Author Topic: DreamSonic 2023  (Read 67394 times)

Offline badger

Re: DreamSonic 2023
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2023, 08:25:13 AM »
Just bought 2 tix to Iowa show. 1st row balcony.  $174 total
When did we all let you down?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2023, 09:34:04 AM »
I could care less about the cost. I have not seen DT since the last time they came to Vancouver. I am going by myself to experience my favourite band! Animals as Leaders and Devin Townsend are just the cherries on top.

Got my tickets to the Vancouver show, row 6, stage right near the centre aisle.

Exactly! 😁 When we buy tickets to a DT show, we know we are getting the utmost highest quality in a concert experience. Truly a world-class performance from a world-class band with world-class sound quality in a world-class venue. I've come to realize this after seeing many other bands, even great ones, in a variety of venues - we know that from DT, we can count on the entire experience being only the best!

Don't take this as disagreement, but all that is sort of meaningless and subjective as a measure.  I LOVE DT - I'm here, aren't I - but this isn't like comparing a corner lot on Fifth Avenue in New York and a lot in Cross Plains Tennessee, two things that has an established, objective value.  And it's the same with any fan of any band; that's why there are scalpers.  If you love Taylor Swift, $1000 to see her in a stadium is peanuts, and you're going to get the same quality show.

For me, though, who has enough coin to see the shows I want - and who will see multiple shows if they are available to me - I can't see DT more than once at current prices.  I could have had front row center for Bridgeport, but at the prices they were offering, it wasn't worth it to me; I can get four tickets to the other shows I want to see for that same price.  I'm row G for less than half the price; but I wasn't going to spend more than $100 to see this show (not including fees/taxes).

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2023, 09:55:51 AM »
Isn't the love of any band, subjective by nature?

Of course it's not about "objective value" overall, but when it comes to paying more to see a great band at a better venue (which is what I've come to expect from DT) vs seeing a less-than top-tier band at a crappy venue with bad ventilation and no assigned seats (which I appreciate simply for the fact that you can leave and not lose your place), then IDC what it costs.

The fact that it's my favorite band is just the frosting on the cake. 😎

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2023, 10:09:49 AM »
I'm just waiting to see some setlist predictions :corn

I hope they add some of their unplayed songs like maybe Transcending Time, other tracks from DOT (S2N or 137) or the ever elusive Surrender To Reason.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2023, 12:15:16 PM »

I hope they add some of their unplayed songs like maybe Transcending Time, other tracks from DOT (S2N or 137) or the ever elusive Surrender To Reason.
I wouldn't bank on it. They already changed up a significant portion of the setlist for the last leg of the tour, so I would expect it to stand for the rest of the tour. So at best, I'd wager the setlist on this Dream Sonic tour will be the same as that. Or it will be abbreviated, since I would expect they'll end up shortening their set to 90-100 minutes. If so, I'd guess the Dream Sonic setlist would look like this:

The Alien
Caught in a Web
Sleeping Giant
Answering the Call
Solitary Shell
About to Crash (Reprise)
Losing Time/Grand Finale
Pull Me Under
A View From the Top of the World
Encore:
The Count of Tuscany
If anything else needs to get trimmed, I'd imagine either SS or AtC(r) and LT/GF would get cut
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2023, 01:03:45 PM »
I could care less about the cost. I have not seen DT since the last time they came to Vancouver. I am going by myself to experience my favourite band! Animals as Leaders and Devin Townsend are just the cherries on top.

Got my tickets to the Vancouver show, row 6, stage right near the centre aisle.

Exactly! 😁 When we buy tickets to a DT show, we know we are getting the utmost highest quality in a concert experience. Truly a world-class performance from a world-class band with world-class sound quality in a world-class venue. I've come to realize this after seeing many other bands, even great ones, in a variety of venues - we know that from DT, we can count on the entire experience being only the best!

Don't take this as disagreement, but all that is sort of meaningless and subjective as a measure.  I LOVE DT - I'm here, aren't I - but this isn't like comparing a corner lot on Fifth Avenue in New York and a lot in Cross Plains Tennessee, two things that has an established, objective value.  And it's the same with any fan of any band; that's why there are scalpers.  If you love Taylor Swift, $1000 to see her in a stadium is peanuts, and you're going to get the same quality show.

For me, though, who has enough coin to see the shows I want - and who will see multiple shows if they are available to me - I can't see DT more than once at current prices.  I could have had front row center for Bridgeport, but at the prices they were offering, it wasn't worth it to me; I can get four tickets to the other shows I want to see for that same price.  I'm row G for less than half the price; but I wasn't going to spend more than $100 to see this show (not including fees/taxes).

For me, I go to wayyy too many concerts to not care about the costs.  I spend an absurd amount of money attending concerts as my main hobby and something I enjoy.  I've seen Dream Theater close to 20 times now from the front row (twice) to the last row across many states.  It IS important to me how I spend this money. 

I also think it's an interesting topic to talk about as I've seen my fair share of pricing for shows and different venues to get an idea of what is common.  When DT goes on this tour and we see venues half filled, I think the topic of costs/venues actually may be an important discussion (for the band, for us it's just fun speculation and discussion).

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2023, 02:23:14 PM »
I'll just say, for the seats I got, it's not a lot of money I am spending compared to other shows I have been too. I say it's actually fairly priced. Especially considering the costs involved with having more bands on the bill.

This is a reason why I knew the Freaks On Parade Tour with Rob Zombie, Mudvayne, Static-X, and Powerman 5000 was not going to be cheap for pit. This was being priced and marketed based on the nostalgia value of the bands.

I'd say DreamSonic is about the same I paid for the Babymetal show.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2023, 02:38:24 PM »

I wouldn't bank on it. They already changed up a significant portion of the setlist for the last leg of the tour, so I would expect it to stand for the rest of the tour. So at best, I'd wager the setlist on this Dream Sonic tour will be the same as that. Or it will be abbreviated, since I would expect they'll end up shortening their set to 90-100 minutes. If so, I'd guess the Dream Sonic setlist would look like this:

The Alien
Caught in a Web
Sleeping Giant
Answering the Call
Solitary Shell
About to Crash (Reprise)
Losing Time/Grand Finale
Pull Me Under
A View From the Top of the World
Encore:
The Count of Tuscany
If anything else needs to get trimmed, I'd imagine either SS or AtC(r) and LT/GF would get cut

I get where you're coming from with this, but why wouldn't they change the set if this is supposed to be a completely different tour than the View support? Sure, that's their latest album, so I totally expect them to play TA and maybe a couple more, but I think it's the best chance for them to play a new set and shake things up a bit instead of playing mostly the same stuff they've been doing since last year.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2023, 02:43:31 PM »
After getting tickets yesterday,  I went on YouTube last night checking out Devin Townsend and Animals as Leaders.
I've never really listened to either band, but now I'm excited to see them live.  Devin Townsend looks like it will be a surprisingly good show, and AAL will be interesting with two eight string guitars and no bass. Very technical melodic music.
Has anybody here seen either of these two live?
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2023, 02:46:42 PM »
After getting tickets yesterday,  I went on YouTube last night checking out Devin Townsend and Animals as Leaders.
I've never really listened to either band, but now I'm excited to see them live.  Devin Townsend looks like it will be a surprisingly good show, and AAL will be interesting with two eight string guitars and no bass. Very technical melodic music.

Devin, yes.  He is great live.  Granted, that was when he was with DTB, and he has a different touring band now, but he is always very animated live and goes out of his way to encourage crowd participation/applause.  In other words, the opposite of Dream Theater.  :lol :lol

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2023, 03:48:45 PM »

Devin, yes.  He is great live.  Granted, that was when he was with DTB, and he has a different touring band now, but he is always very animated live and goes out of his way to encourage crowd participation/applause.  In other words, the opposite of Dream Theater.  :lol :lol
Yeah Devin looks like he has a lot of fun playing live.  As far as Dream Theater, I find them quite engaging in a different way. Their music pulls me in and I don't feel the need to go crazy and start hooting and woo-hooing!  It's more of the wow factor..
It would be cool though if Dream Theater pulled in a song like Viper King to get the crowd amped up and moving a bit. That would be a fun song live.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2023, 04:05:55 PM »
I get where you're coming from with this, but why wouldn't they change the set if this is supposed to be a completely different tour than the View support? Sure, that's their latest album, so I totally expect them to play TA and maybe a couple more, but I think it's the best chance for them to play a new set and shake things up a bit instead of playing mostly the same stuff they've been doing since last year.
For one thing, this is still part of the same tour cycle. Being branded as a "festival" is just marketing crap.

Second, this is JP's DT, not MP's DT. Even getting a significant change-up like we saw on the last leg was a huge thing. Having not played North America with that setlist is reason enough for them not to change it up. If we see further changes with this upcoming Asian run, then sure, but I doubt there will be any changes, and if there are, I imagine it will be a few tracks at best that have already been played within the last decade or so.

Third, all you need to do is look at the setlists from the "festival" tour they did through Europe in the summer of 2019; with the exception of 3 fairly common songs (PSkies, Lie, AIA), everything that was played at those "festival" shows consisted of tracks from their Evening With tour.

Finally, it takes time to rehearse new additions to the setlist. So that's more than likely going to exclude anything that's never been played before (like Surrender to Reason, S2N, etc.) or hasn't been played with the current lineup.

So while I could always be wrong (and I'd be happy to be!), judging by these factors, I'm pretty confident in my prediction.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2023, 04:12:30 PM »
Scotty, what did you make of the tag line on the Indonesia show where they said it was the last stop on the View tour?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2023, 04:21:44 PM »
Scotty, what did you make of the tag line on the Indonesia show where they said it was the last stop on the View tour?
Honestly, I didn't see that, but I'm also not buying it - like I said, I think this Dream Sonic thing is more marketing than anything else. Same with Progressive Nation. And given the time between the end of the Asian leg and the beginning of the Dream Sonic tour, I find it hard to believe that they're going to come up with a completely different show than what they're doing now, for the reasons I stated in my last post.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2023, 04:28:52 PM »
Honestly, I didn't see that, but I'm also not buying it - like I said, I think this Dream Sonic thing is more marketing than anything else. Same with Progressive Nation. And given the time between the end of the Asian leg and the beginning of the Dream Sonic tour, I find it hard to believe that they're going to come up with a completely different show than what they're doing now, for the reasons I stated in my last post.

Oh yeah, I get that totally. I had given up on another leg because of the posting on the Indonesia show.

Here it is...

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2023, 04:36:16 PM »
Oh yeah, I get that totally. I had given up on another leg because of the posting on the Indonesia show.

Here it is...

Thanks for that. But still, it's a branding thing. Even going back to the 2007-2008 tour - the 2008 South American leg of the tour was part of the Chaos In Motion tour, and the North America leg that follow was Progressive Nation. Yet even then - keeping in mind that MP was in control of the setlists then - there was still a lot of overlap between what those two legs of the tour featured. Do you really think we'd see something more significant now? I can't.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2023, 05:07:58 PM »
Well, realistically speaking you're right, they probably won't make huge changes to the set. I just hope they don't end up playing the same exact thing without at least some variation. Like TAC posted, they're promoting the Indonesia show as the last one for the View tour, so they clearly see this new thing as something different; and that should mean a shake up in the set. Since this is a shared bill/festival/whatever, they could probably drop some of the long songs like TCOT and add a few shorter ones like what I mentioned before and some older stuff that hasn't been played in a long time.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2023, 05:15:31 PM »
But still, it's a branding thing. Even going back to the 2007-2008 tour - the 2008 South American leg of the tour was part of the Chaos In Motion tour, and the North America leg that follow was Progressive Nation. Yet even then - keeping in mind that MP was in control of the setlists then - there was still a lot of overlap between what those two legs of the tour featured. Do you really think we'd see something more significant now? I can't.

I agree.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2023, 06:24:45 PM »
When DT goes on this tour and we see venues half filled, I think the topic of costs/venues actually may be an important discussion (for the band, for us it's just fun speculation and discussion).

That's very interesting and I have a pricing theory for DT recently. Are the prices higher because the promoters KNOW DT will only fill half the hall, or are the venues only half full BECAUSE of the prices? I think it's the former, because fans can always buy the cheaper tickets. Personally, I just don't think DT has the "pull" any longer for non "die hard" fans (at least in North America).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 06:31:52 PM by DTwwbwMP »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2023, 08:11:35 PM »
They should put this quote as a blub on the poster.

Lol, are you being facetious? 😅 I was actually being serious!

Disagree if you like, this is just my own experience! 😁

Nah I'm just giving you a bit of shit :). I have my issues with DT live but they are still pretty top tier in my book.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2023, 05:29:28 AM »
They should put this quote as a blub on the poster.

Lol, are you being facetious? 😅 I was actually being serious!

Disagree if you like, this is just my own experience! 😁

Nah I'm just giving you a bit of shit :). I have my issues with DT live but they are still pretty top tier in my book.

Lol, ok 😅 I feel initiated.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2023, 03:46:24 PM »
Stoked for DreamSonic!  Bought front row center tickets for the Inglewood show.  Taking the wife, so if the setlist includes Solitary Shell, we'll both be beyond thrilled - as that is her favorite DT song by far.

My only hope is that the band switches out the 25 minute encore for a few shorter songs.  Much in same way that At Wit's End (I believe) became on encore for a Distance Over Time leg, there's an opportunity to play a new song along with something that doesn't get much attention.  My initial thoughts are:

Wither or Out of Reach
Transcending Time
Viper King

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2023, 06:07:01 PM »
I would be so happy if DT played Viper King

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2023, 06:25:26 PM »
I would be so happy if DT played Viper King

Me too.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2023, 08:23:21 PM »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2023, 01:58:05 AM »
Front row in Austin!  Let the waiting begin.  I hope DT's set is still 2 hours even with having two openers.

I am expecting this to be the set times...

Animals As Leaders: 1:00
Devin Townsend: 1:30
Dream Theater: 2:00

Highly doubt this.  NYC show starts at 7pm. 

Animals as Leaders: 30 minutes
Devin Townsend: 45-50 minutes
Dream Theater: 90-100 minutes

with typical stoppage between bands, that ends the show around 10:45 which is normal for a 7pm start.

That sounds about right after I saw that the show starts at 7pm, I was hoping for it to start at 6pm which would've been quite nice.

So it'd be a 7pm start for AAL with a 30 min. set
15-20 for a set change
Devin would start around 7:45-7:50 go on for 50min-60min
15-20 for set change
Dream Theater would start around 9pm ending at around 11pm.

I would absolutely love it if the band treated this "Festival" as something separate from their AVFTTOTW branded tour, thus giving them a reason to make an entirely different set. From what we've seen so far, they've been playing mostly past songs that Mangini has played before, and adding in like 1 or 2 songs he hasn't played live yet. If you ask me, this would be a perfect moment for them to finally bust out Octavarium.

Since their set would likely be between 1:45-1:50 of actual music being played, they could end up ditching the epics and play a set with a lot more shorter type of songs, with the "encore" being something like At Wit's End or Breaking All Illusions, could even have it be The Glass Prison or In The Name of God. A set with a lot of songs is what I would love to see from the band. Even though I loved the length of the songs from the past set.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2023, 07:04:01 AM »
I know I'm the minority on this forum but I really hope that AAL gets at least a time slot as long as Devin.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2023, 07:30:53 AM »
I know I'm the minority on this forum but I really hope that AAL gets at least a time slot as long as Devin.

I listened to both AAL and Devin for the first time yesterday. My Sunday job affords me the ability to play music all day, so I listened to about 6 hours of music between the two. I was genuinely impressed with AAL. If they can play live as good as they do in studio, I'd take no issues with them being on stage a bit longer.

Devin blew me away too. He's got some vocals that make a few of the songs I listened to not my cup of tea, but I'm still really looking forward to seeing him live too. There was one in particular I really liked - Spirits Will Collide. I hope we get to hear that one. What a banger.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2023, 07:46:59 AM »
I saw Devin and AAL together back in 2014. Dev puts on a great shows, as always.
AAL, while very talented, was just boring to watch.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 07:58:50 AM by Metropolaris »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2023, 07:48:56 AM »

I listened to both AAL and Devin for the first time yesterday. My Sunday job affords me the ability to play music all day, so I listened to about 6 hours of music between the two. I was genuinely impressed with AAL. If they can play live as good as they do in studio, I'd take no issues with them being on stage a bit longer.

I'm not a big fan of AAL, but yes they can play those stuff live. All 3 are incredible musicians and Tosin Abasi is an incredible player. I've seen them live and they are fun.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2023, 08:09:06 AM »
I've never seen AAL live so that'll be cool for me to check out.  I don't even know who will be in Devin's touring band for this, but I've seen him live many times now and it's always a good show.  I haven't loved his latest releases so I'm going to guess, the set won't be totally for my tastes, but I would still expect it to be a good and fun set.  He's got a way when he's in front of the mic to be terribly entertaining.

Devin blew me away too. He's got some vocals that make a few of the songs I listened to not my cup of tea, but I'm still really looking forward to seeing him live too. There was one in particular I really liked - Spirits Will Collide. I hope we get to hear that one. What a banger.

He certainly has the harsh vocal side that won't be for everyone.  Not sure what he'll be playing on this tour, but if it's similar to his recent European tour, there won't be too much of the harsh vocals (maybe a song or two) and he has been playing Spirits Will Collide which is one of his best songs from his recent albums IMO

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2023, 09:48:16 AM »
I would absolutely love it if the band treated this "Festival" as something separate from their AVFTTOTW branded tour, thus giving them a reason to make an entirely different set. From what we've seen so far, they've been playing mostly past songs that Mangini has played before, and adding in like 1 or 2 songs he hasn't played live yet. If you ask me, this would be a perfect moment for them to finally bust out Octavarium.

Since their set would likely be between 1:45-1:50 of actual music being played, they could end up ditching the epics and play a set with a lot more shorter type of songs, with the "encore" being something like At Wit's End or Breaking All Illusions, could even have it be The Glass Prison or In The Name of God. A set with a lot of songs is what I would love to see from the band. Even though I loved the length of the songs from the past set.

This is exactly what I'd like to see as well (not literally, but from a fan perspective, since this tour won't be coming anywhere near me to go anyway :P)

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2023, 11:46:51 AM »
Yeah, no. That would be the worst time, because I'd imagine this tour is only for North America (they already hit Europe twice on the current album-tour cycle) and you can be sure the fanbase around the world will want to experience it too. Never mind the fact that it will eat up a lot of the setlist, and they'll need the proper amount of time to rehearse it.

Now, will it be resurrected in the future? I'm almost 100% positive it will. I wouldn't be surprised to see it for the next album-tour cycle. But to believe it would be good to bring it back for a tour where they're (likely) to play an abbreviated set doesn't make sense.

Offline JeopardousRaven

« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2023, 12:03:20 PM »
Front row in Austin!  Let the waiting begin.  I hope DT's set is still 2 hours even with having two openers.

I am expecting this to be the set times...

Animals As Leaders: 1:00
Devin Townsend: 1:30
Dream Theater: 2:00

Highly doubt this.  NYC show starts at 7pm. 

Animals as Leaders: 30 minutes
Devin Townsend: 45-50 minutes
Dream Theater: 90-100 minutes

with typical stoppage between bands, that ends the show around 10:45 which is normal for a 7pm start.

That sounds about right after I saw that the show starts at 7pm, I was hoping for it to start at 6pm which would've been quite nice.

So it'd be a 7pm start for AAL with a 30 min. set
15-20 for a set change
Devin would start around 7:45-7:50 go on for 50min-60min
15-20 for set change
Dream Theater would start around 9pm ending at around 11pm.

In the Name of God, At Wit's End, and Breaking all Illusions would all be fantastic to see. I was a bit disappointed they didn't bring back any of the D/T songs for the Top of the World tour as it had some great mini-epics that come across great live. I am a huge fan of The Glass Prison but it does have some very harsh vocal sections that I can see being difficult for James. But then again, they brought back 6:00 and Caught in a Web so anything is possible. I think Wait for Sleep/Learning to Live would be a great encore. I'm curious to see how James would approach the LtL F#. He was doing some wicked screams in 2019/2020 but I don't think we've seen anything like that in the Top of the World tour.

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2023, 12:14:41 PM »
Yeah, no. That would be the worst time, because I'd imagine this tour is only for North America (they already hit Europe twice on the current album-tour cycle) and you can be sure the fanbase around the world will want to experience it too. Never mind the fact that it will eat up a lot of the setlist, and they'll need the proper amount of time to rehearse it.

Now, will it be resurrected in the future? I'm almost 100% positive it will. I wouldn't be surprised to see it for the next album-tour cycle. But to believe it would be good to bring it back for a tour where they're (likely) to play an abbreviated set doesn't make sense.

Agreed on both counts. I don’t think there’s any way they won’t bring 8VM back eventually, but I hope they don’t mimic the first leg of the Top of the World tour and play several 15+ min songs if their set time is around 100-120 minutes.

I also don’t expect a ton of different songs, but they are billing it as a yearly festival and a night of “history-making” music, so I hope that it’s more surprising than expected. I can see the final song before the encore being a mini-epic; BAI has been played a ton since 2011 so I can see them doing it again, but this would be a great time to finally play ItNoG again in honor of the album’s 20th anniversary. I will always hope anything off disc 1 of SDOIT is played, but at this point I’m keeping that hope very low as it seems like it’s just not going to happen at this point.