News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

EBMM JP6 XX (20th Anniversary)

Started by eddyrox, February 17, 2023, 07:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddyrox

Newbie to the forum here - saw there is another thread on this topic but the AI suggested to start a new thread (?)...
Apologies in advance!

Anyway, wanted to say that the new JP6 is incredible in terms of playability, function especially, and sounds HUGE.
I am an Ibanez/Suhr/Anderson guy, but the new EBMM JP6 XX kicks all kinds of AZZ!!

Since the Ernie Ball Forum is really not actively talking about the Petrucci sig's i thought the DTF might be a better place to post ;) :metal

thanks for letting me rave on!
mike.

Lonk

I played one last year, and it is a pretty sick guitar. However, I have to say that the forearm scoop, or whatever is called, is a bit....exaggerated in my opinion. It just feels like it could be slightly smaller. But overall, it is a good guitar.

On an unrelated note: Tosin Abasi is with Ernie Ball now? Did not know that, cool looking guitar

eddyrox

totally agreed - my co-lead guitarist said the same (he's Suhr/Anderson guy) :P
Re: Tosin that is a total win for EBMM but he also has his own competing brand of guitars, so i guess that is a WIN for us as fans LOL!

TheBarstoolWarrior

Love the color on that one and wish they made it in the JP15 shape, which I find to be more elegant and modern looking that the original.
Disclaimer: All opinions stated are my own unless otherwise specified. I do not personally know any present or former members of DT. From time to time where the context is or should be obvious, I may decline to explicitly label my words as opinion. I cannot predict the future.

eddyrox

awesomeness! the JP15 is a killer axe

Architeuthis

I've never had a chance to try out any JP models or any EBMM guitars. If I had a choice, I'd probably lean towards the Majesties because of the ergonomics and neck through body with no heel on the back.
I'm sure I'd be happy with the JP 6, 12, or 15 though.

TheBarstoolWarrior

Quote from: Architeuthis on March 11, 2023, 12:41:12 AM
I've never had a chance to try out any JP models or any EBMM guitars. If I had a choice, I'd probably lean towards the Majesties because of the ergonomics and neck through body with no heel on the back.

One cool thing is that the JP has been willing to experiment with things in each iteration. The JP12 has essentially a flat fingerboard, while the 15 is slightly more curved. The JPX had larger frets and more control options. The Majesty is the pinnacle, if only I could get past how it looks  :lol

Disclaimer: All opinions stated are my own unless otherwise specified. I do not personally know any present or former members of DT. From time to time where the context is or should be obvious, I may decline to explicitly label my words as opinion. I cannot predict the future.

Architeuthis

Quote from: TheBarstoolWarrior on March 25, 2023, 06:56:06 AM
Quote from: Architeuthis on March 11, 2023, 12:41:12 AM

One cool thing is that the JP has been willing to experiment with things in each iteration. The JP12 has essentially a flat fingerboard, while the 15 is slightly more curved. The JPX had larger frets and more control options. The Majesty is the pinnacle, if only I could get past how it looks  :lol
Ha! Yeah the big upper horn is hard to overlook.  It looks better wit the burst finishes, as the black around the outer edges creates an illusion of looking more proportional.  The ember glow, Titan Blue, and Nebula are the coolest looking of the bunch.  :coolio

Volante99

I also own the JP6 20th Anniversary.

Simply put it's the finest guitar I've ever played. It makes my $3k Custom Shop Fenders and Charvels seem like children's toys. It was meant to be case candy as more of a collectors piece but it quickly became my #1 player. The only guitars that have come close are some of the higher end PRS.

I'm not sure if all JP6 guitars are of similar quality but they really hit it out of the park with the 20th Anniversary. Brought it in to my local shop to get a setup (like bringing a Ferrari into a Kia Shop) and all the employees were drooling over it.

Great guitar choice. I hope EBMM makes more JP6 styles in the future- I'm not a big fan of the Majesty body (although I've heard it's even better than the JP6 from a quality/playability standpoint).

Lax

The JP models are the highest grade of quality/confort/efficiency/optimisation you can get :)
I own several and I love how both the JP, BFR and majesty are different guitars !