News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers

Started by KevShmev, March 07, 2023, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Pats are sucking it big time. I may get to bed at a decent time tonight!
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

Too early for that. Or too late for us old fucks. Lol
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

El Barto

Losing a second Jones has really screwed up their secondary. As for the front seven, they're not getting any penetration and they can't tackle for shit. This is something they'll work out, though.

King Postwhore

TAC

Quote from: El Barto on September 17, 2023, 06:46:31 PM
Losing a second Jones has really screwed up their secondary. As for the front seven, they're not getting any penetration and they can't tackle for shit. This is something they'll work out, though.

That was a bad last drive they gave up in no time flat.

Is Matt Patricia leading the Offence this week? They look awful. And Mac Jones just isn't good enough to overcome anything.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

faizoff

Bucs have continued to stay consistent and are largely doing things in a positive direction. Probably a Todd Bowles thing to start playing the offense conservatively when they had a 10 pt lead in the 4th but defense came up huge at the end. They're definitely going to give the Eagles a run for their money next week.

Baker has been doing all the right things so far, after that terrible first half in the first game apart from the last 2 mins, he's been playing it really cool. Very hard to take down by the defense. I really hope he doesn't get injured during those runs. The running game has been relevant and actually making a dent removing the stench from the boring predictable run plays from Leftwich.

Just 2 games but at least they're not a mockery like I was thinking they would be.

faizoff

Also many of the rookies on both defense and offense have been making major contributions these past two games scoring TDs, getting yards, sacks and INTS. Really hope it continues.

King Postwhore

Quote from: TAC on September 17, 2023, 06:48:34 PM

Is Matt Patricia leading the Offence this week? They look awful. And Mac Jones just isn't good enough to overcome anything.

It's the offensive line, if you know anything about football

And thst 3rd down proves my point. .

pg1067

Quote from: TAC on September 17, 2023, 04:48:40 PM
Quote from: Kinger on September 17, 2023, 04:47:00 PM
Denver got screwed. Thar was pass interference on the 2 point conversation.

eh, fuck 'em.

No, you!   :biggrin:

Our local station switched over to the Broncos game after the Rams game was done, so I got to see the end of that game.  That was an absolutely insane score on the touchdown.  I didn't see any blatant PI on the conversion, but I haven't seen any replays, so....  Either way, if we had a decent offensive line, I think that would've been a gimme.

TAC

You're a Broncos fan Paul?

pg1067

Yup.  I have been since the season leading up to SB12.  The first 20 years - with four SB losses - were pretty tough.

TAC

Quote from: pg1067 on September 17, 2023, 07:16:10 PM
Yup.  I have been since the season leading up to SB12.  The first 20 years - with four SB losses - were pretty tough.

You'll have to ignore my posts from here on out.

You probably do anyway.. :lol

King Postwhore

Tim, we don't ignore.   We mock.

faizoff

lmao at that special teams block by the Pats.

El Barto

Quote from: pg1067 on September 17, 2023, 07:02:26 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 17, 2023, 04:48:40 PM
Quote from: Kinger on September 17, 2023, 04:47:00 PM
Denver got screwed. Thar was pass interference on the 2 point conversation.

eh, fuck 'em.

No, you!   :biggrin:

Our local station switched over to the Broncos game after the Rams game was done, so I got to see the end of that game.  That was an absolutely insane score on the touchdown.  I didn't see any blatant PI on the conversion, but I haven't seen any replays, so....  Either way, if we had a decent offensive line, I think that would've been a gimme.
It wasn't blatant, but he definitely hooked the arm a wee bit early.

TAC

That happens on every play and I'm glad it wasn't called.

El Barto

Quote from: Kinger on September 17, 2023, 07:00:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 17, 2023, 06:48:34 PM

It's the offensive line, if you know anything about football

And thst 3rd down proves my point. .
When/if they get to full strength it'll open up the run game a whole lot more and everything should improve.

That was a seriously contemptuous red flag toss. You could see the hate in Bill's eyes. :lol

King Postwhore

Quote from: TAC on September 17, 2023, 07:22:26 PM

That is something that should be called in thst instance.

King Postwhore

El Barto, that red flag and snarl was glorious. 

TAC

Quote from: Kinger on September 17, 2023, 07:25:15 PM

Let 'em play. It wasn't egregious.

TAC

What a fucking marshmallow. Good night.

King Postwhore

I blame Parker on that one.

El Barto

Quote from: TAC on September 17, 2023, 07:26:48 PM
Quote from: Kinger on September 17, 2023, 07:25:15 PM

Let 'em play. It wasn't egregious.
It cost a team a game? So what, as long as you're subtle you can interfere?

El Barto

Quote from: Kinger on September 17, 2023, 07:28:25 PM
I blame Parker on that one.
I blame both of them. It was a bad throw and Parker needed to turn defensive. But yeah, it's probably more on Parker. He's supposed to be the guy that makes those contested catches.

King Postwhore

Parker was out of bounds on that throw. It's on him. 

El Barto

Quote from: Kinger on September 17, 2023, 07:33:12 PM
Parker was out of bounds on that throw. It's on him.
More accurately, he let Howard run him out of bounds, so it's on him. Still, Mac had no business throwing that ball. It was a grab ball to a receiver that'd been manhandled. 

King Postwhore

Timing throw El Barto.  It's on the receiver.

El Barto

Speaking of ill-advised throws. That was a pick as soon as it left Tua's hand.

King Postwhore

Man, El Barto.

That offensive line is the is the problem with the Pats offensive. 

El Barto

Quote from: Kinger on September 17, 2023, 07:49:50 PM
Man, El Barto.

That offensive line is the is the problem with the Pats offensive.
Their D line is failing them, too. They haven't been tackling for shit tonight. Good news is that they'll work that out.

King Postwhore

I'm happy that their competitive.   Their GM have hurt them.

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

King Postwhore

That's the right call.  He was short. Good win by Miami.

El Barto

Close call at the end. I think the thing that was overlooked is that the official coming in from behind was pretty demonstrative that it was a first down. If it was questionable on the field then maybe you overturn that, but there wasn't enough to overturn a definitive call, which I think there was.

In any case, the Patriots honestly had no business still being in that game. They're tough about hanging around, though, and once they get their shit together they'll be a solid team. Trent Brown and Sidy Sow will definitely help, and their tackling will improve. At that point it'll simply be not letting MacCorkle beat them.

edit: Nice grab by Cole Strange. Dude took charge and barrelled forward as well as a guard can.