Author Topic: The "Let's see if Twosuitsluke can guess your favourite artist/album" game.  (Read 3668 times)

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Tim's comment in the What Album Thread (about whether he was supposed to know what the hell the album that I posted was) got me thinking about everyone's tastes on here, and a game that could come out of it.

After being here for nearly 10 years I feel like I've got a pretty good handle on most of the regulars tastes and favourites, so I'll put my money where my mouth is, so to speak.

Comment in this thread and I'll come back with what I think I know to be your favourite artist or album (or both).

Let the shit show begin...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 02:47:05 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
Re: Let's see if Twosuitsluke can guess your favourite artist/album game.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 11:55:11 AM »
Let’s start you off with something easy  ;)

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 11:57:32 AM »

Devin Townsend, but honestly I wouldn't have guessed that before you started the thread.

Give me a clue on your favourite album?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 12:00:02 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I got a game for you!!!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2023, 12:06:51 PM »

Your favourite artist is UFO, this I know. As for album, probably a UFO album, a Maiden album or Images and Words.

I got a game for you!!!

But in all honesty, I'd come over to your house to play this game. That was an invite right?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2023, 12:08:43 PM »

Your favourite artist is UFO, this I know. As for album, probably a UFO album, a Maiden album or Images and Words.

Woop! You got it!!

I have a three headed favorite..

UFO/Iron Maiden/Dream Theater

Fave album is indeed I&W.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Mine are probably softballs, hopefully. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2023, 12:16:32 PM »

Smashes, Thrashes & Hits - Let's Put The X in Sex.  AMIRITE?  :lol

Both for me please.  I know I've let it slip before on my album.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 12:21:45 PM by Kingly Gizz & Liz Wiz Bizzy »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I don't think I even have a single favourite artist, but I'm sure you could pick out a selection that I love.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2023, 12:18:04 PM »
  I know I've let it slip before on my album.

Yeah, and then you had to wipe it off.

Offline SoundscapeMN

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned these several times (Artist, Band, Album, and Concert even), but give it a go if you wish.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2023, 12:22:18 PM »
  I know I've let it slip before on my album.

Yeah, and then you had to wipe it off.

From the drool of my CD cover.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
My RYM will definitely help you narrow it down if you don't know. :biggrin:
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
the fun part is that i honestly don't know the answer to either of these at any given time, but i'm curious what -you- think it is  :corn

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2023, 01:11:28 PM »

Devin Townsend, but honestly I wouldn't have guessed that before you started the thread.

Give me a clue on your favourite album?

Your clue is: It’s literally stated in my thread   :biggrin:

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
 :corn :corn :corn

Online twosuitsluke

Mine are probably softballs, hopefully.

Is weird jazz shit really a softball? I am honestly unsure for you dude, you like a lot. I'm guessing something melodeath, featuring either Jeff Loomis or Dan Swanö  :lol

Smashes, Thrashes & Hits - Let's Put The X in Sex.  AMIRITE?  :lol

Both for me please.  I know I've let it slip before on my album.

Your favourite is all in your name right? :neverusethis:

You're a tough one King. I'm probably way off the mark here but is The Raven That Refused to Sing up there as one of your all time favourites?

I don't think I even have a single favourite artist, but I'm sure you could pick out a selection that I love.

Family ties aside? Haken is an obvious one. As for a selection, how about Frank Turner, The Dear Hunter and Nobuo Uematsu.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned these several times (Artist, Band, Album, and Concert even), but give it a go if you wish.

You've got a pretty varied taste dude and honestly I'm not even sure where to begin. Give us a hint?

I'm not going to cheat, but is your favourite Porcupine Tree or some shit?

the fun part is that i honestly don't know the answer to either of these at any given time, but i'm curious what -you- think it is  :corn

Well, am I guessing Parama, Cyril or Crow?

For Parama the answer is East of the Wall and The Apologist, obvs.

Cyril, some obscure atmospheric black metal.

Crow, I'd say you are fully in your pop phase, so I don't even know where to begin.

Geneal favourites include Spectral Lore, Hammock, My Chemical Romance and Thank You Scientist.

:corn :corn :corn

Artists? Something Steven Wilson, or trip hop.

Albums, I coud go way back and say Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack or something like Weather Systems. But also, something like ...Endtroducing or a Mike Oldfield might be in with a chance. Covered all bases?

Offline Glasser

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train

Close! They're one of my favorite bands and I've got one of their albums in my top five.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/

Offline HOF

If the search worked at all, I'd say this might not be too hard, but it doesn't so we'll see!

Online twosuitsluke

Close! They're one of my favorite bands and I've got one of their albums in my top five.

Hmmmm, I'm honestly unsure about your favourite. Should it be painfully obvious?

Dude, we have such a lot of crossover but I don't think I've honed in on what your favourites are yet. Guess you better run a roulette! Is it too obvious to say Motorhead?!  :lol

If the search worked at all, I'd say this might not be too hard, but it doesn't so we'll see!

I could easily cheat my way through this but I'm trying to play it honestly. I really don't know with you dude. I don't think we have a whole heap of crossover, and nothing immediately springs to mind. Throw me a bone?

Offline Glasser

Hmmmm, I'm honestly unsure about your favourite. Should it be painfully obvious?

Yes.

Online twosuitsluke

Yes.

You've quoted Buddy. His favourite should be painfully obvious, or yours should be?

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
I think my favorite band/artist is pretty obvious yeah. My favorite album is a more controversial one, but it hasn't changed in over a decade. :corn

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Close twosuitsluke!  Ravens is my second favorite album of all time.

The hint is in my misspelled name.  It's "A MESSAGE FROM H.R.H. KING LERXT." 

I had to misspell the combined words to get an email.  Google it. It's notes in a tour book about the recording of my favorite album.

It's TAC approved(not).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Glasser

Yes.

You've quoted Buddy. His favourite should be painfully obvious, or yours should be?

Mine.

Online twosuitsluke

I think my favorite band/artist is pretty obvious yeah. My favorite album is a more controversial one, but it hasn't changed in over a decade. :corn

I'll have a think on your favourite artist. As for album, The Astonishing hasn't been out 10 years yet :neverusethis:
Close twosuitsluke!  Ravens is my second favorite album of all time.

Fuck yea!

Offline HOF

I could easily cheat my way through this but I'm trying to play it honestly. I really don't know with you dude. I don't think we have a whole heap of crossover, and nothing immediately springs to mind. Throw me a bone?

You could get there within one degree of separation from the band in my avatar, but that might take a little research and/or guess work.

Online twosuitsluke

Yes.

Mine.

Dwarves  :lol or Motorhead (which I already guessed above).

Online twosuitsluke

You could get there within one degree of separation from the band in my avatar, but that might take a little research and/or guess work.

I guess it would help if I knew who the band in your avatar are  :lol

Offline Glasser

Yes.

Mine.

Dwarves  :lol or Motorhead (which I already guessed above).

No, but here's a HUGE hint. My top singers list.

Offline HOF

I guess it would help if I knew who the band in your avatar are  :lol

Big Big Train. A member of my favorite band, who also played on my favorite album, played on one of their albums.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train

I'll have a think on your favourite artist. As for album, The Astonishing hasn't been out 10 years yet :neverusethis:

I hate that album, but you're actually not too far off. :lol