Author Topic: 2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers  (Read 58506 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2023 NFL Thread v Mahomes is mortal and Collinsworth cannot deal
« Reply #1470 on: December 05, 2023, 01:49:32 PM »
If Mac was driving he wouldn’t have hit you.  Would’ve hit the other guy.

Not that Mac.  He was idling in the garage, Sunday.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1471 on: December 05, 2023, 06:35:44 PM »
Peyton: I'd be good if you want 1-yard hitches.  You have to take Brady. I'm sure he's got a bunker somewhere where he's still throwing routes.

:lol :lol :lol
Except we already know that Ocho Cinco couldn't run them reliably.  :lol

Haha, yeah, it's still funny to think of how terrible he was the one year he played in New England.  IIRC, he struggled to learn the offense, and Brady wasn't gonna throw to you if you weren't in the exact spot you were supposed to be within the offense.  I get the sense that Chad was a "I can get open, just find me and throw me the ball" kinda player.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1472 on: December 06, 2023, 06:46:38 AM »
Peyton: I'd be good if you want 1-yard hitches.  You have to take Brady. I'm sure he's got a bunker somewhere where he's still throwing routes.

Haha, yeah, it's still funny to think of how terrible he was the one year he played in New England.  IIRC, he struggled to learn the offense, and Brady wasn't gonna throw to you if you weren't in the exact spot you were supposed to be within the offense.  I get the sense that Chad was a "I can get open, just find me and throw me the ball" kinda player.

He absolutely was; he said as much on the Manningcast.  Eli (I think) asked him what he would say to someone like Beathard coming in late in the game and his answer was "just throw it up and I'll go get it. I got you, bro." or something equally inane. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1473 on: December 06, 2023, 08:10:37 AM »

He absolutely was; he said as much on the Manningcast.  Eli (I think) asked him what he would say to someone like Beathard coming in late in the game and his answer was "just throw it up and I'll go get it. I got you, bro." or something equally inane.

Yeah, every time Chad gave advice or "this is what I would do on this down" chatter, it seemed like schoolyard football rather than professional ball.  To their credit, Peyton and Eli didn't call him out or disagree with him, but I think we can probably guess what they were thinking.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1474 on: December 06, 2023, 08:44:44 AM »

That's what made Moss so special. He was as gifted as 85, but he also knew where every player on the field was supposed to be, where they actually were, and where he needed to be because of it. Players like that don't come around often. Marshall Faulk might be a whiny little bitch, but he was another of those guys, and he's got the gold blazer to show for it. Ocho Cinco might have been open on every play, but if you have to find him it's just not going to work.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1475 on: December 06, 2023, 09:07:50 AM »
When Moss was in college at Marshall, I was in attendance when he practically beat my alma mater Appalachian State all by his damn self.  He was amazing in the NFL, but he was overpowering in college.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1476 on: December 06, 2023, 09:13:46 AM »
Back to the Philly security guard issue, briefly:  Apparently, DiSandro asked for a meeting with John Lynch (SF General Manager) immediately after the game and apologized.  And apparently, Siriani also apologized to Shanahan for the incident.  Honestly, nothing but respect for both of them for doing that.  Both apparently acknowledged that he should not have been in that area, should not have interacted with a player, and should not have escalated the situation.   And both Lynch and Shanahan have spoken highly of DiSandro since then, and said they hope the NFL doesn't come down on him too hard. 

Honestly, I'm good with that.  I think the NFL still needs to make some sort of a statement, just because you can't leave the door open for non-players creating situations where they taunt or otherwise escalate situations that can interfere with a player's ability to play the game.  There are plenty of unscrupulous teams and individuals that would take advantage of any perceived leniency in that regard.  But as for this specific situation, nothing but respect for the four guys from both organizations mentioned above for the way they handled it after the fact.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1477 on: December 06, 2023, 09:23:58 AM »

That's what made Moss so special. He was as gifted as 85, but he also knew where every player on the field was supposed to be, where they actually were, and where he needed to be because of it. Players like that don't come around often. Marshall Faulk might be a whiny little bitch, but he was another of those guys, and he's got the gold blazer to show for it. Ocho Cinco might have been open on every play, but if you have to find him it's just not going to work.

Moss is weird to me because he should have been the best WR ever.  He was literally unstoppable when he felt like playing, but he had too many games/seasons where he didn't give a crap and played like he didn't give a crap.  I still remember the SI article during his career when several DBs basically said they knew early on if it was a "Randy doesn't care" game or a "Oh crap, we are in trouble today" game.  If Moss didn't get the ball early in the game, he wasn't going to keep giving maximum effort.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1478 on: December 06, 2023, 10:13:29 AM »
Does anyone have any idea when the Week 18 (final week) schedule gets finalized?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1479 on: December 06, 2023, 10:23:01 AM »
Back to the Philly security guard issue, briefly:  Apparently, DiSandro asked for a meeting with John Lynch (SF General Manager) immediately after the game and apologized.  And apparently, Siriani also apologized to Shanahan for the incident.  Honestly, nothing but respect for both of them for doing that.  Both apparently acknowledged that he should not have been in that area, should not have interacted with a player, and should not have escalated the situation.   And both Lynch and Shanahan have spoken highly of DiSandro since then, and said they hope the NFL doesn't come down on him too hard. 

Honestly, I'm good with that.  I think the NFL still needs to make some sort of a statement, just because you can't leave the door open for non-players creating situations where they taunt or otherwise escalate situations that can interfere with a player's ability to play the game.  There are plenty of unscrupulous teams and individuals that would take advantage of any perceived leniency in that regard.  But as for this specific situation, nothing but respect for the four guys from both organizations mentioned above for the way they handled it after the fact.

That was handled with class and it's good to hear that both sides are being civil.  :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1480 on: December 06, 2023, 07:58:09 PM »
Does anyone have any idea when the Week 18 (final week) schedule gets finalized?

Probably not till about a week before.  I think once the week 17 games are over, they will figure out what game will get flexed to the last Sunday night and move some games around for whatever reason.  I suspect many will get done before the last MNF game, but everything likely not till after that MNF game. That is my guess.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1481 on: December 06, 2023, 08:45:03 PM »

Probably not till about a week before.  I think once the week 17 games are over, they will figure out what game will get flexed to the last Sunday night and move some games around for whatever reason.  I suspect many will get done before the last MNF game, but everything likely not till after that MNF game. That is my guess.

So just a week out? WTF? We may jump on Pats tix that week, but I'd like to know when the hell it'll be. I mean, they're playing the Jets, so I assume it'll be a 1:00 game.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1482 on: December 07, 2023, 08:40:52 AM »

So just a week out? WTF? We may jump on Pats tix that week, but I'd like to know when the hell it'll be. I mean, they're playing the Jets, so I assume it'll be a 1:00 game.

With any luck, they will just cancel that game.  Pats/Jets right now sounds about as exciting as tonight's game will be.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1483 on: December 07, 2023, 08:44:14 AM »

Jets-Pats?  I can't imagine a scenario where that's not a 1:00 pm get-it-over-with game.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1484 on: December 07, 2023, 10:46:18 AM »
You people. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1485 on: December 07, 2023, 10:47:08 AM »
Does anyone know if Dream Team is okay? Is he on Facebook or something so we can check?   His Chiefs get a little dose of reality and he's nowhere to be found.  ;)

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1486 on: December 07, 2023, 11:26:09 AM »
NFL flex scheduling   https://www.nfl.com/schedules/flexible-scheduling-procedures

Week 18....six days before January 6th.  I'm assuming that means the prior Sunday.

Maybe the Jets-Pats is flexed to 3AM?  ;)

Locally:  for all my friends, I'm hoping the Ravens-Dolphins game NY Eve doesn't get changed to 425 or 825.  A few years back, they pushed what was then the final game to 425 against the Bengals.  Miserable rainy night, Ravens lost out on a playoff berth with a Bengals 4th and 10 40+ yard TD pass in the final minute.....and many didn't go due to prior plans, or were forced to drive home during the height of Amateur Night. :sad:
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1487 on: December 07, 2023, 11:29:31 AM »
If we could go ahead and start flexing all of the Panthers games to 3 am, that would be sweet.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1488 on: December 07, 2023, 12:27:03 PM »

Maybe the Jets-Pats is flexed to 3AM?  ;)

:rollin :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1489 on: December 07, 2023, 04:25:15 PM »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1490 on: December 07, 2023, 05:56:23 PM »
The over/under on tonight's game is now 30.5. That is unheard-of for an NFL total to be that low.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1491 on: December 07, 2023, 06:23:03 PM »
So now they score. Those bastards.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1492 on: December 07, 2023, 07:06:40 PM »
It'd be hilarious if the Patriots beat the Steelers  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1493 on: December 07, 2023, 07:07:26 PM »
I mean, they already lost to the Cardinals, so why not lose to two 2-10 teams in a row?
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1494 on: December 07, 2023, 09:11:43 PM »
Belichick has been clowning Tomlin for 15 years.  I guess some things never change.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1495 on: December 07, 2023, 09:44:30 PM »
The over/under on tonight's game is now 30.5. That is unheard-of for an NFL total to be that low.
I saw it as low as 29.5. Any Given Thursday, I guess.

I'd have honestly preferred they lost. Beating the Steelers proves nothing, and I'm more interested in the draft pick.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #1496 on: December 07, 2023, 10:11:08 PM »
I saw it as low as 29.5. Any Given Thursday, I guess.

I'd have honestly preferred they lost. Beating the Steelers proves nothing, and I'm more interested in the draft pick.
Well, they technically haven't been eliminated from the playoffs......yet...
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1498 on: December 08, 2023, 07:02:04 AM »
That game was like watching two old men argue over who was going to pay the check at lunch:  Pitt: "Here, New England, you win this game."  NE: "No, no, really, we couldn't do that, you win."   Pitt:  "No, I insist, you win."   NE: "But I wouldn't think of it, you win."   Until they simply ran out of time. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1499 on: December 08, 2023, 07:03:17 AM »
The Pats got a gift false start call on the Steelers at the end.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1500 on: December 08, 2023, 07:12:53 AM »
The Pats got a gift false start call on the Steelers at the end.
That was such a hilarious moment, the Pats thought they were offsides, Bellichick gave that look of 'oh shit we're offsides!', the Steelers thought the Pats were offsides, the entire crowd thought the Pats were offside, the commentators thought the Pats were offside and then the ref's call comes in for a false start and everyone is bewildered.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1501 on: December 08, 2023, 08:07:50 AM »
Meh, Pitt's first TD was the result of a gifted DPI. As is so often the case, these things tend to even out.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1502 on: December 08, 2023, 08:34:08 AM »
Meh, Pitt's first TD was the result of a gifted DPI. As is so often the case, these things tend to even out.

I don't recall the play.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1503 on: December 08, 2023, 11:51:38 AM »
As a long time Steelers fan I can tell you that was the most Tomlin thing ever, giving up 21 points in a half to a team that had been scoring 6 points a game. Tomlin’s recent history of playoff games includes giving up 316 yards and 31 points to Tebow, 45 points to Blake Bortles and 48 points to Baker Mayfield.

The thread title is whack, every NFL analyst in the world is unanimous that KC has the worst wide receiver room in the league but somehow it’s Mahomes’ fault  :lol.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1504 on: December 08, 2023, 12:32:51 PM »
Ah, so the truth comes out... Cris Collinsworth posts at DTF under the name "Dream Team."