Author Topic: The BAND-MAID thread v.Po!!  (Read 4299 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: The BAND-MAID thread v.Po!!
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2023, 02:49:16 PM »
For anyone interested in seeing Band-Maid in Anaheim today, TickPick has tickets as low as $22.00 all GA, as of right now.  I suggest if you are on the fence, and in the OC or LA area, I say go ahead and nab it.  I pulled the trigger a little too early yesterday.  I could have saved $20.00 if I bought it today.  Could have used that money for parking.....  Nonetheless, I'm excited for this.

Interesting, the tix for Sac never dropped, seems more LA people were trying to make a buck off the success of their last tour.

No matter, they're gonna kick ass man...be sure to bring your BIG BIG VOICE PO!!! :biggrin:

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2023, 06:33:59 AM »
From the posts I'm seeing seems like Anaheim got one hell of a show. Setlist looks amazing.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2023, 09:49:18 AM »
Yeah, the show as pretty good.  Place was pretty packed.  I think when I got inside, the floor area was already 70% full and there was a long line behind me as well.  Was lucky to land a spot at the section near where the soundboard was.  2nd row behind the rail of that section.  Crowd was good.  No different than the crowd I was at for the Disturbed/Breaking Benjamin show last month, just with more people wearing Anime/Manga shirts and maid outfits.  Glad I attended this show and hope they come back to these parts again.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2023, 10:18:41 AM »
Nice, glad you enjoyed it. Band Maid fans are pretty unique, the glasses they put on during one of the breaks were given to them by the fans who raised the money in one of the groups. Each show usually has some unique event inspired by the fans, at Sacramento one guy brought a few hundred glowsticks to pass out and hold up during Daydreaming, Saiki was visibly moved by the gesture. They're a great group of people, and it was a blast hanging with them all day in line. I think their next tour I'll probably try to do a few shows.

Their next tour may be a spell though, they haven't touched Europe since before the pandemic, so that region is overdue, but they do love touring the states, so hopefully we get at least one tour next year.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2023, 07:48:39 PM »
There was a bonus documentary that came with their Tokyo Garden DVD, which followed them through their US tour last year. It's long, but it's a really good look at how tight these girls are with each other and their fans. Not sure how long the powers that be at BM will let it be up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmMdIuxIJeY

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2023, 09:31:07 PM »
I'll download it to watch later. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2023, 04:22:35 PM »
So reports are that on their recent run of shows leading up to the big Yokahama Arena show that culminates the 10th anniversary tour, they've randomly dropped 5 new songs, I'd fully expect an album announcement any time now.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2023, 09:49:55 AM »
BAND-MAID played their big 10th Anniversary show last night at the Yokohama Arena... early statistics are that they played a 33 song set that spanned over 3.5 hours.

It of course is slated to be released as a DVD next spring.

Seems they put on their formal outfits for the occasion...

« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 01:20:50 PM by lonestar »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2024, 09:12:35 AM »
They released an official video of Hate? from their 10th anniversary show at Yokohama, and the bass vs guitar battle here is just so fucking fire....

https://youtu.be/yfORoQIqB3E?si=17_jK_1_brvTTsyK