Author Topic: ATTN PITTSBURGH PEOPLE: VENUE CHANGE (show moved to Johnstown)  (Read 2240 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: ATTN PITTSBURGH PEOPLE: VENUE CHANGE (show moved to Johnstown)
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2023, 09:30:08 AM »
That's some high prices for the front section and not even platinum pricing, but honestly, since it's mostly sold (I'm guessing from the moved tickets) it's not really something I can complain too much about since they offer $40 tickets before fees.  I'm just so annoyed the cheapest get in price for NYC is $75 before fees.

Day of the show a seat in front of row F will probably go for $40 all in, and the seller will be happy to get it.   :lol

This is what I'm hoping, or similar for myself.  I'd gladly pay $40 for the last row which is actually fairly consistent to what I do for when they do play locally. 

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2023, 09:39:41 AM »
That's some high prices for the front section and not even platinum pricing, but honestly, since it's mostly sold (I'm guessing from the moved tickets) it's not really something I can complain too much about since they offer $40 tickets before fees.  I'm just so annoyed the cheapest get in price for NYC is $75 before fees.

Day of the show a seat in front of row F will probably go for $40 all in, and the seller will be happy to get it.   :lol

This is what I'm hoping, or similar for myself.  I'd gladly pay $40 for the last row which is actually fairly consistent to what I do for when they do play locally.

Are you talking about resellers getting 40 bucks?

And we shouldn't underestimate the number of seats that will be dropped back by people who are asking for refunds.  Anecdotally, a ton of people on various FB posts have said they'll need to get a refund b/c of the new logistics.

One person even added, "I asked to know my seats before I decide if I want a refund and I was told they are not reassigning seats until the refunds are given. 🤷🏻‍♀️ seems a little unfair…"

But these prices at the new distance can't be conducive to the show being any kind of success.  Problem is we can't ask for a refund and then buy the seats back at a lower cost since the refund window ends next Monday morning.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2023, 09:44:06 AM »

Are you talking about resellers getting 40 bucks?

And we shouldn't underestimate the number of seats that will be dropped back by people who are asking for refunds.  Anecdotally, a ton of people on various FB posts have said they'll need to get a refund b/c of the new logistics.

One person even added, "I asked to know my seats before I decide if I want a refund and I was told they are not reassigning seats until the refunds are given. 🤷🏻‍♀️ seems a little unfair…"

But these prices at the new distance can't be conducive to the show being any kind of success.  Problem is we can't ask for a refund and then buy the seats back at a lower cost since the refund window ends next Monday morning.

EB is talking about resellers for $40, but I see on livenation there are currently $40 tickets for that show (back of the floor) at face value.

As for not re-assigning seats first, that seems scummy but also a way to incentivize holding your ticket. I don't know, whole situation sucks for the people impacted.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2023, 10:15:33 AM »
There will be plenty of people who don't know what's going on and won't act in time to get a refund to a show they can't/won't attend. And people who just saw "venue change" and didn't really consider the logistics. And people who think they can do it anyway and then find that the 2 hour drive won't work for them. All of these people will gladly sell their tickets for whatever they can get once showtime comes. This has all the trappings of a monumental buyer's market, and real scalpers won't go near it.

It also has the trappings of a show that gets cancelled altogether for a lack of sales. Or, a show that winds up being pretty cool because it's so intimate. Where they might have been expecting 1500 people, they might wind up with 400. As I said, I'd cancel my ticket in a heartbeat, even if I still intended to go, simply because the reward is so much greater than the risk. That's just the way I do things, though. What I absolutely would not do is play ball. $200+ for tickets is fucking insane, and nobody involved should be rewarded for screwing people around like this.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2023, 10:40:19 AM »
My boss is in Pittsburgh; I'm sort of half debating doing what Bart is talking about and seeing if I can dip into the show last minute.  Why not?

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2023, 10:53:47 AM »
My boss is in Pittsburgh; I'm sort of half debating doing what Bart is talking about and seeing if I can dip into the show last minute.  Why not?

Because this isn't remotely Pittsburgh, lol.  It's 1.5 hours outside of the city, which is why so many people are just confuzzled by how everything played out.  The original show was 45 minutes out on the complete other side of the city.  They moved the "Pittsburgh" date 100 miles/2 hours in another direction, lol.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2023, 11:00:06 AM »

Because this isn't remotely Pittsburgh, lol.  It's 1.5 hours outside of the city, which is why so many people are just confuzzled by how everything played out.  The original show was 45 minutes out on the complete other side of the city.  They moved the "Pittsburgh" date 100 miles/2 hours in another direction, lol.
Not a knock on you, but there are people who don't mind a long drive after a show. I'm on your side here, don't get me wrong, but if I were in Pitt I'd probably be all over this for the reasons I laid out, and because circumstances in my case would likely allow for it. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2023, 11:04:40 AM »

Not a knock on you, but there are people who don't mind a long drive after a show. I'm on your side here, don't get me wrong, but if I were in Pitt I'd probably be all over this for the reasons I laid out, and because circumstances in my case would likely allow for it.

I mean, you're both right.  If I lived in Pitt, I'd be pissed, too, but like Bart said, I don't mind the drive, and I'd be sitting in a hotel room otherwise, so...   I'm in northern Connecticut, and I think nothing of driving to NYC to see a show (and I've done Philly a couple times as well).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2023, 11:09:46 AM »
I'd say 90 minutes is outside of my comfort zone for after concert drives.  I'd just grab a hotel room if my plan was to attend and it's possible that's actually worth it.  I've got no problem grabbing a room and driving off further from home to see a show if it's something worth seeing.  Did it last year for DT in CT and my Red Rocks trip is looking more and more likely that it won't happen now which means a road trip to CT for DT may be in the cards again this year.  Having said that, a road trip to Johnstown PA is not very attractive to me. Maybe if they went another 100 miles east and played in State College I'd go.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2023, 11:22:22 AM »
Until recently DT only ever played 3 hours away so a 3 hour post show drive was common place. Of course, I'm older now and have a disposable income getting a hotel happens more often.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2023, 11:51:50 AM »
I'd say 90 minutes is outside of my comfort zone for after concert drives.  I'd just grab a hotel room if my plan was to attend and it's possible that's actually worth it.  I've got no problem grabbing a room and driving off further from home to see a show if it's something worth seeing.  Did it last year for DT in CT and my Red Rocks trip is looking more and more likely that it won't happen now which means a road trip to CT for DT may be in the cards again this year.  Having said that, a road trip to Johnstown PA is not very attractive to me. Maybe if they went another 100 miles east and played in State College I'd go.
I've driven home after shows in Austin before, which is a bit over 3 hours, but your 90 minutes is about right at this point. I've got the money and/or the points to just get a room somewhere. For my 3 midwest shows next week I'll be looking to stay about 30 minutes outside of town, which is typically how I try to swing things. Far enough to not be in the city, but close enough so the drive will be pleasant.
E.F. Benson

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2023, 12:36:19 PM »
What are the chances that the ticket prices actually get lower (at least from resellers)?

I can't see the actual TM prices changing.  I saw it happen recently with Kreator here in town, but only for the "platinum/dynamic pricing" seats that weren't getting sold.  All of the DT tickets are plain ol' (highly prices) tickets.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2023, 12:39:18 PM »
What are the chances that the ticket prices actually get lower (at least from resellers)?

I can't see the actual TM prices changing.  I saw it happen recently with Kreator here in town, but only for the "platinum/dynamic pricing" seats that weren't getting sold.  All of the DT tickets are plain ol' (highly prices) tickets.
There are no guarantees, but I think it highly likely they go down. For non-sellouts they almost always do, and given the bizarre circumstances surrounding this one, I'd bet on it being quite dramatic. Read my post from 11:15.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2023, 12:49:44 PM »

It's possible TM lowers the prices, but if they do, it'll be through a discount code and not likely a full change of prices at face value.  Alanis Morissette is playing the local arena here soon and it's selling very poorly.  I got an email with a 25% off discount code (I didn't bite, it would need to be ~$20-30 to get me in the door). Sometimes they'll do buy one get one free offers too (I got a livenation code for the local Ville Valo show that didn't sell well for that as an example). 

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2023, 12:34:16 PM »
General onsale for the Johnstown show started earlier this morning, and so far there's essentially no change from what it looked like yesterday during pre-sale.

So even people who were out of the loop aren't really biting on tickets.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2023, 12:43:40 PM »
Was this how it looked originally as well before they decided to change locations?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2023, 12:58:18 PM »

It's possible TM lowers the prices, but if they do, it'll be through a discount code and not likely a full change of prices at face value.  Alanis Morissette is playing the local arena here soon and it's selling very poorly.  I got an email with a 25% off discount code (I didn't bite, it would need to be ~$20-30 to get me in the door). Sometimes they'll do buy one get one free offers too (I got a livenation code for the local Ville Valo show that didn't sell well for that as an example).

I went to compare the prices to the Arizona show I am attending.

The tickets are cheaper for the Johnstown show. Their are no platinum tickets either for Johnstown, they're all standard tickets. Arizona has the platinum tickets for the first 6 rows going from $149.50 - $378.50, the standard tickets cost $49.50 - $89.50. Johnstown has the first 7 rows and the first rows on the sides closest to the stage at $174.75 (the first row is completely sold), then it goes from $39.75 - $79.75.

If you ask me, those closer seats and paying a difference of $30 dollars more, especially since there are no "platinum" tickets listed is not bad at all. I would've paid that to be closer, but I was happy with my $89.50 seat that isn't too far and looks to be in line with the stage height.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2023, 01:11:01 PM »

The tickets are cheaper for the Johnstown show. Their are no platinum tickets either for Johnstown, they're all standard tickets. Arizona has the platinum tickets for the first 6 rows going from $149.50 - $378.50, the standard tickets cost $49.50 - $89.50. Johnstown has the first 7 rows and the first rows on the sides closest to the stage at $174.75 (the first row is completely sold), then it goes from $39.75 - $79.75.

If you ask me, those closer seats and paying a difference of $30 dollars more, especially since there are no "platinum" tickets listed is not bad at all. I would've paid that to be closer, but I was happy with my $89.50 seat that isn't too far and looks to be in line with the stage height.

Where in AZ, though?  Johnstown, PA is on the economically depressed side, and given its distance from Pittsburgh, people more local to Johnstown might react to the higher ticket prices the same as more affluent people might react to the higher AZ prices.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2023, 01:22:18 PM »

Where in AZ, though?  Johnstown, PA is on the economically depressed side, and given its distance from Pittsburgh, people more local to Johnstown might react to the higher ticket prices the same as more affluent people might react to the higher AZ prices.

I would think they'd be glad those people wouldn't have to be paying for a hotel, or for gas now that the show is closer to them.

Speaking of Issues with buying tickets. I decided to mess around with the Denver show and it is not letting me get to the ticket sales, it just remains on a loading screen. But, I can easily access the resale site AXS ticketing service uses. I am glad I chose to buy tickets when I did, and to go to Arizona rather than Denver, because if I had waited, I'd be dealing with this situation and would've ended up just to go to Arizona instead anway.  :lol

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2023, 03:09:08 PM »
I was able to get a refund on 1 of my 2 tickets since my friend no longer can go.

I also asked if they knew where my new seat would be, and...

Long story short, if you look at the new venue, in terms of side to side, my old seat essentially was Sec B floor, seat 7 or 8 (center of stage).  It's now Row C floor, seat 1 (past the outside of JR/JM).  That's not comparable, IMO. They moved me 20 seats to the outside.

Initial seating at the old place was 2 side to side sections on the floor.  Our seats were on the inside aisle of one of the sections, so even though that was at the extreme of the row (on the inside), I was pretty much stage center in terms of overall placement.

The new location has 3 sections for the floor.  They didn't even place me to the extremes in the center section, but to the far outside edge of JR/JM side, in the stage right section of the floor.

I also noticed that the seat numbering is reversed.  My Seat 1 at the old place was the inside aisle.  In the new place, seat 1 is outside aisle.

I guess I can understand moving seats 1 and 2 to seats 1 and 2, but why not in the middle section of the new place, which really is comparable to where I was?  Or at least try to make it more centralized in the section they put me.

Distance back from the stage was comparable, FWIW.

When I replied explaining that my initial seat was centralized compared to my new seat being extreme outside, and asked if there was anything they could do, they simply replied "once your relocation is complete, we recommend reaching out to the venue box office directly to request a relocation and the venue will do its best to try to relocate you to other available seating options."

I might be cancelling this seat, too, and seeing what else I can get in the stands, since that's the price point I was at before, and I don't want to be that far back at that price point on the floor.

Again, what a cluster.

ETA: basically reorganized my initial post.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 03:31:45 PM by zappafrank2112 »

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2023, 10:33:34 AM »
Got my official seat reassignment for the show and yep, as I mentioned elsewhere, I indeed got moved from what was a stage center seat to the extreme edge of the seating past Jordan's rig (20 seats to the left of where I was).

Talked to the venue box office and they kept me in the same section but moved me up a few rows and to the inside aisle seat, now in front of JM/JR more directly.

So yes, it worked out, but it was a hassle to get there, and of course wasn't even guaranteed that it would work out.  And I still wonder if the show will still go on.

I strongly encourage people to go ahead and get on the horn and request reassignments of their new tickets if they're not to your satisfaction.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2023, 12:54:05 PM »
See, it's all about patience. And we're all human. If compassion exists, people will try and compensate for one another.

As the band lyrics state..."To really feel the joy in life, you must suffer through the pain."

Offline zappafrank2112

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2023, 01:00:15 PM »
And we're all human.

Speak for yourself, pal!

"I'm the alien..."

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2023, 02:17:59 PM »
And we're all human.

Speak for yourself, pal!

"I'm the alien..."

"Lost in the stars"