Author Topic: Another Time, Another Place Tokyo  (Read 939 times)

Offline Bluefish

Another Time, Another Place Tokyo
« on: July 23, 2023, 07:11:16 PM »
I just saw this album posted on Dream Theater's YouTube Channel.  It's also available digitally on Amazon and was released by a company called Yellowvin.  Is/was this an official release?  Could it be an upcoming Lost Not Forgotten release?

Online HOF

Re: Another Time, Another Place Tokyo
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 07:52:59 PM »
See here (though you won’t really find an answer to your question there either!):

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=58456.0

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 10:11:01 AM »
Thanks.  I searched the board, but didn't see your thread.  I subsequently saw other "releases" on the band's YouTube page titled The Eternal Dance, Live in Holland 1999 and Dying to Live Forever which appear to be live radio broadcasts.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 10:20:59 AM by Bluefish »

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 01:12:52 PM »
These are not actually posted by Dream Theater.
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2023, 05:51:34 PM »
Even if it has the Dream Theater authentication check?

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2023, 02:45:11 PM »
I swear this one concert gets re-released unofficially every two years with a different name. None of them are official. It's not even a particularly good concert on the vocal side (James was still in the earliest post-traumatic phase of his injury, and it shows).

The Tokyo concert from later that year (26 or 28 October 1995, I can't remember which date) is actually vastly superior, but unfortunately also quite obscure. I hope it's a future LNF revamp of the corresponding official bootleg release, I would certainly buy it.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2023, 02:50:07 PM »
Even if it has the Dream Theater authentication check?

Those are auto-generated by YouTube.

If theres anything inportant i can relay messages
I think the only thing is it seems they have been releasing - and letting us know they are releasing - new records hand over fist for 18 months or however long, and then all of a sudden silence, which seems weird, so people want to know if it's over or are there more releases planned.

Meanwhile, @dreamtheaterofficial on YouTube has been posting new "releases" of audio bootlegs on their channel:
Dying To Live Forever 1993
The Eternal Dance 1993
Another Time, Another Place Tokyo 1995
Live In Holland '99

It would be neat to get these on physical media, that way they can be listened to without gaps in the tracks as YouTube does.

Hopefully the LNFA isn't over with, I was looking forward to "new" shows that weren't a part of the YJR releases.

-Marc.

Those "releases" annoy me because they're just bootlegs published by X label, but since they get posted under 'Dream Theater', those are automatically self-uploaded to Youtube and sometimes Spotify on their official accounts, making them seem "official" when they aren't.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2023, 03:53:03 PM »
Thanks.  I didn't know they did that.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2023, 04:12:57 PM »
I swear this one concert gets re-released unofficially every two years with a different name. None of them are official. It's not even a particularly good concert on the vocal side (James was still in the earliest post-traumatic phase of his injury, and it shows).

The Tokyo concert from later that year (26 or 28 October 1995, I can't remember which date) is actually vastly superior, but unfortunately also quite obscure. I hope it's a future LNF revamp of the corresponding official bootleg release, I would certainly buy it.

This is the one from October. It just has ACOS and some other tracks omitted.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?