Author Topic: 2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers  (Read 72039 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: 2023 NFL Thread
« Reply #315 on: April 28, 2023, 10:40:00 AM »
Holy shit, the trade back makes perfect sense now. It wasn't about getting the extra pick, I thought 120 was quite low, but rather fucking over the NYJ. They knew NY wanted Broderick Jones, and Pitt was likely to take him. According to Matt Groh, they had intel that WTF preferred a different CB than Gonzalez, so they were almost certain to still get the CB they wanted in Gonzalez regardless. Get a bonus pick, the player you want, and screw a division rival all at the same time. Things like this are why I love Bill Belichick.  :lol

I loved that too.  I think it was either Greeny or Adam Schecter implied this.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #316 on: April 28, 2023, 10:53:31 AM »
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #317 on: April 28, 2023, 11:54:09 AM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #318 on: April 28, 2023, 12:22:51 PM »
Belichick needs to get a t-shirt that says:

I MAY NEVER WIN AGAIN WITHOUT BBB, BUT NEITHER WILL THE JETS

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #319 on: April 28, 2023, 03:57:40 PM »
Yeah, knowing the Jets were in the market for a tackle in the first round didn't exactly require much espionage, it's been open knowledge since Rodgers announced his intention to play here. I can't argue with the first round pick given how the draft played out. All the tackles worth taking at 15 were gone, Joe spent most of his 10 minutes working the phones to find a decent trade down, and then went with their board when no worthwhile trades appeared. I can't get mad at the team adding more pass rushers, the AFC is loaded at QB.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #320 on: April 28, 2023, 05:39:27 PM »
Joe will hate this, but NE might trade up over GB to snag S Brian Branch as a DMac replacement.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #321 on: April 28, 2023, 05:49:57 PM »
No. They need to prepare I'd be OK with it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #322 on: April 28, 2023, 06:16:50 PM »
Joe will hate this, but NE might trade up over GB to snag S Brian Branch as a DMac replacement.

Just missed him.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #323 on: April 28, 2023, 06:18:09 PM »
Didn't expect a DE. This guy kind of sounds like a Chase Winovich kind of player. Highly athletic, but kind of a crazy fuck.

Just missed him.
Detroit traded up to get Branch, and it was probably to get ahead of NE.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #324 on: April 28, 2023, 06:25:23 PM »
I hope he's better than Chace Winovich. If they took a Chace Winovich type player in the 2nd round, that's a reach. I have no idea what the consensus is on this DE though.

At some point, Bill is going to have to turn his attention to the Offense.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: April 28, 2023, 06:31:12 PM »
 I'll is saying fuck you Mac. You got your OC.  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #326 on: April 28, 2023, 06:35:18 PM »
I hope he's better than Chace Winovich. If they took a Chace Winovich type player in the 2nd round, that's a reach. I have no idea what the consensus is on this DE though.

At some point, Bill is going to have to turn his attention to the Offense.
This is where he was expected to go. He was projected as a late first or second rounder. The board I'm looking at had him at 44, so it definitely was not a reach. The deal is that he's not expected to be an immediate starter. He's got huge potential, but the feeling is that somebody needs to teach him how to really play the position. Bill can certainly do that. While he looks like Chase now, I think they're expecting more of an Uche kind of player.

I thought that they might get that red-headed freak OT that went with the next pick. The available OTs left are kind of in the same boat, though. They'll take a little time to grow into the position. I think that's why they didn't go WR, either. The difference between the OL and WR players available now and available in 3 and 4 just isn't that huge. You kind of got one of the big 4 receivers, or you take your time and get a good sleeper or two.

I'll is saying fuck you Mac. You got your OC.  :lol
See above.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #327 on: April 28, 2023, 06:47:22 PM »

I thought that they might get that red-headed freak OT that went with the next pick. The available OTs left are kind of in the same boat, though. They'll take a little time to grow into the position. I think that's why they didn't go WR, either.

There was talk about him around here today.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: April 28, 2023, 07:04:00 PM »
I get it, El Barto. As you know, the Pats take the best player on the board and I love DE's.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #329 on: April 28, 2023, 07:56:47 PM »
LB in Rd 3. Sorry Mac. :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #330 on: April 28, 2023, 10:14:01 PM »
LB in Rd 3. Sorry Mac. :lol
Safety, actually. He was a LB in college, but he's the textbook S/LB hybrid Bill loves. But yeah, Sorry Mac.  :lol

Personally, I'd like to have see an OL added. And if he's going to draft a safety, I'd prefer a DMac replacement over another Dugger, which is what this pick is. But, Bill's going to go with the best all around player from his, eh,  unique point of view. I think he's comfortable with their receiver situation, and he'll snag a few OL in the value part of the draft. He's got a pretty good track record with scrounging up offensive linemen, so we'll see how that goes. So far this hasn't been an immediate impact sort of draft, but I think it's a good foundational draft.

And an important point here is that this is McCorkle's season to win or lose. The test is to see how he plays with what he's got, rather than how he plays with a dream team around him. This season is as much a test for MJ as it is for BB, as it should be.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #331 on: April 29, 2023, 05:48:18 AM »
Definitely El Barto. That added extended 5th season is based off of this season. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #332 on: April 29, 2023, 05:56:55 AM »

And an important point here is that this is McCorkle's season to win or lose. The test is to see how he plays with what he's got, rather than how he plays with a dream team around him. This season is as much a test for MJ as it is for BB, as it should be.

Unless the Pats go 5-12, it's not much of a test for Bill. They can improve, but due to their schedule still have duplicate results (8-9, no playoffs) and Bill ain't going anywhere. Kraft is also hanging on for Bill to get Shula's Wins record.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: April 29, 2023, 06:00:32 AM »
2 plus years for that.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #334 on: April 29, 2023, 10:43:15 AM »
Typical Patriots draft at this point. They've got guys they like and they're drafting them early to be sure and get them. Sometimes way too early. I've got no problem taking a kicker in the 4th, but Ryland might not have been drafted at all. That said, NE has picks to burn (more picks than roster spots, in fact). Won't be surprised to see them snag a punter next. I'd be surprised if he was the consensus best punter in the draft, though.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #335 on: April 29, 2023, 04:53:30 PM »
Typical Patriots draft at this point. They've got guys they like and they're drafting them early to be sure and get them. Sometimes way too early. I've got no problem taking a kicker in the 4th, but Ryland might not have been drafted at all. That said, NE has picks to burn (more picks than roster spots, in fact). Won't be surprised to see them snag a punter next. I'd be surprised if he was the consensus best punter in the draft, though.

Sure enough.  Couple things I read was that he is considered the best punter in the draft, but the most surprising thing about him is that...he kicks right footed!

Grabbed two big CBs at the end of the draft. Nice to see the guy's actual name is...Speed! :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #336 on: April 29, 2023, 05:44:16 PM »

Sure enough.  Couple things I read was that he is considered the best punter in the draft, but the most surprising thing about him is that...he kicks right footed!

Grabbed two big CBs at the end of the draft. Nice to see the guy's actual name is...Speed! :lol
I was pretty much certain they'd draft a punter and a kicker. Not surprised by the punter, except that he was regarded as the best. Normally Bill marches to his own drum. Wasn't surprised by the weirdness of the kicker they drafted, although after the Rhorwasser thing I might have expected him to be at least a bit more conventional. I was surprised that they felt they needed to trade up to get him. My guess is that they had intel that somebody else also had him on their list. Recall that it came out later that at least two teams were actually going to beat NE to Cole Strange in the second.

Interestingly, I was convinced they'd reach for the top rated PK on the basis that he was left-footed.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #337 on: April 29, 2023, 06:54:21 PM »
You see the punter?  He looks like a P.I. with a fake stache on his lip. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #338 on: April 29, 2023, 06:57:34 PM »
You see the punter?  He looks like a P.I. with a fake stache on his lip. :lol

He looks nothing like you.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #339 on: April 29, 2023, 07:09:31 PM »
He sure doesn't.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #340 on: May 01, 2023, 11:07:36 AM »
Absolutely gut wrenching news about Bucs LB losing his 2 years old daughter in a drowning accident at the home pool.

I can't shake this news when I have a 2 year old kid myself.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #341 on: May 01, 2023, 11:11:19 AM »
Absolutely gut wrenching news about Bucs LB losing his 2 years old daughter in a drowning accident at the home pool.

I can't shake this news when I have a 2 year old kid myself.

I saw that. That's brutal. If you have a pool and small kids, there is so much responsibility that comes with that.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2023, 07:18:24 AM »
With the schedule being released, it's cool to see all the hype around the marquee matchups. However, the ones they hype up for Thanksgiving and Christmas lose a little oomph for me because teams are likely to be decimated by injuries by that time. The Philly - KC rematch isn't until Nov 20. Philly - SF isn't until Dec 3.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2023, 07:27:33 AM »
Some of the NFL teams on their social media have released some amusing takes. The Chargers account making an anime like they did last year was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5FBAbbDBh0&ab_channel=LosAngelesChargers

Jags one is good too, making a whole skit on how the NFL is all scripted.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online MusicMaker

« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2023, 08:15:48 AM »
Some of the NFL teams on their social media have released some amusing takes.

https://twitter.com/Titans/status/1656827454118412289

Titans sched release cracked me up.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #345 on: May 12, 2023, 12:14:11 PM »

That's the best thing I've seen all week!  I'll be particularly looking forward to the games against the Boston Bobcats, the Red Stallions and the Pirates from the Islands of the Caribbean.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: May 12, 2023, 10:42:05 PM »
That Titans Twitter video was way, way funnier than it should have been.

That first post after that clip with the various meaning of hand signals based on the arm angle was quite chuckalicious as well.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2023, 09:39:13 AM »

THat was great.  "49ers!!  69ers!!!".   Those looked to be filmed in Nashville on Broadway, I think.  Fun stuff!!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2023, 01:37:47 PM »

THat was great.  "49ers!!  69ers!!!".   Those looked to be filmed in Nashville on Broadway, I think.  Fun stuff!!

Given that the video starts with text on the screen that says, "We asked people on Broadway to help us," I think you're probably onto something here.   :biggrin:

By the way...the Atlanta Falcons have made some changes to their Twitter page:

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2023, 01:43:34 PM »
HAHAHA, thanks, Paul, I missed the first ten seconds or so out the gate! HAHA.  Call me Captain Obvious.

I love that the Falcons are playing along. That's fun.