Author Topic: Top 25 Favorite Guitarists countdown thread! (Top 2 featured!!)  (Read 46273 times)

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Re: Top 25 Favorite Guitarists countdown thread! (Top 2 featured!!)
« Reply #1295 on: April 29, 2023, 09:26:03 AM »
Here's my list. 

25:  Matt Scannell (Vertical Horizon) - only on my list
24:  Al DiMeola (Return To Forever) - #33
23:  Derek Trucks - #89
22:  Carlos Santana - only on my list
21:  Mark Tremonti (Alter Bridge) - #28
20:  Slash (Guns 'n' Roses) - #17
19:  Aaron Marshall (Intervals) - #129
18:  John McLaughlin (Mahavishnu Orchestra) - #51
17:  Tom MacLean (To-Mera) - only on my list
16:  Tony MacAlpine (Planet X) - #63
15:  Dann Huff (Giant) - only on my list
14:  Chris Poland (Megadeth) - only on my list
13:  Marty Friedman (Megadeth) - #50
12:  Ty Tabor (King's X) - #70
11:  Santiago Dobles (Aghora) - only on my list
10:  Eddie Van Halen - #2
9:  David Maxim Micic (Destiny Potato) - only on my list
8:  Plini - #46
7:  Eric Johnson - #30
6:  Phil Keaggy - only on my list
5:  Paul Gilbert (Racer X) - #29
4:  John Petrucci (Dream Theater) - #1
3:  Per Nilsson (Scar Symmetry) - only on my list
2:  Jeff Loomis (Nevermore) - #75
1:  Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) - #35

Honorable Mentions - Allan Holdsworth, Alex Lifeson (Rush), Alex Skolnick (Testament), Anders Nyström (Katatonia), Andrew Latimer (Camel), Andy Summers (The Police), Andy Timmons (Danger Danger), Bob Hartman (Petra), Brian May (Queen), Brian Wooten (Whiteheart), Christopher Amott (Arch Enemy), Dag Swanö (Nightingale), David Gilmour (Pink Floyd), Don Ross, Edo van der Kolk (Kingfisher Sky), Emil Werstler (Chimaira), Emily Remler, Fredrik Åkesson (Opeth), Fredrik Johansson (All Ends), Gary Moore (Thin Lizzy), George Lynch (Dokken), Gordon Kennedy (Whiteheart), Gus G. (Firewind), Guthrie Govan (Steven Wilson), Jakub Zytecki (Disperse), Jerry Cantrell (Alice In Chains), Jimi Hendrix, Joe Bonamassa (Black Country Communion), John Mayer, Joe Satriani, Larry Coryell, Lincoln Brewster, Marcel Singor (Kayak), Marios Iliopoulos (Nightrage), Marius Silver Bergesen (Triosphere), Matthias Jabs (Scorpions), Michael Hedges, Mike Dawes, Mike Engles (dredg), Neal Schon (Journey), Nili Brosh, Olof Mörck (Amaranthe), Paco de Lucia, Sithu Aye, Steve Lukather (Toto), Steve Stevens (Billy Idol), Steve Vai, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tommy Emmanuel, Tony Palacios (Guardian), Tony Rey Bruno (Saraya), Warren Haynes (Allman Brothers), Wes Montgomery, Will McFarlane (Bonnie Raitt), Yngwie Malmsteen

Fascinating, only 3/25 of the list.  But seven more in the next 25, so 10/50.  Another 5 in the top 100, so 15/100. 

So 9/25 were only on my list, with no other votes at all.  I was really surprised to see Per Nilsson, Chris Poland, and Carlos Santana only be on mine, I'd have thought surely at least someone else would have them higher.  I'm less surprised about Phil Keaggy, David Maxim Micic, Santiago Dobles, Dann Huff, Tom MacLean, and Matt Scannell, but still a bit disappointed. 

A few quick thoughts on my top 10.

Mikael Akerfeldt - getting into Opeth really changed me as a guitarist.  Before then I was a very rudimentary player, knowing mostly cowboy chords, power chords, and pentatonic leads, maybe a bit of octaves and major/minor scales.  Learning Opeth songs made me learn fingerpicking and how to incorporate unusual chords and notes, which really opened up my world of playing.  Very few are just as comfortable with death metal riffing as with folky acoustic guitar passages as with Gilmourian melodic solos, but he's one of them. 

Jeff Loomis - probably the closest to a pure shredder on my list (maybe other than early Gilbert), but he just has a way to make it all sound so good, with god-like tone, along with some of the most crushing riffs and brilliant songwriting. 

Per Nilsson - extraordinarily versatile, how many guys can handle both the pummeling rhythms subbing live for Thordendal in Meshuggah, pull off the light neo-prog in Kaipa with aplomb, and also excel as melodeath and power metal players?  He's to me the best at taking the Holdsworthian legato fluidity and making it more melodic, with some of the most immaculate phrasing I've heard in his soloing. 

John Petrucci - do I need to say anything more about him? 

Paul Gilbert
- he came pretty close to making the collective top 25, but even then I still suspect people don't recognize just how much range he has.  The amount of different styles he touches on across his solo albums, especially the early ones, is quite impressive for a guy that started off his career being known as the neoclassical shredder with the electric drill. 

Phil Keaggy
- some historian one day is gonna review the recorded history of the guitar and wonder how he got so little attention.  His earliest electric work with Glass Harp is up there with any other guitar god of the late 60s, and he continued to expand his playing over the years, incorporating Holdsworth-esque fluidity and Michael Hedges-like acoustic guitar wizardy, and his concerts with just himself, an acoustic guitar, and a looping unit are awe-inspiring. 

Eric Johnson - his lead playing rightly gets a lot of attention, but for me his chord voicings are the most sublime, I've stolen many of them over the years for my own playing (some I just do not have the gumby fingers to play correctly), and his harp harmonics and clean tone are equally wonderous. 

Plini - I was really into the G3 scene in the late 90s/early 00s when I was a teenager, but I burned out on guitar-driven instrumental rock/metal for a long time.  It was Plini who brought me back to it more than anyone else.  He just has the perfect balance of melodicism and technicality that so very few have. 

David Maxim Micic - easily for me the most interesting player to emerge out of the djent scene, if you don't count Plini, who also dabbled with it, though less so.  The scope of his solo work alone is pretty staggering, and he's also incredible in a band or guest solo context. 

Eddie Van Halen - I probably don't need to say much more about him either give his placement on the list, but as many stories as I've heard of people a bit older being floored by "Eruption", for me it was hearing "Respect the Wind" over the credits of Twister in the theaters that was probably my biggest inspiration for learning guitar. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 11:10:53 AM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1296 on: April 29, 2023, 09:27:53 AM »
@tim... Nilsson plays for Scar Symmetry and for Kaipa, two bands of very different styles, and he fucking kills it with both of them.

Also Nocturnal Rites since their last album, Zierler, live with Meshuggah for a time, an older project Paradigm Shift, a few other obscure bands, and all the guest spots like on that Spotify playlist. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1297 on: April 29, 2023, 09:32:48 AM »
@tim... Nilsson plays for Scar Symmetry and for Kaipa, two bands of very different styles, and he fucking kills it with both of them.

Also Nocturnal Rites since their last album, Zierler, live with Meshuggah for a time, an older project Paradigm Shift, a few other obscure bands, and all the guest spots like on that Spotify playlist.

I simply don't have enough empty files in my brain to keep up with any of this. Seems the industry is geared a lot more toward projects and collaborations than it ever has been.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1298 on: April 29, 2023, 09:35:08 AM »

Props for having Aaron Marshall up there, he's amazing, and such a genuinely nice dude. Seen them three times now, solo (with Jason Richardson opening), opening for TYS, and just two weeks ago with Spiritbox. He's just so damn gracious and humble. It was funny, after the first song of his set a few weeks ago, he asked that we pardon his voice since he's been under the weather, and after a pause adds "but I guess that really doesn't fucking matter since we're a instrumental band, does it?" :lol

Tim, here's a good sample of his work.. https://youtu.be/vy0RsURb4Cw

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1299 on: April 29, 2023, 09:44:08 AM »
This is my favorite Intervals tune.  I need to finish learning it, 2:54 in particular is a lot of fun to play. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ipv_l7KoSI

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1300 on: April 29, 2023, 09:48:27 AM »
Here's my list. 

Lots of great picks, Litho...a shot out to Dann Huff too...I'm not super-familiar with everything he's done, but his playing on Last of the Runaways and Time to Burn is sublime.

As for Santiago Dobles, I only have the first Aghora album. I know that was his "creature", but I actually remember being drawn to it mostly because of the insane drum/bass combo of Sean Reinert and Sean Malone. The guitar playing was obviously good, but I remember it being a bit cold. Anything else I should explore?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1301 on: April 29, 2023, 09:50:18 AM »
This is my favorite Intervals tune.  I need to finish learning it, 2:54 in particular is a lot of fun to play. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ipv_l7KoSI

I don't know their individual tunes well, I just buy tickets when I see them on a bill.  :biggrin:

Offline HOF

« Reply #1302 on: April 29, 2023, 09:52:57 AM »
Here's my list. 

Lots of great picks, Litho...a shot out to Dann Huff too...I'm not super-familiar with everything he's done, but his playing on Last of the Runaways and Time to Burn is sublime.

As for Santiago Dobles, I only have the first Aghora album. I know that was his "creature", but I actually remember being drawn to it mostly because of the insane drum/bass combo of Sean Reinert and Sean Malone. The guitar playing was obviously good, but I remember it being a bit cold. Anything else I should explore?

I had Huff on my longer list just for those two Giant albums. I know he's done a ton of other stuff too, but that's all I really know from him. He's really good though.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1303 on: April 29, 2023, 10:09:01 AM »

I had Huff on my longer list just for those two Giant albums. I know he's done a ton of other stuff too, but that's all I really know from him. He's really good though.

Probably my favorite performance of his is this Jeff Beck cover. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn_aeg04YyQ

His session work with Amy Grant in particular was quite formative for me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ervNxZ8UIU

Hmm, hard to say.  There's the next two Aghora albums, Formless and Entheogenic Frequencies, which you might prefer depending upon your taste.  I can definitely see how he comes across a bit clinical at times, but it just works for me.  There's also Synkronizity's Cultivation and Pestilence's Hadeon on an album basis, and lots of guest appearances.  I don't know if there's much good footage of when he was subbing in Cynic. 

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1304 on: April 29, 2023, 10:24:43 AM »

Probably my favorite performance of his is this Jeff Beck cover. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn_aeg04YyQ

His session work with Amy Grant in particular was quite formative for me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ervNxZ8UIU

Hmm, hard to say.  There's the next two Aghora albums, Formless and Entheogenic Frequencies, which you might prefer depending upon your taste.  I can definitely see how he comes across a bit clinical at times, but it just works for me.  There's also Synkronizity's Cultivation and Pestilence's Hadeon on an album basis, and lots of guest appearances.  I don't know if there's much good footage of when he was subbing in Cynic.

Will check this stuff out!  :tup

Offline coz

« Reply #1305 on: April 29, 2023, 11:21:06 AM »
I am 11/25.  I like what I like.  A lot of popular names and a lot of borderline obscure ones in the rock-metal realm.  No technical reasoning.  Just who make me want to air guitar.  And my taste in music is the best.   ;D

1. Alex Lifeson (#3)
2. John Petrucci (#1)
3. Eddie Van Halen (#2) - The top three together make up so much of the soundtrack of my life.  I'm eternally grateful for them. :heart
4. Vernon Reid - Vern's frantic, unpolished style is music to my ears.  His overall persona is total badass.  There's an idea.  DTF's Top 25 general badasses!
5.  Stevie Ray Vaughan (#25)
6. Ace Frehley - One I really expected to place here!  His songs are my faves in Kiss.  Solo albums are all fun.  Even his horrible vocals are great.
7. Larry LaLonde - Like the top three, his random, awkward voice in Primus has been a huge part of my life.  Think I was the only one to mention Ler.
8. Tom Morello - Another I thought would place.  His crazy techniques with Rage are just awesome.  Audioslave was a huge treat too.  His Nightwatchman CDs are great as well.

9. Joe Satriani (#9)
10. Paul Gilbert - I expected Paul to be top 25 as well!  Surprised.
11. Adrian Smith (#12)
12. Jimmy Page (#6)
13 Kirk Hammett - Extremely shocked he didn't make the list.  Add him and James to my life soundtrack.
14 Jerry Cantrell - Thought he had a shot.
15 Todd Park Mohr - Big Head Todd. Love the soulful sounds of his guitar work.  Almost made my vocalist list as well.  Similar to Richie Kotzen in my mind.
16 Mark Morton - Unique guitar leads for metal titans, Lamb of God.
17 John 5 - Really enjoy the eccentric blend of everything from metal to country in his solo work that he calls "blackgrass".  His work with Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson has been cool as well.  He's got a smooth, effortless style and aura that just works.  Probably should have ranked him a bit higher.
18 Synyster Gates - Don't know how to put it other than his music moves me.

19. David Gilmour (#4)
20 Mick Mars - Hair metal.  Unpopular as it may be now, the Crue's music always has been and always will be cool to me (minus Vince Neil's modern abilities).  Largely because of Mick's guitar work, especially on that first album.
21. Dave Mustaine (#22)
22. Slash (#17)
23. Randy Rhoads (#10)
24 Richie Kotzen - Another cool cat that I thought had a shot here.  The one name that made my singer list too.
25 Ty Tabor - Beat out many of my other faves because of his sweeet tone.  And his ability to create such a full sound as part of a trio much like Lifeson with Rush.  Ty's work with Platypus, The Jelly Jam and Jughead is all good stuff too.

Considered: Hetfield, Iommi, Vai, May, Hendrix, Murray, Knopfler, Matheos
Didn't considered: Govan, Howe, Blackmore, Tipton, Shenker, DeGarmo

The Main Axe Tracker
Gibson 101 pts
Fender 61 pts
Ibanez 35 pts
Music Man +25 pts
EVH +24 pts
ESP 23 pts
Jackson 18 pts
Red Special / Old Lady / Fireplace   15 pts
Charvel 13 pts
Hamer 6 pts
PRS 5 pts

There it is.  Pretty much how I expected it to go.  Thought Music Man would make an appearance before the last reveal though!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 11:38:40 AM by coz »
~Carlos
We made a land where crap is king and the good don't last too long.
https://www.last.fm/user/coz2112

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1306 on: April 29, 2023, 11:55:13 AM »
Man, Steve Rothery got done dirty in this countdown. He would have been top 5 for me.

I think had this countdown been run many years ago when Marillion was talked about here a lot thanks to Violent Green, JustJen and others, he would have done really well, but the forum seems to tilt more towards metal/hard rock now.  I am not much of a Marillion fan, but Rothery is definitely a good one.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1307 on: April 29, 2023, 12:13:41 PM »
Violent Green and JustJen, those are some names from antiquity. 

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1308 on: April 29, 2023, 12:19:05 PM »
Paul Masvidal is another beast. Cynic is excellent and he played on Death's album Human.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1309 on: April 29, 2023, 12:20:34 PM »
Also not sure how I omitted Per Nilsson, he's a fucking monstrous player. Did anyone vote for him?

LithoJazzoSphere must've!

Who does Per Nilsson play with?

His penultimate instrument

OK twosuitsglasser

:lol

Offline HOF

« Reply #1310 on: April 29, 2023, 12:24:50 PM »
The one guy on my list who I had rated highly (9th) but I don’t think anyone else voted for was Doug Ott from Enchant. He’s just a great melodic soloist but he also has some major chops. Reminds me a good bit of Neal Schon and Alex Lifeson. I know there are some other Enchant fans here, but maybe none of them submitted a list.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1311 on: April 29, 2023, 12:27:15 PM »
Plini is another guitarist that would have made my list. He is extremely creative.

I don't know how many of you remember, but he used to post over on Mike Portnoy's old forum all the time. I remember he did some forum collabs and made some songs based on suggestions from the people that posted in the threads he made. I still have those songs somewhere, I should dig them up and share them here. I wanna say that was like 12-13 years ago.

I'm not sure if he ever posts here or even has an account here.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1312 on: April 29, 2023, 12:30:40 PM »
Plini is another guitarist that would have made my list. He is extremely creative.

I don't know how many of you remember, but he used to post over on Mike Portnoy's old forum all the time. I remember he did some forum collabs and made some songs based on suggestions from the people that posted in the threads he made. I still have those songs somewhere, I should dig them up and share them here. I wanna say that was like 12-13 years ago.

I'm not sure if he ever posts here or even has an account here.

Seen him a few times, great performer.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1313 on: April 29, 2023, 12:33:59 PM »
Paul Masvidal is another beast. Cynic is excellent and he played on Death's album Human.

He is for sure, but as much Cynic as I've listened to, I'm not always sure what he's playing vs. Gobel, or even Kruidenier later on.  All those albums are more of team efforts for me rather than a focus on an individual performance. 

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1314 on: April 29, 2023, 12:39:00 PM »
The one guy on my list who I had rated highly (9th) but I don’t think anyone else voted for was Doug Ott from Enchant. He’s just a great melodic soloist but he also has some major chops. Reminds me a good bit of Neal Schon and Alex Lifeson. I know there are some other Enchant fans here, but maybe none of them submitted a list.

Well, I'd be one of them  :) Love Doug Ott's playing (and Enchant, of course)

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1315 on: April 29, 2023, 12:43:26 PM »

Well, I'd be one of them  :) Love Doug Ott's playing (and Enchant, of course)

Love Doug Ott! He flies under the radar as well as Enchant.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1316 on: April 29, 2023, 12:54:26 PM »
You know I completely blanked on my list. Nick Johnston, he has some really amazing music and is just a stellar player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99Ao2wS644

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1317 on: April 29, 2023, 02:43:07 PM »
Rik Emmett is a guy that would have made my list up until recently, but I gave a few Triumph albums somewhat recent listens and was surprised by how well they didn't age. I still love some of their songs, but I just don't listen to them much anymore outside of a few songs I will reach for on their own, and like Eric Johnson, I cannot justify putting someone on there I almost never listen to anymore.

I saw him on his last acoustic tour a few years ago, and that pretty much cemented him in my all time top 5. Amazing guitarists, frontman, showman, and songwriter. Truly the total package.

Agreed.  But even with Joe/I throwing him 20 points each, he still wouldn't have cracked the Top 25.

Looks like lonestar and I gave Rik 40 of his 46 points, which makes me think only three folks listed him.  Most unfortunate.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1318 on: April 29, 2023, 03:00:40 PM »
Rik Emmett is a guy that would have made my list up until recently, but I gave a few Triumph albums somewhat recent listens and was surprised by how well they didn't age. I still love some of their songs, but I just don't listen to them much anymore outside of a few songs I will reach for on their own, and like Eric Johnson, I cannot justify putting someone on there I almost never listen to anymore.

I saw him on his last acoustic tour a few years ago, and that pretty much cemented him in my all time top 5. Amazing guitarists, frontman, showman, and songwriter. Truly the total package.

Agreed.  But even with Joe/I throwing him 20 points each, he still wouldn't have cracked the Top 25.

Looks like lonestar and I gave Rik 40 of his 46 points, which makes me think only three folks listed him.  Most unfortunate.

Yeah, damn shame. Not as criminal as how Townshend or Rothery got wronged, but a damn shame

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1319 on: April 29, 2023, 03:37:12 PM »
Per was another one that probably should have made my list.  What an amazing style.  I love this video from him;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZ27N9L3GQ
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1320 on: April 29, 2023, 04:14:52 PM »
Yeah, damn shame. Not as criminal as how Townshend or Rothery got wronged, but a damn shame

Marillion, I can understand, they're a quite popular band here, so you'd expect people associated with them to perform better.  But The Who, despite having one of the earliest concept albums, is further away from DTF tastes.  I looked back and you were the only one to have them in your top 3 artists/albums/songs in a thread we did.  And especially given how lead-heavy the list slants, his placing would have been even more surprising.  Hetfield was an outlier, and mostly just because of how massive Metallica is. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1321 on: April 29, 2023, 04:38:24 PM »
Timo Tolkki   1

Interesting I was the only one that ranked Timo.  Stratovarius being a power house influential power metal band, I thought he'd get at least a couple of mentions.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1322 on: April 29, 2023, 04:46:08 PM »
I would have had him somewhere back when I was deeper into power metal.  I kind of soured on them for awhile, more so Kotipelto, though that whole debacle with disbanding the band and all for awhile was bizarre at the time, and my interest has never really recovered. 

Offline Glasser

« Reply #1323 on: April 29, 2023, 05:06:58 PM »

Rik should have been on my list. That was an epic miss on my part.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1324 on: April 29, 2023, 05:17:59 PM »
I would have had him somewhere back when I was deeper into power metal.  I kind of soured on them for awhile, more so Kotipelto, though that whole debacle with disbanding the band and all for awhile was bizarre at the time, and my interest has never really recovered.

I remember going through all that in real time.  It was incredible.  :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1325 on: April 29, 2023, 05:22:08 PM »

Oh yea. It was nuts. Remember Miss K or whatever?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1326 on: April 29, 2023, 05:24:41 PM »

Oh yea. It was nuts. Remember Miss K or whatever?

:lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1327 on: April 29, 2023, 05:33:20 PM »

Marillion, I can understand, they're a quite popular band here, so you'd expect people associated with them to perform better.  But The Who, despite having one of the earliest concept albums, is further away from DTF tastes.  I looked back and you were the only one to have them in your top 3 artists/albums/songs in a thread we did.  And especially given how lead-heavy the list slants, his placing would have been even more surprising.  Hetfield was an outlier, and mostly just because of how massive Metallica is.

That's more the reason I initially thought Pete would get skunked, he just doesn't have the impact here, although there are a good deal who haven't done official lists who have Quadrophenia in their top albums as well.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1328 on: April 29, 2023, 05:41:06 PM »

That's more the reason I initially thought Pete would get skunked, he just doesn't have the impact here, although there are a good deal who haven't done official lists who have Quadrophenia in their top albums as well.

I listened to Quadrophenia for the first time in my life about 3 months ago.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1329 on: April 29, 2023, 06:07:12 PM »

I listened to Quadrophenia for the first time in my life about 3 months ago.

Really? Not a Who fan or what?