Author Topic: The "Let's see if Twosuitsluke can guess your favourite artist/album" game.  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Glasser

I think my favorite band/artist is pretty obvious yeah. My favorite album is a more controversial one, but it hasn't changed in over a decade. :corn

I'll have a think on your favourite artist. As for album, The Astonishing hasn't been out 10 years yet :neverusethis:

I hate that album, but you're actually not too far off. :lol

I have a few guesses.... I'll pm you.

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
You might be able to guess mine pretty easily, let's see how this goes.

Offline nick_z

Curious to see if you guess mine…not very hard, actually…favorite album is not by my favorite band (although among the very favorites, for sure)

Mentioned  several times, not sure if in threads you frequent the most, though.

Fire away!

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
My RYM will definitely help you narrow it down if you don't know. :biggrin:

I'm not going to cheat, but is your favourite Porcupine Tree or some shit?

Close! They're one of my favorite bands and I've got one of their albums in my top five.

Hmmmm, I'm honestly unsure about your favourite. Should it be painfully obvious?

Yes.

You've quoted Buddy. His favourite should be painfully obvious, or yours should be?

Mine.

Dwarves  :lol or Motorhead (which I already guessed above).

No, but here's a HUGE hint. My top singers list.

I had to check, but ewwwwww KISS.

I think my favorite band/artist is pretty obvious yeah. My favorite album is a more controversial one, but it hasn't changed in over a decade. :corn

I'll have a think on your favourite artist. As for album, The Astonishing hasn't been out 10 years yet :neverusethis:

Black Clouds and Silver Linings it is then.

I'm pretty sure yours is Haken or Between the Buried and Me.

Curious to see if you guess mine…not very hard, actually…favorite album is not by my favorite band (although among the very favorites, for sure)

Fire away!

Yours is a bit more of a challenge Nick. Probably wrong, but I want to say something like Paradise Lost.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 04:40:32 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline Revenge319

They're two of my favorites, but neither are my #1.

Offline twosuitsluke

Dream Theater too obvious?

Mine are probably softballs, hopefully. 

Also, I'm a dumbass and Katatonia has gotta be the front runner for you.

If Lethean posts, I'm getting in there quick and guessing his in advance.

Offline Kram

If you look back at my post history you could find mine pretty easily, as I know I've specifically stated this is my favorite artist/band of all time. If you're not looking at past posts, it might be difficult.

And HOF - I'm pretty sure I know who yours is - although BBT would have been my first guess.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Crow, I'd say you are fully in your pop phase, so I don't even know where to begin.
my favorite band as of late has been the paper chase and my favorite album of last year was dissonant death metal so iiiii dunno about that  :rollin

Offline twosuitsluke

If you look back at my post history you could find mine pretty easily, as I know I've specifically stated this is my favorite artist/band of all time. If you're not looking at past posts, it might be difficult.

And HOF - I'm pretty sure I know who yours is - although BBT would have been my first guess.

Yea I'm not looking at past posts, I'm just going off my knowledge based on participating in roulettes and posting in various threads. I have no idea for yours dude as I don't think we post in the same threads often.

Crow, I'd say you are fully in your pop phase, so I don't even know where to begin.
my favorite band as of late has been the paper chase and my favorite album of last year was dissonant death metal so iiiii dunno about that  :rollin

Shows what I know  :lol

Offline Kram

Yea I'm not looking at past posts, I'm just going off my knowledge based on participating in roulettes and posting in various threads. I have no idea for yours dude as I don't think we post in the same threads often.
You're probably right and I haven't participated in any roulette's.  It's Rush though. 

Offline twosuitsluke

You're probably right and I haven't participated in any roulette's.  It's Rush though.
Yea, I'm not really a Rush fan so don't venture into their thread, so it was slim chance I'd get yours I'm afraid.

Offline Revenge319

Dream Theater too obvious?

Yeah, Dream Theater's still my favorite. I don't listen to much Dream Theater these days since there's so much other stuff I want to check out and I have over 90% of their songs memorized front-to-back anyway. But when I do listen to Dream Theater, I still love their music as much as I always have.

Offline Glasser

Yes Luke, Kiss.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Is weird jazz shit really a softball? I am honestly unsure for you dude, you like a lot. I'm guessing something melodeath, featuring either Jeff Loomis or Dan Swanö  :lol

Considering I know people who actually like a lot of the real "weird jazz shit" (avant-garde and free jazz in particular), I'm not that bonkers, but compared to typical favorites here, probably.  No actual melodeath in my absolute apex favorites, but a few things adjacent to it.  Nevermore is probably my third favorite or so, so that's pretty close.  Nightingale is maybe my sixth favorite or thereabouts, so that's pretty close too, and Dan has other projects like Edge of Sanity which are melodeath at times, so that's not too far off. 

Also, I'm a dumbass and Katatonia has gotta be the front runner for you.

Yeah, that's basically right. 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
I'm sure I've mentioned my favorite band and favorite album on more than one occasion on the forums, so this should be easy for you. :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train

You know, on a good day that might be my third favorite DT album. It's very underrated. But it's definitely not my favorite.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Glasser

I love MANY bands but these are my top 5.

1) Kiss.
2) Ozzy.
3) Judas Priest.
4) Metallica.
5) Black Flag.

Offline HOF

It’s close, actually. I probably am more enthusiastic about BBT right now just because they are a little less well known and a little more active. I just have a longer history with this other band, who are well known in these parts but just don’t seem to generate a ton of discussion.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Have at it.  Should be pretty easy and I've mentioned both my fav band and album quite a number of times.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline nick_z

Fire away!

Yours is a bit more of a challenge Nick. Probably wrong, but I want to say something like Paradise Lost.

Paradise Lost is in my top 5, so that’s an excellent guess. But no, not my favorite.

Both my favorite album and band (which, again, is different) are not shockers for DTF, I’d say :)

Offline SoundscapeMN

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned these several times (Artist, Band, Album, and Concert even), but give it a go if you wish.

You've got a pretty varied taste dude and honestly I'm not even sure where to begin. Give us a hint?

hmm...I've gone over all of them at points on My YouTube channel over the last couple of years, but maybe more clear for some of it is found in My Lists Topic.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
I've mentioned my favourite band here a couple of times, let's see if you can find out. Don't think I've mentioned my favourite album though (there's two that can claim that title).
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline twosuitsluke

Yes Luke, Kiss.

I'm sure I've mentioned my favorite band and favorite album on more than one occasion on the forums, so this should be easy for you. :corn

Moonsorrow for the band. Album? That Marillion one where the kid is holding marbles up to his eyes. Next!

You know, on a good day that might be my third favorite DT album. It's very underrated. But it's definitely not my favorite.

I personally love it too, definitely a top 5 Dream Theater release. Are we talking a controversial Dream Theater release for you?

Have at it.  Should be pretty easy and I've mentioned both my fav band and album quite a number of times.

Your top 5 artists are all Winger? Album, not sure but Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe is up there.

Fire away!

Paradise Lost is in my top 5, so that’s an excellent guess. But no, not my favorite.

Both my favorite album and band (which, again, is different) are not shockers for DTF, I’d say :)

Dream Theater by any chance?  :lol

I've mentioned my favourite band here a couple of times, let's see if you can find out. Don't think I've mentioned my favourite album though (there's two that can claim that title).

Easily The Beatles as your favourite band. I'll say Abbey Road as the album, but that may be too obvious.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni

Easily The Beatles as your favourite band. I'll say Abbey Road as the album, but that may be too obvious.

Yes, you're right (on both accounts!). The other favourite album is Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys. I'm impressed.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline twosuitsluke

Yes, you're right (on both accounts!). The other favourite album is Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys. I'm impressed.

I feel like you've mentioned The Beatles a lot, and as a fellow fan, it stuck with me. I think it helps me remember who everyone is on DTF if I remember what they love. It's also something that helps in roulettes, as knowing your host is important, not that I've ever been able to win more than one!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I don't think I even have a single favourite artist, but I'm sure you could pick out a selection that I love.

Family ties aside? Haken is an obvious one. As for a selection, how about Frank Turner, The Dear Hunter and Nobuo Uematsu.
I love Uematsu but wouldn't put him up there as an absolute favourite. The other three, yes. Other good choices would have been Insomnium, Pain of Salvation, Anathema, Gacharic Spin.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline twosuitsluke

I don't think I even have a single favourite artist, but I'm sure you could pick out a selection that I love.

Family ties aside? Haken is an obvious one. As for a selection, how about Frank Turner, The Dear Hunter and Nobuo Uematsu.
I love Uematsu but wouldn't put him up there as an absolute favourite. The other three, yes. Other good choices would have been Insomnium, Pain of Salvation, Anathema, Gacharic Spin.

You should reevaluate your stance on Uematsu  :lol

To be fair, I wouldn't have guessed those other 4 as your absolute favourites, so I've learnt something there.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Your top 5 artists are all Winger? Album, not sure but Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe is up there.

Hmmm....why did you think this thread was a good idea again?   :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

To be fair, I wouldn't have guessed those other 4 as your absolute favourites, so I've learnt something there.
I mean, he's on the long list of favourites in my RYM page! But if I have to whittle it down to a half-dozen or so really top favourites, a minimum requirement is to have at least one 10/10 album.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline twosuitsluke

Hmmm....why did you think this thread was a good idea again?   :lol

I did say it would be a shit show. You haven't denied Winger being your favourite, so I win.

Offline twosuitsluke

I mean, he's on the long list of favourites in my RYM page! But if I have to whittle it down to a half-dozen or so really top favourites, a minimum requirement is to have at least one 10/10 album.

That's OK, he's got multiple! I'm mainly counting the first two Distant Worlds albums and the first Black Mages album (even though it's technically a solo Uematsu album). Not to mention the FFVI & VII soundtracks being the pinnacle of a video game soundtrack to me.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

That's OK, he's got multiple! I'm mainly counting the first two Distant Worlds albums and the first Black Mages album (even though it's technically a solo Uematsu album). Not to mention the FFVI & VII soundtracks being the pinnacle of a video game soundtrack to me.
I like the first three Distant Worlds albums but at more of an 8/10 level than 10/10. :lol I have given him a 9/10 though, for the Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec arrangements of FFVIII music, that's a hell of a great disc.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline twosuitsluke

I like the first three Distant Worlds albums but at more of an 8/10 level than 10/10. :lol I have given him a 9/10 though, for the Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec arrangements of FFVIII music, that's a hell of a great disc.
Not quite as good as the ones I mentioned, for me, but still a hell of an album.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
So about 50% of my posting is in the Star Trek thread, which means my favorite album must be 'The Transformed Man' by William Shatner, right?  Wrong.  I think I may have mentioned it here a few times, but how much deep diving into the posting history of someone who talks Star Trek 50% of the time is up to you!

Offline twosuitsluke

So about 50% of my posting is in the Star Trek thread, which means my favorite album must be 'The Transformed Man' by William Shatner, right?  Wrong.  I think I may have mentioned it here a few times, but how much deep diving into the posting history of someone who talks Star Trek 50% of the time is up to you!
This is exactly what I'm talking about! I have never (and probably never will) set foot in the Star Trek thread, so have missed half your posts  :lol

Just saying though, if Arnold Rimmer was in Star Trek, I'd be way more likely to watch.

I'm not going into people's post history dude, just going off my own knowledge and memory. I'm completely drawing a blank for you. Any hints? You're from the UK right? That gonna give me any leads?