Author Topic: Top 25 Favorite Drummers countdown thread! (Number 1 & 2 Up!)  (Read 28253 times)

Online pg1067

Re: Top 25 Favorite Drummers countdown thread! (Lists due by 5/20)
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2023, 01:00:56 PM »
I think it will be interesting to see whether any band (perhaps I'm thinking of one band in particular) gets multiple drummers in the countdown and, if so, how they rank relative to each other.

I've got two from one band, which coincidentally happens to be the same two guys who were also in my top 10 singers...

I'm going to stretch my fat ass out on that limb and say you all are not talking about the same band/drummers. :) :) :)

I'm actually curious to whom HOF was referring.  I don't know any bands that have/had two drummers sing enough that anyone would consider them top 25 drummers and singers.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online HOF

« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2023, 01:10:28 PM »
I think it will be interesting to see whether any band (perhaps I'm thinking of one band in particular) gets multiple drummers in the countdown and, if so, how they rank relative to each other.

I've got two from one band, which coincidentally happens to be the same two guys who were also in my top 10 singers...

I'm going to stretch my fat ass out on that limb and say you all are not talking about the same band/drummers. :) :) :)

I'm actually curious to whom HOF was referring.  I don't know any bands that have/had two drummers sing enough that anyone would consider them top 25 drummers and singers.

To be fair, one of the two drummers only played on half of one album for this one band and did not sing for that band.

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2023, 01:19:36 PM »
I have three drummers from one band... none of them in my top singers though

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2023, 02:11:33 PM »
One thing I want to mention again is please, PLEASE check your spelling. There are a ton of misspellings that a simple google would take care of. Like "Peter Chris" for example, really guys? common...

I don't mind correcting lists as I go but don't get sour if I miss something and your boy loses a spot cause the name is misspelled and skewed the results.

Offline Kram

« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2023, 06:21:06 PM »

If you’re not familiar with the band in his profile photo, and specifically the drummer from that band, it would be tough to figure out.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2023, 09:58:44 AM »

To be fair, one of the two drummers only played on half of one album for this one band and did not sing for that band.

I know.  One of those guys is all OVER my list; the other, sadly, not even considered. 

Online HOF

« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2023, 11:47:51 AM »

I know.  One of those guys is all OVER my list; the other, sadly, not even considered.

Should be though!

Online pg1067

« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2023, 01:53:52 PM »

If you’re not familiar with the band in his profile photo, and specifically the drummer from that band, it would be tough to figure out.

I'm probably not, but the pictures are too small for me to know for sure.   :)
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2023, 02:02:26 PM »

I'm probably not, but the pictures are too small for me to know for sure.   :)

Have we identified that band?  Have we confirmed my guess or is it another band?  :) :P) :) :)

Offline Glasser

« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2023, 04:25:15 PM »
Genesis.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2023, 05:33:50 AM »
One thing I want to mention again is please, PLEASE check your spelling. There are a ton of misspellings that a simple google would take care of. Like "Peter Chris" for example, really guys? common...

So you're expecting George Peter John Criscuola??   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2023, 06:58:42 AM »

So you're expecting George Peter John Criscuola??   :lol

More likly Gerg P3te Jon Crisscola :lol

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2023, 07:13:29 AM »
Saw Änglagĺrd yesterday.... Mattias Olsson.... what a muscician. Drummer / percussionist extrordinaire.

Reminds me a lot of Pat Mastllotto in King Crimson altough Mattias was the sole drummer here

Almost ready to update my list

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2023, 08:00:57 AM »
Genesis.

What about HOF's avatar?  Top left could be Mike, but I don't see any "Genesis" in the other three pictures.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2023, 11:34:47 AM »

I don't mind correcting lists as I go but don't get sour if I miss something and your boy loses a spot cause the name is misspelled and skewed the results.

Welcome to my world.  :lol :lol  Enjoy! :P :P

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2023, 11:53:52 AM »

Welcome to my world.  :lol :lol  Enjoy! :P :P
I'm not sure how anyone would misspell one of their favorite musicians names. Having said that, I hope I didn't accidentally misspell something on my list. :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online HOF

« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2023, 12:16:48 PM »
Genesis.

What about HOF's avatar?  Top left could be Mike, but I don't see any "Genesis" in the other three pictures.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m02Do2ShXvI&pp=ygUUYmlnIGJpZyB0cmFpbiBlbXBpcmU%3D

Offline Kram

« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2023, 01:43:22 PM »
Genesis.

Big Big Train has become my 3rd favorite band of all time, only behind Rush and Dream Theater.  NDV is one of my favorite musicians and is top 5 on my drummers list.  The other guy also ranked high on my drummers list LOL

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2023, 01:54:40 PM »
Genesis.

Big Big Train has become my 3rd favorite band of all time, only behind Rush and Dream Theater.  NDV is one of my favorite musicians and is top 5 on my drummers list.  The other guy also ranked high on my drummers list LOL
Oh boy, I completely forgot about NDV. Although I doubt he would have cracked my top 25, he definitely would be in the top 50.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2023, 06:09:25 PM »
List sent!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2023, 05:19:12 AM »
Got em! Final few days left, 19 lists so far!

Offline The Realm

« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2023, 03:28:35 PM »
My list is in. Looking forward to this. A few drummers are pretty obvious and then after that will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2023, 03:47:09 PM »
Sent my list  :metal

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #163 on: May 16, 2023, 04:32:01 PM »
List sent!

Is yours mostly metal guys like mine?  :D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2023, 04:33:25 PM »
List sent!

It's probably a safe bet. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2023, 06:20:54 PM »
List sent!

Oh, are there other genres eligible are there?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2023, 06:21:14 PM »
List sent!

It's probably a safe bet. :lol

HEY!  You can't talk!  :biggrin:

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2023, 06:22:25 PM »
List sent!

The genres eligible are metal, rock, prog, prog rock, prog metal, and one list with a surprising amount of Korean and Japanese metal.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2023, 06:22:38 PM »
This forum will have officially jumped the shark if Lars Ulrich makes the top 25. 

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2023, 06:31:13 PM »
List sent!

The genres eligible are metal, rock, prog, prog rock, prog metal, and one list with a surprising amount of Korean and Japanese metal.

There will be multiple jazz-fusion players on mine. 

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2023, 06:31:39 PM »
List sent!

There will be multiple jazz-fusion players on mine.

INVALID!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2023, 06:35:12 PM »
Actually, I have one who is more of a technical fusion jazz guy, but still plays a lot of prog and metal haha.  I also have one guy from a 90's modern rock band.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2023, 06:40:20 PM »
This forum will have officially jumped the shark if Lars Ulrich makes the top 25. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2023, 06:48:40 PM »

I'll be shocked if he doesn't make it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2023, 06:51:13 PM »
He wasn't even on my short list.
aka Puppies_On_Acid