Author Topic: NHL 2023-2024: Stanley Cup Finals. Edmonton Oilers vs Florida Panthers  (Read 36649 times)

Offline DTwwbwMP

Re: NHL 2023-2024: Conference Finals. Stars/Oilers and Rangers/Panthers
« Reply #1120 on: May 24, 2024, 11:50:02 PM »
OMG...just got home from game! Great game from start to finish. TOO MANY beers though. Have to refinance my mortgage tomorrow for sure! ;) LETS GO RANGERS! :hefdaddy

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1121 on: May 25, 2024, 05:28:22 AM »
NICE!  Congrats to your team putting on a game-winning performance.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1122 on: May 25, 2024, 09:09:20 AM »
OMG...just got home from game! Great game from start to finish. TOO MANY beers though. Have to refinance my mortgage tomorrow for sure! ;) LETS GO RANGERS! :hefdaddy

:lol   This is awesome!!!!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1123 on: May 25, 2024, 10:29:17 AM »

Must have been awesome, and it's like what 20 bucks for a beer at the Garden now? Those memories and moments can't be paid for though.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #1124 on: May 25, 2024, 11:16:57 AM »
Yes, absolutely. Between the pastrami sandwich, the 10 or so beers I had (wont do THAT again) and the ticket cost, I dropped a grand last night. It was worth EVERY PENNY! Have ticket for game 7 (if it gets there.....i think it will)! These 2 teams are SO EQUAL, there isn't even 1 thing that can separate them. These ARE the 2 best teams in the league and just a shame this isn't the finals! People we're chanting "we want the cup" on way out but not me! I want 3 more wins in this series before I even think about the cup. The only game I've EVER attended where I was more nervous than last night was game 7 of the devils series in 94! Hoping we can get at least 1 in Florida! LETS GO RANGERS!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1125 on: May 25, 2024, 12:50:34 PM »
Yes, absolutely. Between the pastrami sandwich, the 10 or so beers I had (wont do THAT again) and the ticket cost, I dropped a grand last night. It was worth EVERY PENNY! Have ticket for game 7 (if it gets there.....i think it will)! These 2 teams are SO EQUAL, there isn't even 1 thing that can separate them. These ARE the 2 best teams in the league and just a shame this isn't the finals! People we're chanting "we want the cup" on way out but not me! I want 3 more wins in this series before I even think about the cup. The only game I've EVER attended where I was more nervous than last night was game 7 of the devils series in 94! Hoping we can get at least 1 in Florida! LETS GO RANGERS!

:metal :metal :metal LGR

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1126 on: May 26, 2024, 04:33:26 PM »
You've heard of Florida Man? Well, here's Florida Woman!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1127 on: May 26, 2024, 04:40:53 PM »
Lol considering there was also the rangers fan last game caught on camera giving the double bird, seems fair game.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1128 on: May 26, 2024, 04:56:56 PM »
Lol considering there was also the rangers fan last game caught on camera giving the double bird, seems fair game.

Nice. I didn't watch the last game.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1129 on: May 26, 2024, 05:57:58 PM »
You've heard of Florida Man? Well, here's Florida Woman!

Isn't she supposed to be in the 'post yur piture v surfin bird' thread?

Either way, 'welcome to the forum'.   :D
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1130 on: May 27, 2024, 09:17:40 PM »
Stuart Skinner was not clutch this time around in Game 3 in net. It started off so well for the Oilers.  Two goals.  McDavid had two pts. I think.  Stars didn't have much shots on goal in the first and then everything went to hell in the 2nd.  Jason Robertson is back to scoring goals (helps that the center he normally plays with, Roope Hintz, is back in the line-up).  Still got a long way to go in this series, but man, McDavid gave this team a great start to put them in a position to win the game and they sure as hell blew it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1131 on: May 27, 2024, 09:27:31 PM »
Skinner didn't look all to good but this game was won by the Stars Coach. Yeah.....the players have to play and all that but the adjustments between first and second period and whatever the message was.....it was far better than what the Oil's coach had to offer. After that wave of energy to start the game the Oil really didn't do much. Even that game tying goal at the end of the second was more or less a blown play by Dallas rather than a great play by the Oil. That puck should have been cleared around the rim but the dude muffed the shot.

Anyway.....nothing like a good ol' fashion 'must win' game......and that's what the Oil are facing now. We will see if the playoff pressure gets to any of them (or the Stars)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1132 on: May 28, 2024, 06:48:41 AM »
Yeah... that GWG by Robertson was terrible.  Just poor form by Skinner in closing off the post. Clearly Robertson recognized it and just jammed it in up his skate blade and off Skinner's ass.  It's amazing that a team the played so well in the 1st can play so poorly in the 2nd (and vice-versa for Dallas)
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1133 on: May 28, 2024, 08:08:51 AM »
So I coach my son's Little League team. Got home from our ball game last night, and threw the hockey game on for the boy while I unpacked the gear from the jeep. It was 2-0. Things were looking great. I come inside 5 minutes later to the terrible news from my son that it was now 3-2 Dallas. Un-fucking-believable. I don't know what the record is for most blown leads in the playoffs, but the Oilers have got to be getting close.

As Gary mentioned, game 4 is gut check time. That last thing this team needs is to be down 3-1 heading back to Dallas.

Offline billboy73

« Reply #1134 on: May 28, 2024, 08:53:22 AM »
The 1st period to the 2nd period was like a complete 180.  Oilers didn't have a shot on goal till like 12 min in the 2nd.  Dallas getting Hintz back was definitely big. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1135 on: May 28, 2024, 08:59:05 PM »
Every team member on the Rangers should at minimum give Shesterkin a hand job…..dude has single handily kept the Rangers in the last three games and is the only reason NY is even in this game and leading the series. This game tonight should be 7-1 not going into OT

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1136 on: May 28, 2024, 11:04:04 PM »
Every team member on the Rangers should at minimum give Shesterkin a hand job…..dude has single handily kept the Rangers in the last three games and is the only reason NY is even in this game and leading the series. This game tonight should be 7-1 not going into OT

Yup.  Guy can't do it all, but he's put the whole team on his back. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1137 on: May 29, 2024, 04:52:26 AM »
The stat I heard in the 2nd intermission was that in the first 8:45 of gameplay in the 2nd period, the Panthers had 7:30 of offensive zone time.  Like, some teams don't even get that much O-zone time in an entire game.  Holy shit did NYR not deserve to be in that game.  I was bagged, and went to bed after the third - but apparently didn't miss much of anything, since the GWG was on the first shot of OT.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1138 on: May 29, 2024, 06:57:35 AM »
The stat I heard in the 2nd intermission was that in the first 8:45 of gameplay in the 2nd period, the Panthers had 7:30 of offensive zone time.  Like, some teams don't even get that much O-zone time in an entire game.  Holy shit did NYR not deserve to be in that game.  I was bagged, and went to bed after the third - but apparently didn't miss much of anything, since the GWG was on the first shot of OT.

I mean, I get your point so I'm not arguing with you, but I watched the third period and OT and it was great playoff hockey.  I hate it that they owned us in the playoffs two years running, but fair is fair: Paul Maurice has those guys firing on all cylinders and playing RELENTLESS hockey. They generate shots like Tootsie Rolls at a May Day parade.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1139 on: May 29, 2024, 11:14:20 AM »

3rd period was a good one, but OT was so quick, I went to the kitchen to fill my cup of water and it was over  :lol That second period was insane though, you are right, the Rangers had no business being in that game.  And really, they kind of had no business winning two games.  They've been out played and saved by Igor.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1140 on: May 29, 2024, 12:08:55 PM »
3rd period was a good one, but OT was so quick, I went to the kitchen to fill my cup of water and it was over  :lol That second period was insane though, you are right, the Rangers had no business being in that game.  And really, they kind of had no business winning two games.  They've been out played and saved by Igor.

It was a dumb penalty for Wheeler to take given how awesome Shesterkin was playing. There’s a high probability that he stops that breakaway on his own.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1141 on: May 30, 2024, 09:08:24 AM »
Other than the first 1/2 of period 1, that was a damn fine game by the Oil. 

Complete reversal of fortunes from Game 3 - within the 1st period no less.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1142 on: May 30, 2024, 10:28:30 AM »
Other than the first 1/2 of period 1, that was a damn fine game by the Oil. 

Complete reversal of fortunes from Game 3 - within the 1st period no less.

McDavid joked about that when asked about not getting the start they wanted in game 4. He said something along the lines of "well, we got the start we wanted in game 3, and it didn't exactly work out for us".

I only managed to catch the 2nd half of the 2nd period due to baseball/bedtime routine, but I got to see the 3rd and 4th goals. I'm just glad I didn't come out of putting my son to bed to find the Oil with an empty net trying to tie the game like I did on Monday night.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1143 on: May 31, 2024, 07:58:43 AM »
I've thought since early in the series that Rangers/Panthers seems destined for triple OT in Game 7, so the Rangers will obviously win tomorrow now, right?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1144 on: May 31, 2024, 08:42:57 AM »
I've thought since early in the series that Rangers/Panthers seems destined for triple OT in Game 7, so the Rangers will obviously win tomorrow now, right?

This is my only saving grace  :lol Losing last night was destiny!

Seriously, Rangers have the better goalie, thats it.  It's keeping this close, but Florida should win Saturday night.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1145 on: May 31, 2024, 09:31:22 AM »
This is my only saving grace  :lol Losing last night was destiny!

Seriously, Rangers have the better goalie, thats it.  It's keeping this close, but Florida should win Saturday night.

Yep. Shesterkin is the only reason this is even a series. Florida has by and large outplayed NY as a whole and is a better ‘team’……but hot goalies can win you a Cup

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1146 on: May 31, 2024, 10:27:18 AM »
Yep. Shesterkin is the only reason this is even a series. Florida has by and large outplayed NY as a whole and is a better ‘team’……but hot goalies can win you a Cup

I'm not seeing Igor playing significantly better than Bobs.  I'd say both goaltenders has been about the same ... but because the Panthers are playing better both offensively and defensively, they've got the edge so far.  I mean, over 95% of the series has been a tie or one-goal difference.

And holy shit are there a LOT of turnovers.  NYR moreso than the Panthers, but both teams could clean that up a bit.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1147 on: May 31, 2024, 11:03:48 AM »
I'm not seeing Igor playing significantly better than Bobs.  I'd say both goaltenders has been about the same ... but because the Panthers are playing better both offensively and defensively, they've got the edge so far. 

Yeah, just look at the shot difference.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1148 on: May 31, 2024, 09:07:34 PM »
Huge win for the Oil! PP finally came to life,  and the PK is rolling at an absurd 93% in these playoffs.  Hopefully they can close it out Sunday back home.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1149 on: May 31, 2024, 09:15:26 PM »
Dallas has had a complete collapse…… not to take away from the Oil playing well because that has a lot to do with it also. But Dallas was up 2 games to 1……with a 2-0 lead in game
4 and just vanished since.

Skinner made some huge saves tonight as well.

4th game is tough to win.  Gonna be a heck of a game 6. By

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1150 on: June 01, 2024, 04:23:36 AM »
Dallas has had a complete collapse…… not to take away from the Oil playing well because that has a lot to do with it also. But Dallas was up 2 games to 1……with a 2-0 lead in game
4 and just vanished since.

Skinner made some huge saves tonight as well.

4th game is tough to win.  Gonna be a heck of a game 6. By

Dallas has been inconsistent as hell.  The stat that was flashed up last night was that the most shots they've had in the first period this series was 7.  And only 10 shots on goal thru 2 periods last night.  And Ottinger hasn't been the stud he was against Colorado.  Can't really put any fault on him for any of the 3 goals last night, but as you said... Skinner made some huge saves, and was the better goalie for sure.

I really hope the Oil finish it off tomorrow night, because otherwise, DeBoer is money in Game 7s.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1151 on: June 01, 2024, 12:08:03 PM »
Dallas has been inconsistent as hell.  The stat that was flashed up last night was that the most shots they've had in the first period this series was 7.  And only 10 shots on goal thru 2 periods last night.  And Ottinger hasn't been the stud he was against Colorado.  Can't really put any fault on him for any of the 3 goals last night, but as you said... Skinner made some huge saves, and was the better goalie for sure.

I really hope the Oil finish it off tomorrow night, because otherwise, DeBoer is money in Game 7s.

My heart is bleeding bad - but I'll be OK.

Maybe

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1152 on: June 01, 2024, 05:26:34 PM »
I don't care who wins in the West, happy with either.

Not so in the East. Let's fucking go Panthers. Close it out tonight.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1153 on: June 01, 2024, 08:17:22 PM »
I don't care who wins in the West, happy with either.

Not so in the East. Let's fucking go Panthers. Close it out tonight.

Hooray for Bill and Nick agreeing on hockey.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1154 on: June 01, 2024, 08:51:00 PM »
Man, I'm sure Henrik Lundquist is looking at this game 6 and Shesterkin's performance in net and going, "Yep.  I've had some years with the Rangers when they are this deep in the playoffs and everything dries up scoring wise and I got little support defensively."  Shesterkin is going to command quite a pretty penny in the 2025 offseason if the Rangers don't re-sign him.

Panthers make it to the cup finals in back to back years.  Impressive.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 08:58:42 PM by Anguyen92 »