Author Topic: Top 25 Favorite Drummers countdown thread! (Number 1 & 2 Up!)  (Read 27986 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Top 25 Favorite Drummers countdown thread! (Lists due by 5/20)
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2023, 07:13:29 PM »
You still gotta follow your heart.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2023, 07:15:19 PM »
You still gotta follow your heart.
And never surrender.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2023, 07:35:44 PM »
I got 20 names down quite easily.  5 more shouldn't be hard.  Ranking them might be a little tricky though looking at the list.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2023, 07:52:33 PM »
I definitely have a few drummers I absolutely love but after that not so easy to really separate them. I'll pull together a list but this is much harder than top vocalists and guitarists.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2023, 09:39:58 PM »
I just watched the Triumph Rock n Roll Machine documentary on my flight today. It probably bumped Gil up a few spots … not like he had much room to move. The youngins around here simply can’t appreciate how big Triumph was in the early 80s. I dare say they were bigger than Rush - certainly leading up to and following the Us Festival. He’s definitely top 25 worthy. Such a shame Rik got snubbed from both the guitar and vocalist lists.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline HOF

« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2023, 10:00:19 PM »
There are probably some others I’d recognize if I heard them, but the only Triumph song I can think of that I know is “Fight the Good Fight.”

Offline Glasser

« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2023, 11:35:16 PM »
Poor Gil is just getting dragged in this thread

Never Say Never!

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2023, 07:15:35 AM »
I have zero interest in this, but I'll try and scrub up 25, somehow.

According to Wiki, Judas Priest alone have had 10 drummers. If you like Megadeth, then you got more than enough to choose from.  ;D

Dave Holland will not be making my list.  :lol

The drum machine on Ram it Down might though.

Dave Holland was strongly considered for my list, and is my favorite Priest drummer (well, Les Binks is pretty damn close).  I love those rolling fills on Heading Out To The Highway. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2023, 07:17:39 AM »
Dave Holland was strongly considered for my list, and is my favorite Priest drummer (well, Les Binks is pretty damn close).  I love those rolling fills on Heading Out To The Highway.

Heading Out To The Highway is my favorite Judas Priest song.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2023, 07:18:29 AM »
Uruguay - 0.5

But Rick Allen is English.

I am so sorry.

An art gallery near me was featuring some paintings he's done, I badly wanted one of them, but they're out of my range.  He makes some serious usage of that limb.

Were they charging an arm and a leg?
I wanted to continue this, but I'm stumped.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2023, 07:19:39 AM »
Uruguay - 0.5

But Rick Allen is English.

I am so sorry.

An art gallery near me was featuring some paintings he's done, I badly wanted one of them, but they're out of my range.  He makes some serious usage of that limb.

Were they charging an arm and a leg?
I wanted to continue this, but I'm stumped.

Well, you went out on a limb at least.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline romdrums

« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2023, 07:24:00 AM »
I need three more to get to 25..

I’m a drummer. Just sayin.

Ok, well I have Romdrums, Puppies, and now you to close it out.

Aww...thanks TAC!

My first list had over 50 on it, and whittling it down to 25 was tough.  I'm going to try again.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2023, 10:01:39 AM »
Got a list of drummers... just gotta rank them

Offline pg1067

« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2023, 10:08:45 AM »

- 3 different misspellings of Neil Peart

:biggrin: I'd be curious to see what these are...I can see "Neal" being one...but what else? I know his last name gets mispronounced...I guess misspelled too?  ;)

I'm guessing "Neal Peart," "Neil Pert" and "Neal Pert."  I suppose "Neel" or "Kneel" is also possible.

Looking at my list, I've got 13 guys I'm fairly certain will make the cut.  Maybe a couple others, so I'm going to guess somewhere between 12-16 for me.

Also, every guy in my top 8 is/was associated with a band who had both a guitar player and vocalist make those countdowns, and I have two guys who are/were in bands with both a vocalist and guitar player in the top 10.  I also have two drummer from bands with a guys whom I had on both my singer and guitarist lists, but none of them did/will make the consensus top 25 in any of the countdowns.  I also have a drummer who, while not making the vocalist top 25, probably got a lot of votes.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 10:16:36 AM by pg1067 »
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2023, 10:22:15 AM »

- 3 different misspellings of Neil Peart

:biggrin: I'd be curious to see what these are...I can see "Neal" being one...but what else? I know his last name gets mispronounced...I guess misspelled too?  ;)

I'm guessing "Neal Peart," "Neil Pert" and "Neal Pert."  I suppose "Neel" or "Kneel" is also possible.

Looking at my list, I've got 13 guys I'm fairly certain will make the cut.  Maybe a couple others, so I'm going to guess somewhere between 12-16 for me.

Also, every guy in my top 8 is/was associated with a band who had both a guitar player and vocalist make those countdowns, and I have two guys who are/were in bands with both a vocalist and guitar player in the top 10.  I also have two drummer from bands with a guys whom I had on both my singer and guitarist lists, but none of them did/will make the consensus top 25 in any of the countdowns.  I also have a drummer who, while not making the vocalist top 25, probably got a lot of votes.

I'm not going to count each one, but there's a LOT of BAND overlap between the three lists for me.  Not complete overlap, but significant.  I think there might be one person that actually overlaps. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 11:20:19 AM by Stadler »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2023, 10:38:52 AM »

Offline HOF

« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2023, 11:11:44 AM »
I have two in my top 10 who were also in my top 10 list for vocalists (you guys can probably guess them pretty easily).

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2023, 01:53:39 PM »

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2023, 03:31:20 AM »
List sent

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2023, 03:40:09 AM »
8 Great Britain
8 USA
3 Sweden
3 France
1 Netherlands
1 Germany
1 Canada

Offline Kram

« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2023, 12:26:22 PM »
I have two in my top 10 who were also in my top 10 list for vocalists (you guys can probably guess them pretty easily).
Well one of them I'm betting is in your profile photo.  And I've got a pretty good guess at the other one as well,

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2023, 01:31:39 PM »
Well one of them I'm betting is in your profile photo.  And I've got a pretty good guess at the other one as well,

You can see those people?  I just assumed that was HOF, his college roommate, his brother, and the guy who lives next door.  :)

Offline HOF

« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2023, 01:57:29 PM »

You can see those people?  I just assumed that was HOF, his college roommate, his brother, and the guy who lives next door.  :)

LOL, we would make an interesting group.

Offline Kram

« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2023, 03:03:30 PM »

Yeah, I knew that was a professional band in HOF's profile photo.  Now mine on the other hand, is my real photo.  How about you Stadler, is that your real photo? LOL

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2023, 03:04:11 PM »

Yeah, I knew that was a professional band in HOF's profile photo.  Now mine on the other hand, is my real photo.  How about you Stadler, is that your real photo? LOL

Absolutely!!!!  :)

Offline Kram

« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2023, 03:07:58 PM »

Absolutely!!!!  :)
I figured it was haha

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2023, 03:50:04 PM »
Wow, I searched the image to find out it's a wrestler.  All this time I thought that was Conleth Hill, who plays Lord Varys in Game of Thrones.   :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2023, 04:06:05 PM »
It's George The Animal Steele. Saw him live in a high school gym in 1982.

Offline Kram

« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2023, 04:18:12 PM »
It's George The Animal Steele. Saw him live in a high school gym in 1982.
Dang you guys are on to me.  Although I do look a little like him - only my back is hairier lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZjOdKsiOg 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2023, 07:32:35 PM »
I hope we are getting a lot of lists for this one!

LET'S GO PEOPLE! :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline pg1067

« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2023, 09:26:16 AM »
I think it will be interesting to see whether any band (perhaps I'm thinking of one band in particular) gets multiple drummers in the countdown and, if so, how they rank relative to each other.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline HOF

« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2023, 09:30:48 AM »
I think it will be interesting to see whether any band (perhaps I'm thinking of one band in particular) gets multiple drummers in the countdown and, if so, how they rank relative to each other.

I've got two from one band, which coincidentally happens to be the same two guys who were also in my top 10 singers...

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2023, 09:54:55 AM »

I've got two from one band, which coincidentally happens to be the same two guys who were also in my top 10 singers...

I'm going to stretch my fat ass out on that limb and say you all are not talking about the same band/drummers. :) :) :)

Offline HOF

« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2023, 10:09:32 AM »

I'm going to stretch my fat ass out on that limb and say you all are not talking about the same band/drummers. :) :) :)

Heh, I’ve only ever heard one of the two drummers pg1067 is probably referring to sing.