Author Topic: 'Excepts From Awake Promo Cassette  (Read 946 times)

Offline twanky

'Excepts From Awake Promo Cassette
« on: July 10, 2023, 03:26:34 AM »
So i thought i'd revisit the old Images & Words fanzine from the 90's and noticed that there was a picture of a promo cassette for Awake. It's got Lie, Caught in a Web, The Mirror and Space Dye Vest, all of them edits. I can't find this anywhere on Discogs. Has anyone ever seen a copy ? It would be interesting to hear the edited versions
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

Offline Setlist Scotty

Re: 'Excepts From Awake Promo Cassette
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 12:25:38 PM »
So i thought i'd revisit the old Images & Words fanzine from the 90's and noticed that there was a picture of a promo cassette for Awake. It's got Lie, Caught in a Web, The Mirror and Space Dye Vest, all of them edits. I can't find this anywhere on Discogs. Has anyone ever seen a copy ? It would be interesting to hear the edited versions
Yeah, I remember that caught my eye way back in the day. Never came across a copy of it myself, but French collector extraordinaire Franz has a copy. I remember asking him or Neil Elliott (who ran the IaW fanzine) about it many moons ago, and IIRC, I was told it they were just clips that faded out; that they weren't true edits as in abridged versions of songs the way normal single edits are. Here's a link to Franz's entry for this tape although it doesn't really provide any info:
http://ymfr.free.fr/index.php?title=Excerpts_from_%22Awake%22_%28Promo_Tape%29
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline twanky

Re: 'Excepts From Awake Promo Cassette
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 01:41:28 AM »
Thanks for the info Scotty  ;D ;D
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.