Author Topic: 2023 NCAA College Football-Hail to the Victors!!!  (Read 8331 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2023 NCAA College Football-Championship Week
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2023, 12:48:06 PM »
Only reason I won't be rooting for Iowa is because if they win, it takes away a NY6 bowl spot and means PSU likely misses out.  I don't really have any predictions.  A few potentially really good games though so hopefully they meet the expectations.  I also need Texas to beat Oklahoma State.  I think those are the two biggest rooting interests for me.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2023, 02:37:08 PM »
I also need Texas to beat Oklahoma State. 
What for?  Money on it?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2023, 02:44:54 PM »
I also need Texas to beat Oklahoma State. 
What for?  Money on it?

Same reason for Iowa not to win.  Oklahoma state right now has no business playing in a NY6 game with 3 losses, winning the Big 12 guarantees that and knocks another team, aka PSU, out as Texas would likely still get a bid with 11 wins and 2 losses.

Apparently the Peach Bowl commissioner has said some positive words about PSU playing there.  I think that would be awesome to play, all things considered, but they just might not eligible or desireable compared to the at larges depending on scenarios this weekend. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2023, 03:28:01 PM »
I hope you guys get the best thing you possibly could.  There are just a couple of programs I normally root against, under almost any circumstances, and two of them are Texas and Michigan lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2023, 06:09:58 PM »
Mrs. P and I are heading to Vegas on Thursday for the Oregon vs Washington game. The final PAC 12 Championship ever. I sure hope it’s a rip roarer! I expect there will be tears…
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2023, 07:06:32 PM »
Mrs. P and I are heading to Vegas on Thursday for the Oregon vs Washington game. The final PAC 12 Championship ever. I sure hope it’s a rip roarer! I expect there will be tears…

Oh fuck dude...that's so sweet. I think it's going to be an epic battle.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2023, 07:38:15 PM »
I haven’t decided if I’m gonna wear Utah Utes gear or if I should just go neutral. What do you think, Chef?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2023, 09:37:13 PM »
Do it. Don’t disappoint the Snow Dog.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2023, 11:03:51 PM »
People here in WA are sweating this UW-Oregon game; some are calling it the biggest game in UW history.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2023, 05:06:49 AM »
I haven’t decided if I’m gonna wear Utah Utes gear or if I should just go neutral. What do you think, Chef?

Represent man.. I wore my Cal stuff to the USC v Texas title game years ago.

Offline emtee

« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2023, 05:59:56 AM »
People here in WA are sweating this UW-Oregon game; some are calling it the biggest game in UW history.

Rightly so. At a neutral site, having watched both teams quite a bit, I give the edge to Oregon. Plus, when you have 2 equally matched teams, it's very hard to win twice. Should be a great game to watch.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2023, 06:02:40 AM »

Rightly so. At a neutral site, having watched both teams quite a bit, I give the edge to Oregon. Plus, when you have 2 equally matched teams, it's very hard to win twice. Should be a great game to watch.

Great take! I'm pulling for UW (primarily because I despise Duck fans), but I actually expect Oregon to win, despite being 9 point underdogs.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2023, 06:03:40 AM »
If Alabama beats Georgia, would either team make it to the playoffs.  I guess that is where strength of schedule will be the deciding factor for 1 loss teams.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2023, 06:10:13 AM »
Ok, funny story about wearing your own team's gear now that I'm on a proper keyboard. So I go to the Rose Bowl between Texas and USC (yes, the Matt Leinart/Vince Young game) with a few friends from Cal, one who used to play offensive line. He's 6'8", 300+, and studies MMA so is very athletic and not someone to be trifled with. We're all in Cal gear of course, and spent most of the pre game time chilling with an RV full of Texas fans who were an absolute delight to party with (I wasn't sober at this time), we even got them to yell "GO BEARS" at a group photo time. :lol

So my big friend Don and I take off to wonder the media area, and one USC fan obviously trying to garner some favor with us, sees our Cal stuff and goes "Oh hey...Go Bears!!" thinking that conference unity will overcome decades of USC schooling us on the feild. My very large companion immediately turns to the dude and screams "FUCK SC!!!!". The dude, after a moment of shock, just walked away  :lol

(my buddy was part of the great Bruce Snyder teams that took us to the Citrus bowl against Clemson, and who gave USC one of their worst losses in history, that team only lost to the UW team that was quite possibly one of the best ever and should've won the National Title, and to Stanfurd in a fluke)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2023, 08:50:26 AM »

I say wear it if you want to.  Neutral site game so why not. I'd question it going into someone elses stadium (maybe? I guess depends where really), but not in this case.  Should be a good game.

If Alabama beats Georgia, would either team make it to the playoffs.  I guess that is where strength of schedule will be the deciding factor for 1 loss teams.

Yeah, Bama and Georgia could definitely both get in.  I guess depends on how things play out.  The committee doesn't usually hurt the loser of these games too much.  I do think this would leave Ohio State with the best loss of the 1 losses, but it's tough, Bama would have the better win, so would potentially Oregon and then there's Texas who beat Bama, so how do you leave them out if they win?  We'll see how things play out.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2023, 12:42:43 PM »
That's awesome!

And hell yes, rep your team gear!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2023, 07:01:23 PM »
Go UW!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2023, 08:59:24 PM »
Last quarter of Pac 12 football is shaping up to be epic.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2023, 10:40:03 PM »
‘Twas an exciting game and I’m over the moon that the Ducks lost. The Oregon fans and the Washington fans were pretty shitty with each other to the point that I was starting to get worried that we were going to get caught in a hooligan brawl. My daughter actually went and got security to keep an eye our section midway through the fourth quarter. Very disappointing to see UW fans act that way…I expect it from Duckholes though.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2023, 07:58:49 AM »
Good game to end the Pac 12 era for sure...shame the fans sucked though.

Now let's see some juicy upsets today to really fuck shit up. I think GA is in no matter what. If Michigan loses, do they bump Ohio St in? And if Florida loses, that'll really open some doors.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2023, 09:33:11 AM »
Last quarter of Pac 12 football is shaping up to be epic.

Travelling, so I could only check updates every ten minutes.  Glad the Huskies won, especially after winning the regular season game.  I thought Oregon was good enough to run over UM and Ohio State, and go toe to toe with Georgia.   We'll finally get to find things like that out next year.

Pity about the hostility in the stands, though.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2023, 04:35:10 PM »
Bama looking to fuck shit up.

We'll thatmkaes a mess of things. If FSU and UM win, who takes the fourth spot?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 05:26:21 PM by lonestar »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2023, 06:21:40 AM »
It won't be fair, but FSU will get left out.  The committee always cares more about getting the best four teams; they don't care about "deserves."  And without their QB, FSU won't be viewed as a top 4 team.  Michigan, Washington and Texas all seem like no-brainers, and there is NO WAY the committee puts in FSU without their QB over Alabama.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2023, 09:50:51 AM »
FSU should be in, I guess it doesn't mean anything given the changes coming, but it would go against all their precedents not to include an undefeated P5 team even if the QB is out and their SOS is garbage.  I'd guess Texas gets that last spot.  P5 conference champ with a win over Bama. Would be incredible to have the last 4 team playoffs without SEC represented.  But lets be real, the SEC has only 1 good OOC win this year as a whole.  Bama shouldn't of even beaten Auburn last week.  With Georgia losing, I dont think the SEC has earned that right. Sadly, this has lead to a lot of predictions of Georgia playing PSU in the Peach Bowl which would be cool, but I'd expect a beat down from them.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2023, 10:33:58 AM »
FSU needs to fucking riot. Whatever shred of integrity the NCAA had left just flew out the window.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2023, 10:42:41 AM »
Welp, I was wrong. Seems so unfair.  Especially when you realize FSU scheduled and beat LSU and Florida, two typically very good SEC teams. SEC was not deserving nor earned it.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2023, 10:45:20 AM »
Yup. Heaven forbid the NCAA spit out the SEC cock even for a second. So fucking lame.

And as a now current ACC member, I feel even extra slighted..

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2023, 11:15:35 AM »
FSU left out, as expected.  What a joke college football is.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2023, 12:52:06 PM »
PSU gets Ole Miss in the Peach, good game IMO.  SEC vs Big 10, both with 2 losses (to top 10 teams) and both kind of unproven in terms of getting that big win which this game would cement.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2023, 12:54:26 PM »
And Oregon draws Liberty in the Fiesta bowl.... talk about zero fucking respect. Fuck this shit.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2023, 01:00:56 PM »
And Oregon draws Liberty in the Fiesta bowl.... talk about zero fucking respect. Fuck this shit.

No one wants to play them  :lol a game that does nothing for Oregon

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2023, 01:07:45 PM »

No one wants to play them  :lol a game that does nothing for Oregon

Their poor mascot is going to have a heart attack from all the pushups he'll be doing, especially if Nixx decides to make a statement.

God I hope UW wins it all, let the Pac 12 finish on top.

Offline emtee

« Reply #207 on: December 04, 2023, 05:58:21 AM »
A travesty occurred by the committee. They penalized perfection. I think it's a disgrace.

Michigan will have their hands full with Bama. A mobile quarterback is something they always have trouble defending. Should be an entertaining game but I see Bama winning it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2023, 06:04:29 AM »
Yep, you just know Alabama is going to beat Michigan now, which means the committee can act all high and mighty about having made the right decision when results like that do not prove or disprove how deserving teams were. 

Personally, I think it would be funny if a lot of the best players on Florida St., especially the ones NFL-bound, elected to not play in their bowl game, basically turning that game into a farce.  The school would still get the money from being in the bowl game, but it would be a middle finger to the committee.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: December 04, 2023, 09:35:02 AM »
I thoroughly expect players from NY6 bowl games who are NFL draft picks to not play, it is the way these days for any bowl game that is not the playoffs.  Another benefit of the playoff expansion, would hopefully be that players want to actually play those games. 

A travesty occurred by the committee. They penalized perfection. I think it's a disgrace.

Michigan will have their hands full with Bama. A mobile quarterback is something they always have trouble defending. Should be an entertaining game but I see Bama winning it.

The video of Michigan's reaction to playing Bama says it all.  As much as FSU earned and deserves to be there, it seemed like UM was hoping to pounce on that and now is not too happy with the results.  :lol  Totally agree though, the committee got it wrong and it's a disgrace to the sport.  Good riddance to the farce that the 4 team playoff has become.