Author Topic: Celebrity death thread  (Read 20369 times)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Celebrity death thread
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2023, 01:31:26 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2023, 09:05:29 AM »
Tom Sizemore delivers one of the most boss glares I've ever seen in a film, at 0:53. 

https://youtu.be/D_3xCnDxxU8?t=50

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2023, 09:12:09 AM »
RIP Jack Scagnetti. When I saw that he'd checked out I watched the second half of Natural Born Killers (it was late). That's a top five movie for me, and he was a big part of it. His scenes with Tommy Lee Jones were excellent. Scagnetti was probably the most eccentric character until he met Warden McClusky, and he was damn near stoic next to him. That made him the prefect foil.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2023, 09:25:45 AM »
RIP Jack Scagnetti. When I saw that he'd checked out I watched the second half of Natural Born Killers (it was late). That's a top five movie for me, and he was a big part of it. His scenes with Tommy Lee Jones were excellent. Scagnetti was probably the most eccentric character until he met Warden McClusky, and he was damn near stoic next to him. That made him the prefect foil.

Yeah NBK was my first thought. He was downright creepy in that character!  :metal

Or was that his REAL personality?  :justjen

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2023, 11:02:57 AM »
Heat is one of my favorite films, and Sizemore delivers a great supporting role in that one.

True Romance as well. That film is loaded with stars, but Sizemore and Chris Penn, both of whom do not show up until later in the film, steal literally every scene they are in.

R.I.P.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2023, 06:33:09 AM »
Heat is one of my favorite films, and Sizemore delivers a great supporting role in that one.

True Romance as well. That film is loaded with stars, but Sizemore and Chris Penn, both of whom do not show up until later in the film, steal literally every scene they are in.

R.I.P.

Heat is my #1 movie of All-Time; True Romance is #3.  Enemy of the State is another Top 10 movie for me.

Fun Fact... he is also the primary 'star' in a movie called The Relic - the first date for mrs.jingle and I.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2023, 07:57:17 AM »
Back in late 2010 I had returned from college and met up with a friend of mine who invited me to work on a movie being filmed in town. I had nothing to do so I hopped on board. After that wrapped another friend got in with a producer and asked me if I wanted to help out again so I ended up on another weekend long project and Tom Sizemore was one of the leads. This is about the time he was attempting to revive his career with basically anything he could get cast in after rehab stints so it made sense that he was on this tiny indie project.

At one point I was tasked to go get cases of water for the crew and as I walking to my car I heard "Hey, kid, go long" from behind me. I turn around and Sizemore had a football with him so him and I played catch for a few minutes. He was definitely an interesting guy and I got to see the good and ugly side of him during that weekend but clearly he had demons he was working out. An unfortunate way to go out but such is life.

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2023, 08:27:02 AM »

R.I.P.

Heat is my #1 movie of All-Time; True Romance is #3.  Enemy of the State is another Top 10 movie for me.

Fun Fact... he is also the primary 'star' in a movie called The Relic - the first date for mrs.jingle and I.

+1 for Sizemore in Heat « for me the action IS the juice »

https://youtu.be/t2ojmr1gDrY

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2023, 11:19:57 AM »
I love that scene for how different the answers are from Neil's three guys.

Shiherlis does it because he is a degenerate gambler who is always broke and needs the money.  His answer takes about 20 seconds or so.

Cheritto really thinks it over for a minute or two, and even Neil tells him that he would be smart to cut loose from it since he has money saved and his wife takes good care of him, but because the action is the juice, he is in.

Trejo simply replies, "Sure, why not? Fuck it." :lol :lol :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2023, 12:37:43 AM »
Gary Rossington, the last surviving original Lynyrd Skynyrd member, has died.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/03/05/entertainment/lynyrd-skynyrd-guitarist-gary-rossington-dies/index.html
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2023, 03:20:22 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2023, 03:36:12 PM »
Dearly departing Dallas.  :( RIP.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Harmony

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2023, 05:48:47 PM »
Robert Blake has died.  From Our Gang to Baretta to accused murderer who was found not guilty in 2005.

https://deadline.com/2023/03/robert-blake-dead-actor-in-baretta-in-cold-blood-was-89-beat-real-life-murder-rap-1235284339/
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2023, 06:29:59 AM »
Topol

maybe best known as Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof and from Flash Gordon

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2023, 10:58:18 AM »
Robin Lumley of MARSCAPE and Brand X has died.

Marscape is all-time favorite of mine.

RIP Robin 😢

https://officialbrandx.com/core-members/robin-lumley

https://open.spotify.com/album/1Oyz4Bk1W1hFLwgowUXSjk

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2023, 12:54:01 PM »
Bud Grant, former Minnesota Vikings Head Coach and NBA Player

Offline pg1067

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2023, 06:09:29 PM »
I'm surprised Bud Grant was still alive.  He seemed ancient to me when I started watching football in the 70s.  I didn't realize he had played in the NBA - and won an NBA title with the Lakers.  He's in both the American Pro Football HOF and the CFL HOF.  Eleven first place finishes in a thirteen season span with the Vikings.  FOUR Grey Cups!  Married nearly six decades and lived nearly 40 years after retiring from the NFL.  THAT is one hell of a life!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2023, 09:12:48 AM »
I'm surprised Bud Grant was still alive.  He seemed ancient to me when I started watching football in the 70s. 
He was.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2023, 08:30:03 AM »
That song, 'What You Won't Do For Love' is etched in my DNA from middle school.  It is one of those songs that instantly puts me in a different place and time.  And damn, I thought the guy was black for decades.  :blush

RIP
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2023, 09:19:14 AM »
Stunningly, embarrassingly, I've never heard that song before.   Huh.   

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2023, 11:27:52 AM »
That song, 'What You Won't Do For Love' is etched in my DNA from middle school.  It is one of those songs that instantly puts me in a different place and time.  And damn, I thought the guy was black for decades:blush

RIP

that seems to be the case for so many. They always assumed he was black. I suppose many singers who are considered "Blue Eyed Soul" that could be said about (Michael McDonald, Rick Astley).

A Popular YouTube Reaction Channel my wife and I watch did a reaction to WYWDFL a few years ago having his mouth drop seeing he was white
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGNVXR9RXT4

Offline pg1067

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2023, 02:19:54 PM »

The opening horns sounded familiar, but it doesn't sound otherwise familiar, and I've never heard of him.

that seems to be the case for so many. They always assumed he was black. I suppose many singers who are considered "Blue Eyed Soul" that could be said about (Michael McDonald, Rick Astley).

I saw Rick Astley the same time I heard him, so I never had an opportunity to think he was anything other than the whitest guy ever.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2023, 02:21:59 PM »

Wow, even I know that song...not from the title, I clicked the link.

And damn, I thought the guy was black

Same.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2023, 01:06:06 PM »
Lance Reddick has sadly passed away at the age of 60.

YESTERDAY:

Jim Gordon, Ex-Eric Clapton Drummer and 'Layla' Co-Writer Who Spent Four Decades in Prison, Died at the age of 77

Online faizoff

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2023, 01:07:10 PM »
Damn that is very surprising.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2023, 01:32:50 PM »
that is bizarre. Only 60? Natural Causes?

I really liked him on Fringe and more or less any time I saw him on screen he stood out.

RIP.

Online faizoff

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2023, 02:36:03 PM »
I first saw him on the wire. Was one of the best written and acted parts.

His role in the John Wick movies was great too.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2023, 02:42:27 PM »
He was great in The Wire and Fringe. R.I.P. 😢

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2023, 02:44:38 PM »
that is bizarre. Only 60? Natural Causes?

I really liked him on Fringe and more or less any time I saw him on screen he stood out.

RIP.

This.  Never did watch The Wire though. 

And, he has one of my favorite .gif's of all time.

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2023, 05:55:49 AM »
Aw man.. That sucks. He was amazing on Fringe.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2023, 06:13:11 AM »
That was sad and unexpected. Great loss for the TV world!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2023, 09:41:17 AM »

Yep....loved him in that. He just 'commanded' a scene....just had a unique presence. 60 is SO young....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2023, 10:37:35 AM »

Yep....loved him in that. He just 'commanded' a scene....just had a unique presence. 60 is SO young....

Agreed.  I think he was my favorite actor on the show.  Anna Torv's hotness not withstanding.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2023, 07:50:25 PM »

Agreed.  I think he was my favorite actor on the show.  Anna Torv's hotness not withstanding.
Huh, I always thought she was kind of weird looking. Still a great show!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar