Author Topic: DreamSonic 2023  (Read 67361 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DreamSonic 2023
« Reply #2100 on: August 04, 2023, 09:26:51 AM »
Welcome to DTF, PMS!
Maybe use Summer instead  :lol

That didn't come out right, did it?  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2101 on: August 04, 2023, 09:28:25 AM »
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #2102 on: August 04, 2023, 09:52:31 AM »
Thank you, and I did not think about that when signing up...

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2103 on: August 04, 2023, 11:23:46 AM »
Thank you, and I did not think about that when signing up...
It was a joke for TAC, happy to have another member on board  :metal

Hope you get to catch them on their next tour.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2105 on: August 04, 2023, 12:47:37 PM »
Steve Vai is doing a meet and greet packages that includes a front 2 row seat, m&g with photo, invitation to a pre-show conversation, invitation to soundcheck, and tour of his gear. Now THAT is something I wouldn't think twice about doing for DT...wonder if they could ever make it a little more personal for $300 or even $500.

I've no interest in ever doing one of these but I am curious. How long is a typical meet-and-greet for Dream Theater? I mean not for each individual but as a whole. I wonder if it's more of a time issue for the band.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #2106 on: August 04, 2023, 12:49:31 PM »
Steve Vai is doing a meet and greet packages that includes a front 2 row seat, m&g with photo, invitation to a pre-show conversation, invitation to soundcheck, and tour of his gear. Now THAT is something I wouldn't think twice about doing for DT...wonder if they could ever make it a little more personal for $300 or even $500.

I've no interest in ever doing one of these but I am curious. How long is a typical meet-and-greet for Dream Theater? I mean not for each individual but as a whole. I wonder if it's more of a time issue for the band.

It's squished into 1-hr with about 50(??) or more people. There is not much time for talking with the band members.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2107 on: August 04, 2023, 01:17:19 PM »

It's squished into 1-hr with about 50(??) or more people. There is not much time for talking with the band members.

That's understandable.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #2108 on: August 04, 2023, 03:49:36 PM »
I did one many years ago, don't remember exactly which tour but it was back in the Portnoy days.

To be honest it was shorter than I expected. I guess they had a packed schedule and lots of fans to meet. But even in that short time, I had a blast! The band members were down-to-earth and cool, just like I had hoped. I managed to exchange a few words with each of them, and they even signed my old Dream Theater poster (SFAM).

I told them how their music had inspired me through thick and thin. They seemed genuinely touched and Mike thanked me for being a dedicated fan all these years. Their appreciation meant the world to me.
The quick photo was a bit rushed, but I don't care - having a snapshot with Dream Theater is something I'll cherish forever!

So, even though it was a brief encounter (and not cheap LOL), I'm very grateful I got to to meet my idols at least once.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #2109 on: August 05, 2023, 03:24:32 AM »
I still remember the 2014 Moscow show when they were touring the self-titled album and celebrating Awake. James was outstanding there. I was blown away.
He really was amazing on that tour. And those cellphone microphones were quite a lot worse and emphasized certain frequencies a whole lot more than they do today, and yet he sounds quite good on those cellphone recordings :angel: :hat

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2110 on: August 05, 2023, 06:48:48 AM »
I still remember the 2014 Moscow show when they were touring the self-titled album and celebrating Awake. James was outstanding there. I was blown away.
He really was amazing on that tour. And those cellphone microphones were quite a lot worse and emphasized certain frequencies a whole lot more than they do today, and yet he sounds quite good on those cellphone recordings :angel: :hat

Or maybe he was sharp the whole time and the cell phone recordings made him sound on key.  :biggrin:
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2111 on: August 05, 2023, 07:03:32 AM »

Or maybe he was sharp the whole time and the cell phone recordings made him sound on key.  :biggrin:

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Skeever

« Reply #2112 on: August 05, 2023, 07:23:28 AM »

:lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2113 on: August 05, 2023, 07:26:49 AM »

:tup :tup :tup
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
« Reply #2114 on: August 05, 2023, 07:59:07 AM »

:lol

It's uncanny how every year Apple releases a new phone but it doesn't impact JP, JR or JM

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2115 on: August 05, 2023, 09:25:01 AM »
So... there's no Dreamsonic merchandise available from DT's website??

• PR permission
« Reply #2116 on: August 05, 2023, 09:32:10 PM »
I guess not. Super low budget on their part. Maybe they'd have to split the profits 3 ways and weren't sure how many they would sell? Not sure what happened there.

I do think we're going to see another DreamSonic effort so maybe next time.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2117 on: August 18, 2023, 03:14:30 PM »
just wanted to drop a line saying i saw dreamsonic 2023 and it ruled. i loved devin's set so much, the energy was very high and it was perhaps even higher than dream theaters!!   :rollin

anyways, during the early part of the dream theater set, james labrie made a rude comment about taylor swift, and while he later apologized for it, there were definitely some upset people in the audience (she was playing in our city the same night, and previous night). did anyone hear about this? wild stuff. he came back out during the encore and apologized and called taylor a leader in her field. pretty interesting words, i thought!  :yarr
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2118 on: August 18, 2023, 03:37:34 PM »
anyways, during the early part of the dream theater set, james labrie made a rude comment about taylor swift, and while he later apologized for it, there were definitely some upset people in the audience (she was playing in our city the same night, and previous night). did anyone hear about this? wild stuff. he came back out during the encore and apologized and called taylor a leader in her field. pretty interesting words, i thought!  :yarr

We talked about it in this thread when it happened. I don't know what the date was, but you can scroll back to when it happened and see the posts on it.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2119 on: August 18, 2023, 04:12:30 PM »

We talked about it in this thread when it happened. I don't know what the date was, but you can scroll back to when it happened and see the posts on it.

ah, okay. thank you!  :corn
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

• PR permission
« Reply #2120 on: August 18, 2023, 07:39:02 PM »
just wanted to drop a line saying i saw dreamsonic 2023 and it ruled. i loved devin's set so much, the energy was very high and it was perhaps even higher than dream theaters!!   :rollin

We discussed it ad nauseam. He tried to make a joke and it fell flat.

Offline jimgolf

« Reply #2121 on: August 20, 2023, 03:48:09 PM »
Well you know if he tried singing the joke it mightve been sharp.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2122 on: August 20, 2023, 04:20:18 PM »

Most likely due to an iPhone mic apparently. ..

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2123 on: August 20, 2023, 06:50:18 PM »
:lol :lol :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2124 on: August 20, 2023, 07:26:29 PM »

:rollin :rollin
fanticide.bandcamp.com