Author Topic: Top 25 Favorite Drummers countdown thread! (Number 1 & 2 Up!)  (Read 30175 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Top 25 Favorite Drummers countdown thread! (Number 7 & 8 Up!)
« Reply #735 on: May 31, 2023, 06:30:11 PM »
I'm kind of amazed you can be so certain on this one. I mean we have had thrash metal drummers, rock drummers, prog drummers, a bit of everything so far. It just doesn't feel like the remainder are that easy.

2 are a given based on where we're posting, and another will be on everyone's list for sure. Beyond that, just solid guesses on my part based on the general feel of posting here for 12 years. I'd be willing to put 5 on it actually.

Offline HOF

« Reply #736 on: May 31, 2023, 07:13:43 PM »
There are 4 I’m sure of (3 of them on my list), 1 more who I think is a pretty good guess (don’t even know his name, just going by the band which is pretty popular here), and then I’m less sure of the last one but I am guessing it’s a member of another band which is particularly popular here.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #737 on: May 31, 2023, 08:17:54 PM »
Getting down to the wire and some obvious ones haven't showed up. 3 in particular.

Online The Realm

« Reply #738 on: May 31, 2023, 09:13:09 PM »
I'd love to say I have 5 of the remaining 6 on my list, I definitely don't have all 6 if lonestar is correct.

But yeah there are of course 3 very obvious ones to come.

Offline HOF

« Reply #739 on: May 31, 2023, 09:22:11 PM »
There are 4 I’m sure of (3 of them on my list), 1 more who I think is a pretty good guess (don’t even know his name, just going by the band which is pretty popular here), and then I’m less sure of the last one but I am guessing it’s a member of another band which is particularly popular here.

Oh, I just thought of another guy who maybe should be obvious (I'm not totally sure there enough fans of his band here, but he's pretty widely regarded as one of the top metal/prog drummers). I considered but didn't list him myself. Feels like he wouldn't miss the list altogether and he hasn't shown up yet. Hmmm.

I'd say I'm pretty sure about 4 of the 6 remaining, and then I have 3 pretty good guesses for the other 2, but one of them misses the list altogether.

Online The Realm

« Reply #740 on: May 31, 2023, 09:34:27 PM »

Oh, I just thought of another guy who maybe should be obvious (I'm not totally sure there enough fans of his band here, but he's pretty widely regarded as one of the top metal/prog drummers). I considered but didn't list him myself. Feels like he wouldn't miss the list altogether and he hasn't shown up yet. Hmmm.

I'd say I'm pretty sure about 4 of the 6 remaining, and then I have 3 pretty good guesses for the other 2, but one of them misses the list altogether.

HOF, not sure we are thinking of the same person, but if so I hope he makes it.

If there are 2 drummers from the one band to come, there are 4 obvious ones left. Then I would guess one prog/rock guy and then I hope one prog/metal guy. Not sure if this where others thoughts are but that is my guess.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Top 25 Favorite Drummers countdown thread! (Number 5 & 6 Up!)
« Reply #741 on: June 01, 2023, 05:41:47 AM »
Nearing the end, 2/2 for today

5 - Mike Mangini
Appeared on 18 of 29 lists
Highest Finish: 2 (Dream Team)
7 Top 10 Finishes

Unsurprising that Mike Mangini made the list. He is an incredible drummer and as badly as I wanted Thomas Lang to have a go at being DT's drummer I realize how perfect of a fit Mike is to the band. He has chops for days and hangs his cymbals somewhere in the stratosphere. Brilliant musician.

6 - Danny Carey
Appeared on 12 of 29 lists
Highest Finish: 1 (LithoJazzoSphere, ReaperKK, The Realm)
9 Top 10 Finishes

Interesting to see the number of people who ranked him ranked him as high as they did. I was pretty confident that Danny Carey was going to make the list but I'm pleasantly surprised he ranked so high.

Personally speaking, after Lars he was the second big drummer discovery. I distinctly remember putting in the Lateralus CD after it was released for the first time and that intro to The Grudge left my jaw on the floor.

Much like Stewart Copeland he has a completely unique approach to the drums. The way he strings together these these amazing rhythms that seem to serve Tool's music perfectly. If you're even the slightest Tool fan you owe it to yourself to go see them live and watch Danny put on a masterclass behind the kit (the show is pretty fucking incredible too). For as big of an act as they are they play live to no click and they recorded Fear Innoculum without a click, just an octopus keeping the train moving.

Another reason I hold him in such high regard is while Mike Mangini (and I'm using him only as an example because he is in today's update) is a monster none of his parts are really that memorable. Even Danny's most recent work sticks in my brain like gorilla glue.

I imagine that those who ranked have probably seen the Vic Firth pro-shot footage of Pneuma but if you haven't check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FssULNGSZIA

Additionally Danny's side projects are really good, Volto! being my favorite. Legend of the Seagullmen is a pretty interesting listen and has Brent Hinds from Mastodon on it.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #742 on: June 01, 2023, 05:45:41 AM »
Not surprised MM made it. Didn’t rank for me since I’m just not a fan of his overall approach to drums.

Totally forgot about Danny but he also wouldn’t have ranked for me

Guess my “locks” were not so much locks after all. Interesting.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #743 on: June 01, 2023, 06:04:18 AM »
I now feel super confident that was I correct in who the remaining six would be.

Longtime followers of my posts (seek help if this is you :P) might be surprised that not only did Mangini's predecessor in Dream Theater place higher for me, but Mangini didn't make my list at all.  Like Adami said, I am just not a fan of his fundamental approach to drumming (I am not a technical guy when it comes to playing).  I am, however, stunned that not a single voter had him at number 1 on their list.

I totally forgot about Carey, but I guess that is what happens when you never listen to a band.  I finally got into Lateralus a while back, but since then I still never listen to that album or Tool.  I can't call a drummer if a favorite if I never listen to his or her band.  He is a terrific drummer, though, no doubt about it.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #744 on: June 01, 2023, 06:09:48 AM »

I imagine that those who ranked have probably seen the Vic Firth pro-shot footage of Pneuma but if you haven't check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FssULNGSZIA

Thanks for the link, love watching drummers from that pov.  The pattern that starts around 7:00(ish) is  :omg:

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #745 on: June 01, 2023, 06:13:48 AM »
I had Mike Mangini at 10. He is a master and I can really appreciate his accenting of other players but to me he is not as fun to watch live as his predecessor.

Danny Carey was at 4 on my list. Monster of a player. So glad that I finally got to see Tool live last year. Amazing experience.

25  highly likely
24  no way
23  Phil Collins - probably
22  no chance
21  slight possibility
20  Stewart Copeland  - possible
19  slight possibility
18  doubt it, but he should
17  Nick D'Virgilio  -  possible
16  probably not
15  possible
14  Marco Minnemann - possible
13  sadly not a chance
12  doubt it
11  no way in hell
10  Mike Mangini - definitely
9  possible
8  possible
Bill Bruford - possible
6  sadly not a chance
5  definitely
Danny Carey - definitely
3  high probability
2  sadly I don't think he will make but he should
1  Locked in here....

Not ranked: 

Gene Hoglan
Cozy Powell
Blake Richardson
Bill Ward
Carter Beauford
Alex Van Halen
Scott Rockenfield
Lars Ulrich
Dave Lombardo
Keith Moon
Ringo Starr
Brann Dailor
Nicko McBrain

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #746 on: June 01, 2023, 06:17:28 AM »
I didn't get to submit a list, but only 3 would've made it so far. Brann Dailor, MM and Danny Carey.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online The Realm

« Reply #747 on: June 01, 2023, 06:18:10 AM »
I now feel super confident that was I correct in who the remaining six would be.

Longtime followers of my posts (seek help if this is you :P) might be surprised that not only did Mangini's predecessor in Dream Theater place higher for me, but Mangini didn't make my list at all.  Like Adami said, I am just not a fan of his fundamental approach to drumming (I am not a technical guy when it comes to playing).  I am, however, stunned that not a single voter had him at number 1 on their list.

I totally forgot about Carey, but I guess that is what happens when you never listen to a band.  I finally got into Lateralus a while back, but since then I still never listen to that album or Tool.  I can't call a drummer if a favorite if I never listen to his or her band.  He is a terrific drummer, though, no doubt about it.

So Kev are you saying you had Carey in your top 6 before todays reveal? Hard to know from what you said above.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #748 on: June 01, 2023, 06:19:36 AM »

So Kev are you saying you had Carey in your top 6 before todays reveal? Hard to know from what you said above.

Yes.  The other day when I said something to the effect of being super confident about who 7 of the final 8 would be, Carey was one of them (as were Mangini and McBrain).  Even though I didn't rank him, I assumed many others probably did, and that many would have had him very high.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #749 on: June 01, 2023, 06:22:13 AM »
ReaperKK, can you update the OP to show the entire list (like I always do in these threads)?  I know you have the links to each featured drummer, but a master list that shows the entire countdown to date in order is needed. :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #750 on: June 01, 2023, 06:32:58 AM »
I had Carey at 21 and Mangini at 14.  I saw Carey in 96 and it was a sonic attack. A refreshing style I never really saw before live.

I saw Mangini first with Extreme on the WFTP tour. 1995.  Totally blew my mind.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #751 on: June 01, 2023, 06:37:03 AM »
Had both of them, and am even more confident of the final 4.

Mangini (#12) is a technical monster, just amazed at what he accomplishes behind the kit.

Carey (#19) is fucking amazing, technicality aside, the mood he sets to Tool's music is so intrinsic. He's as much to Tool as Moon was to early Who, you just don't have that sound without him.

3 of the final 4 I'm 100% sure on, and sitting at 99% on the other.

25- Alex Van Halen Should be there
24- Nope
23- Mayyybeee
22- Definitely not, and a damn shame too
21- Lock
20- Should make the list
19- Danny Carey (Lock)
18- They'd be on everyone's list if they heard them
17- Blake Richardson (Yeah)
16- Probably
15- Bill Bruford (Lock)
14- Might make it, definitely worthy
13- Unfortunately no
12- Mike Mangini (Lock)
11- Another unfortunately no
10- Lock
9- Not too sure...we'll see
8- Lock
7- Lock
6- No, and I hate you all that they won't make it
5- Marco Minneman (Lock)
4- See #6, multiply by 1000
3- Keith Moon(Yeah)
2- Lock
1- Lock

Not Listed-
Gene Hoglan
Cozy Powell
Bill Ward
Carter Beuford
Martin Lopez
Mark Zonder
Scott Rockenfield
Stewart Copeland
Lars Ulrich
Dave Lombardo
Ringo Star
Nick D'Virgilio
Brann Dailor
Phil Colins
Nicko McBrain

Online The Realm

« Reply #752 on: June 01, 2023, 06:53:50 AM »

Yes.  The other day when I said something to the effect of being super confident about who 7 of the final 8 would be, Carey was one of them (as were Mangini and McBrain).  Even though I didn't rank him, I assumed many others probably did, and that many would have had him very high.

Ok cool. Well seems that even though I wasn’t that confident of the remaining 6 I think I have guessed correctly anyway. I’ll post my write up on the latest reveal later as lots to say about these 2 drummers.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #753 on: June 01, 2023, 07:04:14 AM »
Had Mangini at 17.  I'm glad he was the guy that ended up in DT.  His drumming on the last two DT records especially has been amazing, and for me, seems to inject a fair amount of fun in those album.

One of my variations of my list had Danny Carey on it.  In the late 90's and early 00's, he would have been top 5 for me.  My musical tastes have evolved quite a bit since then, so Tool has fallen off my radar.  Got to see him live on the Lateralus tour, and I was glued to him the whole time.  Really fun to watch.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #754 on: June 01, 2023, 07:06:19 AM »
Danny Carey (my #7) is one of those genius that you recognize his style right away and what he does it's REALLY complex - I recommend this Drumeo Video, analysing his work on TOOL, specially from 10:12 on,  where they talk about his polyrhythmic drumming.

Mike Mangini (my #13) is another monster of a drummer and, not surprisingly, as he's been in amazing company, I think his work with DT is where he's shinning most - indeed specially in the last 2 albums, which is also amazing to see he's still evolving even more in this stage of his career.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 08:09:29 AM by devieira73 »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline HOF

« Reply #755 on: June 01, 2023, 07:29:22 AM »
Well these were 2 of the three guys I was guessing were in the running for the last two spots, so now that question is answered. A little surprised [redacted] didn’t place at all given how popular his band is. That also seems to lock in the top 4.

I didn’t have either ranked, but I appreciate both drummers. I like Mangini’s work outside of DT better than in. The two Mullmuzzler albums have some tasty stuff, and the first Mike Keneally & Beer for Dolphins album is great too. He’s definitely a monster behind the kit, but he can seem a bit sterile at time.

Danny Carey was in consideration for one the last spots on my list solely on the strength of Lateralus (the only Tool album I own), which is one of the all time great drum albums. I agree about his parts being really memorable and so well planned out. I just don’t really like Tool enough to listen to him, and what I’ve heard from him outside the Tool context didn’t do a lot for me either.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #756 on: June 01, 2023, 08:14:59 AM »
I'm no fan of Tool at all, so Carey was a no-show for me.  Man Genie .... 18 I think.  Yeah, he's impressive, but the albums he plays studio on for DT are a bit all over the place in how I feel about them at any given time.  Except TA, I always feel the same about that album.  :lol

At this point, no one should be surprised at the Top 4.  The order shall be interesting.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #757 on: June 01, 2023, 08:16:31 AM »
I know who 3 of the top 4 are, but this list has sent a lot of curve balls and surprises so I am not sure who the 4th one is anymore.

I thought a good number of people on my list were locks, but then the dude from Mastodon, Fates Warning, and Dave Lambardo showed up and threw me off.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #758 on: June 01, 2023, 09:07:36 AM »
Brann Dailor gets accused of playing "Too many fills", but the dude can play. I remember in an interview he said that he writes his parts from a lead guitar mentality, which I think shows in his playing. 1:43 to 3:50 of this video is probably my favorite playing of his.

https://youtu.be/HBqyOZdabJA?t=104

Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #759 on: June 01, 2023, 09:12:36 AM »
Mangini & Carey: 2/2

Two absolute beasts behind the kit.  I had Mangini at # 8 (probably ranked too high in retrospect) and Carey at # 13.  Just incredible, incredible players.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #760 on: June 01, 2023, 09:22:22 AM »
So far, I'm only at 9 of the 22 drummers listed so far.  I would imagine I've got 2 of the next 4 nailed.  If I hit on all 4, that would put me at just over half of my list making the consensus list.  Though I really have no idea who the the other two are beyond the obvious ones.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #761 on: June 01, 2023, 09:30:56 AM »
25   Bill Bruford (Reasonable chance, depending.)
24   No chance in hell; there are other drummers IN HIS BAND that might, though.
23   He's either going to be in someone's top ten or not on the list, so probably won't make the final.
22   No chance. I might take some crap for this one.
21   No chance; most people won't know who he is.
20   No chance.
19   No chance (part of what will possibly be the only "father/son" pair on anyone's list)
18   No chance, due to this band being a pariah around here.
17   60-40 he makes it.
16   Probably no chance, but a crying shame.  The man is a mule.
15.   Slim chance; he is arguably my vote for best drummer in his genre, though there's another guy that gets all the press.
14   One of three guys from a certain band to make my list; probably won't make the final.
13   Keith Moon (90% lock)
12   100% lock
11   Slim chance; the other guy who replaced him has a better shot.
10   Should be a 100% lock; this forum?  50-50 at best.
9   Cozy Powell (I submitted my predictions AFTER this)
8   Nicko McBrain No. 11's "other guy".   Should be 70-30 to make it.
7   Sadly, no chance. 
6   Bill Ward (Sadly, probably no chance; he's a pale shell of his former self, but some of his early live work is incendiary.)
5   Ringo Starr (SHOULD BE 100% lock.)
4   100% lock
3   100% lock
2   Phil Collins (100% lock)
1   100% lock and my guess for Number One overall.

27: Carter Beauford
38: Lars Ulrich
NR: Danny Carey
NR: Stewart Copeland
NR: Nick D'Virgilio
NR: Brann Dailor
NR:  Gene Hoglan
NR: Dave Lombardo
NR: Martin Lopez
NR: Mike Mangini
NR: Marco Minneman
NR:  Blake Richardson
NR: Scott Rockenfield
NR: Alex Van Halen
NR: Mark Zonder

Danny Carey; probably should have been considered.  The problem for me is that Tool is like Floyd for me; it's atmospheric music, and the sum is greater than the parts.  So I don't really think of each guy as an individual, the way I do, say a Cozy Powell.  The only guy to make my lists from either band is Gilmour, and he would have made it independent of Floyd (though the Floyd work certainly helped).

Mike Mangini; I hate talking about him because the conversation is always so loaded.  It almost by definition devolves into a "Mike v. Mike" discussion - which I have ZERO interest in - and there are so many differing standards by which musicians are measured.   FOR ME, music is visceral.  I want to hear something that gives me goosebumps.  The drum fills in Eleventh Earl of Mar or In The Cage Medley give me GOOSE BUMPS.  I have yet to hear a Mangini fill or run that does that.  Sure, it's TECHNICALLY exemplary.  Technical excellence, alone, does nothing for me.  I know others have argued with me on this, but IT'S MY PERCEPTION, his playing is as intrusive as not in the DT material.  Every song?  No, but there are too many songs where I'm listening to the music and there's 8,000 kickdrum hits underneath that just seem to overwhelm the material.  NONE of this is to disparage Mike; he's at the top of his game, no doubt.  I certainly RESPECT what he does, but it just does nothing for me from a visceral perspective.   He wasn't even considered on my list.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #762 on: June 01, 2023, 09:32:46 AM »
5 - Mike Mangini

6 - Danny Carey

No idea who Danny Carey is (and seeing some of the comments about him, I understand why).  I had Mangini at #19.  He's obviously an incredible technical drummer, but I can't say I've really enjoyed his playing the way I did with MP's playing.  That's probably more a me thing than a him thing, but this countdown is about favorites, so there you have it.

25   Keith Moon (Maybe...not sure)
24   Probably not
23   I'd say 60-70% chance no
22   Ringo Starr (Probably)
21   Probably not
20   Probably not
19   Mike Mangini (90% yes)
18   Nein
17   Absolutely should be, but I'm thinking less than 50/50
16   Nope
15   Not even a little chance
14   No way, eh
13   Phil Collins (90+% yes)
12   Not a chance
11   Nope
10   Lars Ulrich (I think yes, only about 60% sure)
9   Bill Ward (Should be...75+% likely)
8   Bill Bruford (75+% likely)
7   Cozy Powell (50/50)
6   Scott Rockenfield (Hmmm...really not sure, but I think less than 50/50)
5   Same band as #8 - one of them should make it, if not both
4   Nicko McBrain (90+% yes)
3   Lock
2   Mark Zonder (Might sneak in around 21-25)
1   Lock for top 3

Not ranked:  Gene Hoglan, Blake Richardson, Carter Beauford, Alex Van Halen, Martin Lopez, Stewart Copeland, Dave Lombardo, Nick D'Virgilio, Brann Dailor, Marco Minnemann, Danny Carey

As for the final four, two are solid locks.  I'm still assuming there's a third guy who's a lock (although I didn't rank him) because he's at or near the top of pretty much every drummer ranking I've ever seen.  I know who I want the 4th guy to be, but given that this countdown has already featured half a dozen guys I've never heard of, I'm just not sure.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #763 on: June 01, 2023, 09:33:21 AM »
My number 1 and 5 should definitely show up. Hmm.... could be that my number 3 sneaks in. Number 8? Probably not at this stage.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #764 on: June 01, 2023, 09:36:35 AM »
I thought I knew four of the six, with an almost certain fifth.  Well, I didn't even consider these last two, so I'm at best THREE of the remaining four, and a wild guess as to the fourth.   Yesterday I would have guessed that fourth is one of two, but I can't imagine that one of those is higher than Mangini, but as Adami said, there's been nothing but surprises here, so who knows? 

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Random Access Sloth
« Reply #765 on: June 01, 2023, 09:41:35 AM »
MM and DC were #23 and #7 on my list respectively. Both incredible and unique drummers.

The top 4 should be obvious at this point.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #766 on: June 01, 2023, 09:44:11 AM »
Mike Mangini; I hate talking about him because the conversation is always so loaded.  It almost by definition devolves into a "Mike v. Mike" discussion - which I have ZERO interest in - and there are so many differing standards by which musicians are measured.   FOR ME, music is visceral.  I want to hear something that gives me goosebumps.  The drum fills in Eleventh Earl of Mar or In The Cage Medley give me GOOSE BUMPS.  I have yet to hear a Mangini fill or run that does that.  Sure, it's TECHNICALLY exemplary.  Technical excellence, alone, does nothing for me.  I know others have argued with me on this, but IT'S MY PERCEPTION, his playing is as intrusive as not in the DT material.  Every song?  No, but there are too many songs where I'm listening to the music and there's 8,000 kickdrum hits underneath that just seem to overwhelm the material.  NONE of this is to disparage Mike; he's at the top of his game, no doubt.  I certainly RESPECT what he does, but it just does nothing for me from a visceral perspective.   He wasn't even considered on my list.

From a studio perspective, I agree about the bolded.  Live, I would disagree.  The three times I cared when I saw him live (I'm disregarding the TA show, because I've purged it from my memory), I've heard a lot of charm and charisma from the kit.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #767 on: June 01, 2023, 09:47:36 AM »

From a studio perspective, I agree about the bolded.  Live, I would disagree.  The three times I cared when I saw him live (I'm disregarding the TA show, because I've purged it from my memory), I've heard a lot of charm and charisma from the kit.

Yep, he's a fucking blast live, and so fun to watch.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #768 on: June 01, 2023, 09:54:45 AM »
My initial picks for the final #1 and #2, which would have been my #2 and #3, are locks. I am confident in a third, who would make my top 10. I have no idea who the final fourth is.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #769 on: June 01, 2023, 09:55:02 AM »
Like Paul said, "it's a me thing".  And I own it.  But I've seen DT four times since he's joined, and... well... I'm just not connecting.  I just get a vibe of "look how hard I'm working here!" and that's not my thing.