Author Topic: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (FINAL RESULTS!)  (Read 74233 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (R1 Results!)
« Reply #560 on: February 08, 2023, 05:54:31 PM »
Dang it, I was hoping I was going to score at least 8.5 due to your first impression!  Ah well.  Round Two sent.

The first impression, unfortunately, was the best impression. This started out quite high, but dropped with each subsequent listen. The drumming felt programmed. Not sure if it was a real person or not. It was almost too fast and I started to find it distracting. And while I initially was able to look past those harsh vocals, eventually it would catch up with the song.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #561 on: February 08, 2023, 05:59:14 PM »
Sent. 

Offline romdrums

« Reply #562 on: February 08, 2023, 06:11:40 PM »
Dang it, I was hoping I was going to score at least 8.5 due to your first impression!  Ah well.  Round Two sent.

The first impression, unfortunately, was the best impression. This started out quite high, but dropped with each subsequent listen. The drumming felt programmed. Not sure if it was a real person or not. It was almost too fast and I started to find it distracting. And while I initially was able to look past those harsh vocals, eventually it would catch up with the song.

Got it. It’s all good!

It was a real person, but probably using an electronic kit triggering samples and quantized.  Still, they’re incredibly tight, and you should still check the whole album out.  Lots of cool stuff going on throughout.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #563 on: February 08, 2023, 06:23:12 PM »
Second to last isn't last, I'll take it :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #564 on: February 08, 2023, 06:31:52 PM »
Oh shit, the instrumental round I squabbled about is after this next one, I gotta run through my options more carefully soon!   :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #565 on: February 08, 2023, 06:53:26 PM »

Got it. It’s all good!

It was a real person, but probably using an electronic kit triggering samples and quantized.  Still, they’re incredibly tight, and you should still check the whole album out.  Lots of cool stuff going on throughout.

I actually dropped the needle on the rest of the album and I'm all over it.  :tup
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #566 on: February 08, 2023, 06:59:16 PM »
That score for Hellfueled is pretty on point.  No complaints here.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #567 on: February 08, 2023, 07:06:36 PM »
Disappointed. You are ready have my picks through round 4.

Just because you got anesthesia this round, didn't mean I needed any.  ;D

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #568 on: February 08, 2023, 07:41:43 PM »
Second to last isn't last, I'll take it :lol
Haha, yeah, Redefine went over about as well as I thought it would. Although New Skin probably would have gone over better and has the same high energy of an opening track.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #569 on: February 08, 2023, 07:52:04 PM »
Sent!

And Sent!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #570 on: February 08, 2023, 07:53:44 PM »
This wasn't a fucking EP round!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #571 on: February 08, 2023, 07:54:54 PM »

Take it up with the person that made the rules!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #572 on: February 08, 2023, 08:02:49 PM »

Take it up with the person that made the rules!

The choice has been made. And as usual, it's crystal clear.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #573 on: February 08, 2023, 08:14:40 PM »

Posted 9:53

The choice has been made. And as usual, it's crystal clear.

Posted 10:02

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #574 on: February 08, 2023, 08:17:06 PM »
Song #1 listened to: 9:30-9:45
Song #2 listened to: 9:45-10:00
J-Boy Rule 6'd: 10:16

Offline nick_z

« Reply #575 on: February 08, 2023, 08:19:14 PM »
Lithojazzosphere  Non Human Level-Divine Creation Of Void

These guitars are razor sharp. Great instrumentation.

I knew with just the intro that I was going to like this. Nice tone on the guitars and excellent riffing. The harsh vocals are acceptable. There seems just enough taken off the top of them. The chorus is nice. The bass solo section at 2:50 is awesome. Nice way to break things up and the rest of the instrumental break absolutely kills.

So I'm sort of surprised how obscure these guys are given some of their pedigrees and actually being stealthily DT-adjacent.  But I guess there are so many one-off Swedish project bands that they just got totally lost in the sauce.  The vocalist is Peter Wildoer, who's done drums and harsh vocals for LaBrie's solo projects (and of course finished 3rd in the Portnoy replacement soap opera), the drummer has performed a fair amount with Devin Townsend, the guitarist is from Darkane, and the bass player was in Pain of Salvation and Meshuggah.  The Swedes really know how to do supergroups right.  Some of the other songs are significantly more downtuned, I picked one that mostly stays closer to standard tuning range, so your mileage may vary, but the whole album is fantastic.

Litho, quick comment here - I LOVED this song. Had no idea about this supergroup...2005? I guess I wasn't following the "scene" as closely. Is the whole album this good? I'll have to check it out soon

Offline faizoff

« Reply #576 on: February 08, 2023, 08:19:40 PM »
Round 1 Results!!

Faizoff    Volbeat-Rebel Monster

Really high energy. I was a bit iffy on the vocals at first, but they kind of grew on me as the song went on.

This song really surprised me. I feel like it was the one song that I looked forward to the most to hear. It has this really cool vibe to it. The off kilter vocal verses caught me off guard, but they have a really cool vibe and flow to them. The chorus also has a really endearing quality to it. I actually went to youtube during the round to pull up some live performances. It’s kickass live too. Musically, it reminded me a bit of Anthrax, especially Charlie’s drumming. This song was just supremely enjoyable. Surprise!

Daaaamn, glad you enjoyed it. I first saw Volbeat live in Knotfest and had never heard of them before and they killed it live. They were very fun to watch perform. I had no idea of any of their tracks and one of their songs sounds similar to South of Heaven and they played that riff leading into the track. It was awesome. The lead singer has a really cool demeanor and was very engaged with the audience the whole time.

Now got to figure out the next round.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #577 on: February 08, 2023, 08:22:15 PM »
I had no idea Volbeat has been around as long as they have. Definitely going to be checking out more of them.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #578 on: February 08, 2023, 08:23:17 PM »
Round 1 Results!!

Faizoff    Volbeat-Rebel Monster

Really high energy. I was a bit iffy on the vocals at first, but they kind of grew on me as the song went on.

This song really surprised me. I feel like it was the one song that I looked forward to the most to hear. It has this really cool vibe to it. The off kilter vocal verses caught me off guard, but they have a really cool vibe and flow to them. The chorus also has a really endearing quality to it. I actually went to youtube during the round to pull up some live performances. It’s kickass live too. Musically, it reminded me a bit of Anthrax, especially Charlie’s drumming. This song was just supremely enjoyable. Surprise!

Daaaamn, glad you enjoyed it. I first saw Volbeat live in Knotfest and had never heard of them before and they killed it live. They were very fun to watch perform. I had no idea of any of their tracks and one of their songs sounds similar to South of Heaven and they played that riff leading into the track. It was awesome. The lead singer has a really cool demeanor and was very engaged with the audience the whole time.

Now got to figure out the next round.

Yep, this is a fun song, for sure. After a while, Volbeat can be a bit much for me, but they know what they are doing. One of my favorite songs of theirs is Doc Holliday. A fantastic (and catchy) riff-fest.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #579 on: February 08, 2023, 09:28:39 PM »
Litho, quick comment here - I LOVED this song. Had no idea about this supergroup...2005? I guess I wasn't following the "scene" as closely. Is the whole album this good? I'll have to check it out soon

To me, yes.  Some of it is a bit faster/heavier/thrashier, some of it is a little more calm like was hinted at in a couple sections - pretty decent variety for a harsh vocal-only album.  You'll get surprises from time to time too like pipe organ or synthesizer solos. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 09:39:38 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline faizoff

« Reply #580 on: February 08, 2023, 09:48:56 PM »
Are we re-using bands for multiple rounds? or is that now allowed this roulette?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #581 on: February 08, 2023, 09:52:25 PM »
Round 1 Results!!

Dragon Attack   MC5-Kick Out The Jams

No fancy passages here. This song just punches you in the face.

So, Joe I think you picked out a great tune perfect for this round. It’s a classic, and I’ve gotta be honest…I’ve never heard it before. It’s easy to see its influence, like on Buddy’s Cave In track. This is simple but effective and it’s cool to see an old song like this basically define what this round is all about.

I'll wear the comments as a badge of honor forever.  :tup  (it'll make up for all the 1s and 2s I get from here on in).

I did notice you used the PG version for the playlist.  That 'kick out the jams, m*th*r  :censoreds' intro would occasionally get played by some of the daring DJs back in the day.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #582 on: February 08, 2023, 09:56:37 PM »
I did notice you used the PG version for the playlist.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #583 on: February 09, 2023, 12:16:59 AM »
Oh cool, I'm in first place

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #584 on: February 09, 2023, 12:19:23 AM »
congrats luke, apparently!

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #585 on: February 09, 2023, 12:36:27 AM »
Sent!

Looks like I have Schrodinger's Score until I post my results, well played Tim.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #586 on: February 09, 2023, 02:01:34 AM »
I'll wear the comments as a badge of honor forever.  :tup  (it'll make up for all the 1s and 2s I get from here on in).

Tim doesn't give out 1s and 2s (unless it's a Winger round) - he hated everything about Genesis tune and it still got 6.5.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #587 on: February 09, 2023, 03:14:43 AM »
Strong start. :metal Interesting to see your view on what makes a good opening song though, for me a big expansive opener works just as well as a short punchy one. But I still got a good score so I ain't complaining.

Just to check, round 2 is just a single song yes? But with no length limit.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #588 on: February 09, 2023, 03:23:54 AM »
Strong start. :metal Interesting to see your view on what makes a good opening song though, for me a big expansive opener works just as well as a short punchy one. But I still got a good score so I ain't complaining.

Just to check, round 2 is just a single song yes? But with no length limit.

Yes that’s correct. One song no time limit.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #589 on: February 09, 2023, 03:53:07 AM »
Sent.

I'm gonna overtake Chad in the cheating department pretty soon the way I'm going.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #590 on: February 09, 2023, 04:05:59 AM »
Are we re-using bands for multiple rounds? or is that now allowed this roulette?

Either way sent for round 2.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #591 on: February 09, 2023, 04:25:43 AM »

You can’t do that.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #592 on: February 09, 2023, 04:43:48 AM »
Sent for round 2!

EDIT: And sent for round 3!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 04:54:01 AM by ariich »

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #593 on: February 09, 2023, 05:01:08 AM »

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #594 on: February 09, 2023, 06:07:20 AM »
Song #1 listened to: 9:30-9:45
Song #2 listened to: 9:45-10:00
J-Boy Rule 6'd: 10:16

Fair enough.  I forgot you spend all your free time on DTF, and hadn't figured you'd start listening to the submissions straight away.  I'm honored!

Sent.

I'm gonna overtake Chad in the cheating department pretty soon the way I'm going.

Atta boy!  I'm proud of you.