Author Topic: The cat appreciation thread  (Read 49530 times)

Online crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP
  • Elf Queen in Waiting ✨
Re: The cat appreciation thread
« Reply #595 on: November 20, 2023, 09:52:00 PM »
Please send happy thoughts to my kitty. We found a lump on her belly and had it biopsied. I just found out his evening that it's cancer.

Thankfully we caught it early and the tumor is small. She'll have surgery in a few weeks.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 04:26:53 AM by crystalstars17 »
Nn o Chithaeglir lasto beth daer; Rimmo nn Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #596 on: November 21, 2023, 06:13:44 AM »
Please send happy thoughts to my kitty. We found a lump on her belly and had it biopsied. I just found out his evening that it's cancer.

Thankfully we caught it early and the tumor is small. She'll have surgery in a few weeks.

Aww man :( Glad you got it early. We recently had three lumps taken off my dog, and it left him in a lot of stitches. We made it about 12 hours with the cone before we had to switch to a donut.

We used something like this (below) and he seemed to like it much better. I imagine a cat will hate the cone equally 

https://amazon.com/MIDOG-Inflatable-Protective-Recovery-Touching/dp/B07V26H86M/ref=sr_1_16?crid=2PD7YSM3MEYH0&keywords=pet%2Bdonut&qid=1700572284&sprefix=pet%2Bdonut%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-16&th=1

Online Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #597 on: November 21, 2023, 06:26:20 AM »

Good luck to your beloved cat, absolutely, and I wish you all the strenght to keep a modicum of serenity because the weeks leading to surgery can drive a person mental.

Online crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP
  • Elf Queen in Waiting ✨
« Reply #598 on: November 21, 2023, 08:53:34 AM »
Aww man :( Glad you got it early.

Yeah, these things can be aggressive in cats. She's 10, so I'm worried about the anaesthesia and all kinds of things. She's my child and I feel like a worried mom.

Thanks for the donut suggestion, that seems a lot more comfortable than the old Cone of Shame.

Good luck to your beloved cat, absolutely, and I wish you all the strenght to keep a modicum of serenity because the weeks leading to surgery can drive a person mental.

Thank you. It's already been a year to remember (and not in a good way) and I have very little inner reserve with which to face this. When my friends have asked what they can do, I've told them please just help me keep my spirits up.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #599 on: December 19, 2023, 05:01:19 PM »
Bernard had a long day....

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #600 on: December 19, 2023, 05:12:17 PM »
Much love. I miss my kitties. My wife,  going through breast cancer asked for 2 new kitties. It's been 6 months since we put Sally down. 19 years of joy. 17 years for her brother,  Harry.

We need some love at home in this time of need. After the new year we will look for new love bugs.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #601 on: December 20, 2023, 12:01:34 PM »
Much love. I miss my kitties. My wife,  going through breast cancer asked for 2 new kitties. It's been 6 months since we put Sally down. 19 years of joy. 17 years for her brother,  Harry.

We need some love at home in this time of need. After the new year we will look for new love bugs.

That'll be good.  Nothing will replace Sally and Harry but if you are both ready, its time to make some new memories and bonds. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #602 on: December 20, 2023, 12:12:40 PM »
For sure, Marc.  We'll start looking in January.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #603 on: December 20, 2023, 12:13:07 PM »

You make it awful hard to rag on cats when you do this, you know.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #604 on: December 20, 2023, 12:14:18 PM »
Our house feels empty right now.  Can't help but type it out that way.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #605 on: December 20, 2023, 12:15:56 PM »

I know.  :heart :heart
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #606 on: December 20, 2023, 12:24:06 PM »

I can't imagine the feeling, but sadly know it will one day come.

My sister and her husband's dog passed away over a year ago and they still havent gotten over it to get a new dog even though they say they will.  Everyone handles it differently. Just got to do what feels right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #607 on: December 20, 2023, 02:38:46 PM »
Joe, I feel your pain. As you may know from the dog lover thread, we just got a new puppy to help our house feel more like home and I cant help but feel a cat would really round things out nicely. When I walked past Mrs. Ps computer this morning, I noticed she was on the Countys web site looking at rescue kittens. I just had to smile. We might be there soon as well!
I have always found it quaint, and rather touching, that there is a movement in the U.S. that thinks Americans are not yet selfish enough. Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #608 on: December 20, 2023, 03:46:06 PM »
Gregg.  Yeah definitely. Plus. I think kittens will help Lisa with getting through her treatments. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #609 on: December 20, 2023, 03:54:20 PM »
I have been a cat hater all my life. Never had any use for them. It was dogs all the way.

Few years ago my daughter starts begging for a cat after she had gotten a job and was more financially independent. I was not having it. She kept harping on it over and over until I finally gave in. The cat would stay in her room and she would handle everything.

First cat was a bust. Too feral the adoption center said. They referred her to another place that had a different cat. She got that one and she worked out. Then she decided she wanted another after volunteering at the first shelter. She would let the first cat out to roam while she broke in the new cat and slowly introduced them. I wasn't thrilled.

Well, the first (I guess technically second) cat, Jules, decided this was her house and made the new cat very aware of that. They could not be around each other as it would turn real nasty real quick.

Then, the strangest thing happened. Jules decided to adopt me. Follows me around the house like a dog. Answers back when I start talking to her or asking her questions. All with varying levels of speech. If I'm gone for more than an hour I practically take her head off as she is right inside the door waiting for me. She plays rough like a dog. She absolutely loves it. She's almost the embodiment of our old dog in cat form.

Anyway, my wife says I spoil the cat. She's way too obedient than I ever expected out of one. Still has her moments, but I hate to say it, but I love her.

This is her place during the winter months:

Snapped this the last time I was out for a few hours. The 'where were you look':

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #610 on: December 20, 2023, 04:15:04 PM »
Warms my heart.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #611 on: December 20, 2023, 05:25:41 PM »
Warms his loins.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #612 on: December 20, 2023, 06:06:46 PM »
Forgot to mention that my daughter moved out over the summer. Didn't even think of taking Jules with her. She took the other cat.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #613 on: December 20, 2023, 08:37:51 PM »
Ha ha, so now you have a cat.  Or actually, the cat has you.  That's how it works with cats.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #614 on: December 21, 2023, 08:30:43 AM »
That's a great story Professor, she's a cutie too

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #615 on: December 21, 2023, 12:21:46 PM »
I read somewhere that cats don't normally vocalize much, certainly not socially.  They don't walk around saying "Meow" to each other all the time.  Cats mostly vocalize because their humans talk to them, so they talk back.  Unless they want something from you, like food, then you can have some great conversations.  I try to make it interesting in case anyone's listening, even though it's usually just my wife.

Me: walks into the kitchen
Cat: Meow!
Me: I don't know, maybe
Me: You said that.  I said I--
Me: I don't know!
Me: Do you want me to ask her?  I'll ask her, but we're gonna--
Me: Okay.  (louder, to Mrs. Orbert)  Did you feed the cats?
Mrs: (from the living room)  Yes!  She's lying!
Me: (to the cat) No way, you heard her.
Me: Yeah, nice try.  You have food.
Me: Just stop.
Cat: (sadly, as I leave the kitchen) Meow.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #616 on: December 21, 2023, 12:34:37 PM »
That's literally me and Jules. She is a total chatterbox with such a wide array of how she vocalizes her meows. It's kind of fascinating. My favorite is the pathetic ones I get when I yell at her about something she did wrong.

I think I have had that exact conversation between me and the girls as well.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #617 on: December 25, 2023, 10:05:48 AM »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #618 on: December 25, 2023, 10:18:42 AM »
If you don't like cat hair, stay off the sofa

More like "stay out of this house". :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #619 on: December 25, 2023, 06:45:35 PM »
does anyone follow Mr. Kitters on Instagram or Threads?

https://www.instagram.com/mr.kitters.the.cat/
https://www.threads.net/@mr.kitters.the.cat

I can't get enough of these videos of seeing the life of a cat out and about, interacting with other cats in the neighborhood.
I suppose part of it is I miss my wife and I's late outdoor cat who was put down at 3 1/2 years old a couple of years ago after his Feline Lukemia took him.

edit:

btw, here's a pic of 1 of my and my wife's new cats, Kaja (who at times, photobombs my YouTube videos and while in live streams, lol)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 08:49:53 PM by SoundscapeMN »

Online crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP
  • Elf Queen in Waiting ✨
« Reply #620 on: December 27, 2023, 04:30:25 AM »
I think I have had that exact conversation between me and the girls as well.

Ah yes, a common conversation in cat households everywhere! 😁

This thread has definitely been a heartwarming read this morning.

My sweet girl got through her surgery two weeks ago and she's back to her old tricks and then some, including the aforementioned lying to Mommy (or Daddy) about whether she's already gotten food. 💕

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #621 on: January 02, 2024, 04:25:28 PM »
Trying not to be spammy, but figured this thread would be the best place to post. I've got a gofundme going for a stray cat that needs some major dental work. More of his story on the gofundme page for anyone interested. Any donations or shares would be appreciated! https://gofund.me/2a9768f5

I've also started social medias for my cats lol IG and Tiktok: MesaFeralFriends if anyone wants to see all my cats and cute photos/videos.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #622 on: January 11, 2024, 11:25:49 PM »
Trying not to be spammy, but figured this thread would be the best place to post. I've got a gofundme going for a stray cat that needs some major dental work. More of his story on the gofundme page for anyone interested. Any donations or shares would be appreciated! https://gofund.me/2a9768f5

I've also started social medias for my cats lol IG and Tiktok: MesaFeralFriends if anyone wants to see all my cats and cute photos/videos.

Donated!!

I love seeing all these beautiful DTFelines! We have four - Zeppelin, Floyd, Queen, and Zappa (also our dog Hendrix). Ill try to get some pictures uploaded later! :D
Listen to my various music projects:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #623 on: January 12, 2024, 11:14:12 AM »

Donated!!

I love seeing all these beautiful DTFelines! We have four - Zeppelin, Floyd, Queen, and Zappa (also our dog Hendrix). Ill try to get some pictures uploaded later! :D

Appreciate it! Smelly cat is doing better now, first week or so after having almost all his teeth removed was pretty rough. Now I think he's just bored locked up in a room all day. Hopefully his potential adopter is gonna work out!