2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers

Started by KevShmev, March 07, 2023, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

I'm not sure yet if they know what they want him to be yet. I'm hoping they figure it out soon.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

El Barto

Quote from: Kinger on August 30, 2023, 12:41:54 PM
I'm not sure yet if they know what they want him to be yet. I'm hoping they figure it out soon.
If you're referring to Malik Cunningham, my guess would be Cordorelle Patterson but with the ability to play QB. I think they just see him as one of those people you find ways to get the ball in his hands. He's also not the first QB NE has converted to WR, and at least one of them turned legendary on us.

King Postwhore

That's the talk. Also, have a set of plays where he can do the wildcat but with the option to through.  Ect...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Stadler

I always got the sense that Bill LOVED Cordelle, but for whatever reason, Cordelle wasn't fully invested (in a way that Julian was, for example) in the Patriot Way.  He (Cordelle) sort of struck me the same way that LeGarrette Blount did; guys who wanted to look like they were putting in the effort, but in the hopes of getting the big payday somewhere else.

Dream Team

My team (10 team league):

QB - Fields, Prescott
RB - Josh Jacobs, Dalvin Cook, Kamara, Javonte Williams, Gainwell
WR - Ja'Marr Chase, DK Metcalf, Aiyuk, Gallup, Gabe Davis
TE - Njoku, Okonkwo

No defense or kickers in my league.

Dream Team

Well here we go. It seems there is more parity than ever in the NFL, especially the AFC. Can't wait to see how it shakes out. I'm going to try to avoid the most obvious chalkboard picks here, because anything can happen - there's always teams who stink that you don't expect and vice versa. I expect most of these divisions to be bunched up very closely, 11-6 will win some divisions with an 8 or 9 win team being in last place.

1. Jets - it's set up for them this year if they can survive the first 6 games
2. Dolphins - two team race with the Jets
3. Patriots - improvement is inevitable, many close losses last year
4. Bills - due for regression and Allen is likely to get hurt with his style

1. Ravens - this is a 3-team race
2. Steelers - lots of people sleeping on them, Kenny Pickett was the best player of the pre-season
3. Bengals - could be 3 teams from the North in the playoffs
4. Browns - may they finish in last place in perpetuity

1. Jags - the most likely Division in the NFL
2. Titans - Vrabel will get the most out of them
3. Colts - only here because the Texans are worse
4. Texans - will be fighting the Cardinals for the #1 pick

1. Chargers - things have to go right for them eventually
2. Chiefs - too many tough games on the schedule but will be a Wild Card
3. Broncos - will be much improved but are in a tough division
4. Raiders - I expect they'll still be pretty good despite being 4th, D is the question mark

1. Cowboys - two team race here
2. Eagles - maybe not quite as dominant after losing some players
3. Giants - just like last year, expect a lot of gritty wins
4. Commanders - someone has to finish last but Howell looks promising

1. Packers - shock the world, the team behind Love is very good
2. Lions - close race with the Pack results in the first playoff berth since '93
3. Vikings - no repeat on last year's historic luck
4. Bears - still a work in progress

1. Saints - the efficient Carr will do well I believe
2. Falcons - a three team race for last place
3. Bucs - it all depends on Mayfield
4. Panthers - I guess?

1. Seahawks - nailed the draft
2. Niners - will probably have major injuries again
3. Rams - worse seasons ahead
4. Cardinals - Caleb Williams is the goal

MVP - Herbert
Not trying to pick the playoffs

El Barto

The AFC-E really is up for grabs. NE will continue to own the Jets, and I think they steal a game from Buffalo this year. Miami's unpredictable, and the truth is that every snap could be Tua's last. I agree that Buffalo is likely to regress, but they're still the best team in the division, even if the others are gaining on them.

TheCountOfNYC

Quote from: Dream Team on September 05, 2023, 05:57:01 AM
2. Lions - close race with the Pack results in the first playoff berth since '93

The Lions last made the playoffs in 2016.

Jamesman42

Yeah Barto, I am hoping Tua learned to fall consistently well over this off-season for when he gets sacked behind that bad line.
\o\ lol /o/

Samsara

Gonna jinx my team saying this, but

NEW YORK FUCKING JETS, SUPER BOWL CHAMPS.

Not saying when, but at some point...  :lol

Jamesman42

With all due respect: fuck the Jets.

Dolphins are going all the way this year  :millahhhh
\o\ lol /o/

King Postwhore

I'm Just sitting here in 4th just loving the hate. Lol

El Barto

Making my preseason predictions I've come to some odd conclusions.

Between the Bosa situation and questions about Purdy I'm picking Seattle to win the West. SF is a super-talented team, but one team got better while the other is at best holding it together.

I think every team in the AFC East goes 3-3 against the division. Buffalo and NE are the teams that might eek out an extra win. The division is still Buffalo's, though.

Dallas will retake the East.

El Barto

. . .and. . . there goes Bosa. That's probably enough to swing things back around.

bosk1

I think SF is every bit as good as they were last year, whether Bosa plays the first few games or not.  It is frustrating and baffling that they still haven't reached a deal for whatever reason.  But the rest of the team is solid, and they can soldier on without him for a few games if need be.  I have zero questions about Purdy.  I would say I'm not seeing Seattle even sniffing the division title, but they somehow manage to stay relevant to the discussion in the last weeks of the season more often than not. 

I haven't really been following others teams during the off season to even try to make credible predictions about any of them.

EDIT:  Well, okay then. 

El Barto

Quote from: bosk1 on September 06, 2023, 01:18:44 PM
I think SF is every bit as good as they were last year, whether Bosa plays the first few games or not.  It is frustrating and baffling that they still haven't reached a deal for whatever reason.  But the rest of the team is solid, and they can soldier on without him for a few games if need be.  I have zero questions about Purdy.  I would say I'm not seeing Seattle even sniffing the division title, but they somehow manage to stay relevant to the discussion in the last weeks of the season more often than not. 

I haven't really been following others teams during the off season to even try to make credible predictions about any of them.
He just signed. ~35m/yr.

bosk1

Saw and edited.  The ink wasn't dry yet when I originally posted.  ;)

Stadler

I do a lot of work with a law firm that is HQ'd in downtown Philly; we had a nice chat today about Sunday's game.   He's not thrilled AT ALL that the Vegas line has Eagles by 3 1/2.  Haha. 

El Barto

Quote from: Stadler on September 06, 2023, 01:26:57 PM
I do a lot of work with a law firm that is HQ'd in downtown Philly; we had a nice chat today about Sunday's game.   He's not thrilled AT ALL that the Vegas line has Eagles by 3 1/2.  Haha.
I saw it a 4.5 and still thought it was low. However, HFA factors into it, and more-so with the Brady deal.

NE's problem this year is the schedule for the first half of the season, where they've traditionally struggled, is absolutely brutal. I don't know, perhaps that's a good thing. They'll be a solid team down the stretch, and the toughest part of the schedule will be behind them.

hefdaddy42

Any news on an NFL Survivor thread this season?
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Cool Chris

I can set it up when I get home from work today if there is interest.

hefdaddy42

I mean, I'm interested.  Just not sure how much participation there will be given the short notice (season kicks off tonight).
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

faizoff

El Barto

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on September 07, 2023, 10:11:39 AM
I mean, I'm interested.  Just not sure how much participation there will be given the short notice (season kicks off tonight).
I'm tempted to say that there's not much preparation needed, but it does seem like tonight's game might be one of the most popular picks. In any case, I'm in, as always.

Cool Chris

If anyone wants to pick tonight's game just do so in this thread and I'll move it to the Survivor thread when I post it.

I lost track of the start of the NFL season with school starting this week for my kids. First year of middle school for the older and the younger one starting kindergarten.

bosk1

I predict Mahomes will suffer a career-ending injury as part of the most lopsided and embarrassing defeat in the history of Andy Reid's coaching career.

Wait...were you asking for wishes or predictions?

lonestar

The survivor is to pick a game a week, with last man standing winning, right? And you can't use a team more than once?

Anything else I need to know, may participate this year.
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

Cool Chris

lonestar

Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

hefdaddy42

Quote from: Cool Chris on September 07, 2023, 10:35:58 AM
If anyone wants to pick tonight's game just do so in this thread and I'll move it to the Survivor thread when I post it.

For this week, I'll take Baltimore over Houston.

bosk1

Same.  For week 1, that seems like one of the safer bets.

pg1067

Washington > Arizona for me.

Jamesman42

Also very interested.

Edit: My bad, just saw to post it in here. Give me Baltimore over Houston.
\o\ lol /o/

Skeever

Feels good to be watching the GOAT again.

Dream Team

Mid-way through the 4th quarter and Goff has led his offense to 7 points against a sub-par KC defense.

Edit: now it's 14. Lions are legit, their D seems much improved.