Author Topic: DreamSonic 2023  (Read 67392 times)

Offline countoftuscany42

Re: DreamSonic 2023
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2023, 11:41:34 AM »
VINYL should work as a presale code at any Live Nation venue.  Venue codes will vary by building.  San Jose venue code is ALIEN. 

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2023, 11:47:48 AM »
 VINYL is also the code for Philly.

Front row balcony for only $59.  :tup
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2023, 12:40:23 PM »
^ :metal

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2023, 12:58:49 PM »
This tour is right up my alley, it’s a shame the closest shows are 5 hours away. Oh well.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2023, 01:33:06 PM »
I definitely think it'll be a shorter DT set if that's what you're asking.

This.

I'm almost debating holding off on buying tickets because of this. I highly doubt they'll come anywhere close to selling out the venue they're playing in CT.   

I wondering if I should wait until the tour starts to see how long their set is. I don't think I'd be interested if DT is only playing for 60-75 minutes.

On the Systematic Chaos tour in 2007 they had 2 opening acts and I remember them playing over 2 hours....2:15 I believe.

Yup, 2 hours. My complete boot with crowd noise and shit is 2:07.

The '08 Boston show was 90 minutes, not including the waste of time Mario song.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2023, 02:59:30 PM »
We got our CT 6th row center tix without a promo code/password, but my husband has a Ticketmaster account - if that helps anyone!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2023, 07:16:38 PM »
VINYL is also the code for Philly.

Front row balcony for only $59.  :tup

Done with playing Jive Nation games. Just getting the cheapest seats I can find and enjoy the show. May just wait for the regular sale because I'll have a little time before it sells out.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2023, 05:56:34 AM »
We got our CT 6th row center tix without a promo code/password, but my husband has a Ticketmaster account - if that helps anyone!

:metal

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2023, 08:04:59 AM »
Hrmm went to buy Clearwater tickets and the performance is sold out. I find that hard to believe

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2023, 08:06:24 AM »
Hrmm went to buy Clearwater tickets and the performance is sold out. I find that hard to believe

Might be a glitch, try refreshing or coming back in a bit.

Plenty of tickets available for NYC but nothing worth buying right now for me.  Had to take a check in case some non official platinum good seats were made available for the public sale. If they were, I didn't see them.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2023, 08:34:24 AM »
Yea refresh did the trick, got 6th row for $153 each.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2023, 09:12:39 AM »
$169+TT&L. Yeah, fuck that. Tool doesn't even charge that much. I've certainly spent more on tickets, and will again, but I'm passing on that on general principle.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2023, 09:13:39 AM »
Got front row center for cincy for 180 after fees! (150 before fees)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2023, 10:44:06 AM »
Well, it's 10:45 Mounatin Time and it's still not ready yet. Stupid Live Nation doesn't even know it's timezones. 😆
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2023, 11:00:33 AM »
$169+TT&L. Yeah, fuck that. Tool doesn't even charge that much. I've certainly spent more on tickets, and will again, but I'm passing on that on general principle.  :lol

I paid $170 all in when I saw Tool in 2022. Floor seats, a dozen rows from stage.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2023, 11:41:38 AM »

I paid $170 all in when I saw Tool in 2022. Floor seats, a dozen rows from stage.
Now I feel bad.  When I saw Tool shortly before the pandemic, I was able to go for free and sit in my employer's box seats, with unlimited food and beverages.   :biggrin:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2023, 11:59:03 AM »
I'm not opposed to paying more for a nice clean new venue with good ventilation and assigned seating.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2023, 12:06:56 PM »
Well, I went on and it says tickets are sold out now. I find that very hard to believe.

It's getting very frustrating dealing with LiveNation on my end that I am just not gonna bother anymore.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2023, 12:07:18 PM »

Now I feel bad.  When I saw Tool shortly before the pandemic, I was able to go for free and sit in my employer's box seats, with unlimited food and beverages.   :biggrin:

I think I remember you mentioning that, that was a great show. I was envious of your box seats :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2023, 12:07:34 PM »

Paying big bucks to see Tool up close and personal is certainly worthwhile. For me, anyways. Those guys are fascinating to watch. They're as live as it gets with no clicktrack, and there's a lot of interaction between them. I saw them from 4th row in Little Rock and it was spectacular. I've seen DT from front row a few times, and front five several times more, and it's just not that exciting.

The good news in this case is that they booked this venue in its maximum configuration. They never sell more than about 1500 in Dallas, and they're selling balcony seats in a 6500 seat house. I'll likely buy one of those towards the end for $35 and get reticketed to pretty good seats, just so they than consolidate everybody closer to the stage. Or, we just walk down and sit in one of the many empty 200 seats.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2023, 12:09:45 PM »
Well, I went on and it says tickets are sold out now. I find that very hard to believe.

It's getting very frustrating dealing with LiveNation on my end that I am just not gonna bother anymore.
You've got a filter on somewhere. It's barely sold at all. Assuming you're looking at Phoenix.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2023, 12:12:21 PM »
Concert tickets have gotten more expensive since just last year.  I expected this tour to be a nice bump from the past.  I didn't expect this much to put this pricing on par with much bigger tours although it seems some here have better pricing than others.  Last tour I paid $120 for front row and I can't remember exactly, but I think around $40 for back row type seats for the other show I went to.  This current show is $200 for front (assuming you didn't buy official platinum pricing) and $80 for worst seats.

The good news in this case is that they booked this venue in its maximum configuration. They never sell more than about 1500 in Dallas, and they're selling balcony seats in a 6500 seat house. I'll likely buy one of those towards the end for $35 and get reticketed to pretty good seats, just so they than consolidate everybody closer to the stage. Or, we just walk down and sit in one of the many empty 200 seats.

The back section of the NYC venue is not being sold.  I wish I had that option for even cheaper seats, even if I didn't get an upgrade. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2023, 12:37:14 PM »
The back section of the NYC venue is not being sold.  I wish I had that option for even cheaper seats, even if I didn't get an upgrade.
I'm honestly amazed they're selling this place at its full capacity. It's nearly 60% bigger than the place in Irving where you saw them, and I recall that you were all alone in the back. I doubt it was even half full. The only think I can think of is that the price difference for them was negligible, and they wanted to offer more pricing tiers. I've honestly never known DT to be that accommodating, though.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2023, 12:44:43 PM »
I'm honestly amazed they're selling this place at its full capacity. It's nearly 60% bigger than the place in Irving where you saw them, and I recall that you were all alone in the back. I doubt it was even half full. The only think I can think of is that the price difference for them was negligible, and they wanted to offer more pricing tiers. I've honestly never known DT to be that accommodating, though.

Yeah, I was thinking about that show when reading your post.  I would imagine a bigger turn out just because you have 3 bands who have their own fans, but I'm not sure I'd expect such a huge turn out for your venue.  The Hulu Theater is 5500 capacity it seems, (I've never seen a concert there, just musical/theater events) and with the closed off section, much less so it's not even close to the venue you're talking about and NYC is DT's home turf basically.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2023, 12:51:52 PM »

You've got a filter on somewhere. It's barely sold at all. Assuming you're looking at Phoenix.

This is what it tells me on my LiveNation App...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2023, 12:54:51 PM »
Checked that Arizona show and it's mostly unsold.  Definitely something wrong with your app or something.

But damn, another example of a probably poorly attended show. That venue looks large.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2023, 01:00:08 PM »
Checked that Arizona show and it's mostly unsold.  Definitely something wrong with your app or something.

But damn, another example of a probably poorly attended show. That venue looks large.

It actually sucks for people who don't have access to a computer now.

Regardless, I still snatched up a nicely priced good seat for $108 total.

Edit: I just remembered that I saw Tenacious D at this venue. It's a nice venue, and based on the layout for DreamSonic, My seats are really not bad for the price.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 01:06:48 PM by Ben_Jamin »

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2023, 01:19:15 PM »

Cramx is right, must be your app.  I checked your show on my LN app a there are lots of seats.  Maybe uninstall then reinstall the app?

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2023, 01:53:10 PM »

Cramx is right, must be your app.  I checked your show on my LN app a there are lots of seats.  Maybe uninstall then reinstall the app?

Yeah, I will soon. Pretty strange it did that though. I just was wanting to see how much seats cost. I usually go on my laptop to buy tickets, but I wasn't home at the time.

Offline svisser

• Pineapple. I like to eat it.
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2023, 01:57:30 PM »
I could care less about the cost. I have not seen DT since the last time they came to Vancouver. I am going by myself to experience my favourite band! Animals as Leaders and Devin Townsend are just the cherries on top.

Got my tickets to the Vancouver show, row 6, stage right near the centre aisle.
She can turn a drop of water
         Into an ocean
                                           In the room the women come and go
                                                 Talking of Michelangelo.

Offline badger

« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2023, 06:47:12 PM »
Finally an Iowa show
When did we all let you down?

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2023, 07:31:57 PM »
Got two 12th row centered tickets for the Seattle show. Its a nice outdoor amphitheater that holds around 5,000 capacity..
Hopefully there will be a decent turnout being that it's on a Saturday night in late July.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2023, 06:22:01 AM »
I could care less about the cost. I have not seen DT since the last time they came to Vancouver. I am going by myself to experience my favourite band! Animals as Leaders and Devin Townsend are just the cherries on top.

Exactly! 😁 When we buy tickets to a DT show, we know we are getting the utmost highest quality in a concert experience. Truly a world-class performance from a world-class band with world-class sound quality in a world-class venue. I've come to realize this after seeing many other bands, even great ones, in a variety of venues - we know that from DT, we can count on the entire experience being only the best!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2023, 06:31:56 AM »

Exactly! 😁 When we buy tickets to a DT show, we know we are getting the utmost highest quality in a concert experience. Truly a world-class performance from a world-class band with world-class sound quality in a world-class venue. I've come to realize this after seeing many other bands, even great ones, in a variety of venues - we know that from DT, we can count on the entire experience being only the best!

They should put this quote as a blub on the poster.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2023, 07:51:57 AM »
They should put this quote as a blub on the poster.

Lol, are you being facetious? 😅 I was actually being serious!

Disagree if you like, this is just my own experience! 😁