• DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Ahsoka
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2023, 06:58:37 PM »
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline The Realm

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2023, 07:13:52 PM »
Don't want to be a party pooper but I thought it was really bland and boring. Very disappointing. It was just extremely slow moving and had nothing of the pace and energy of the Rebels tv series. Also since the second episode basically ended at the same point as the Rebels season 4 epilogue, couldn't the Ahsoka show just continued from that point? These 2 episodes felt really unnecessary. I really hope it picks ups and I'll keep the faith it does.

Overall I found it hard to believe the same creative team who brought us Rebels are also behind this show, they feel like polar opposites at the moment. The characters are all so morose and nothing like their cartoon counterparts.

Those two episodes were necessary for the folks who haven’t watched any of TCWs or Rebels. Which is a large part of the audience.

I get it and share ‘some’ of the sentiment. But even with having to wait through the story being filled in for everyone it was still a fun watch.

Yeah, I guess that is true. I do think the potential is there so fingers crossed it starts to really find its feet in the next episode. I'm just afraid it is going to be all over before it really gets going as those 2 episodes were really just treading water.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2023, 07:55:36 PM »
I really enjoyed the first two episodes, great to see the Rebels gang in live action and there were some nice action sequences.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2023, 08:25:37 PM »

And Ryder! How awesome is it that the actor that voiced him is acting the part as well? I mean, again, it just brought it all home to me. I was giddy. The Loth-cats too! And Chopper...Chop is Chop, and he was his usual self, which...good on them for keeping him real.

Caught that immediately with Ryder. He even looked the part which was great. Clancy Brown is so versatile between his voice acting and live acting. Chopper looked right out of Rebels. I mean, dead on perfect.

Glad I caught up on everything. I would have been like, who the heck is Thrawn, who the heck is Ezra, why do we care? I'll agree it was slow and I agree with those of us that are familiar with the source material, it needed to be done.

I also picked up Rebels on Blu. Only thing missing is the final season of Clone Wars which I desperately want for those final 4 episodes.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline faizoff

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2023, 09:49:12 PM »
I enjoyed the first two episodes. I have seen like five episodes of Rebels first season but recognized some stuff here. I really like the aesthetics of the show. Good fights and that darthmaul like guy with the double boomerang light saber was kick ass.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2023, 10:18:43 PM »
that darthmaul like guy with the double boomerang light saber was kick ass.

He/she was an Inquisitor. They’re introduced in Rebels. They’re former Jedi that Vader kept alive and turned to the dark side to then hunt down any Jedi that survived order 66. I forgot how many there were in the show…..something like 9 or 10. They go by ‘5th Brother’ or ‘7th Sister’…..in Rebels Ashoka regularly kicks their butts so I was surprised to see them let that one get away. Although, she had won that little fight until he was rescued.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2023, 08:33:50 AM »
I have rehearsals Wednesday and Thursday nights, so I caught one episode each night with Mrs. Orbert.  We both found it pretty good.  We'd watched the Tales of the Jedi episodes, and she watched one or two Clone Wars episodes with me, and the 20-minute "all you need to know" recap, so we had a pretty good idea of who everyone was.  Still, it felt very much like you didn't necessarily need any of that.  Dave did it right, again.  Plus, this is still Star Wars.  If you can't tell who's a bad guy and who's a good guy from just observing them for five minutes (or less), you're just not paying attention.  And if there's a twist, even better.

No idea who Ezra is/was, but obviously he's someone who was part of their group back in the day.  Having watched The Mandalorian and Bob Fett, I'd seen Ahsoka fighting Morgan and asking her where General Thrawn is, so that was familiar.  It may have felt slow for folks who knew all the backstories, but for the more casual Star Wars fan such as myself, it felt just right.  Good stuff.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2023, 02:18:48 PM »
One very Anakin Skywalker influenced thing that was brief yet pretty telling was when Huyang asked Ahsoka about how she got the maps location from Morgan Elsbeth.....and she said "Let's just say I didn't follow standard Jedi protocol"

She was Anakin's padawan and Anakin routinely broke the rules when it came to interrogation.....he'd flat out torture and use that mind probe tactic that Kylo Ren implemented to the shagrin of Obi Wan....so, I'm betting she did something similar which was effective enough for her to know Morgan wasn't lying to her.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2023, 03:32:22 PM »
Seeing a lot of stories that people think the Inquisitor is Ezra. I highly doubt Filoni would be that stupid. He would crush the fandom with that.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2023, 04:09:30 PM »
Seeing a lot of stories that people think the Inquisitor is Ezra. I highly doubt Filoni would be that stupid. He would crush the fandom with that.

I don't think it's that far fetched. With the connection that Ezra and Maul had.....and the fact that Ezra had the power to remove and open a Sith Holocron and activate that Sith Temple.....and then commune with Maul AND utilize the dark side of the force there for a bit to 'win' missions.....it's not out of the realm of possibility that Thrawn could have convinced Ezra to tap into the dark side as Ezra has that 'dark side' tendency. Or, Ezra might have HAD to tap into the dark side to survive....kind of like Maul did.

It'd make for an interesting storyline and it'd be one that would most likely set up a S2 if that were to be the 'reveal' at the end of the season so to speak. But, that Sith's fighting style really didn't match Ezra's so I don't think that's the case. They've been pretty good about making sure Dawson is emulating the fighting style of animated Ahsoka...so I'd think they'd have done the same with that Sith.

I'm leaning towards the possibility of the Inquisitor being Barriss Offee. With her once being a close friend of Ahsoka AND being the one who framed her for the Temple assassination....that'd be a direction that would be more likely and interesting.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2023, 05:03:14 PM »
Yeah, saw the Barriss one today. When I finished Clone Wars I started with a rewatch of the framing of Ahsoka so that is fresh in my mind. That one makes sense.

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2023, 12:32:04 PM »
hey all,

just caught the premiere of the new tv show "ahsoka," and i gotta say, it was actually pretty good. the storyline got me hooked, and the production quality was on point. rosario dawson's portrayal of ahsoka was spot-on as well.

but i can't help but notice a trend that's been happening across shows lately. it seems like every new series has to feature a strong, physically capable woman as the lead. don't get me wrong, i'm all for strong characters regardless of gender, but it feels like it's becoming formulaic.

i'm a big star wars fan, but i've got to confess, i haven't seen the cartoons. yeah, i know, it's probably sacrilege for a star wars fan, but there it is.

now, as i was watching "ahsoka," i kept hearing about this character called admiral thrawn. i have no idea who that is. can someone give me the lowdown? i've heard the name thrown around (no pun intended), but i'm in the dark here. is thrawn from the cartoons?
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2023, 01:06:10 PM »
but i can't help but notice a trend that's been happening across shows lately. it seems like every new series has to feature a strong, physically capable woman as the lead. don't get me wrong, i'm all for strong characters regardless of gender, but it feels like it's becoming formulaic.

Well 'Rebels', which this series is essentially a 6th season of....was led by Kanan and Ezra for the bulk of the series. BUT....Hera, Sabine and for some parts Ahsoka were crucial elements. They ARE strong characters that have 'earned' that status (looking at you Rey)  Mandaloria had 'Mando' with some strong supporting actresses like Bo Katan (Katee Sackhoff)....but outside of that I dont see it.

But, I happen to agree with your stance when it comes to Rey....I personally thing she was 'forced' into a powerful position not by storytelling but by cultural influence...and the story suffered for it.

now, as i was watching "ahsoka," i kept hearing about this character called admiral thrawn. i have no idea who that is. can someone give me the lowdown? i've heard the name thrown around (no pun intended), but i'm in the dark here. is thrawn from the cartoons?

Thrawn makes Grand Moff Tarkin look like a first grader. He's more intelligent, cunning, physically intimidating, calculating and utterly vicious. He's a perfectly manicured psychopath. He emerges as the big bad guy of the Rebels series that nearly wipes out the rebellion.

Here is the final scene/battle when Ezra 'defeats' him and saves the rebellion. This should put some things in context for you as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w9SO_52nG4

And, the closing scene of Ahsoka Episdoe 2 was a live action version of the closing scene of the Rebels Animated show. Episode 1 and and all of Ep. 2 up to that point was a 'prequel' of sorts leading into the final Rebels scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4TriY2CT8g

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2023, 01:35:49 PM »

Well 'Rebels', which this series is essentially a 6th season of....was led by Kanan and Ezra for the bulk of the series. BUT....Hera, Sabine and for some parts Ahsoka were crucial elements. They ARE strong characters that have 'earned' that status (looking at you Rey)  Mandaloria had 'Mando' with some strong supporting actresses like Bo Katan (Katee Sackhoff)....but outside of that I dont see it.

But, I happen to agree with your stance when it comes to Rey....I personally thing she was 'forced' into a powerful position not by storytelling but by cultural influence...and the story suffered for it.

completely on the same page with you regarding female characters. they shouldn't just be innately powerful unless there's a solid story basis or some meaningful context, jj tried by making her part of a significant bloodline but it was too little too late. you're smart to bring up the rebels series and how the characters earned their strength over time. that's the way to do it. it always seemed too kiddie for me but maybe it's good after all. thanks for sharing your thoughts, it's refreshing to see someone who gets it.

Thrawn makes Grand Moff Tarkin look like a first grader. He's more intelligent, cunning, physically intimidating, calculating and utterly vicious. He's a perfectly manicured psychopath. He emerges as the big bad guy of the Rebels series that nearly wipes out the rebellion.

Here is the final scene/battle when Ezra 'defeats' him and saves the rebellion. This should put some things in context for you as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w9SO_52nG4

And, the closing scene of Ahsoka Episdoe 2 was a live action version of the closing scene of the Rebels Animated show. Episode 1 and and all of Ep. 2 up to that point was a 'prequel' of sorts leading into the final Rebels scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4TriY2CT8g

thanks for the context you've provided, and for the videos as well. i watched the scenes you linked, and i gotta say, the moment where ezra says "may the force be with you" really sent chills down my spine. it's great to see these connections and deeper layers within the star wars universe.

cheers!
i need to live life like some people never will, so find me kindness find me beauty find me truth

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2023, 01:51:58 PM »
it always seemed too kiddie for me but maybe it's good after all.

If you're a big fan of SW's I'd highly recommend both series. TCW's is a bit of a chore to get through but around the end of S2 beginning of S3 it starts to get going pretty good. I found the character development of Anakin and Obi Wan to be WAY better than what we get in the prequels. I've said it before in the SW thread but I don't really consider prequel/Christiansen Anakin to be 'Anakin'.  The fully fleshed out, more developed character in TCW's IS Anakin Skywalker....and I can say the same thing about Kenobi. Both characters are explored way more in depth. Plus, you get Ahsoka's full arc as well.

And Rebels is really good. S1 takes a bit to get going but it's pretty non stop after that.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2023, 07:51:13 PM »
Huge TCW and Rebels fan and an very pleased with the first two episodes.

I've also read most of the cannon novels and can easily recommend all of the Thrawn novels.

Can't wait till Tuesday!

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2023, 05:38:27 AM »
I watched the first two episodes. I might watch some more when the entire series is released... but probably not. Poor Rosario...

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2023, 08:21:50 AM »
I watched the first two episodes. I might watch some more when the entire series is released... but probably not. Poor Rosario...

Hmmm....respectfully disagree Gregg. The series still has a chance to lay an egg but given Filoni was forced to use at minimum the first episode....he used two....to get the casual SW fan up to speed I think both episodes were pretty well done. Sure, There's still a chance for the series to wet the bed moving forward but to judge it from two episodes of basically 'catch up' content is premature IMO

And yes, I consider any SW fan who hasn't watched ALL the cannon content to be a casual SW fan. Nothing wrong with that and it's not meant to be a shot across the bow...just my opinion.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2023, 11:09:30 AM »
I've watched all the animated series before. Let's just say I didn't get from it the same experience as many others here. So far, even less so from Ahsoka. I'll leave it at that, there's not much point in me spraying piss around a room full of Cheerios.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2023, 11:39:42 AM »
I've watched all the animated series before. Let's just say I didn't get from it the same experience as many others here. So far, even less so from Ahsoka. I'll leave it at that, there's not much point in me spraying piss around a room full of Cheerios.

:lol   Roger that......and I'm stealing that euphemism

Offline The Realm

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2023, 05:36:57 PM »

Hmmm....respectfully disagree Gregg. The series still has a chance to lay an egg but given Filoni was forced to use at minimum the first episode....he used two....to get the casual SW fan up to speed I think both episodes were pretty well done. Sure, There's still a chance for the series to wet the bed moving forward but to judge it from two episodes of basically 'catch up' content is premature IMO

And yes, I consider any SW fan who hasn't watched ALL the cannon content to be a casual SW fan. Nothing wrong with that and it's not meant to be a shot across the bow...just my opinion.

Still hoping it is going to be good.

But after spending a week listening to podcasts and reading reviews and talking to people. there are a number of intelligent movie and tv watching types who haven't seen TCW and Rebels and are saying they don't understand a thing that is happening in the show. So while it is easy to say the first 2 episodes are set up to introduce the characters to a new audience etc..well I'm not sure that has worked too well.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2023, 06:15:47 PM »

Still hoping it is going to be good.

But after spending a week listening to podcasts and reading reviews and talking to people. there are a number of intelligent movie and tv watching types who haven't seen TCW and Rebels and are saying they don't understand a thing that is happening in the show. So while it is easy to say the first 2 episodes are set up to introduce the characters to a new audience etc..well I'm not sure that has worked too well.

Well I mean, not really sure what to say to that? This is a show about an ancillary character that the SWs fan base grew to really like. Whose story continued on in a sequel cannon show (Rebels) that was highly regarded as well. I’ll stick to what I said earlier….I think most ‘die hard’ SWs fans have seen or read everything ‘cannon’ out there. There’s not a 100% happiness rate across the board with it all because these are SWs fans we’re taking about…..but in large part the fan base agrees about the importance of TCWs and Rebels to the over arching SWs story. Greggs watched them both and said he didn’t like them and is skeptical about Ahsoka….and I’m sure he’s not the only one and that’s fine. But to whine about the show full well knowing there is literally 200 plus hours of backstory to get where the series started that you’ve chose not to watch for whatever reason is aggravating. That’s a choice you’ve made that was made known would degrade the Ahsoka show experience. I’m sure Disney asked Filoni to give those viewers a cliff note version to try and catch them up, and he did….and now I suspect the show will thankfully move on. I thought he did a beautiful job in doing so.

Listen if folks don’t like the show they don’t like the show. But blaming their dislike of the show on the lack of knowledge on their part about the story that has taken place prior to the shows starting point is lazy. There was literally over two years from the announcement of this show to when it aired which allowed plenty of time to consume the content. I get why some folks didn’t or chose not to…..but to bitch about not understanding the show when it’s no fault but their own is silly.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2023, 07:39:36 PM »
Just caught Ep. 3. I simply detest short episodes. Have and will continue to bitch about it anytime one of these Disney plus shows are under 40 minutes. Not interested in excuses as to why it’s ok for them to be short…..all of these episodes across the board should be minimum 45 minutes.

Anyway…..as far as the episode goes it was relatively tame. Looks like it’ll tie into the over arching storyline but all in all not too much happened. But what can in 37 minutes. Some set up for Sabine to achieve force use and an understanding of the hyper ring.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2023, 09:35:38 PM »
Well that was beyond lame! Sorry but that 3rd episode was weaker than the first 2. I am shocked how this can involve the same creative team as Rebels...

Yes it was short and just started to get going (possibly) when it ended.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2023, 11:17:55 PM »
Well that was beyond lame! Sorry but that 3rd episode was weaker than the first 2. I am shocked how this can involve the same creative team as Rebels...

It was annoying. There should be no need for a ‘filler’ episode in an 8 episode season.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2023, 07:33:04 AM »

It was annoying. There should be no need for a ‘filler’ episode in an 8 episode season.

Agreed. It was just getting good when the credits ran.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2023, 08:57:38 AM »
If I may...

I view these "seasons" as one entire film, or a series of films. They are broken into "episodes," IMO, as part of enticing people to sign up for the Disney Plus. So, when I watch this stuff, I keep in mind that we're watching an entire film. Or, an analogy I like to say, is that these episodes are chapters in a book. Not every chapter is going to be a complete work. You need story building. Andor was done the same way. It works.

For those of you eager for action, I suggest...patience. This format is not a traditional TV episode format, even though they market it as such. It CAN be, but I suggest trying to remember that these "episodes" are chapters in a book, or just several scenes from an ongoing movie. It may help change your perspective.

It's one reason I disagree with releasing these episodes weekly. It is meant to be watched in-full. But Disney Plus has its marketing needs...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2023, 01:07:17 PM »
If I may...

I view these "seasons" as one entire film, or a series of films. They are broken into "episodes," IMO, as part of enticing people to sign up for the Disney Plus. So, when I watch this stuff, I keep in mind that we're watching an entire film. Or, an analogy I like to say, is that these episodes are chapters in a book. Not every chapter is going to be a complete work. You need story building. Andor was done the same way. It works.

For those of you eager for action, I suggest...patience. This format is not a traditional TV episode format, even though they market it as such. It CAN be, but I suggest trying to remember that these "episodes" are chapters in a book, or just several scenes from an ongoing movie. It may help change your perspective.

It's one reason I disagree with releasing these episodes weekly. It is meant to be watched in-full. But Disney Plus has its marketing needs...

I totally get it and understand this is building a story. I mean, they're setting up Sabine to break through with 'the force'....most likely at a crucial moment.....I'm all for the 'long play' when it comes to storyelling. I just thought that with this being a new series with a huge spotlight on it they'd have had a bit more 'spice' in a 37 minute episode.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2023, 03:45:55 PM »
Heck, I enjoyed it. Decent space battle, some progression in character, and some growth in the story, with some well placed humor but not too much, and it set up some long game goals. Not sure what some of you are looking for in Ep3 of an 8 episode series.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2023, 04:15:15 PM »
Heck, I enjoyed it. Decent space battle, some progression in character, and some growth in the story, with some well placed humor but not too much, and it set up some long game goals. Not sure what some of you are looking for in Ep3 of an 8 episode series.

What I do really like so far is the translation of characters from animation to live action. There isn't a 'fall off' or much if any variation of personality in any of them. I know a lot of focus has been put on Dawson as Ahsoka is the title character, and she's nailing all the mannerisms and everything about her....but.....Natasha Liu Bordizzo is doing just as well at capturing Sabine. It's been refreshing to see. And, despite my personal opinion of Disney missing the boat on the casting as far as the 'look' of Hera in the animated show.....Mary Elizabeth Winstead is doing the same with Hera's personality and mannerisms.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2023, 04:55:48 PM »

What I do really like so far is the translation of characters from animation to live action. There isn't a 'fall off' or much if any variation of personality in any of them. I know a lot of focus has been put on Dawson as Ahsoka is the title character, and she's nailing all the mannerisms and everything about her....but.....Natasha Liu Bordizzo is doing just as well at capturing Sabine. It's been refreshing to see. And, despite my personal opinion of Disney missing the boat on the casting as far as the 'look' of Hera in the animated show.....Mary Elizabeth Winstead is doing the same with Hera's personality and mannerisms.

It's funny, my only very small gripe so far is that I wish Dawson would be a bit more animated. She seems almost too stoic to be real. I know Jedis are supposed to be that way, but it seems to draw away. As I said, a very small gripe.

From the bits and pieces I've watched of Ahsoka's character from the three animated shows, they did an amazing job of allowing the character to growx from a snippy teen into a composed adult, very admirable writing for sure.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2023, 02:20:56 PM »
I'm now firmly in the "Disney has destroyed Star Wars" camp.

I just can't defend or understand what they're doing any more.

I'm sad.

Offline ProgMasterMind92

• he/him/his
  • barn owl cometh
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2023, 10:18:59 PM »
I'm now firmly in the "Disney has destroyed Star Wars" camp.

I just can't defend or understand what they're doing any more.

I'm sad.

i'm trying to enjoy the show but i'm finding i agree... seems bogged down by the "wokeness" of other recent projects... the main character is a female... her apprentice is a female... general person is a female... main villain at the moment is a female... the female sith apprentice is getting more screentime than her teacher that's a man... bet marock is going to be a female too... there's nothing i repeat NOTHING wrong with women in important roles but when they're filling almost every single slot you start to wonder who's really pulling the strings and what agenda they're trying to push? not to mention other than my man clancy brown (who's still made to look like a fool as seems obligatory these days...) every white man in the series is evil... from the sith guy to the shipyard guy to thrawn himself... makes me a little uncomfortable... :-\

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2023, 08:01:29 AM »
I'm still digging it.  Some chapters in a book are shorter than others.

Decent space battle, some progression in character, and some growth in the story, with some well placed humor but not too much, and it set up some long game goals. Not sure what some of you are looking for in Ep3 of an 8 episode series.

Exactly.  I got more story, and I like the story.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2023, 08:32:45 AM »
i'm trying to enjoy the show but i'm finding i agree... seems bogged down by the "wokeness" of other recent projects... the main character is a female... her apprentice is a female... general person is a female... main villain at the moment is a female... the female sith apprentice is getting more screentime than her teacher that's a man... bet marock is going to be a female too... there's nothing i repeat NOTHING wrong with women in important roles but when they're filling almost every single slot you start to wonder who's really pulling the strings and what agenda they're trying to push? not to mention other than my man clancy brown (who's still made to look like a fool as seems obligatory these days...) every white man in the series is evil... from the sith guy to the shipyard guy to thrawn himself... makes me a little uncomfortable... :-\

I've made the below comment before a page or so ago and stick by it. And Clancy Brown's character was pretty prominent for a season or two in Rebels....played a big role. They didn't even 'have' to have him in that episode but they did.

Again, I DO think Disney has bent the knee to the 'woke' crowd way too much and it's harmed a lot of their recent shows/movies. I just don't think this show is one of them.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 08:45:22 AM by gmillerdrake »