Author Topic: ATTENTION RUSH FANATICS..........  (Read 1047 times)

Offline DTwwbwMP

ATTENTION RUSH FANATICS..........
« on: March 29, 2023, 09:59:14 PM »
You know how all tribute bands use the same old cliche...."as close as you'll get to the real thing"? ::) I've seen a bunch of them. Zeppelin, Queen, Floyd, etc. It's all BULLSH*T  :tdwn  Hardly ANY are even a smidge of the real thing (Brit Floyd & Aussie Floyd ARE good though :tup)! I've seen Rush 16 times between 1977-2015 and I feel like I just returned from the 17th time. THE RUSH TRIBUTE PROJECT! THEY WERE THAT GOOD! :omg: :omg: :omg: I finally saw a band that can HONESTLY use the cliche! They are ABSOLUTELY as close as you'll EVER GET to experiencing RUSH!
    If you've seen Rush...GO SEE THIS BAND! If you WISH you could have seen RUSH....GO SEE THIS BAND! A 3 hour performance (w 15 minute intermission) that had a great light & LASER show as well (In fact, give me what TRTP gave me tonight over the overblown and silly "show" Muse gave on their recent tour, ANYDAY)!
    The concert in Red Bank tonight was INCREDIBLE! I'm not saying they are as good as RUSH, but damn, they are ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC! I'd see them again in a heartbeat! :metal

Offline pg1067

Re: ATTENTION RUSH FANATICS..........
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 09:41:09 AM »
Not really sure we need a separate thread for this, but...

For my money, no one is better at covering Rush than YYNOT.  The "problem" with most Rush cover bands is that recreating Geddy's vocals (especially during the "classic" era) is insanely difficult.  The Rush Tribute Project's vocalist does a decent job, but the two singers that YYNOT has had are just about perfect.  I'd suggest seeking out their cover of No One at the Bridge.  The other thing about YYNOT is that they dial in the guitar and bass tones almost perfectly (although their cover of The Body Electric puts the original to shame because they made it MUCH punchier).  And YYNOT has three excellent albums of originals to boot.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 10:19:11 AM »
Saw them^. Not bad at all but can't hold a candle to TRTP!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 10:28:43 AM »
Did they play that Diane Sawyer song

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 12:44:03 PM »
You know how all tribute bands use the same old cliche...."as close as you'll get to the real thing"? ::) I've seen a bunch of them. Zeppelin, Queen, Floyd, etc. It's all BULLSH*T  :tdwn  Hardly ANY are even a smidge of the real thing (Brit Floyd & Aussie Floyd ARE good though :tup)! I've seen Rush 16 times between 1977-2015 and I feel like I just returned from the 17th time. THE RUSH TRIBUTE PROJECT! THEY WERE THAT GOOD! :omg: :omg: :omg: I finally saw a band that can HONESTLY use the cliche! They are ABSOLUTELY as close as you'll EVER GET to experiencing RUSH!
    If you've seen Rush...GO SEE THIS BAND! If you WISH you could have seen RUSH....GO SEE THIS BAND! A 3 hour performance (w 15 minute intermission) that had a great light & LASER show as well (In fact, give me what TRTP gave me tonight over the overblown and silly "show" Muse gave on their recent tour, ANYDAY)!
    The concert in Red Bank tonight was INCREDIBLE! I'm not saying they are as good as RUSH, but damn, they are ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC! I'd see them again in a heartbeat! :metal

There have been several Rush tribute bands playing within a few hours of here over the last several months. I've passed on all of them mostly because of the setlists. Did see YYNOT back in January because it got escalated into a benefit with special guests and was impressed with the bassist but not enough to want to see them again just for the bassist. (hearing The Body Electric was cool also.)

Were there any songs written after 1982 that were played?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 12:52:42 PM »
In N.E. we have Lotus Land.  They've played from all albums.  I've seen, Marathon to Presto, to Xanadu played live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SWgkyhM1-4
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 01:09:03 PM »
In N.E. we have Lotus Land.  They've played from all albums.  I've seen, Marathon to Presto, to Xanadu played live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SWgkyhM1-4

They've been around here too a bunch of times.  Seen a few videos. Wasn't moved.

Maybe I just got spoiled by Power Windows with Zak Rivizi and Joe Bergamini.

Those guys should get together with the bassist from YYNOT!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 01:39:29 PM »
You should see a full show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC