Author Topic: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums - #31 The first in a series of transitional albums  (Read 7075 times)

Offline HOF

#41. R.E.M. - Automatic for the People (1992)

Monster may still be my favorite R.E.M. album (mostly for sentimental reasons), but Automatic for the People fit better into this category, and really may be their most mature record. This is one that sometimes gets described as baroque pop or chamber pop, though it is still pretty firmly in the alternative rock sphere, with a dose of country and folk rock added to the mix.

The more overtly commercial tracks here are "Everybody Hurts" and "Man on the Moon," which are each tremendous in their own right (I know Stadler dislikes the latter for some reason). "Nightswimming" adds a third pure earworm type of tune that never gets old.

Beyond those tracks, I’ve always liked the ominous "Drive," (which I'm surprised to learn was the albums highest charting single in the U.S.). Love how it opens with acoustic guitars and accordion and builds with strings and electric guitar before quieting back down again in the second half. The quirky and delightful "New Orleans Instrumental No. 1" and the dissonant stew of instruments that make up "Sweetness Follows" close out the first half of the album. Then you have the Beach Boys-ish "Star Me Kitten," with lyrics so unintelligible I just found out this weekend while reading them why it's called "Star Me Kitten."

Other standout tracks for me are the dusty "Monty Got a Raw Deal," the angsty "Ignoreland," and possibly my favorite R.E.M. song, "Find the River," which opens with possibly my favorite single guitar chord of all time. The arrangement and instrumentation are gorgeous, but I also want to highlight the wonderful vocal melody here. I'm not really plugged in with the broader R.E.M. fan community at all, so I don't know if this one is loved by many, but it should be IMO.

Should give a nod to John Paul Jones for the excellent string arrangements on several tracks. I also like some of the homages sprinkled throughout the album, including Drive’s nod to David Essex’s “Rock On” and the bits of “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” on “The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight.”

Favorite Tracks: Find the River, Drive, Monty Got a Raw Deal, Everybody Hurts, Nightswimming

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums - #41 an album for people, no preconditions
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2023, 12:11:26 PM »
I am still kicking myself for not getting into R.E.M. in a big way until late 2019, but I finally got there, and Automatic for the People is top notch from start to finish.  I go back and forth between that and Murmur as far as what their best is, but you cannot wrong with either.   Drive, Find the River, Nightswimming and Sweetness Follows would all rank very high for me on my list of favorite songs by the band.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2023, 12:30:06 PM »
I am still kicking myself for not getting into R.E.M. in a big way until late 2019, but I finally got there, and Automatic for the People is top notch from start to finish.  I go back and forth between that and Murmur as far as what their best is, but you cannot wrong with either.   Drive, Find the River, Nightswimming and Sweetness Follows would all rank very high for me on my list of favorite songs by the band.

I wish we talked about REM more here.  I have certain problems with them (not politics) but the debut is always on my list of outstanding "first" albums, and might be the one I go back to the most.  My entry here would be Lifes Rich Pageant, but the run with Bill Berry is about as good as a catalogue gets for a band.   

I've always said that REM records come in pairs, and of the pair, I like Out of Time slightly better, but that's not to say I don't love AFTP, though.  It's become a cliché of sorts, but "Everybody Hurts" is a world class vocal by any standard.  Goddammit can that man sing.   HOF got it right; the only song I don't like is "Man On The Moon". 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2023, 12:35:42 PM »

I wish we talked about REM more here.  I have certain problems with them (not politics) but the debut is always on my list of outstanding "first" albums, and might be the one I go back to the most.  My entry here would be Lifes Rich Pageant, but the run with Bill Berry is about as good as a catalogue gets for a band.   

I've always said that REM records come in pairs, and of the pair, I like Out of Time slightly better, but that's not to say I don't love AFTP, though.  It's become a cliché of sorts, but "Everybody Hurts" is a world class vocal by any standard.  Goddammit can that man sing.   HOF got it right; the only song I don't like is "Man On The Moon".

Because I am curious, what are those?

My one beef seems to be their attitude that they are above songs that helped make them big.  They love to thumb their noses at songs like Stand and Shiny Happy People, as if they are above those kinds of songs, but it's biting the hands that fed them. Those songs helped make them rich rock stars, so you'd think they'd be a little more grateful about them, but they certainly weren't the first band, and won't be the last, to try and have it both ways.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2023, 12:42:38 PM »

My one beef seems to be their attitude that they are above songs that helped make them big.  They love to thumb their noses at songs like Stand and Shiny Happy People, as if they are above those kinds of songs, but it's biting the hands that fed them. Those songs helped make them rich rock stars, so you'd think they'd be a little more grateful about them, but they certainly weren't the first band, and won't be the last, to try and have it both ways.

You're pointed in the right direction; at the start, by all accounts, Mike Mills was the "musician", Michael was the "artist" and Peter was just the guy that was going to cover the guitar to help them get there.  And somewhere along the way, he sort of turned into a douche.  He also bagged on "Sidewinder..." as well.   

I also think they were like that with their influences too.  I don't hear almost any Patty Smith, but to hear Michael tell it, she's a goddess who walks on water (I think she sucks and is MASSIVELY, COLOSSALLY overrated; I hate having to say this, because it sounds like I don't respect women, but if there was ever someone who fucked their way to fame it was her).  I do get a fair amount of Velvet Underground, who they covered numerous times, but I think they played hipster too often for their own good, and traded on that in a way that maybe the bands they supposedly idolized didn't.  In contrast, despite having covered "Toys In The Attic", there was a LOT of "Aerosmith" in their mid-period music and that was unhip to point out, so they didn't. 

Though on one of their early tours (still playing clubs) Buck wore an Iron Maiden shirt during the show, and one of my friends (the guitar player in my band and a teammate on my hockey team) came to me and asked for a mix tape of Maiden as a result, so there's that.  But I really feel it was more ironic detachment than any real "like" and I hate that shit. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2023, 12:50:53 PM »
I slightly prefer Out of Time, but Automatic For The People is a fantastic album, for sure.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2023, 12:52:09 PM »

You're pointed in the right direction; at the start, by all accounts, Mike Mills was the "musician", Michael was the "artist" and Peter was just the guy that was going to cover the guitar to help them get there.  And somewhere along the way, he sort of turned into a douche.  He also bagged on "Sidewinder..." as well.   

I also think they were like that with their influences too.  I don't hear almost any Patty Smith, but to hear Michael tell it, she's a goddess who walks on water (I think she sucks and is MASSIVELY, COLOSSALLY overrated; I hate having to say this, because it sounds like I don't respect women, but if there was ever someone who fucked their way to fame it was her).  I do get a fair amount of Velvet Underground, who they covered numerous times, but I think they played hipster too often for their own good, and traded on that in a way that maybe the bands they supposedly idolized didn't.  In contrast, despite having covered "Toys In The Attic", there was a LOT of "Aerosmith" in their mid-period music and that was unhip to point out, so they didn't. 

Though on one of their early tours (still playing clubs) Buck wore an Iron Maiden shirt during the show, and one of my friends (the guitar player in my band and a teammate on my hockey team) came to me and asked for a mix tape of Maiden as a result, so there's that.  But I really feel it was more ironic detachment than any real "like" and I hate that shit.

I get all that.

I think we can all remember how segregated music fans were in the 80s (not that it is significantly better now, but it just feels like it was so much worse then).  New wave fans liked new wave and nothing else.  Metal fans liked new wave and nothing else.  etc.  And I could see a band like R.E.M. trying to appeal to their indie/college rock fans by not mentioning some 70s "dirty" rock band like Aerosmith as an influence.

I don't know much about Patti Smith outside of her appearances on the R.E.M. song and one Blue Oyster Cult song (big fan of both songs).

Offline HOF

« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2023, 12:54:41 PM »

It’s funny because Monster was one of the first albums I ever owned (on cassette) back around 1995 I believe, but then it was several years before I ever explored their other albums, and I still haven’t owned anything going forward past Monster or backwards before Document, though I have heard stuff from before and after. I’m mostly just partial to that late 80s/early 90s run, but I do intend to eventually get around to the earlier stuff at least.

I slightly prefer Out of Time, but Automatic For The People is a fantastic album, for sure.

I considered Out of Time mostly because Shiny Happy People is such a tremendous, hooky pop song. But there are a few points on that album where I get lost a bit, and Automatic just seems to have a bit more gravitas to me.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2023, 12:56:43 PM »

It’s funny because Monster was one of the first albums I ever owned (on cassette) back around 1995 I believe, but then it was several years before I ever explored their other albums, and I still haven’t owned anything going forward past Monster or backwards before Document, though I have heard stuff from before and after. I’m mostly just partial to that late 80s/early 90s run, but I do intend to eventually get around to the earlier stuff at least.

I highly recommend New Adventures in Hi-Fi.  That might be my 3rd favorite by the band after Automatic and Murmur. 

Monster is more miss than hit for me, but it has a few songs I really like.

Offline HOF

« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2023, 01:04:04 PM »

I highly recommend New Adventures in Hi-Fi.  That might be my 3rd favorite by the band after Automatic and Murmur. 

I’ll try to get Hi-Fi into one of my next Discogs splurges where I’ll buy like 5 CDs at once to save on shipping. That one is pretty freely available for a low price.

Offline billboy73

« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2023, 01:31:19 PM »
I'm with you HOF, Monster is my favorite REM, but a lot of it is likely due to sentimental reasons.  Still, I really do love that record.

Automatic is also a great record.

I would also recommend New Adventures in Hi-Fi.  Probably my 2nd favorite behind Monster...

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2023, 02:19:57 PM »

Oh, bro, you're RIGHT THERE. You're SO CLOSE!  Lifes Rich Pageant - the album directly before Document - is every bit as good (and maybe a little more consistent) than Document, so that's worth it, and "New Adventures..." - the next album after Monster - is like the logical, grown up extension - older brother, if you will - of Monster.  It's got the same sound and ethos, but it's got a little more cohesiveness in terms of the songs (even if it does have "E-Bow The Letter" with Patty Smith's obnoxious warbling on it).  Mike Mills says that "New Adventures" is number three on his list behind Murmur and Automatic in his book.

I considered Out of Time mostly because Shiny Happy People is such a tremendous, hooky pop song. But there are a few points on that album where I get lost a bit, and Automatic just seems to have a bit more gravitas to me.
[/quote]

You're not at all wrong on the gravitas, but OoT has "Country Feedback" (just a brutal stream of consciousness from Michael) and "Me And Honey", some of REMs finest hour(s).  That doesn't make sense, but you know what I mean.  :) :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2023, 02:24:39 PM »

Who are you, Mike Mills?!?!  (See my post; Mills has ranked the REM albums the same as you).

I think Monster is good, but it's a bit too... not forced, but it adheres to the sort of specific sound and approach a little too literally.  (For one thing, Stipe wrote all the lyrics from the point of view of various characters).

Offline HOF

Re: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums - #40 So cold it stings
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2023, 10:30:37 PM »
Been a bit hard to find time to write the last week or so. Getting this one out while I can tonight.

40. Sting - Mercury Falling (1996)

I have historically been more of an admirer than an ardent fan of Sting (and The Police). I've always liked the hits more than the albums, and some of his stuff can get a bit fruity at times. But when he's on he's really good.

I first picked this one up on cassette tape at a thrift store many years ago, and for a long time it was the only studio album I owned by Sting (I've only recently started digging into more of his stuff). It's an almost flawless album, and a good example of the type of hard to classify album that inspired this list.

Sting weaves a rich tapestry of styles and sounds here, venturing through various genres but somehow fitting it all together seamlessly. I really enjoy Vinnie Colaiuta's drumming, which propels several tracks here. I feel like he's a big part of the successful transition through different styles on the album.

"The Hounds of Winter" is probably my favorite track, evoking a gray winter day perfectly. I knew Johnny Cash's cover before I ever heard Sting's "I Hung My Head," but I think Sting does it better. That country western vibe pops up again on "I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying" and "Lithium Sunset," while "Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot," "You Still Touch Me," and "All Four Seasons" have more of a soul/Motown flavor. "I Was Brought to My Senses" is another favorite, part folk tune and part Latin, while "La Belle Dame Sans Regrets" brings some more French into this countdown. "Valparaiso" is another high point, kind of a Celtic-ish sailor ballad with some gorgeous instrumentation.

I don't believe this was one of Sting's bigger commercial successes, and I'm not sure how it is viewed by his fans. But it's a mature mid-career effort that feels like it might be overshadowed by some of his more popular albums.

Favorite songs: The Hounds of Winter, I Was Brought to My Senses, You Still Touch Me, I'm So Happy I Cant Stop Crying, Valparaiso

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2023, 06:18:54 AM »
Not surprised to see Sting; rather surprised to see this is the album.   Good call on "I Hung My Head"; just a great, great tune all around, both versions.   

I'm more partial to the one that came before this, "Ten Summoner's Tales".  That for me is the Sting high-water mark

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2023, 07:13:06 AM »
Mercury Falling might be my favorite Sting solo album, it's got a great collection of tunes.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2023, 07:23:18 AM »
Great album.  Sting is always welcome, but this one is definitely more unsung than some others.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline billboy73

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2023, 08:16:03 AM »
I do really like Ten Summoner's Tales, but I have never listened to Mercury Falling.  Vinny is killer on Ten Summoner..., so I will check out Mercury Falling, since you mentioned Vinny in your writeup.

Offline HOF

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2023, 08:35:18 AM »
Ten Summoner’s Tales has two of my favorite Sting songs (If I Ever Lose My Faith In You and Fields of Gold), and Vinnie is really great on that one as well. It just has a few more songs that I don’t really care for whereas Mercury Falling is really strong all the way through.

I would note that if you pull up Mercury Falling up on Amazon Music (and I imagine on Spotify as well) it included an extra track “Twenty Five to Midnight” that was not on the original US release (and not on my copy of the CD). I only just heard it last night for the first time. It’s a decent tune, but I think the album is a little more consistent without it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2023, 10:46:14 AM »
Ten Summoner’s Tales has two of my favorite Sting songs (If I Ever Lose My Faith In You and Fields of Gold), and Vinnie is really great on that one as well. It just has a few more songs that I don’t really care for whereas Mercury Falling is really strong all the way through.

I would note that if you pull up Mercury Falling up on Amazon Music (and I imagine on Spotify as well) it included an extra track “Twenty Five to Midnight” that was not on the original US release (and not on my copy of the CD). I only just heard it last night for the first time. It’s a decent tune, but I think the album is a little more consistent without it.

I have that on a b-side; one of my best friends is a massive Sting fan and I went on an eBay binge at his suggestion where I got all the Soul Cages/10ST/Mercury Falling b-sides.  Really worth it; especially the live stuff.  He was absolutely on FIRE live during this period.   

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2023, 11:04:02 AM »
Sting is great but I think his best work was with The Police.

Mercury Falling is a good record but I like all the ones that came before better.  But all the ones that came after aren't as good, so there is that.

Back then, when it was released it was a bit of a letdown, because after Ten Summoner's Tales I had high expectations and Mercury Falling didn't quite live up to them. But over time I've come to appreciate it more.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline HOF

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2023, 11:50:43 AM »
Sting is great but I think his best work was with The Police.

Mercury Falling is a good record but I like all the ones that came before better.  But all the ones that came after aren't as good, so there is that.

Back then, when it was released it was a bit of a letdown, because after Ten Summoner's Tales I had high expectations and Mercury Falling didn't quite live up to them. But over time I've come to appreciate it more.

It really can make a big difference when you first hear an album in relation to other albums from an artist. Whether it’s because of anticipation/expectations for a new release or just having some affinity for a certain period of an artists work, it can be hard to take something in for what it is without regard for what came before/after it. This happened to be my first Sting album, so other than the hits I knew I didn’t have much context from his other albums.

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2023, 12:49:01 PM »
Yeah, I see that. I have some records from artists that are my favorites, because that was the first I of them or I heard that record in special times/circumstances. There's more than just the music, that makes certain records special.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2023, 12:55:03 AM »
I've barely heard any Sting aside from some of the big hits (Fields Of Gold, Englishman In NY, and If I Ever Lose My Faith In You). Is Ten Summoner's Tales a good place to start?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2023, 02:08:11 AM »
I would say start at the beginning with Dream Of The Blue Turtles and then go forward.

Offline Animal

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2023, 04:12:03 AM »
This is a really interesting thread I discovered only now. I will be definitely following. REM, Simon and Garfunkel or Sting were all rather important musical influences in my formative years. And Automatic For The People would still be in my overall Top 10. Even though I haven't heard the whole album in years..I must give it a spin...

Offline HOF

« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2023, 06:26:31 AM »
I've barely heard any Sting aside from some of the big hits (Fields Of Gold, Englishman In NY, and If I Ever Lose My Faith In You). Is Ten Summoner's Tales a good place to start?

Well obviously I’d recommend you check out Mercury Falling, but I’d also highly recommend The Soul Cages. It’s too new to me to have made the countdown, but it might be Sting at his proggiest, with some really powerful stuff revolving around the death of his father and his childhood in a shipbuilding community.

Offline HOF

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2023, 06:27:04 AM »
This is a really interesting thread I discovered only now. I will be definitely following. REM, Simon and Garfunkel or Sting were all rather important musical influences in my formative years. And Automatic For The People would still be in my overall Top 10. Even though I haven't heard the whole album in years..I must give it a spin...

Awesome! Glad you found it.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2023, 09:29:17 AM »

LOVE all 15 REM albums, but Automatic is, far and away, my favorite of the bunch. You should definitely spin it NOW!

Offline HOF

Re: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums - #39 Zoo animals in London
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2023, 11:15:12 PM »
39. Fernando Perdomo - Zebra Crossing (2018)

Fernando Perdomo is one of the hardest working musicians in the business. He runs his own studio, produces other artists, plays on other people's albums, does music for tv and commercials, and writes, records, and releases copious amounts of his own music. In 2018 he played one of his highest profile gigs on the Echo In the Canyon soundtrack (with Jakob Dylan, Beck, Fiona Apple, many others) and released two of his own landmark albums: the prog instrumental Out to Sea and Zebra Crossing, an ambitiously arranged and produced pop opus recorded at Abbey Road Studios (hence the name).

When I send Perdomo's songs in roulettes I often get negative feedback on the vocals. But what he lacks as a vocalist he makes up for as a guitarist/multi-instrumentalist and producer. Zebra Crossing has an exquisite sound. Warm bass tones, lush strings, and melodic guitars cover up any deficiencies in Perdomo's vocal abilities. He's also a clever songwriter. The voice is kind of secondary to all of that. This album has that same 70's-like warmth of Beck's Sea Change, and both of those guys' vocal ranges sit well in that environment.

Here the more upbeat bits of power pop on "I'm Here," "Find Love (Hold On)," and "Smile," are contrasted with the moodier and more dramatic arrangements of "Sometimes I Feel Like Nothing At All," "Somehow" and "Crown of Stars," and "Home."  "We Were Raised With Headphones On," and "Sundays" are more delicate and intimate reflections on Fernando's childhood. But the two showpieces are the instrumental tracks, "Not Meant to Be" and "Zebra Crossing." The former features some of Perdomo's most soulful guitar work, and the later pulls out all the Beatles-esque stops for the occasion of recording at Abbey Road. The album closes with a fine cover of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" that features several guest vocalists.

I love how Perdomo really went for it production-wise on this album. The recording was crowdfunded, and when your fans are paying for you to record at a major studio like Abbey Road, you pull out all the stops. I'm really glad he got a chance to do it, because Zebra Crossing is a definite career highlight.

Favorite tracks: I'm Here, Find Love (Hold On), Not Meant To Be, Smile, Crown of Stars, Zebra Crossing

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2023, 09:02:53 AM »
Never heard of him.

Offline HOF

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2023, 09:09:27 AM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2023, 09:10:21 AM »
Can has cheeseburger!!!

Offline HOF

Re: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums - #38 Just one maniac
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2023, 10:48:21 PM »
38. Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily (1995)

I'm not totally sure but this might have been the first album I ever owned by a female artist. I love Merchant's voice, and the combination of her singing and songwriting on this record really captivates me. Whenever I revisit this one I'll get caught up in it for a week at a time. All of the playing here is top notch, but one of the standout features of the album is the wonderful and unique electric guitar work of Jennifer Turner, who is completely unknown to me outside of this album.

Most people probably know "Wonder," which is a fantastic pop song. But pay special attention to the amazing lead guitar line running through it, essentially soloing over the entire track. Beautiful! "Carnival" is also a very cool track with a lot going on in the percussion, bass, and guitar.  "Jealousy" might have been my favorite of these tunes growing up, and it still holds a lot of nostalgia for me.

Beyond the radio hits, there are some excellent deep cuts on this one. The high point of the album for me is "River," a gut punch type of song about River Phoenix that hits on a similar level as Kevin Gilbert's "Song for a Dead Friend." This line is amazing, and delivered perfectly:

Why don’t you let him be?
He’s gone, we know
Give his mother and his father peace
Your vulture’s candor, your casual slander
You murder his memory
He’s gone, we know
It’s nothing but a tragedy.

Similarly, "Beloved Wife" is a tender piano ballad about the loss of a spouse (though a bit somber back to back with "River"). The two big surprises here are "I May Know The Word," an 8:00 minute, smoky jazz/blues thing with an amazing guitar solo, and album closer "Seven Years," which features an outstanding vocal performance and another nice, fuzzy guitar solo. "San Andreas Fault" and "Where I Go" are two more breezy folk rock type songs that help lighten the mood.

As with most of the albums on this list, I just love the sound of this recording. The early to mid 90s were a great time for album production, and this is up there with the best of them. The performances are wonderful and the sound is so genuine. Guessing I'm going to get caught up in this one for the next little bit.

Favorite tracks: Wonder, Carnival, River, I May Know The Word, Seven Years, Jealousy
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 06:30:29 AM by HOF »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums - #38 Just one maniac
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2023, 07:14:51 AM »
Oooh, generally been with you the entire ride. Have to bail on this one.  For whatever reason I just don't like Natalie Merchant.