Author Topic: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums - #31 The first in a series of transitional albums  (Read 7146 times)

Online HOF

A thread that might go over like a lead balloon, but I know there are a few people here who appreciate this sort of music. I went back and forth on what descriptor to use for the thread, but ultimately settled on just "pop." The impetus though was more to talk about a body of music that I enjoy that is not particularly rocky, maybe not rock at all in some cases, but is somewhat more ambitious than just straight ahead pop music. It's not quite prog either, but it scratches a similar itch for me musically. The albums on this list will hit on a number of pop sub-genres, and some of them have been described as art pop, chamber pop, baroque pop, power pop, sophisti-pop, indie pop, alternative, or the most vague of them all, contemporary pop. Some of it would have been called adult contemporary when I was a kid, but I don't know if that term applies anymore. 

I tried to draw some lines to focus on the more pop side of some of these artists who at time veer off more into prog territory or into more avant garde styles that start to lose the more accessible aspects of what I think of as pop music (I may break that rule a time or two on the list though). I'm also leaning away from stuff that might fit into more of a guitar rock bucket. I'm leaving some music that I love by some of these artists off this list, but only because it didn't quite fit the parameters I'm setting out. I'm also not totally ranking these based on personal preference (nor do I really have a hard and fast ranking of all of these albums outside of the top 10-15 or so). Some of them I've bumped up or down to get a little more variety as I unveil these. I thought about limiting it to one album per artist, but that would have required tougher choices and leaving off some absolute favorites. Still, I tried to get as much variety on the list as I could, and I ultimately did bump some albums from a couple artists just to keep from repeating similar albums.

This is my first time committing to something kind of longer form on here, so bear with me. I'll try to get to one or two albums a week just to keep it moving.  Alright, let's begin shall we?

- - - - -

Rather than doing an honorable mention list, I'm going to just highlight two albums at the start that I'm leaving off the top 50 list only because 1) they are classic artists that most people know or have already heard of, and 2) they serve as a nice introduction for the type of music I'm looking at here, and many of the albums on the list draw from each of these artists.

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (1966)

Who doesn't love the Beach Boys? I'm sure a lot of people don't, but they were a favorite of my dad's so I grew up hearing them a bunch. I don't know that I thought that much of them until I saw a documentary as a teen where Billy Corgan was interviewed and made a statement along the lines of God Only Knows being the greatest song ever written. At that age, Corgan's music was more up my alley, so I took notice. We all know the story of how The Beatles inspired Brian Wilson to step up his game for this record and create "the greatest rock album ever made." I suppose those sorts of statements created a bit of a legend around this album for me, but it's hard to deny the genius behind it. Just incredible production for its time, and a richness to the songwriting and arrangements that is timeless. You'll definitely hear other bands in this countdown reaching for similar vocal harmonies and instrumentation. It's absolutely the template for much of the music on this list. Maybe it should have been number 1 on the list (though we're talking my personal favorites here), but kicking things off instead just made sense. 

Favorite tracks: God Only Knows, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder), I Just Wasn't made For These Times

- - - - -

Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends (1968)

Another foundational act who I didn't really appreciate until the last 6 or 7 years really. This is my favorite of their albums that I own. It's a beautiful recording, with a delicacy that you just don't hear on modern recordings. Side 1 in particular is what makes this album special as it's essentially a concept piece "that explores a life journey from childhood to old age" according to Wikipedia. It's notable particularly in the interplay between the acoustic guitars and strings, which is going to be a trademark of several albums on the list. America and especially Old Friends are the highlights here, but I'm also quite fond of the Bookends Theme tracks. But I'd also like to point out how bonkers Save The Life Of My Child is, with the gospel choir breaking into the track at seemingly random times and what sounds like Taurus bass pedals but I'm sure must have been something else back then. Side 2 features more of the known tracks like Mrs. Robinson and Hazy Shade of Winter. For whatever reason, I've always found the later to be very grating, no matter who performs it. But that's a small misstep. 

Favorite tracks: America, Old Friends, Mrs. Robinson, Bookends Theme (I and II)

- - - - -

Honorable Mention/Transcends The Ranking:
- The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
- Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends

Top 50:

50. Adrian Belew - Inner Revolution
49. Duncan Sheik - Duncan Sheik
48. The Sundays - Static & Silence
47. Tim Finn - Tim Finn
46. Beck - Sea Change
45. Coldplay - Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends
44. Field Music - Open Here
43. Kevin Gilbert - Thud
42. Luis Philippe - Azure
41. R.E.M. - Automatic for the People
40. Sting - Mercury Falling
39. Fernando Perdomo - Zebra Crossing
38. Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily
37. The Clientele - Strange Geometry
36. Prefab Sprout - The Gunman And Other Stories
35. Gotye - Making Mirrors
34. Steve Winwood - Back In The High Life
33. Phil Collins - ...But Seriously
32. Toy Matinee - Toy Matinee
31. Talk Talk - It's My Life
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 10:37:41 PM by HOF »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 10:48:28 AM »
Will follow.  :tup :tup

I didn't hear Pet Sounds in full until I was like 30 or so, but it is a great record, definitely worthy of its classic status. I tend to revisit songs from it more than the whole album itself, but it's still really good from start to finish.

I tend to be into songs more than album when it comes to Simon and Garfunkel, but Bookends definitely has some of those songs I reach for.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 11:14:27 AM »
I can't get in to Pet Sounds very much, but their Sloop John B has been a Top 5 song of mine for decades.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 01:16:26 PM »
yeah, Sloop John B has always been my go-to #1 track off Pet Sounds.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 01:22:04 PM »
I'll definitely keep an eye on this. 

The Beach Boys were one of my first favorite bands.  I used to say that I liked the Beach Boys better in their pop era, and the Beatles better in their more experimental era, but I'm less sure of that now, I think I may have been undervaluing some of the Beach Boys' later material.  Probably worth a revisit at some point. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 03:10:16 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline nick_z

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023, 02:43:08 PM »
Cool thread, for sure. I'll try and follow as much as I can  :)

Online HOF

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2023, 03:03:29 PM »
I'll definitely keep an eye on this. 

The Beach Boys were one of my first favorite bands.  I used to say that I liked the Beach Boys better in their pop era, and the Beatles better in their more experimental era, but I'll less sure of that now, I think I may have been undervaluing some of the Beach Boys' later material.  Probably worth a revisit at some point.

I'll confess to never going beyond Pet Sounds with The Beach Boys (though I know lots of their other songs of course). I do have Brian Wilson's Smile, which is interesting but a little bit hard to get into.

I can't get in to Pet Sounds very much, but their Sloop John B has been a Top 5 song of mine for decades.

yeah, Sloop John B has always been my go-to #1 track off Pet Sounds.

I like it better now, though I always sort of empathized with the character in the song so it kind of made me sad as a kid, LOL.

Will follow.  :tup :tup

I didn't hear Pet Sounds in full until I was like 30 or so, but it is a great record, definitely worthy of its classic status. I tend to revisit songs from it more than the whole album itself, but it's still really good from start to finish.

I tend to be into songs more than album when it comes to Simon and Garfunkel, but Bookends definitely has some of those songs I reach for.

I do think Pet Sounds can seem a bit disjointed just because it has so many tracks. Bookends is such an easy, short listen that it works really well as a whole album listen for me.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2023, 03:51:27 PM »
Those are fantastic. Looking forward to this.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2023, 09:15:15 AM »
Following!

Pet Sounds - I haven't heard this album in at least 10 years so I have to give it another spin. My initial impression of it was that it didn't click with me and I didn't really understand the greatness behind it.

Bookends - The first time I gave S&G a shot I didn't like them. Within the past few years I became a really big fan of Kings Of Convenience which has some S&G elements in their music. I then went back and listened to the Simon & Garfunkel records again and gained some new appreciation for them.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2023, 09:30:02 AM »
Awesome idea for a list, definitely following and checking out some of the stuff you'll post :tup

Pet Sounds is a nice album, definitely a very 60s record, but very well-written and produced. I've tried some of their other albums, but they haven't really been my thing.

I've never listened to a S&G song outside of The Sound of Silence, I think this might be a good album to start with them?

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2023, 10:55:11 AM »
Awesome idea for a list, definitely following and checking out some of the stuff you'll post :tup

Pet Sounds is a nice album, definitely a very 60s record, but very well-written and produced. I've tried some of their other albums, but they haven't really been my thing.

I've never listened to a S&G song outside of The Sound of Silence, I think this might be a good album to start with them?

have you listened to either:

1) Brian Wilson's "Smile" from 2004
2) The Smile Sessions

I personally got most into S&G's classic Bridge Over Troubled Water. It's interesting those 2 bands were listed here 1st, a local Minnesota band named Collective Unconscious performed the complete Abbey Road a few times with vintage Instruments back in the 2000's, and I saw it twice. They then did the same with Pet Sounds with an Orchestra, which I unfortunately did not get to see, but I did get to see them perform Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water which was almost equally as great. I remember specifically checking out Bookends and Sounds of Silence as well right befoe that show and while I enjoyed all 3, Bridge was the one  I liked most. I suppose part of it was the fact I was seeing it live, etc. But it still remains my favorite of theirs.

Online HOF

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2023, 12:58:02 PM »
Bridge Over Troubled Water is also excellent. The title track, The Boxer, and The Only Living Boy In New York are wonderful songs.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 01:34:16 PM by HOF »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2023, 01:13:23 PM »

have you listened to either:

1) Brian Wilson's "Smile" from 2004
2) The Smile Sessions
I think I have given the former a listen, but I don't remember much from it.

Online Mladen

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2023, 01:26:41 PM »
Following. I am not familiar with Simon & Garfunkel, but Pet Sounds is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2023, 01:32:05 PM »
I only know S&G's hits. Looking at Bookends, Only Hazy Shade of Winter if familiar, but I much prefer The angles' version. Maybe I heard it first, cannot remember. Also Susanna Hoffs.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2023, 02:44:56 PM »
I only know S&G's hits. Looking at Bookends, Only Hazy Shade of Winter if familiar, but I much prefer The angles' version. Maybe I heard it first, cannot remember. Also Susanna Hoffs.

S&G are one of my favourite artists.  Amazed you haven't heard Mrs Robinson or America!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2023, 02:58:49 PM »
I'm a sucker for pop music. I'm in.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2023, 03:07:29 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2023, 03:33:13 PM »

S&G are one of my favourite artists.  Amazed you haven't heard Mrs Robinson or America!

Yes I did overlook Mrs. Robinson in my post, never cared for that song.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2023, 10:59:41 AM »
I'm all OVER this thread.   I'm a HUGE Beach Boys fan (I don't have guilty pleasures, but I'm a deep cut BB fan, not just the hits.  I think Brian Wilson is a genius) and so this thread is off to a bang-up start!

Online HOF

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2023, 11:59:55 AM »
50. Adrian Belew - Inner Revolution (1992)

Kicking things off with one of the more energetic albums on the list.  It was also the first album on my computer when I sorted by artist for the longest time, so it seemed appropriate to start with it.

I went through a Belew era King Crimson kick back in the 00s, and my favorite songs were often the poppier Belew driven ones. This one is Belew at his poppiest. A lot of his solo stuff that I've come across is pretty out there, but he really tones down the weird here while still being distinctly Belew.

Big choruses, vocal harmonies, and Belew’s trademark guitar playing are all over this album. It’s those unusual lead guitar tones that make it unique. There's definitely a Beatles influence here as well.

This was apparently a breakup album following his divorce from his first wife, The War In The Gulf Between Us being the obvious song dealing with that subject. But it's on the whole more of a positive, , exuberant album (even that song comes across as quite happy). There's plenty of introspection on tracks like Inner Revolution, This Is What I Believe In, and Only A Dream, but then songs like Big Blue Sun, Birds, and Everything are just pure fun. 

Favorite Tracks: Big Blue Sun, Birds, Everything, The War In The Gulf Between Us.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2023, 12:09:50 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums - #50 It’s like the sun, only it’s blue.
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2023, 12:13:45 PM »
HOF, I've never checked this Belew solo album. Thank you.

Online HOF

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2023, 06:21:55 AM »
Bumping in case there is anyone else who wants to check out the Belew album before I move on.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2023, 07:41:52 AM »
I will at some point; quick Belew story before we move on (relevant, too).  I saw him a couple times with Crimson, including in '95 at the Palace Theater in New Haven, CT (November 18th, to be exact).  At the time, the big buzz was, "new Beatles material!" because the Anthology release was coming and word was the remaining Beatles took a John Lennon demo and fleshed it out. No one had heard a note of it, it was still just... not rumor but speculation.  Belew is known for his sense of humor and during his solo spot he goes "I'm going to ruin the surprise and play you the new Beatles song".   So he did a solo version of "Free, free as a bird!" and we all thought "wow, good tune but Belew is hilarious, there's no fucking way this is the new Beatles tune!".   Two days later, November 20th, the first Anthology is released and son of a bitch if that isn't the exact song Belew played us two nights before.  :)

(Side bar, I got to meet Sean Lennon at his show with Les Claypool at the same theater, the Palace in New Haven a couple years ago, and they were playing a Crimson song in their set - In The Court Of The Crimson King.  I wanted to ask him/mention that to him - sort of the circle of life, and I even brought the bootleg tape I have of the Crimson show - and I chickened out, because I didn't know how to phrase it.)

Online HOF

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2023, 08:13:30 AM »
I will at some point; quick Belew story before we move on (relevant, too).  I saw him a couple times with Crimson, including in '95 at the Palace Theater in New Haven, CT (November 18th, to be exact).  At the time, the big buzz was, "new Beatles material!" because the Anthology release was coming and word was the remaining Beatles took a John Lennon demo and fleshed it out. No one had heard a note of it, it was still just... not rumor but speculation.  Belew is known for his sense of humor and during his solo spot he goes "I'm going to ruin the surprise and play you the new Beatles song".   So he did a solo version of "Free, free as a bird!" and we all thought "wow, good tune but Belew is hilarious, there's no fucking way this is the new Beatles tune!".   Two days later, November 20th, the first Anthology is released and son of a bitch if that isn't the exact song Belew played us two nights before.  :)

(Side bar, I got to meet Sean Lennon at his show with Les Claypool at the same theater, the Palace in New Haven a couple years ago, and they were playing a Crimson song in their set - In The Court Of The Crimson King.  I wanted to ask him/mention that to him - sort of the circle of life, and I even brought the bootleg tape I have of the Crimson show - and I chickened out, because I didn't know how to phrase it.)

Now that’s a great story. You can definitely tell he’s a Beatles devotee from this record.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2023, 08:16:27 AM »
I will jump on this.  Pet Sounds is awesome, and Simon & Garfunkel are always good.

I love Adrian Belew wherever and whenever I hear him, but I've never listened to that album.  I shall endeavor to do so with all speed.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online HOF

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2023, 09:28:15 AM »
Let's move on.

49. Duncan Sheik - Duncan Sheik (1996)

This album is a recent discovery, though I've long thought "Barely Breathing" was a top notch pop tune. Some major nostalgia with that song as it was inescapable for a few years in the late 90s. I guess I always just assumed it was a one-hit wonder and there wouldn't be much else worthwhile on the album. I could not have been more wrong! What tipped me off that it might be worth exploring was seeing that it was produced by Rupert Hine (produced Rush's Presto and Roll the Bones, some Camel, etc.). It was also mixed by Stephen W. Taylor, who recently re-mixed Marillion's Holidays in Eden. Those are the little things that send my antenna up sometimes with albums (though of course it's nothing like any of those bands).

While "Barely Breathing" is a slickly produced 90s pop tune, the album is a much more delicate singer-songwriter affair, primarily focusing on Sheik's voice and acoustic guitar. What surprised me the most about this album though is how orchestral it is, featuring several wonderful string arrangements that really make the record. I can see why nothing else took off as a radio hit ("She Runs Away" and "Reasons for Living" were also released as singles apparently, but I don't recall hearing them before). It's a somber, introspective album that works best on a rainy day. Some might call it coffee house music. It's all very warm and cozy. Reminds me of another album that will feature here on the countdown in a little bit.

My favorite tracks tend to be the ones featuring the more intricate string arrangements. "She Runs Away" sets the stage for the album nicely, giving a taste of the orchestration to come on the second track, "In The Absence of Sun," which really blossoms into something incredible at the end. "Days Go By" somehow walks a line between despair and elation over a relationship that seems to good to be true. "November" is probably the most elaborate of the arrangements, but it is especially frail and aching vocally. A beautiful track. "Home" is similarly frail with more of an ambient arrangement. "Serena," which features some nice lead guitar work, and "Out of Order," are two more upbeat, full band tracks that help round out the album and keep it from being too sleepy. "The End Of Outside," has sort of an Indian/far eastern vibe and probably should have ended the album as the last track "Little Hands" is a bit of a downer after it.

It's kind of a shame that Sheik disappeared commercially after this, but he has continued to make music which I'm interested to check out more of now.

Favorite songs: She Runs Away, In The Absence Of Sun, November, The End of Outside, Barely Breathing

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums - #49 Duncan, not Dunkin'
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2023, 09:52:52 AM »
Honestly, I never liked the hit, and he never went anywhere after this came out, so there is no way I would jump on this one.

It's pretty wild that you jumped on it this long after it came out, but since you like it, I'm glad that you did!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online HOF

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2023, 10:15:42 AM »
Honestly, I never liked the hit, and he never went anywhere after this came out, so there is no way I would jump on this one.

It's pretty wild that you jumped on it this long after it came out, but since you like it, I'm glad that you did!

Not saying you'd for sure like it, but there is a lot more to this one than what you might expect from only hearing Barely Breathing.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2023, 10:33:34 AM »
Re: Duncan Sheik.  Coffee House music is a great descriptor of that song.  There were a whole bunch of similar songs that I used to call "chain-core" because it sounded like it was tailor made for the muzak systems of casual dining restaurants.  See also Toad the Wet Sprocket, The Gin Blossoms, Vertical Horizon, Deep Blue Something, Savage Garden, and so on.  Also, my mom was a big fan of this album. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online HOF

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2023, 10:40:54 AM »
Re: Duncan Sheik.  Coffee House music is a great descriptor of that song.  There were a whole bunch of similar songs that I used to call "chain-core" because it sounded like it was tailor made for the muzak systems of casual dining restaurants.  See also Toad the Wet Sprocket, The Gin Blossoms, Vertical Horizon, Deep Blue Something, Savage Garden, and so on.  Also, my mom was a big fan of this album.

Or music you might hear on an episode of Friends or Dawson's Creek (not that I really watched those shows). Definitely all part of my childhood. One of these artists besides Sheik makes an appearance on this list.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2023, 02:48:05 PM »
Hmm, I love Vertical Horizon, some Gin Blossoms and similar music, but have never heard of this one.  I'll have to check it out sometime later. 

Online HOF

Re: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums - #48 All on a Sunday
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2023, 08:51:19 AM »
Sneaking another one in today, because, well it’s Sunday.

48. The Sundays - Static & Silence (1997)

Another late 90s album from a band I knew nothing about until recently other than the song "Summertime," which was a bit of a radio hit in 1997. A late night YouTube rabbit hole brought that song back to my attention, which led me to seek out the album for the first time. I was immediately hooked by the mix of songwriting, playing, and instrumentation on this album.

The group is the creation of guitarist David Gavurin and singer Harrier Wheeler. While this album is very much in that late 90s alternative/indie pop style production-wise, it has some chamber pop elements in terms of the instrumentation as well. There's lots of layered guitar work by Gavurin, with a nice blend of jangly, chiming electric guitars and articulate acoustic lines, and some great melodic bass as well. The album makes effective use of string and horn arrangements throughout with some piano and flute in places as well. Wheeler is the real star here though. She has the perfect voice to carry this music. It's all very well produced and recorded, just a great sounding album.   

If you don't know "Summertime," it's just a charming song. One of those tunes that just makes you smile, like a good pop tune should. Another favorite, "Folk Song,” is a more pensive guitar, voice, and strings piece. “She" is a more upbeat track with some interesting percussive elements. “Cry” has a fantastic middle eight featuring mandolin over strings. “Leave This City” and “Monochrome” are each gentle tracks that showcase Harriet’s voice, the later apparently being inspired by the Apollo 11 moon landing (and hence the moon on the cover).

This was the band’s third and final album, with Wheeler and Gavurin putting music on hold to raise their young family. Their earlier music seems to have more of a The Cure or The Smiths quality about it, but I’ll be checking those albums out as well I’m sure.

Favorite tracks: Summertime, Folk Song, She, Cry, Monochrome.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: HOF's Top 50 "Pop" Albums - #48 All on a Sunday
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2023, 08:57:17 AM »
Never heard of this. I'll definitely check it out.