News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers

Started by KevShmev, March 07, 2023, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Jimmy G to Jakobi Myers for the GWTD! :lol  :metal
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Jamesman42

That was a wild, heart-attack inducing Dolphins game. So business as usual.
\o\ lol /o/

Dream Team

Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 10, 2023, 05:38:45 PM
That was a wild, heart-attack inducing Dolphins game. So business as usual.

Awesome shoot-out. Lol Burrow/Bengals and Broncos. Steelers suck. Some really bad QB performances in those early games including Tannehill who was atrocious. Can't believe Vrabel is still starting that guy.

Jamesman42

Aww man, is Tannehill going downhill? I enjoyed a lot of his Dolphins years and what bits I have seen in Ten.
\o\ lol /o/

El Barto

Quote from: TAC on September 10, 2023, 04:52:53 PM
They could've had this one, but they just weren't ready to start on time. Let's hope it's all worked out.
I think the rain had more to do with it than preparedness. Zeek's played indoors his entire career, and McCorkle was clearly not gripping the ball well. Some QB's just suck throwing a wet football (Troy was like that, IIRC). It was when the rain stopped that their game picked up bigtime.

QuoteI don't understand why they didn't kick a FG on 4th and 3 with about 9 minutes left.
I was puzzled by that, as well. Going for it 4th and 8 at the 36 was the right call, though that should still be within Ryland's range. The 4th and 3 was a gimme, though. I think he just figured they'd convert it. Given the way their D had played, though, the safer call would have made sense, though.

In any case, this was a much better showing than I expected. They always take a few games to work the kinks out, and the first third of the season's the rough part this year.

Ben_Jamin

Did people forget about Football? I expected more people to be talking about this game. So far, I have seen nothing....

jammindude

Just a little (more like massively) embarrassed by my Seahawks today.

I didn't expect a Super Bowl contender, mind you. But I expected a mildly improved defense and possibly getting an average year out of an average QB because of making some moves on the O-line. But today looked like a mid season meltdown on opening day.

Is it hockey season yet?

nobloodyname

Quote from: faizoff on September 10, 2023, 01:08:51 PM
2nd half Baker and Bucs offense were a lot better and gives me some hope for them. Not holding my breath as Vikes were awful too.

Get used to that with Baker :lol He'll seduce you for a while...

Meanwhile, nice performance by the Browns, especially the D. Our RT has just been ruled out for the season, though, with ACL and MCL. Ouch. Makes the Steelers game next week more interesting because our LT still isn't really convincing anyone.
"I'm not just liking Dream Theater to get in your pants."

ProfessorPeart

Rodgers doesn't last a series. As a Bears fan, well, best to keep it to myself.
Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AMbeul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PMPardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history.

Skeever

El Barto

Who could have possibly predicted that the Jet's O-line would get St. Rodgers killed? :lol The only surprise here is that it took as long as it did.

But hey, at least he's not playing for NE.

Dream Team

faizoff

I really wished the Bucs had retained Jordan Whitehead, he was great on the defense. As for Rodgers wow.

ProfessorPeart

Heck of an entertaining game. Not a masterpiece by any means, but darn entertaining.
Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AMbeul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PMPardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history.

faizoff

Glad this turned out to be a very entertaining game. That catch by Wilson was sublime.

ProfessorPeart

faizoff

Crazy that Josh Allen is 0-5 now in overtime. What an insane finish.

axeman90210

LET'S FUCKING GO

You guys, I'm gonna need a cigarette after that

El Barto

Even though that was a money game for me (BUF), I was honestly rooting for the Jets. In the long run it won't matter (to me or to them), and it was a fun game. It honestly couldn't have ended any better.

pg1067

This is how I feel about Josh Allen (my fantasy starting QB) right about now...

El Barto

Fun fact. The guy who got pancaked to give up the Rodgers injury was LT Duane Brown. Had the Jets been able to draft a high-grade tackle in this year's draft that probably wouldn't have happened.   :rollin

faizoff

Saleh is saying it might be a serious Achilles injury for Rodgers. Well then.

El Barto

Quote from: faizoff on September 11, 2023, 08:58:57 PM
Saleh is saying it might be a serious Achilles injury for Rodgers. Well then.
As a football fan it would sadden me deeply if the last time we see Rodgers is on the back of a cart. I don't much care for the guy, but I don't want to see any of the greats go out like that.

Still, he kinda asked for it.

faizoff

Would indeed be a shame if he decides to call it quits if that is a season ending injury. If he's up for it to play next year, hard to say which team will take that risk.

El Barto

Looks like the Jets have all but confirmed a torn Achilles. That's rough. A return next year would put him in the elite company of Alan Shepard in terms of comeback stories. To that end I'm rooting for the guy. I'd like to see him pull it off.

Either way the Jets are totally fucked. They've committed a helluva lot of cap space to him.

Skeever

Quote from: El Barto on September 11, 2023, 10:12:44 PM
Looks like the Jets have all but confirmed a torn Achilles. That's rough. A return next year would put him in the elite company of Alan Shepard in terms of comeback stories. To that end I'm rooting for the guy. I'd like to see him pull it off.

Either way the Jets are totally fucked. They've committed a helluva lot of cap space to him.

Not totally. They keep their 2024 first round pick in this scenario. Worst case was always going to be that he played all year (65% of snaps) but just sucked. That's what needed to happen to lose the pick.

It's going to be a wild year of ups and downs but this team was 7-10 last year and I think there's still a chance to somehow get in the playoffs.

Also I believe Joe Douglas is a smart guy. Wilson put together a nice little game for a backup where he only made one big mistake against a top tier team. But someway, somehow, I know he is shopping for a contingency plan already.

Stadler

Quote from: Skeever on September 12, 2023, 02:47:48 AM
Quote from: El Barto on September 11, 2023, 10:12:44 PM

Not totally. They keep their 2024 first round pick in this scenario. Worst case was always going to be that he played all year (65% of snaps) but just sucked. That's what needed to happen to lose the pick.

It's going to be a wild year of ups and downs but this team was 7-10 last year and I think there's still a chance to somehow get in the playoffs.

Also I believe Joe Douglas is a smart guy. Wilson put together a nice little game for a backup where he only made one big mistake against a top tier team. But someway, somehow, I know he is shopping for a contingency plan already.

I'm not really a Jets fan, but I can't imagine that too many people are like "well, it's okay we lost Aaron, we've got Zach!"

T-ski

As part of the trade, the Packers were to receive the Jets first round pick in '24 as long as Rodgers played 65% of the snaps this season, otherwise it turns into a second round pick.

So......ya.

ReaperKK

Really bummed about Rodgers, I almost choose him for my fantasy league this year too.

Dream Team

Jets showed a lot of moxie last night, but of course it helped that Josh Allen was truly terrible, again. But my goodness what a gut punch. Other musings:

Chiefs had Kelce and Jones out and and an abysmal night from their receivers and yet the Lions only won by a point, so I'm not sure how reassuring that is from a Lions' fan perspective but I'm fairly confident they'll at least make the playoffs.

Entire AFC North roster of QBs played like hot garbage, Watson and Jackson made a couple plays but honestly they all make 50mil a year except Pickett and ought to be embarrassed.

It's also interesting to see, among the dreck, some teams like the Dolphins, Niners, and Cowboys come out on fire. Three of the best rosters so totally not shocking.

How about those Rams? Reports of their demise might be premature.

Games I'm looking forward to this weekend & Monday night: Steelers-Browns, Chiefs-Jags (playoffs rematch), Niners-Rams, Fins-Pats, Seahawks-Lions, Ravens-Bengals.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: pg1067 on September 11, 2023, 08:43:36 PM
This is how I feel about Josh Allen (my fantasy starting QB) right about now...

Same.  Exactly the same.  My FF team hates him right now.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Dream Team

A headline the clickbait non-analytic crowd would love:

"Aaron Rodgers has the highest winning percentage of all time (1.000) of any QB ever with any specific team".

I sympathize with the above FF players, my team played lousy too. Yay 0-1

ProgMasterMind92