Author Topic: THE FLASH - OUT NOW ****spoilers free discussion  (Read 1001 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
THE FLASH - OUT NOW ****spoilers free discussion
« on: February 16, 2023, 06:07:58 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FsCwGj9aDw

Warner Bros. Pictures presents “Flash,” directed by Andy Muschietti (the “IT” films, “Breast”). Ezra Miller reprises his role as Barry Allen in DC Super Hero's first standalone feature film.

Worlds collide in "Flash" when Barry uses his superpowers to travel through time and change events of the past. But when his attempt to save his family inadvertently alters the future, Barry is trapped in a reality where General Zod has returned, threatening annihilation, and there are no superheroes to turn to. That is, unless Barry can bring a very different Batman out of his retreat and rescue an imprisoned Kryptonian...even if it's not the one he's looking for. Ultimately, in order to save the world he finds himself in and return to the future he knows, Barry's only hope is to escape it in order to save his life. But will making the ultimate sacrifice be enough to restart the universe?

The “Flash” cast also includes rising star Sasha Calle, Michael Shannon (“Bullet Train,” “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”), Ron Livingston (“Loudermilk,” “The Conjuring”), Maribel Verdú (“Elite,” “And Your Mom Too”), Kiersey Clemons (“Zack Snyder's Justice League,” “Sweetheart”), Antje Traue (“King of Ravens,” “Man of Steel”) and Michael Keaton (“Spider- Man: Homecoming, "Batman").

“Flash” is produced by Barbara Muschietti (the “IT” films, “Mama”) and Michael Disco (“Rampage,” “San Andreas”). The script is by Christina Hodson ("Birds of Prey," "Bumblebee"), with a screen story by John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein ("Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves," "Spider-Man: Homecoming") and Joby Harold (“Transformers: Rise of the Beasts,” “Army of the Dead”), based on DC characters. Executive producers are Toby Emmerich, Walter Hamada, Galen Vaisman and Marianne Jenkins.

Joining director Muschietti behind the camera are cinematographer Henry Braham (“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,” “The Suicide Squad”), production designer Paul Denham Austerberry (“IT Chapter Two,” “The Shape of Water”), editors Jason Ballantine (the "IT" films, "The Great Gatsby") and Paul Machliss ("The Gentlemen," "Baby Driver"), and costume designer Alexandra Byrne ("Doctor Strange" , "Guardians of the Galaxy"); the score is by Benjamin Wallfisch (“The Invisible Man”, the “IT” films).

Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Double Dream/a Disco Factory production of an Andy Muschietti film, “Flash.” It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures and will be released in theaters internationally beginning June 15, 2023.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 06:05:25 AM by MinistroRaven »

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: FLASH - New movie coming out June 15th, 2023 (Trailer)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 09:57:32 AM »
I'm approaching it as a new Michael Keaton Batman movie that has some other characters, but either way they will get my money when I by a ticket  :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 10:55:28 AM »
I’m not sure even Keaton can save this.

I hope the movie is good, but just when I thought there was no one in Hollywood more mentally ill than Randy Quaid, they went and found Ezra Miller. What a dumpster fire that guy is.  That guy seriously needs help. He’s in danger of single handedly tanking the best opportunity the DCEU has had in a decade.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 08:22:43 PM »
I’m not sure even Keaton can save this.

Me either, but here's hoping  :lol

And yeah, Ezra is one piece of work for sure. Now when I watch we need to talk about kevin I can see he's probably not acting, it just him  :sad:

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: THE FLASH - coming out June 15th, 2023 (NEW Trailer OUT NOW)
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 05:05:23 PM »
Looks like a mess but I’ve been wrong before. Unless the reviewers I trust say this movie is amazing, I’m just gonna wait till it hits HBO max.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 06:04:43 AM »
Planning to take the kids to the movies tomorrow.

Anyone has seen this one yet?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2023, 06:52:16 AM »
Planning to take the kids to the movies tomorrow.

Anyone has seen this one yet?

It was good. It wasn't great, but it had some great moments and one emotional beat that got to me.

Otherwise, it's not awful and given the last couple of DCEU films, this is only better by comparison (like liking Wakanda Forever after getting through Multiverse Of Madness and Love & Thunder last year).

I think one of the biggest things folks will take away from this film, besides Keaton, is the numerous Easter Eggs spotted in the third act. Once you see it, you'll understand what I mean, but it sucks that that's all anyone may talk about when Across The Spider-Verse just did the same thing but has a strong core plot with an emotional story to back it up. That isn't to say Barry's emotional journey isn't as strong, but being somewhat familiar with the comics it's based on (and having seen the animated Flashpoint film), I already knew going in what to expect from the overall story.

Being better than Black Adam and Shazam: Fury Of The Gods isn't a tall order, but I can at least say that the DCEU is at least going out with an upturn rather than a nosedive.

I am fairly excited for Blue Beetle, even if it feels very familiar, with spots in the trailer reminding me of a ton of superhero movie cliches and tropes, like, destroying busses. It's weird that it's happened twice (in Shang-Chi and Multiverse Of Madness) in the last few years, so it's weirder to see it again. It's like every writer in Hollywood has a grudge against public transportation.

-Marc.

If I ever watch the whole movie again, it might be when I get the BD home video, but even then, I rarely do that with films I love. I'll more than likely just watch the good bits and clips on YouTube once it hits streaming and folks rip certain scenes in HD.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!