Author Topic: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (FINAL RESULTS!)  (Read 76796 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (FINAL RESULTS!)
« Reply #2730 on: March 28, 2023, 06:44:53 AM »
Thanks for running this Tim I had a lot of fun, and I didn't realize you had so much on your plate.

I wasn't fully prepared to be so aroused this morning...

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2731 on: March 28, 2023, 07:21:30 AM »
Tim, nice job all around!  I'm with you, I don't do these to discover new music or to pimp my music, but it's all about the camaraderie and banter.  This one delivered, as usual (though I am glad I got to share the Vai). 

Hope you're well.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2732 on: March 28, 2023, 01:04:49 PM »
So...

Before I post scores and shit, I really wanted to thank everyone for participating. I threw this together kind of quickly when a window opened up. Every single one of you sent something very meaningful to me and really appreciate all of you.

As some of you know, the last two months of 2022 were fucking brutal for the TACS. In the span of 6 weeks, we lost our best friend, I had some very significantly awful health news (not cancer), and my father passed away ten days before Christmas. Couple that with having to move my mother after the holidays, I was about as spent as spent can get. I'd sit down at the computer and I could not figure out what to listen to. I just had a malaise come over me, especially when it came to listening to music, which is literally my favorite thing to do, outside of my family.

Thanks to all of you, I really feel energized musically. I am not only going to follow up on these roulette submissions, but I am going to go back and follow up on my past roulette submissions.
I've said it before, but I don't hold roulettes to discover music. I have enough music to last a couple of lifetimes. But I enjoy the banter and the friendships most of all. Once I finish a roulette, I very rarely go back and look at what was sent. The appreciation I feel for having so many songs chosen for me has motivated me to really dig in. Chad has posted post roulette listening threads, and maybe I'll do something similar. I plan on spending the next year going back through my previous roulettes.
I wasn't aware of most of that. Life can be really tough sometimes. Really sorry you had such a shitty few months, but I'm glad to have contributed to a roulette that's helped your wellbeing - hope things continue that way!

And very glad you liked the Shadecrown so much (finally a score that wasn't either 8.4 or 7.9! :lol), I thought you'd probably dig it. All their albums are good but especially the latest two.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2733 on: March 28, 2023, 02:31:12 PM »
Tim, nice job all around!  I'm with you, I don't do these to discover new music or to pimp my music, but it's all about the camaraderie and banter.  This one delivered, as usual (though I am glad I got to share the Vai). 

Hope you're well.

Thank you Bill. I'm going good!

I wasn't aware of most of that. Life can be really tough sometimes. Really sorry you had such a shitty few months, but I'm glad to have contributed to a roulette that's helped your wellbeing - hope things continue that way!

And very glad you liked the Shadecrown so much (finally a score that wasn't either 8.4 or 7.9! :lol), I thought you'd probably dig it. All their albums are good but especially the latest two.

Thanks Rich.

Believe it or not, 7 or 8 of the bands I received in this round, I have one of their albums Saved in my Spotify library including Shadecrown's Solitarian and Kvelertak's Splid.

All that means is that I sampled it and decided to Save it, but haven't gone back to it. I will definitely going back to them.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (R8 Impressions!)
« Reply #2734 on: March 28, 2023, 04:32:06 PM »
I was intrigued by that comment too even though I don't know anything by the band.  I mean, as we all know Chad is more of a wimp than Tim is when it comes to music.  :biggrin:

As to participants here, I think the DA household is this as to being headbangers

Then again, maybe we're all wimps, since even Mrs. DA likes Spheric Universe Experience  :lol

This might be my one and only roulette, but I enjoyed the hell out of it, learned a lot, laughed a lot, agonized a lot,....and can always say I co-won a TAC round.  Will wear that as  a badge of honor forever  ;) :tup

I never followed any of them before, but I am being entertained with the comments in LJS's roulette  :D

Tim, thanks for bringing some smiles to us during our chaos, whilst having to deal with so much of your own.   :heart :tup

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2735 on: March 28, 2023, 04:41:54 PM »
Thank you Joe!
A pleasure to have you.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #2736 on: March 29, 2023, 02:42:36 AM »
Thank you for running this and having me :tup I hope there's at least one band I sent you'll check afterwards. If you liked those Fair to Midland songs I think you'll like the rest of the albums as well. It is a 5/5 album for me.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2737 on: March 29, 2023, 04:41:24 AM »
Perfectly executed and run roulette mate, as always my friend......except Chad winning!  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2738 on: March 29, 2023, 07:14:36 AM »
Perfectly executed and run roulette mate, as always my friend......except Chad winning!  ;D

Proof that this roulette is not fixed!  :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2739 on: March 29, 2023, 07:23:54 AM »
Chad, where's the victory dance?  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2740 on: March 29, 2023, 08:47:35 AM »
Can you guys stop changing your names and avatars?  Screws me all the f*** up!!  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2741 on: March 29, 2023, 09:05:38 AM »
Can you guys stop changing your names and avatars?  Screws me all the f*** up!!  :) :) :) :) :) :)

I kept Dio through the roulette. I was going to change him out halfway through, but decided to keep him.

My new avatar provides a hint about Kev's guitar countdown.  ;D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2742 on: March 29, 2023, 09:15:35 AM »
My name change is all about Tim.  Blame him. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2743 on: March 30, 2023, 11:08:10 AM »
Whoa, finished already! Thanks for running this, it was fun and I'm glad I could get you some music you enjoyed :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2744 on: March 30, 2023, 12:37:55 PM »
Whoa, finished already! Thanks for running this, it was fun and I'm glad I could get you some music ON TIMEyou enjoyed :)

Very proud of you Elite. Hopefully you're cured. :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2745 on: March 30, 2023, 12:45:30 PM »
There is no cure for Elateness, only temporary remissions.  :)

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2746 on: March 31, 2023, 09:32:02 PM »
TAC, did anyone use the Wild Card for the 2 or 3-song rounds?  It didn't seem to have much value to me, to just be able to send 5% or so more music, compared to the value of picking the better of two entire songs.  But maybe there is something I'm overlooking. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2747 on: April 01, 2023, 11:59:53 AM »
TAC, did anyone use the Wild Card for the 2 or 3-song rounds?  It didn't seem to have much value to me, to just be able to send 5% or so more music, compared to the value of picking the better of two entire songs.  But maybe there is something I'm overlooking.

No, nobody used it. One entry was almost 22 minutes but one of the songs had a long ambient useless ending which I overlooked.

All I knew was that I did not want to have to pick between two 15 or 20 minute entries. There's been a couple of roulettes where there was a 15 minute limit, and I had two songs that came in a bit over, so I just decided to apply it in the way that I did.

Actually, I was surprised at how short some of the submissions were.