Author Topic: Sifting - anyone like these guys?  (Read 651 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Sifting - anyone like these guys?
« on: June 06, 2023, 08:20:31 AM »
On Sunday night, I had on Liquid Metal on Sirius, and the band Sifting comes on. I had never heard of them before. Heard a great riff, proggy stuff, and then a singer who is clearly influenced by Avenged Sevenfold, and then older metal. I looked them up, an LA-based prog metal band that hails from Venezuela, I believe.

Came on here, and saw that Stads saw them open for Sons of Apollo?

The opening act, The Sifting, wasn't earth-shattering, but they were WAY better than they should have been for an opening act on a three-act bill in a club with 500, 750 people tops.   Singer was a little over the top, and he has to work on his sound (he was throwing shapes like a madman, but it was as if his guitar wasn't plugged in.  Loses it's effect!) but I would check them out again.

I listened to their last two albums (I prefer the 2017 release Not From Here), and think they have a lot of promise. Anyone else diggin' these guys? I went to their website to buy their catalog, and its not accepting online orders, which is weird. Got a message to contact the band through the website. So I sent them a note yesterday. Waiting to hear.

Here's a link to their album Not From Here on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIr9KhX9zVU&list=OLAK5uy_nAVOIRP9mRUCDSoHt-VPBNZ5-ft4YNPR0
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Sifting - anyone like these guys?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 09:00:55 AM »
I have The Infinite Loop, Not From Here, and All The Hated in my Spotify Library. Yes they are very good.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Architeuthis

Re: Sifting - anyone like these guys?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 09:11:05 PM »
I saw them open for Sons of Apollo at The Showbox in 2018.  They were quite good especially their guitar player. The singer was good but seemed a bit WAVY for a prog metal type band.  I met all of them after the show and bought their cd.  They were all very cool guys.   Unlike my encounter with Derek Sherenian shortly after, lol!   :tdwn
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP