Author Topic: pg1067 on Jeopardy!  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: pg1067 on Jeopardy!
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2023, 12:11:38 PM »
So that picture implies that the majority of the Wheel background is CGI or something like that.  The show is lit up like a Kiss concert, but that seems to be a rather pedestrian, white stage.

Yeah...it was very much a BIG open stage.  We talked about whether they used CGI or backdrops.  I think most of us concluded that it was backdrops.  What you can't see from the photo are the dozens and dozens of lights mounted in the ceiling.  I also liked that they had not one, but two, signs saying not to uncover or touch the Wheel under any circumstances.

No 69 or 420 as part of the number in the final round wagers?  Those are the fun numbers.

I thought it was amusing that it was part of the lecture they gave us, which tells me that, at some point, someone wagered these numbers and they had a problem with it.

yeah, well, they didn't say anything about wagering 80085 dollars, did they?  :) :) :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2023, 12:27:41 PM »
Oh wow, this is awesome  :metal :metal I'll have to try and catch it

Offline pg1067

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2023, 12:50:55 PM »
So that picture implies that the majority of the Wheel background is CGI or something like that.  The show is lit up like a Kiss concert, but that seems to be a rather pedestrian, white stage.

Yeah...it was very much a BIG open stage.  We talked about whether they used CGI or backdrops.  I think most of us concluded that it was backdrops.  What you can't see from the photo are the dozens and dozens of lights mounted in the ceiling.  I also liked that they had not one, but two, signs saying not to uncover or touch the Wheel under any circumstances.

No 69 or 420 as part of the number in the final round wagers?  Those are the fun numbers.

I thought it was amusing that it was part of the lecture they gave us, which tells me that, at some point, someone wagered these numbers and they had a problem with it.

yeah, well, they didn't say anything about wagering 80085 dollars, did they?  :) :) :)

I guess if they ever bump up the dollars again, this might become an issue.  I think, however, they won't ever have to worry about 2,318,008.  :lol

Now that I think about it, though, I'm a little surprised 7,734 isn't one of the naughty numbers.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2023, 01:03:10 PM »

By the way, during one of the rehearsal games, I hit a Daily Double and wagered $2,112.  They were ok with that!

Of course you did! LOL.

If it were me, I would have done 2112 too!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2023, 10:53:48 AM »
Man, I get you would have lost your mind if one of the categories in your round was "progressive metal."  Couldn't ask for a better fix unless you are Rosie Perez and get "Foods that start with the letter 'Q.'"
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2023, 09:28:45 AM »
Well...the day has arrived!

If you ever wanted to know the most basic biographical information about me delivered by a guy with an Indian accent, this guy apparently does videos for everyone on Jeopardy:  https://youtu.be/HarDwTRf8KA  For whatever reason, I find his videos hilarious.

Fortunately (I hope), I don't think a video like this will be made about me:  https://youtu.be/UOZlTXBY8Bs
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2023, 09:40:10 AM »
Man, I get you would have lost your mind if one of the categories in your round was "progressive metal."  Couldn't ask for a better fix unless you are Rosie Perez and get "Foods that start with the letter 'Q.'"

:rollin
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2023, 09:41:46 AM »

If you ever wanted to know the most basic biographical information about me delivered by a guy with an Indian accent, this guy apparently does videos for everyone on Jeopardy:  https://youtu.be/HarDwTRf8KA  For whatever reason, I find his videos hilarious.
That's fuckin' weird.  But hey, congrats on being deemed a "respectable" person.  :biggrin:

Fortunately (I hope), I don't think a video like this will be made about me:  https://youtu.be/UOZlTXBY8Bs
I remember that.  That really was pretty bad.

Please don't do that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2023, 09:43:53 AM »

I have so many question....starting with why  :lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2023, 09:50:11 AM »

I have so many question....starting with why  :lol

I was texting with the current champ, Kevin, who was telling me that his plan to have about 50 people watch his first episode last Friday at a bar got kiboshed by the NFL draft.  For whatever reason, I then googled his name and "jeopardy" and found the guy's video and sent him a link.  I don't know why, but I think his affectations are amusing.  He also does Final Jeopardy summary videos that are equally as good.   :lol

That's fuckin' weird.  But hey, congrats on being deemed a "respectable" person.  :biggrin:

If only he knew!  I'm tempted to comment on the video about what an a-hole I actually am.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2023, 02:02:44 PM »
Sir, it seems your image host went kaput. Don't suppose you could re-upload them to imgur? I'd like to see them.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2023, 02:06:02 PM »
Sir, it seems your image host went kaput. Don't suppose you could re-upload them to imgur? I'd like to see them.

One of them was this picture (I'm the guy in the middle):  https://www.jeopardy.com/contestant-zone

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2023, 02:08:35 PM »
So, Amanda is.... A Customer?? :lol

Nevermind, I misread that. I was like WTF??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2023, 02:43:16 PM »

One of them was this picture (I'm the guy in the middle):  https://www.jeopardy.com/contestant-zone

I freaked out for a second when I saw Rossmoor, there's one about 5 miles from where I live in the Bay and I was gonna be hella pissed that we never met up  :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2023, 03:52:28 PM »

I freaked out for a second when I saw Rossmoor, there's one about 5 miles from where I live in the Bay and I was gonna be hella pissed that we never met up  :lol

I didn't even know the one up there existed until a few years ago.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2023, 04:53:26 PM »

The majority of it is an uber rich retirement community.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2023, 05:14:41 PM »

The majority of it is an uber rich retirement community.

Oh then that is where Paul lives. Don't let the stained shirt fool you.   ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2023, 05:36:07 PM »
Watching now! :metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2023, 05:41:36 PM »
WOOOOTTTT!!

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2023, 05:54:56 PM »
It's Final Jeopardy time!

I'm going to the bathroom! I can't watch! :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2023, 06:32:10 PM »
I wouldn't have gotten it, and TB was my second choice.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2023, 07:18:19 PM »
Hey no spoilers for us West coast folk...I still got 42 minutes to wait.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2023, 08:23:44 PM »
I hope the Kraken game goes to intermission before it starts. It’s going to be pushing it.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jammindude

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2023, 08:29:11 PM »
Literally just went to intermission at 7:28 PM. Switching over now.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2023, 08:30:52 PM »
Respectable showing, shame you couldnt give us a shout out though :p

I was trying to telepathically send you the food answers man...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 08:57:34 PM by lonestar »

Offline jammindude

« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2023, 08:35:56 PM »
You’re not sucking as bad as Amanda! :rollin :rollin

Offline jammindude

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2023, 08:43:04 PM »
In the lead at the break! This is freaking awesome!!!

Offline jammindude

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2023, 09:00:00 PM »
Re: Final Jeopardy

I immediately thought it was your answer. I would never have guessed the answer it turned out to be.

Great showing Paul! Congratulations on getting your dream appearance!

Now that it’s over, is the gag order completely off? What other experiences can you share about being on the show? How much of your final winnings do you actually get to keep?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2023, 09:02:26 PM »
I got thrown off by the '3 part vaccine' part of the question and immediately went to the MMR vaccine. Totally wrong lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2023, 09:02:27 PM »
I frantically racked my brain thinking of those immunization certs my kids have for school and couldn't come up with that final response. 

Paul, this was amazing. Thank you for allowing us to accompany you on this exciting journey. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline faizoff

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2023, 09:17:35 PM »
Ah man missed this, will this be on youtube or somewhere?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2023, 09:45:11 PM »
Remembered to watch tonight! Great to see you able to do this!

Final Jeopardy goes the other way and the game was yours, a nice consistent showing throughout.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline pg1067

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2023, 09:53:15 PM »
Thanks for all the well wishes!

WOOOOTTTT!!

Couldn't have gotten a better pause?!   :lol

I wouldn't have gotten it, and TB was my second choice.

The part of the clue referring to a 3-part vaccine didn't really mean anything to me, so all I really had to go on were the year (which also didn't mean anything to me) and "respiratory illness."  TB was really the only thing that came to mind.

Respectable showing, shame you couldnt give us a shout out though :p

I was trying to telepathically send you the food answers man...

LOL!  I was not happy seeing a veggie category come up.  However, I got 2 of them (and the "vegan" clue), so that wasn't so bad.  And I definitely had in mind to do something DTF-related.  Frankly, DT could have theoretically led me to the DTaP vaccine, but unlikely.  I have a doctor friend who thought it was diphtheria, so I don't feel too bad.

Now that it’s over, is the gag order completely off? What other experiences can you share about being on the show? How much of your final winnings do you actually get to keep?

Yeah...AFAIK, I'm under no restrictions, and I'll post some more stuff tomorrow.  My guess is that they'll deduct 20% from the $2k check and send that to the IRS, but they probably won't deduct for state taxes.  It'll buy a few steaks and some beer for sure!

Ah man missed this, will this be on youtube or somewhere?

https://youtu.be/18H4IiE7Qsg

Offline faizoff

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2023, 10:08:08 PM »
https://youtu.be/18H4IiE7Qsg

Sweet! I knew the Robert DeNiro answer! I think that was the only one.

You were great on the show Paul!

After watching the whole thing, I knew quite a few of those. You were so calm and composed when telling your anecdote, I would've crumpled.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 10:27:27 PM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2023, 05:13:05 AM »
The video is set to private :(
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.