Author Topic: Obesity  (Read 10669 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Obesity
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2023, 03:12:26 PM »
Isn't that like shoveling shit against the tide? :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2023, 03:15:04 PM »
Apparently!  :lol

But little things she'll do..

She never uses the closest parking space.
Never uses the drive thru at the pharmacy, always walks in.
Never uses the escalator, or even an elevator if she can help it.
She has a stepper at her computer.
She never sits down, always preferring to stand..anywhere.
Builds in multiple walks throughout her workday.
Is liable to be on the treadmill any time.
Tries to do at least 20 min cardio every day, usually to a youtube video.
Enjoys cutting the grass, and shoveling.. WTF??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2023, 03:16:27 PM »
 :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2023, 01:34:48 PM »
Anyone catch Gwyneth Paltrow's appearance on a "wellness" podcast while she is hooked up to an IV to get nutrients one can easily get from EATING?!?

Then she says she does intermittent fasting - breaks her fast with bone broth for lunch.  Works out, grabs a sauna then has a dinner that follows a paleo diet.

Can anyone remind me again when the paleo era introduced IV infusion again?

:facepalm:

And you just know that she has millions of followers who think this is what healthy nutrition looks like.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2023, 02:05:26 PM »
People like her and Food Babe are the worst thing to happen to the world of nutrition.

On a side note, I love that this thread got bumped right after I made a fatass of myself on leftover mini eclairs from a lunch party. :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2023, 02:07:33 PM »
But she's DOING something!  Haha.  I feel like she's a shining example of why so many people dislike celebrities.

Ya know what I do after lunch - if I HAVE a lunch?   I work. Not work OUT, I work.  Then I have to take the dogs out.  Then I have to cook my dinner. Then serve it.  MAYBE I can get my kid to clean up, but not usually, so then I have to clean up and do the dishes.  Maybe I can get my kid to administer an IV while I'm scrubbing the pans!

HAHA, I kid, a little bit, but please.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2023, 02:08:16 PM »
People like her and Food Babe are the worst thing to happen to the world of nutrition.

Too much?  Too far?  :) :) :) :)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2023, 02:17:00 PM »
Anyone catch Gwyneth Paltrow's appearance on a "wellness" podcast while she is hooked up to an IV to get nutrients one can easily get from EATING?!?

Then she says she does intermittent fasting - breaks her fast with bone broth for lunch.  Works out, grabs a sauna then has a dinner that follows a paleo diet.

And you just know that she has millions of followers who think this is what healthy nutrition looks like.

Damn. Guess doing Shallow Hal really got to her.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2023, 02:19:55 PM »
Great movie!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2023, 03:25:33 PM »

She must really hate broccoli.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2023, 04:33:13 PM »

Absolutely not...this is a rare moment we're in 100% agreement. Especially Food Babe...what a shit stain on life's underwear she is, so glad her light fizzled out.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2023, 04:34:11 PM »

Absolutely not...this is a rare moment we're in 100% agreement. Especially Food Babe...what a shit stain on life's underwear she is, so glad her light fizzled out.

Who in the hell is Food Babe?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2023, 04:34:28 PM »

Who?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2023, 04:36:44 PM »
Food babe? Are they related to Salt Bae?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2023, 04:38:28 PM »
Food babe? Are they related to Salt Bae?
Was their Gandma Old Bay?

Heard she was salty..

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2023, 04:44:04 PM »
Food Babe is a 'nutrition' blogger who faded from obscurity a few years back, but for the early 2010s, she had a massive following and even made appearances on Dr Oz. I'd credit her idiotic takes on 'science' for breeding a huge swath of the worst in people's nutritional decisions. She was at the forefront of weaponizing the word 'toxic' and getting people to be phobic of chemicals in food. She would take scary sounding words of common ingredients and use it to fear monger (even though she constantly pushed the health benefits of red wine, a known class 1 carcinogen). She also would tell her followers to just lie to restaurants and say you have an allergy to something so they wouldn't put it in there, not knowing the extreme measures between 'no butter' and 'allergic to butter' preparations.

Fucking hate her.

Here's a good piece on her by a blogger I follow Science Babe....

https://www.gawker.com/the-food-babe-blogger-is-full-of-shit-1694902226

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2023, 04:46:47 PM »
So...Science Babe did a report on Food Babe?

That's Babe on Babe crime.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2023, 05:08:26 PM »

I've seen that movie plus the 3 sequels.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2023, 05:09:55 PM »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2023, 05:10:38 PM »
 :lol Babe 3 was definitely the best one.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2023, 06:09:12 PM »
Glad this thread got bumped because it reminded me of this article I read a couple days ago.

https://mynorthwest.com/3856649/dr-gordon-cohen-weight-loss-drugs-could-put-medicare-out-of-business

Dr. Cohen told Dave Ross that drugs like Ozempic are quite costly, and what used to be a drug used by diabetics is now being used by people who simply want to lose weight.

A year’s worth of the medication is in the ballpark of $14,000. So it’s quite costly,” Dr. Cohen said. “It turns out that 42% of adults in the United States who are six years and older have obesity.”
According to recent research cited by Dr. Cohen, if the trend continues it would put a $27 billion annual burden on Medicare. If that happened, Dr. Cohen said medicare would be broke.

“There are tremendous health benefits from losing weight. We know that obesity is related to so many other things; hypertension, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, all these things, which have a lot of medical costs associated with them,” Dr. Cohen said.

“So hopefully, there would be a trade-off that you’re prescribing these medications, people are losing weight, their diabetes is improving, their blood pressure is improving. They’re having less heart disease, they’re having less metabolic syndrome. And as a result, they’re needing less medical care, which turns out to be much more expensive anyway.”
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2023, 06:34:01 PM »
Great, so now people will get expensive medication thinking it's a magic pill so they think they can still eat like shit, still get diseases and not lose any weight.  Seems like a no brainer.......

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2023, 06:41:48 PM »
Eventually it will be able to be generic and will be much cheaper, but yeah.... people will look at it as a magic pill to get skinny while maintaining their crappy lifestyle.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2023, 06:52:11 PM »

There's a Farm Babe too.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2023, 06:57:01 PM »

There's a Farm Babe too.

The 4th instalment is actually called babes gone wild too.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2023, 07:00:09 PM »
After Kingshmegland's surgery, he's now the DTF Babe.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2023, 07:02:11 PM »

I think we can all agree to that one.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2023, 07:29:42 PM »

He was that before the surgery.. Just so damn cute :hearts:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2023, 07:19:28 AM »

Not for nothing, but there ought to be a law about calling YOURSELF a "babe" on your blogs/websites.  I get that the idea is to "come for the looks, stay for the intellect", but still.

(We are such an uncritical society; it's like the reality shows where the camera is already in the house and the doorbell rings, and the person goes nuts as if they have no idea what's happening. You let a team of cameras in your house for no reason?  I see that and think to myself "these producers must think we're stupid", and the reality is, they DO, and we don't care.)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2023, 07:57:24 AM »

Not for nothing, but there ought to be a law about calling YOURSELF a "babe" on your blogs/websites.  I get that the idea is to "come for the looks, stay for the intellect", but still.

I agree!

Offline Harmony

« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2023, 08:12:03 AM »

Not for nothing, but there ought to be a law about calling YOURSELF a "babe" on your blogs/websites.

To be fair - the ones that came after Food Babe - those that I know of are Science Babe, Farm Babe, and Food Science Babe - purposefully chose those monikers as a way to mock Food Babe.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2023, 10:57:54 AM »

Not for nothing, but there ought to be a law about calling YOURSELF a "babe" on your blogs/websites.

To be fair - the ones that came after Food Babe - those that I know of are Science Babe, Farm Babe, and Food Science Babe - purposefully chose those monikers as a way to mock Food Babe.

That's fair enough.  I got a little of that from the Science Babe site.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2023, 11:17:35 AM »

That's fair enough.  I got a little of that from the Science Babe site.

I've been following her for years, she's actually sharp as fuck and exceptionally funny. Definitely enjoy what she writes.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2023, 02:57:53 PM »
I used to enjoy SciBabe and followed her for many years.  Then one time she took some post I made and twisted it to mean something I wasn't saying and posted it on her Twitter page so her followers could berate me.  I tried to explain my meaning but she metaphorically stuck her fingers in her ears and refused to cut me any slack.  I honestly don't even recall what the topic was.

This was also during Covid and IIRC her brother had been diagnosed with cancer.  She also has had some major health problems herself.  I chalked up the exchange to her level of stress at the time but it did leave a very sour taste in my mouth and I do not follow her anymore because of that.

Life is too short to deal with that kind of BS

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2023, 05:21:53 PM »
I had that happen with a vegan, female, weight lifter I followed. She asked for topics for her podcast, so I suggested the urban myth about tofu and birth control. She had never heard of it, so I sent her a screen shot just googling it to show her the sheer amount of internet hits (valid or not) and she blew it up on her insta stories with a screen shot of our messages. She went on about people believing everything they see on the internet. Like..... um what? Thats not what I said at all, I even told her I learned about it during high school, not off the internet. Needless to say, I stopped following her as well.