worlds. Guarantee there were a bunch of confused folks last night after watching that.
I don't have a huge problem with how Ep 4 ended. It'll get explained next week. It was a cliffhanger on purpose. If I hadn't watched Rebels, I'd be like "Who the hell is this Ezra person they keep talking about? And why should we be so scared of this Thrawn guy?"

Offline faizoff

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2023, 07:39:09 AM »
I'm liking the show so far. I haven't really felt the need to know more about the backstory or whatever setups are needed prior. I will watch the show as its own self contained series and supplement additional context once the season is over. I'll probably bow out of this thread until the season is done.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2023, 09:14:05 AM »
I was completely enthralled by this week's episode.  Forgot to watch it last night, but luckily avoided any spoiler. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2023, 09:46:28 AM »
I don't have a huge problem with how Ep 4 ended. It'll get explained next week. It was a cliffhanger on purpose. If I hadn't watched Rebels, I'd be like "Who the hell is this Ezra person they keep talking about? And why should we be so scared of this Thrawn guy?"

Great minds!

This is what I posted after the first episode:

Glad I caught up on everything. I would have been like, who the heck is Thrawn, who the heck is Ezra, why do we care?

Personally, I would have been less enthralled with this show had I not known the whole backstory.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2023, 12:20:09 PM »
I don't have a huge problem with how Ep 4 ended. It'll get explained next week.

Fingers crossed for a Morai cameo/appearance. Haven’t seen her yet and she’s usually in the vicinity of Ahsoka when ‘big’ things happen.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2023, 04:55:43 PM »
I can't at all get onboard that this show has been great so far, it has been extremely underwhelming and way too serious and morose. However, episode 4 was a step in the right direction and by the end of the series, who knows they may actually nail it. I enjoyed the latest episode.

One thing I will give this show is that the music has been amazing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2023, 06:32:51 PM »
Just did a rewatch of a few scenes from last episode and when Morgan activates the map again with Baylan by her side he remarks ‘witchcraft’ with a pretty clear disdain for it. That, along with a lot of his dialogue along with the ‘orange’ saber rather than blood red would suggest he’s not a cut and dried villain. Looking forward to how that unfolds

Love his fighting style as well. It’s a shame Ray Stevenson passed away, Ali though I’d imagine Baylan will be killed this season.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2023, 07:13:12 PM »
Just did a rewatch of a few scenes from last episode and when Morgan activates the map again with Baylan by her side he remarks ‘witchcraft’ with a pretty clear disdain for it. That, along with a lot of his dialogue along with the ‘orange’ saber rather than blood red would suggest he’s not a cut and dried villain. Looking forward to how that unfolds

Love his fighting style as well. It’s a shame Ray Stevenson passed away, Ali though I’d imagine Baylan will be killed this season.
I'm enjoying his character a lot. Hopefully we'll learn more about him and his past. It is indeed a shame he passed away, but I agree he's likely to be killed off.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2023, 10:02:26 PM »
Patiently waiting for Zeb to show up...

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2023, 10:16:13 PM »
Patiently waiting for Zeb to show up...

You’d think that if Hera and Co. find a way to make that jump to the other galaxy he would be on that ship as well.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2023, 01:43:25 AM »
I'm enjoying the show, but I'm not sure I like Ahsoka the character much - dunno whether it's Dawson's performance or how they've written the character (or both) but all she seems to do is cross her arms and look/act bored.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2023, 04:34:39 AM »
I'm enjoying the show, but I'm not sure I like Ahsoka the character much - dunno whether it's Dawson's performance or how they've written the character (or both) but all she seems to do is cross her arms and look/act bored.

It's not Dawson. She's great, given enough room to use her skills. Witness the closing moments of episode four when she's allowed to be expressive.

I'm guessing they were going for the strong silent warrior who stoically carries her battle scars, both internal and external, without notice. Probably in an attempt to offset her childhood where she was a hyper, thrill-seeking, irresponsible, arrogant, boor with a piercing whiny voice and an irritating giggle. Anyway, I've probably said too much, and I'm a bit grumpy this morning...yeah, yeah, I know that's nothing new

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2023, 06:50:36 AM »
I have to agree.  When I first "met" Ahsoka in The Mandalorian, she seemed pretty cool, and obviously very strong with The Force.  Her encounter with Morgan in that show was great.  Since then, I've watched some clips of younger Ahsoka as Anakin's padawan, and she was this crazy, expressive kid, so it was cool to see her as a more refined adult, obviously much more in control of her feelings and impulses.

But after four episodes it's getting to where that's all she is.  Calm, soft-spoken, and... kinda boring really.  I think we finally saw her crack a smile this last episode.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2023, 07:23:47 AM »
Those are Ahsokas mannerisms though. The crossing of arms is something she did a thousand times…..it’s like Kenobi stroking his beard.

She’s also a lot older, wiser, stronger etc etc so she wouldn’t be as flamboyant with her presentation as she was two decades ago. We’re just seeing the progression of her character…..In every one of the saber battles she’s been in she’s been in control and ‘superior’ to her opponent, with Baylan only gaining the upper hand due to her being weakened by that night sister magic.

I think the shows captured the animated characters pretty well…..as well as you can going from ink to live action.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2023, 08:30:49 AM »
I can see the complaints about Disney. They are...pushing... when they don't need to. Star Wars, to George Lucas' credit, has always been diverse in terms of leading women and incorporating people of color. My feeling is that Disney is going a bit overboard. However, being a White man, I really can't say much. I'm also a father to a young woman who is now seeing more and more girls in leading roles. So my "odd" feeling really is probably what most women and people of color felt for years, when everything was lily white and men were the primary characters. Everything has been catered to me for as long as I've been alive. But like Kenobi, I feel like Disney (or whoever is pressing the person in charge of casting) is pushing way too hard. Star Wars didn't need a push. It has always been open for everyone.

As for the story itself, loving it so far. As I said earlier, I view these as chapters in a book, and now we're headed toward the pinnacle of the drama. Ahsoka is now a middle aged, very wise and matured Jedi-trained warrior. She's stoic because she's developed, to a degree, the patience necessary to see the bigger picture. I think it makes a lot of sense. I mean, I'm waiting for her to be called "Snips" by someone pretty soon (just being a little vague in case people haven't seen the latest episode), and I am sure that will happen for comedic value, and she'll laugh. But she's become wise, and is trying to be a mentor. No issues at all here.

I also think Sabine's...choice...is in line with her character from Rebels. Sabine is NOT very wise yet, impulsive, and being driven by emotion, which causes problems (again, being vague). But it sets up a nice next episode for sure.

My wife told me next week's episode is being screened at various movie theaters, and given where we left off, my guess is, the episode will be closer to an hour, and some...returns of major Rebels characters will be in it. Should be epic.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2023, 09:22:49 AM »
As for the story itself, loving it so far. As I said earlier, I view these as chapters in a book, and now we're headed toward the pinnacle of the drama. Ahsoka is now a middle aged, very wise and matured Jedi-trained warrior. She's stoic because she's developed, to a degree, the patience necessary to see the bigger picture. I think it makes a lot of sense. I mean, I'm waiting for her to be called "Snips" by someone pretty soon (just being a little vague in case people haven't seen the latest episode), and I am sure that will happen for comedic value, and she'll laugh. But she's become wise, and is trying to be a mentor. No issues at all here.

I also think Sabine's...choice...is in line with her character from Rebels. Sabine is NOT very wise yet, impulsive, and being driven by emotion, which causes problems (again, being vague). But it sets up a nice next episode for sure.

My wife told me next week's episode is being screened at various movie theaters, and given where we left off, my guess is, the episode will be closer to an hour, and some...returns of major Rebels characters will be in it. Should be epic.

As for the bolded....she WAS. That is what Anakin said to her first that was muffled and distant.

And, you're dead on about Sabine. She was never going to destroy that Map knowing that was their chance to get to Ezra.....and Ahsoka new it too. They've pretty much nailed Sabine's demeanor and character so far in the show from what it was in the animated series. The only thing I thought was off was how many times she missed Shin when shooting her guns at her....she's always been a crack shot. But I think that was to point to Shin's ability to evade more than Sabine's lack of aim.

Outside of my frustration with that short Episode 3....I'm totally on board and happy with how the show is progressing and how the characters are being handled. Even my initial uneasiness with Hara's casting decision has been relieved by how she's been portrayed. Been good.....

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2023, 10:21:00 AM »
Didn't realize he said that already. I didn't make that out. Cool.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2023, 10:23:31 AM »

I didn't hear it on the initial watch.....I rewatched last night and cranked the volume and it's definitely said......it was cool seeing her reaction to it..

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2023, 10:32:43 AM »
Yeah, I heard it on the first go around.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2023, 10:41:13 AM »

I didn't hear it on the initial watch.....I rewatched last night and cranked the volume and it's definitely said......it was cool seeing her reaction to it..

Watching with the subtitles really helps point things out that might be difficult to hear due to the audio mix. It's always been on for me when watching streaming TV shows, as it also helps with background voices.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2023, 11:55:28 AM »
something interesting as well is that the episode closed with Darth Vadar's theme music....and....it's been heavily rumored that there was a fight filmed between Ahsoka and Anakin/Vadar. Just read/saw as well that a snapshot of the lightsaber hilt that Anakin was wearing was his Vadar hilt and not his Clone Wars era hilt....so....Tuesday can't get here fast enough.  :lol

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2023, 01:02:24 PM »
something interesting as well is that the episode closed with Darth Vadar's theme music....and....it's been heavily rumored that there was a fight filmed between Ahsoka and Anakin/Vadar. Just read/saw as well that a snapshot of the lightsaber hilt that Anakin was wearing was his Vadar hilt and not his Clone Wars era hilt....so....Tuesday can't get here fast enough.  :lol
I suspect next week's episode is going to be epic, hence the limited theatrical release. Unfortunately I'm going to be travelling and won't be able to watch until Sunday at the earliest. I will be doing my best to avoid spoilers.