Author Topic: ariich's DARK TO LIGHT roulette (v8) - Post-roulette updates (ongoing)  (Read 91794 times)

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Re: ariich's DARK TO LIGHT roulette (v8) - EP top and bottom tracks
« Reply #3220 on: July 19, 2023, 03:20:30 PM »
I know "To the Sea" is a hoot, and I don't recall those Visions of Atlantis tracks offhand, but their last few albums are quite good.

Yeah adding Clémentine Delauney took them from being a somewhat forgettable symphonic act to a B tier one.
I mean, don't big them up too much or anything.

26 letters of the alphabet and I've put em in the 2nd highest!  Before Clem they were definitely a R tier symphonic band along with the likes of Harmony Harlots, Sirens of the Swamp, Luna Badger and Wingera.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #3221 on: July 19, 2023, 03:27:38 PM »
 :rollin

I'm disappointed those aren't real bands. 

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3222 on: July 19, 2023, 03:29:14 PM »
There was a narrative I included when I sent it, but as it's total crap I'm not sure it'll enhance the listening experience  :yarr

Dude, I’m right there with you. Want to compare notes?

Mine included drug filled pizza, battles with mythical creatures, basement shows, weapons made of guitars, love, betrayal, a character who is in no way based off a DTF member and of course… Pizza Death  :metal

I put bath salts on my pizza, but that's a personal preference.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3223 on: July 19, 2023, 03:34:10 PM »
So, I reckon I might be ready to post the first batch of results soon. Might even manage to get them ready before I go to bed but if not then definitely in the morning.

Results will be in batches of 3-4 at a time. It's likely going to take at least a couple more days to write them all alongside final listens but, like in my previous roulettes where I've had an EP or concept album final round, I don't want to make you just wait for ages. So batches it is!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #3224 on: July 19, 2023, 03:39:23 PM »
OK for shit and giggles I got Chatgpt to create a playlist.

So this is what I asked for......(directly lifted from Ariich's preferences)

Create a rock and metal playlist of 6 songs based on a theme for someone who likes..
- Strong melodies and harmonies (doesn’t necessarily need to be vocal melodies, and I’m absolutely fine with harsh vocals);
- Energy and dynamism/variety (which can include technicality);
- Strong production, of various types (e.g. punchy, deep, etc.);
- Atmosphere.
- Try to use less famous bands.

And here is the result....

Theme: Epic Journeys

Band: Caligula's Horse
Song: "The Tempest"
This progressive metal track combines intricate guitar work, captivating melodies, and emotive vocals. The song builds up gradually, creating a sense of anticipation and takes the listener on an epic musical journey.

Band: TesseracT
Song: "Nocturne"
TesseracT's blend of progressive and djent elements shines through in this song. The atmospheric soundscapes, powerful vocals, and intricate rhythms create a dynamic and immersive experience, making it perfect for an epic journey-themed playlist.

Band: Ne Obliviscaris
Song: "Pyrrhic"
Ne Obliviscaris is known for their unique blend of progressive metal and extreme elements. "Pyrrhic" features a symphonic backdrop, intense instrumentation, and a mix of clean and harsh vocals, resulting in a captivating and energetic composition.

Band: Haken
Song: "The Architect"
"The Architect" is a progressive metal masterpiece that showcases Haken's technical prowess and songwriting abilities. With its complex arrangements, melodic hooks, and atmospheric passages, it takes listeners on a sonic adventure that never fails to impress.

Band: Soen
Song: "Opal"
Soen's "Opal" is a mesmerizing blend of progressive rock and metal. It offers strong melodies, rich harmonies, and a powerful vocal performance. The song's atmospheric elements and dynamic shifts create an immersive experience, perfect for an epic journey-themed playlist.

Band: Leprous
Song: "The Price"
Leprous delivers a unique blend of progressive metal with avant-garde elements. "The Price" showcases the band's ability to create intricate, melodic compositions with a dark and atmospheric edge. It offers a wide range of dynamics, captivating the listener from start to finish.

This playlist incorporates bands that may be less famous but are highly regarded within the progressive rock and metal community. Each song exhibits strong melodies and harmonies, energy, technicality, and atmospheric elements, making it an engaging and diverse collection for someone who appreciates those qualities.

So that's probably better than mine  :omg:

Online HOF

« Reply #3225 on: July 19, 2023, 03:42:40 PM »
Did you specifically ask it to include progressive metal? Otherwise I’m not sure how it came up with those bands based on the inputs.

Nevermind, I see you said “rock and metal,” though I’m still surprised it went straight for prog metal.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3226 on: July 19, 2023, 03:45:22 PM »
Did you specifically ask it to include progressive metal? Otherwise I’m not sure how it came up with those bands based on the inputs.

Nevermind, I see you said “rock and metal,” though I’m still surprised it went straight for prog metal.
Probably driven by "can include technicality".

I mean, other than 5 of those 6 songs being banned, it's a good playlist though I don't know that it would have gotten a particularly good flow score. Also there are too many artists. :P

I be am boner inducing.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #3227 on: July 19, 2023, 03:46:12 PM »

Honestly that's what it came up with from Ariich's preferences - I only added 'use less famous bands' as it threw a lot of Maiden and Nightwish into the first couple of tries - what I posted was try 3.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #3228 on: July 19, 2023, 03:47:50 PM »
Ooh, "Nocturne" is a winner.  Good job ChatGPT!  Although "powerful" isn't the word I'd use to describe Ash's voice.  But I should get it to play in my roulette. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 04:34:00 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: ariich's DARK TO LIGHT roulette (v8) - Final results, part 1 (21-24)
« Reply #3229 on: July 19, 2023, 03:49:57 PM »
FINAL RESULTS, part 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elite
No EP as yet. :sadpanda: But I will be happy to update this if you send me one.

Roulette total = 7.8 + 8.0 + 7.5 + 7.2 + 7.9 + 8.4 + (n/a) = 46.8 after 6 rounds out of 7

Final position: Did not finish

If you find time to send me an EP then I'll happily update this post, but even if not then I still want to say thank you for playing the first 6 rounds and sending an interesting selection of music! I appreciate you trying to hit some overlap in tastes when it comes to jazz, even though you meet with mixed outcomes when doing so. But then again, your efforts to branch out led to your best and worst scores and ended up no better on average. :lol Wheel is the act I'm most excited to check out further, of course, but I'll check out the rest too. Thanks again for playing and hope things settle down for you soon!

Glasser – Fuck The Flow: The Lonely Tampon
1. Black Flag - Slip It In
2. S.O.D. - Premenstrual Princess Blues
3. Warrant - I Saw Red
4. Coven - Iron Dick
5. Dolly Parton - PMS Blues (live)

First impression: This was very entertaining and I can’t fault you for thematic coherence even if it was at the expense of quality. Novelty aside, this is an incredibly mixed bag with a couple of very good songs in amongst the weakest music I’ve possibly ever been sent in a roulette.

Favourite: Dolly Parton - PMS Blues (live)
Least favourite: S.O.D. - Premenstrual Princess Blues

Final opinion: Oh Tom, what did you do?! :lol You wanted to go down in roulette history, and I mean, what a way to go in your first ever roulette. The theme of this EP is highly entertaining and your use of some of the songs in this context - I Saw Red especially - is hilarious. But there are no points available for theme or story, only music quality and flow, for which this is kind of an epic fail.

Positives first. I've never really listened to much Dolly Parton, but I love this song. The music is fun, Dolly is incredibly charismatic, and the lyrics have a wonderful sarcastic wit to them. The Warrant is also very good; glam rock isn't an instant winner for me but the emotional sincerity here is nicely done and it's a very solid song.

I've obviously heard of Black Flag but I'm not sure I've heard them before, so I don’t know how representative this is. It's very messy, and I wasn't at all keen at first, but I've somewhat come around on most of it for the cool Queens of the Stone Age vibe it has. The sex scene at the end I could really do without though, and overall the song is still a bit average.

The other two songs are, unfortunately, the worst I've ever been sent. I even checked what I was sent in that round in my v2 roulette (11 years ago!) where I asked people to send me something so bad it was entertaining, with the worst songs getting the highest scores, and still I don’t think any were as bad as this. :lol Some of the thrash riffs are kind of passable on their own but still very mediocre and topped with horrible vocals and ridiculous lyrics. I picked out the S.O.D. as the worst only because the Coven has a somewhat fun guitar solo, but both are pretty equally awful. It takes a lot to send me something I actively dislike, so finding two at a time is an impressive feat. The quality range on this EP was so vast that I didn't know how to score it, so I had to settle for scoring each song and taking a weighted average (by song length).

Despite the thematic coherence lyrically, the flow isn't any better. Not only does it jump between mostly completely unrelated genres and moods, the production styles and volumes are so different as to make the listening experience actively and amusingly unpleasant. Like, why are the heaviest songs musically so quiet sonically? If I don't change volume between tracks, the Coven especially just sounds so weak and pathetic which contrasts hilariously with the lyrics. If this was deliberate then you, my friend, are a comic genius, but that doesn't mean I ever want to listen to it again. :lol

Music quality score: 6.6
Flow score: 2.0
EP total: 8.6

Roulette total = 8.1 + 8.1 + 8.8 + 8.2 + 8.2 + 7.9 + (6.6 + 2.0) = 57.9

Final position: 23rd

Oh Tom, what a finish to your first roulette. :lol Looking at your line on the graph, I don't think "rise and fall" is enough to describe your journey. More the “Rise and Total Collapse of Glasser”. You were doing so well up until the last couple of rounds. Solid submissions in each of the first 5 rounds with one real standout in the form of Nospūn, which briefly put you as high as 5th place and the album for which I’m particularly excited to listen to. But really you sent me something in every round - yes, even the EP - that I’m looking forward to exploring further.

faizoff – The Last of Me
1. Deadmau5 - Avaritia
2. Deadmau5 - Strobe (Radio Edit)
3. Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - Immigrant Song
4. Kendrik Lamar & SZA - All The Stars
5. A Perfect Circle - So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish
6. Soulfly - Flyhigh

First impression: This is a little different to anything else I’ve been sent, which is why I’ve loved having you in this roulette regardless of your scores. The EP takes a weird turn at the end but otherwise it’s good, and I may have been sleeping on one of the artists.

Favourite: Deadmau5 - Strobe
Least favourite: Soulfly - Flyhigh

Final opinion: Alright so this is a solid EP, mostly both very good musically and flowing well but taking a dip in both regards at the end.

Deadmau5 is very much the artist I've been sleeping on. I've known about him for many years, since before I really got into electronic music, and I'm sure I've heard a track or two but never explored further. I love both these tracks. I picked out Strobe as the favourite just because it has such a nice lushness to it, but I also love the slower build of Avaritia so it sounds like the full version of Strobe might be even better.

I'll have heard the Reznor/Ross version of Immigrant Song when I saw the film, but it's pretty cool. Doesn't blow me away but I like the vibe. The Lamar/SZA collaboration is better. Really great in fact, and I'm minded to agree with Litho that SZA's parts are the most interesting, very richly melodic and engaging.

A Perfect Circle have never really excited me, and I don't think this really changes my mind. But it's a solid enough song, with a nice chorus and some grand use of strings. The Soulfly is the same but more so. I remember them from my teens and early 20s and never had any interest in them, and this does nothing to change that. It's not unpleasant, there's just not really anything here that hits my tastes.

In terms of flow, most of the EP is pretty good. Some of the transitions between songs are slightly jarring, I think mainly due to quite different production styles, but this is largely compensated for by some consistent threads including poppy and electronic elements, and relatedly a sort of pulsating beat that permeates throughout. The APC song deviates slightly but still feels close enough in vibe. But the Soulfly song definitely feels like too much of a departure. There's a sort of steady beat I suppose, but most elements of the song and the sound are too different to the rest and it ends up being very disconnected.

Music quality score: 8.2
Flow score: 3.7
EP total: 11.9

Roulette total = 7.2 + 8.2 + 8.3 + 7.0 + 8.1 + 7.7 + (8.2 + 3.7) = 58.4

Final position: 22nd

Like I said in my first impression, I’ve loved having you in this roulette because of the interesting range of things you’ve sent me, even if you’ve ended up ranked low. Which really is just because when you’ve missed the mark, you’ve missed it by quite a long way. :lol But you’ve hit the mark more often than not. Very much so with Van She and Deadmau5, but you’ve also made me want to explore NIN and Coldplay more as well. Thanks for being involved and for being such a good sport!

Stadler – The Arc of the Curve
1. Scorpions - Loving You Sunday Morning
2. Scorpions - Falling In Love
3. Scorpions - We’ll Burn the Sky
4. Fish - View From the Hill
5. Fish - Sunsets on Empire

First impression: To varying degrees I’m familiar with these artists, and all but one of the songs have increased my interest in exploring further. The first few songs remind me of what you achieved in round 2.

Favourite: Scorpions - We’ll Burn the Sky
Least favourite: Fish - View From the Hill

Final opinion: Last time I did an EP round, yours was one the weakest. This time you've sent me one of the stronger ones. The music is pretty great throughout, it flows well and is enhanced by an engaging emotional narrative.

Evermind sent me a quieter and more acoustic selection of Scorpions songs in my fogey roulette. It scored well but none of the albums I followed up on quite hit the mark. You've very much rekindled my interest with three songs from their more rocking side. To varying extents I really like all three songs. Falling in Love is probably the least exciting - the chorus is pretty weak - but it's still an enjoyable song. The other two are excellent. Sunday Morning is deceptive - it starts pretty straightforward but develops into some really engaging ideas later in the song, and that development is interesting in itself. And We'll Burn the Sky is just fantastic. Great hooks and a lot of emotion and passion.

I've never been especially enthralled with any era of Marillion and so never felt compelled to explore any of Fish's other work. View From the Hill is nice, but pretty much along the lines I would have expected. Stylistically, Sunsets on Empire isn't much different, but it has an emotional resonance - possibly affected by the theme of your EP - that makes it much more compelling and definitely encourages me to give his stuff a try.

The EP flows very nicely. The only minor thing against it really is that the two halves are quite distinct stylistically, which is the only reason it doesn’t score even higher. But on the plus side, the loose narrative about the rise and fall of a relationship works great and helps gel it all together. Narrative isn't necessary to these EPs and indeed musical and sonic flow should be the priority, but you've done both and used the narrative to good effect to enhance something that already flowed smoothly.

Music quality score: 8.2
Flow score: 4.2
EP total: 12.4

Roulette total = 7.9 + 8.4 + 7.9 + 7.4 + 8.0 + 7.4 + (8.2 + 4.2) = 59.4

Final position: 21st

So you didn’t manage to get into the higher part of the table by sending the best submission of the roulette this time, like you did two years ago, but you’ve managed to maintain once again a solid record of increasing my interest in older artists. Not everything was a hit, but even those that didn’t reach the 8/10 mark had some great stuff in them - for example, it just so happens that I’ve started digging into a couple of those Black Sabbath albums and I think you may have finally found one that I actually love in the form of Headless Cross. But I’m most excited to check out Fleetwood Mac, that Whitesnake live album and more Scorpions albums that I missed last time. Thanks as ever!

Click the graphs to enlarge.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3230 on: July 19, 2023, 04:15:58 PM »
 :rollin :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rollin

confirmed: i scored at least a 8.9 total in this round  :metal

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #3231 on: July 19, 2023, 04:16:38 PM »
I don't even know if Faizoff knows this or not, but "All the Stars" has two different versions with some different vocal melodies and ad libs.  I prefer the version he used, but this one is worth hearing as well. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/66kQ7wr4d2LwwSjr7HXcyr

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #3232 on: July 19, 2023, 04:18:17 PM »
Honestly Rich, I don’t know how you do it. I started listening to the EPs 30 hours ago (alongside listening to some other stuff) and I still haven’t finished them all. How many listens did you even do?

Also, glad I made it out of the bottom 4, that’s a surprise. Also, also, Glasser’s EP was great!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3233 on: July 19, 2023, 04:20:32 PM »
Tom’s lines on the charts are spectacular!  Has anyone ever fallen more than 50% in one round?!?!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3234 on: July 19, 2023, 04:24:09 PM »
Honestly Rich, I don’t know how you do it. I started listening to the EPs 30 hours ago (alongside listening to some other stuff) and I still haven’t finished them all. How many listens did you even do?
I posted round 6 results on 2nd July, which means I've been listening for nearly 2.5 weeks. Probably seems quicker because we also did the bonus round, which was kind of the point - Keep up the fun and the momentum while I crack on with digging in to the music.

Ive listened to all the EPs 5 times in full and am doing 6th listens (with bits of skipping here and there) while doing the writeups. No scores have changed so far on these final listens and my expectation is that if any change at all it'll be very minor. As always though I'll always be a few writeups ahead of what I'm posting so I know that ranks aren't changing.

I be am boner inducing.

Online HOF

« Reply #3235 on: July 19, 2023, 04:39:42 PM »
Man, there were 24 of us in this roulette. I knew that sort of, but hadn’t internalized that number. Madness!

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #3236 on: July 19, 2023, 05:07:15 PM »
Man, there were 24 of us in this roulette. I knew that sort of, but hadn’t internalized that number. Madness!

Yea, it really hit home when I was making my way through all the damn EPs!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3237 on: July 19, 2023, 05:22:08 PM »
Just caught up with the thread and the writeups. I don't know how you did it but my hats off to you Rich.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3238 on: July 19, 2023, 06:13:22 PM »
It was fun playing ariich! taking part in roulettes is a lot of fun. I don't know people's taste's here as well as some of the others, seems like some of you have been playing forever and know the tastes down to the T.

You're a real trooper for accommodating so many people and taking in all that music! Thanks for indulging in my tastes. My music compared to others is fairly mainstream even though a bit varied so it's always daunting to see so many artists listed here who I have no idea about.

I don't even know if Faizoff knows this or not, but "All the Stars" has two different versions with some different vocal melodies and ad libs.  I prefer the version he used, but this one is worth hearing as well. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/66kQ7wr4d2LwwSjr7HXcyr

I did not know this! Will listen to it.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #3239 on: July 19, 2023, 06:58:54 PM »
Those line graphs are amazing  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #3240 on: July 19, 2023, 07:11:15 PM »
Do we have a single place with all the EPs? I'd love to dive into them but can't be arsed to go through all of these messages and scrap links :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3241 on: July 19, 2023, 07:20:25 PM »
It was fun playing ariich! taking part in roulettes is a lot of fun. I don't know people's taste's here as well as some of the others, seems like some of you have been playing forever and know the tastes down to the T.

What I've generally found in my roulettes is that the people in the top half send consistently good stuff. But it's the people in the bottom half that somehow manage to send the most memorable tracks completely out of the blue. lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3242 on: July 19, 2023, 07:27:57 PM »
Do we have a single place with all the EPs? I'd love to dive into them but can't be arsed to go through all of these messages and scrap links :P

Here's the only one that matters...

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5fpW8lg6PQmY2Phicv0SID?si=10df4eb360504380

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3243 on: July 19, 2023, 07:38:43 PM »
I knew I wasn't winning so I wanted to "entertain" myself and hopefully a few of you, I know Luke enjoyed it and that's great. I had a great time and I want to thank Rich for having me.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3244 on: July 19, 2023, 08:13:49 PM »
You know Tom, finishing last can be just as impressive as finishing first. Anyone can be middle of the pack, but it takes something special to be dead last out of 24 participants.  :hefdaddy
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #3245 on: July 19, 2023, 08:48:29 PM »
You know Tom, finishing last can be just as impressive as finishing first. Anyone can be middle of the pack, but it takes something special to be dead last out of 24 participants.  :hefdaddy
Especially to go from middle of the pack to dead last in one fell swoop.  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #3246 on: July 19, 2023, 10:51:19 PM »

What I've generally found in my roulettes is that the people in the top half send consistently good stuff. But it's the people in the bottom half that somehow manage to send the most memorable tracks completely out of the blue. lol

I know!  Right?    I've had the same two people send me arguably the worst two, but also arguably the best two songs of my whole roulette. 

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #3247 on: July 20, 2023, 12:16:18 AM »

I know!  Right?    I've had the same two people send me arguably the worst two, but also arguably the best two songs of my whole roulette.

You’re welcome

Offline Glasser

« Reply #3248 on: July 20, 2023, 01:40:53 AM »

Great point Chad! I knew exactly what I wanted to do in this round and mission accomplished.  :biggrin:   :lol

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #3249 on: July 20, 2023, 02:23:09 AM »

I got you boo

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1YBgQQDw6cG486lpjsNQvx?si=rzjTkm8nQkKjjliCoCTvVA

Ok, so I finally made it through all the EPs, phew.

Here’s my personal ranking with favourite songs. I’ve decided to check out a few albums after hearing all these…

Best:
Me - Everybody Sins

Pretty Damn Good:
Soupy - The Great Escape
Wolfking - Under a Serpent Sun
Glasser - Iron Dick
Litho - Hero
Sacul - Dragonaut
King - Ashes

Good:
Buddy - Blood of the Past
Luoto - These Low Lands
Puppies - Beneath Thos Face
Stadler - View From the Hill
Reaper - The Free Spirit
TAC - Oceans
Crow - Everything Disappearing

Average:
Nick - Time Machine
Vmadera - Tears
Seneca - Suzanne
Lonestar - Worlds End
Jingle - Not my Saviour
Evermind - Relinquish

Not For Me:
Faizoff - Flyhigh
Romdrums - Circle Seven
HOF - No particular favourite
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 03:06:47 AM by twosuitsluke »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3250 on: July 20, 2023, 04:13:37 AM »
Luke - did you listen to Orchestral version of Relinquish? The album version has screams :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #3251 on: July 20, 2023, 04:36:04 AM »
Luke - did you listen to Orchestral version of Relinquish? The album version has screams :lol

It was the orchestral one I think. Whichever one is on Rich’s playlist.

Online nick_z

« Reply #3252 on: July 20, 2023, 04:43:59 AM »

Average:
Nick - Time Machine

Yeah, I sent this one in your roulette too, and I think you felt more or less the same way then :)

Haven’t gone through all the music, but I certainly have to agree with the ATG song Wolfking sent. That one is classic!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3253 on: July 20, 2023, 04:59:48 AM »
Average:
Jingle - Not my Saviour

This is why it was a good idea for me not to participate in your roulette. 

Good on ya for sampling them all.   :tup

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #3254 on: July 20, 2023, 05:14:26 AM »
Just to be clear, my ranking is based on the EPs as a whole, with my person favourite song from each EP. In some cases the best song on the EP (Evermind, Nick and Vmadera) I enjoyed more than every other song on their EP, and if the rest of the EP was more like that one song the whole EP would’ve scored higher. As I said before though, this ain’t my roulette so my opinion means Jack.

@Jingle, I really quite liked your EP, it’s just the others were more to my tastes. I’d always welcome anyone and everyone into my roulette. Look at Glasser. Dead last but you can bet your sweet ass Rich is glad he joined!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 05:20:17 AM by twosuitsluke »