Author Topic: Anyone watching Jury Duty?  (Read 851 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Anyone watching Jury Duty?
« on: May 03, 2023, 07:35:13 AM »
We watched the first 2 episodes last night. I think it's a riot and possibly the closest thing to an IRL Truman Show I've seen.

It follows the workings of an American jury trial through the eyes of Ronald Gladden, a juror who is unaware the entire case is fake. Everyone except him is an actor, and everything that happens is carefully planned. From the moment he receives his jury duty notice, the fix is in. Everyone he encounters from the moment he sets foot on the "court house's" property is a plant and every side conversation between everyone else involved is scripted.   

It's on Amazon Prime.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Anyone watching Jury Duty?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 08:01:50 AM »
Not yet. I’ve seen clips and know the premise though. Looks great!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 07:21:51 AM »
We finished this last night. I freaking loved it and highly recommend.   

I don't know if it was the show's intention or not, but it left me with a dark taste in my mouth despite all the positive stuff at the end. As cool as Ronald seems to be with it all, the whole experience has got to fuck with your head a bit.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 09:48:28 PM »
I binged all eight episodes last night after a friend suggested the show to me. I really quite enjoyed it, and all the quirky characters in it. That finale really got to me with so many emotions, and knowing Ronald still hung out with his "fellow jurors" after the "trial" kind of warms my heart.

Everything kind of fell in to place, even if it was very much hinging on Ronald's actions, it all seemed to work out in the end!

I can't imagine another season being as well produced, especially if people become wise to the notion of being on a fake jury.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 06:22:06 AM »
Mrs.jingle and I are 2 episodes in. I’m liking it more than she - she’s got to be in a certain mood for that kind of over-the-top stupid comedy. So far, I think The Joe Schmo Show was superior.

And yeah, that fucked with any trust issues the “mark’s” had.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 08:36:39 AM »
We are 4 episodes in, just started last week.  Really enjoy it.  I just think it's hilarious and the fact the one guy is clueless is only a small part of why I find it funny. 

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 02:17:54 PM »
We finished this last night. I freaking loved it and highly recommend.   

I don't know if it was the show's intention or not, but it left me with a dark taste in my mouth despite all the positive stuff at the end. As cool as Ronald seems to be with it all, the whole experience has got to fuck with your head a bit.

Binged it yesterday with my youngest son and I share the same sentiments. Loved it and my immediate thought when they revealed to him what was going on was 'sorrow' and 'sadness' for him. That he was the butt of the joke so to speak and he looked 'sad' right when he found out.

He handled it well and all but as you said, that has to mess with you on some level.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online faizoff

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2023, 02:45:02 PM »
I too watched it and just loved it. James Marsden had some of the best deadpan deliveries and the jokes just cracked me up.

I don't think Ronald was the butt of the joke. They were laughing with him and not at him. From what I read behind the scenes and all, he took a while to process it and at times he did suspect something was off.
James Marsden also made it a point that Ronald was not to be made fun of. I do get why people feel that he looked sad.

Amazon also has bonus commentaries for each episode with some of the cast and I'm debating watching it again with those commentaries. It's good to hear that they've all become close friends and keep in touch regularly.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2023, 07:32:56 AM »
I was doing some work in my hobby room the other day and replayed it with the bonus commentary. It was a good listen.