2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers

Started by KevShmev, March 07, 2023, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

Hot damn. I think the Lions will win this game!!
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

faizoff

Quote from: Kinger on September 07, 2023, 08:18:38 PM
Hot damn. I think the Lions will win this game!!

Well... there's still 2 mins will all timeouts available and Lions are up only 1 pt. Plus you know Lions are one team that can snatch defeater from the jaws of victory.

Quote from: Skeever on September 07, 2023, 06:30:26 PM
Feels good to be watching the GOAT again.

He's definitely GOATSeing it like no other GOAT.

King Postwhore

It's over now.  Run the clock out.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

faizoff

Nevermind, that went down a lot easier than I thought.

Congrats Lions, they played really well.

El Barto

The Lions won a tough game. I like it.  :tup The Chiefs are in trouble, though. I've already expressed concern that Mahomes actually thinks he is Superman, but it seems he's convinced Andy Reid that he is. Seriously, read this:

Quote1st & 10 at KC 45
(2:30 - 4th) P.Mahomes pass incomplete deep right to K.Toney.
2nd & 10 at KC 45
(2:25 - 4th) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short right to S.Moore to DET 38 for 17 yards (C.Sutton) [C.Harris]. PENALTY on KC-D.Smith, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at KC 45 - No Play.
2nd & 20 at KC 35
(2:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass incomplete short middle to S.Moore (C.Gardner-Johnson).
3rd & 20 at KC 35
(2:14 - 4th) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass incomplete deep right to R.Rice (C.Gardner-Johnson).
4th & 20 at KC 35
(2:09 - 4th) (Shotgun) PENALTY on KC-J.Taylor, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at KC 35 - No Play.
4th & 25 at KC 30
(2:09 - 4th) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass incomplete deep right to Ju.Watson [J.Cominsky].

This is how sure-thing SB repeaters put themselves in the doghouse. Mahomes will win games for you, but he's not fucking Jesus.

Stadler

This is the football thread.  There is no literal "Greatest Of All Time" at any position on the football field tonight.

Stadler

Quote from: El Barto on September 07, 2023, 08:38:44 PM
The Lions won a tough game. I like it.  :tup The Chiefs are in trouble, though. I've already expressed concern that Mahomes actually thinks he is Superman, but it seems he's convinced Andy Reid that he is. Seriously, read this:

Quote1st & 10 at KC 45
2nd & 10 at KC 45
(2:25 - 4th) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short right to S.Moore to DET 38 for 17 yards (C.Sutton) [C.Harris]. PENALTY on KC-D.Smith, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at KC 45 - No Play.
2nd & 20 at KC 35
(2:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass incomplete short middle to S.Moore (C.Gardner-Johnson).
3rd & 20 at KC 35
(2:14 - 4th) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass incomplete deep right to R.Rice (C.Gardner-Johnson).
4th & 20 at KC 35
(2:09 - 4th) (Shotgun) PENALTY on KC-J.Taylor, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at KC 35 - No Play.
4th & 25 at KC 30
(2:09 - 4th) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass incomplete deep right to Ju.Watson [J.Cominsky].

This is how sure-thing SB repeaters put themselves in the doghouse. Mahomes will win games for you, but he's not fucking Jesus.

And of course ONE of the things - not the only thing, but ONE of the things - I've been consistently saying is, he has to do all that "greatness" with a complete and utter revolution of the players around him.   He suffered not having Travis Kelce in the lineup.  The true GOAT doesn't care if you're missing your star tight end.

King Postwhore

I'm not going to go overboard yet Stads on Mahomes struggling.  It's one game in one season.  If he struggles over a few years then you can make that statement.  Right now it's just one loss. 

pg1067

Quote from: Dream Team on September 07, 2023, 08:02:20 PM
Mid-way through the 4th quarter and Goff has led his offense to 7 points against a sub-par KC defense.

Edit: now it's 14. Lions are legit, their D seems much improved.

Well...

The Lions offense did this:

Punt
Touchdown
Fumble
Punt
Turnover on downs
Punt
Punt
Punt
Touchdown
Turnover on downs
End of game

The defense played well against an offense that was missing its best non-QB weapon, but the offense was not particularly impressive.

A nice win to be sure, though.

Skeever

Quote1st & 10 at KC 45
2nd & 10 at KC 45
2nd & 20 at KC 35
3rd & 20 at KC 35
4th & 20 at KC 35
4th & 25 at KC 30

Yeah he was playing Madden out there. The amazing thing is it probably would have worked without one of the worst wide receiver performances I've seen in my life on a prime time game.

Quote from: Stadler on September 08, 2023, 05:56:03 AM

This is the football thread.  There is no literal "Greatest Of All Time" at any position on the football field tonight.

Uh huh

El Barto

Quote from: Skeever on September 08, 2023, 08:47:44 AM

Quote1st & 10 at KC 45
2nd & 10 at KC 45
2nd & 20 at KC 35
3rd & 20 at KC 35
4th & 20 at KC 35
4th & 25 at KC 30

Yeah he was playing Madden out there. The amazing thing is it probably would have worked without one of the worst wide receiver performances I've seen in my life on a prime time
Andy Reid probably agrees with you, and it will be their undoing.

Anybody remember when 4th and 2 was lambasted as one of the dumbest decisions ever?

Stadler

Quote from: Kinger on September 08, 2023, 06:02:25 AM
I'm not going to go overboard yet Stads on Mahomes struggling.  It's one game in one season.  If he struggles over a few years then you can make that statement.  Right now it's just one loss.

No, I'm not jumping the gun here; I don't think what I said is incorrect in the context of the game and that's all I was commenting on.  I don't yet know if it's correct in the context of the season, but I'm not saying that yet. 

bosk1

I'm just grateful any time the Chiefs lose, whether it is a trend or not.

Skeever

Quote from: El Barto on September 08, 2023, 08:56:28 AM

Quote1st & 10 at KC 45
2nd & 10 at KC 45
2nd & 20 at KC 35
3rd & 20 at KC 35
4th & 20 at KC 35
4th & 25 at KC 30

Yeah he was playing Madden out there. The amazing thing is it probably would have worked without one of the worst wide receiver performances I've seen in my life on a prime time

Anybody remember when 4th and 2 was lambasted as one of the dumbest decisions ever?

It's not just me and Andy

Dream Team

Crazy stat from last night: Kadarius Toney had more drops last night (4, including the one he flipped for the pick-6) than Larry Fitzgerald had his ENTIRE CAREER. Some of the memes of the Chiefs' receivers are hilarious. KC would have rolled them with even competent WR play.  :lol

T-ski

Quote from: Dream Team on September 09, 2023, 05:31:46 AM
Crazy stat from last night: Kadarius Toney had more drops last night (4, including the one he flipped for the pick-6) than Larry Fitzgerald had his ENTIRE CAREER. Some of the memes of the Chiefs' receivers are hilarious. KC would have rolled them with even competent WR play.  :lol

This stat seemed a little too far fetched to me so I looked it up. Fitzgerald had 29 career drops.

I do agree KC wins that game with competent receivers though.

El Barto

Quote from: Skeever on September 08, 2023, 01:54:12 PM
Quote from: El Barto on September 08, 2023, 08:56:28 AM

Quote1st & 10 at KC 45
2nd & 10 at KC 45
2nd & 20 at KC 35
3rd & 20 at KC 35
4th & 20 at KC 35
4th & 25 at KC 30

It's not just me and Andy
Nope. It sure isn't. And the more people who buy into that sort of thinking the more it reinforces that kind of foolishness. But by all means, I want the Chiefs to continue making absurd decisions on the belief that Mahomes can walk on water. I say keep it up.

I guarantee you this isn't the only game KC loses this year because of the Mahomes Kool Aid. That's not a knock against the kid. He is the best QB in the league right now. He's just not Jesus and it's a mistake to put your faith in his ability to turn water into wine.

Skeever

The Chiefs can't put it all on Mahomes, sure.
Making Mahomes the center of the problem is just the typical bullshit we see him get hit with year after year. He's obviously not the reason the Chiefs lost, but actually, the only reason the Chiefs were even in the game.

King Postwhore

Who's doing that though?  All I've read is people killing the GM for not having a better recieving core.  Mahomes took less than he could have and they won't sign their best defense player to a long term deal and no #1 receiver.

Sounds very familiar for us living in New England. 

El Barto

Quote from: Skeever on September 09, 2023, 04:28:51 PM
The Chiefs can't put it all on Mahomes, sure.
Making Mahomes the center of the problem is just the typical bullshit we see him get hit with year after year. He's obviously not the reason the Chiefs lost, but actually, the only reason the Chiefs were even in the game.
Yeah, I was actually pinning the loss on Andy Reid. I don't blame Mahomes for not being the messiah he thinks he is. He did what he could do under the circumstances. It's the coach's fault for being Andrew the Apostle, tossing his net astray.

Skeever

And we know Mahomes thinks he's the messiah by....?

C'mon. Look at his contract. Look at the way he acts. He obviously doesn't think he's the messiah.

King Postwhore

He definitely took less, which is crazy to say about 45 million dollars.  But here we are over 50 a few years later.

lonestar

Niners are opening strooooooooong....
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

faizoff

I was hoping Baker Mayfield would be a serviceable Kirk Cousins type of QB but he's way more awful than I thought. 2-15 might be a generous record. The defense is still in it so far.

faizoff

....aaaand as I write that he's throwing lasers and good throws and gets a TD. I'm hoping he's settling in because until the last drive his throws were just awful.

El Barto

Quote from: Skeever on September 10, 2023, 05:36:28 AM
And we know Mahomes thinks he's the messiah by....?

C'mon. Look at his contract. Look at the way he acts. He obviously doesn't think he's the messiah.
Because Jesus was so highly motivated by profit.  :biggrin:

I'm using Jesus interchangeably with Superman. He thinks he can scramble, break three tackles, throw left handed off of his back foot while falling backwards on every play, no matter the situation. He does have a knack for that sort of thing, but he doesn't seem to grasp that sometimes it's better to take nothing than to risk it all hoping for a miracle. That's what I mean when I say he thinks he's Jesus/Superman, and it has cost them some games. It will continue to cost them some games until he matures a bit and learns to play more situational football. Or, Andy Reid decides go with his instincts rather than his faith that Mahomes can turn miracles as needed.

faizoff

2nd half Baker and Bucs offense were a lot better and gives me some hope for them. Not holding my breath as Vikes were awful too.

lonestar

Ridiculously dominating performance by the Niners. Damn man...
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

TAC

Yup, this is gonna be a long season...
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

King Postwhore

Nice response from both sides of the ball for the Pats. 

TAC

The D has been excellent.

The O-line seems to have settled in.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

El Barto

Helluva game. The good news is that I had this down as the toughest game of the season for NE. I didn't think they'd be competitive in this one.

King Postwhore

Agree, El Barto. They will be competitive all year.

TAC

They could've had this one, but they just weren't ready to start on time. Let's hope it's all worked out.

I don't understand why they didn't kick a FG on 4th and 3 with about 9 minutes left.