Author Topic: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette (FINAL RESULTS!)  (Read 76891 times)

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: The TAC V.6 Helping Ariich With Diaper Duty Roulette
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2023, 06:40:58 AM »
I've got a few things lined up for the 2023 round already, with further options to be added before the round kicks off. The cock blocking ratio is going to be higher than usual though  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2023, 06:45:19 AM »
That’s cuz there’s a bunch of dicks playing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2023, 07:17:28 AM »
That’s cuz there’s a bunch of dicks playing.

Led by our exalted shaft, Tim!  All hail the King Prick!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2023, 07:26:19 AM »
You’re gonna make me gush.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2023, 07:49:39 AM »
Now.....who do I send the 'Kip Winger in the buff' pix to for bonus points?

They come through me for quality control and then I send them on to Tim.

I forgot to mention, like Chad did, that I was asking for a friend.

'Rule 6' sounds scary.......
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2023, 09:24:09 AM »
I would consider a fair amount of what Satch, Vai, and similar players do as "music".  It's sometimes even more melodic and song-structured than the typical DT song, for example, which can be closer to fretboard exercises.  And I'd put Sfogli loosely in the Satch/Vai category, it's also instrumental rock, maybe a tad proggier and more metal.  I'm probably going in a different direction anyway and might use my wild card there. 

Yeah, I think I just have a prejudice, perhaps unfounded, of Guitar Hero style music. It's a "me" problem, and I'm all for having my mind changed. But I will say that I don't like Steve Vai's sound or shtick.

Hmmm...  Is there a light bulb emoji?  Wait....  Yes!   :justjen

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2023, 09:40:00 AM »
I was thinking Diamanda Galás. 
or Emilie Autumn perhaps.

Hmm, totally different than the other two, but probably also not what TAC would want, I suspect. 

Yeah, I think I just have a prejudice, perhaps unfounded, of Guitar Hero style music. It's a "me" problem, and I'm all for having my mind changed. But I will say that I don't like Steve Vai's sound or shtick.

This seems like it might be a highly idiosyncratic bias of yours against just him in particular, possibly based on a potentially skewed sample of his music (though I have a feeling it might be certain types of songs he does, but I can't be sure), but the way you talk about it is so weird that I think I'm still gonna steer clear of that area in the roulette.  I'm not at the point in my roulette career where I'm ready to regularly send challenging music to test the host's boundaries (Luke's round 9 is still killing me!), so maybe after the roulette is over I'll send you something that I might have considered sending that round.  Or maybe based on what everyone else sends and your responses it'll start making more sense. 

That Coldplay thing where he sued them was fucking bullshit.  I can't believe he did that to be honest.

Yeah, I agree on that. 

Don't over think it.

You must be new here.  :p

If the piece feels like a giant guitar solo, then that's probably what TAC means by "Fancy schmancy guitar noodles". One of the reasons I like guys like Plini (not banned, maybe I'll use him for that round) is because most of the time his music doesn't feel that way. But with guys like Satch and Vai, more often than not, it does. Nothing wrong with it, but there is clear structural and compositional differences in their styles.

Yeah, but TAC likes a lot of music that you could describe as a giant guitar solo that happens to have some vocals in-between, so I think there's something else going on.  Plini would have been a candidate for the round, but he's heavily influenced by Vai (possibly not in the sense that TAC dislikes, but I don't want to risk it).  He's also influenced by jazz and djent (less so over time, but it's still there), so that could be risky, but that's your prerogative.  There are certainly compositional differences, but it varies a lot song to song, and there are certainly Plini songs that I would describe as far noodlier than Satch or Vai ones, heck, that whole style is sometimes derided as "djazz noodling".  I'm utterly fascinated now how that round is going to play out. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 09:45:51 AM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2023, 09:48:04 AM »
Don't over think it.

Hahaha!

If the piece feels like a giant guitar solo, then that's probably what TAC means by "Fancy schmancy guitar noodles". One of the reasons I like guys like Plini (not banned, maybe I'll use him for that round) is because most of the time his music doesn't feel that way. But with guys like Satch and Vai, more often than not, it does. Nothing wrong with it, but there is clear structural and compositional differences in their styles.

Yeah, but TAC likes a lot of music that you could describe as a giant guitar solo that happens to have some vocals in-between, so I think there's something else going on.  Plini would have been a candidate for the round, but he's heavily influenced by Vai (possibly not in the sense that TAC dislikes, but I don't want to risk it).  He's also influenced by jazz and djent (less so over time, but it's still there), so that could be risky, but that's your prerogative.  There are certainly compositional differences, but it varies a lot song to song, and there are certainly Plini songs that I would describe as far noodlier than Satch or Vai ones.  I'm utterly fascinated now how that round is going to play out.

It may be; I like Vai, myself, but I get it. He's not just a "weedly weedly guitar guy"; he's got a bit of that spirituality guru thing going on too (what was the song that he fasted for ten days to get into the mindset to play it?)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2023, 11:23:04 AM »
I hate when smack talkers have to take naps.  Yeah, you Tim!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2023, 12:23:08 PM »

I’m not napping. I’m picking my son up at school. Then I have to take a nap.

I need three more songs!!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2023, 12:30:58 PM »

I’m not napping. I’m picking my son up at school. Then I have to take a nap.

I need three more songs!!

'Surf's Up.....School's Out' - Queen AND Paul Rodgers (not on the banned list)

That's one ;)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2023, 12:31:02 PM »
king sent something from Devin Townsend's No Sleep 'till Bedtime

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2023, 01:05:48 PM »
 :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2023, 02:45:04 PM »
I was thinking Diamanda Galás. 
or Emilie Autumn perhaps.

Hmm, totally different than the other two, but probably also not what TAC would want, I suspect. 

This seems like it might be a highly idiosyncratic bias of yours against just him in particular, possibly based on a potentially skewed sample of his music (though I have a feeling it might be certain types of songs he does, but I can't be sure), but the way you talk about it is so weird that I think I'm still gonna steer clear of that area in the roulette.  I'm not at the point in my roulette career where I'm ready to regularly send challenging music to test the host's boundaries (Luke's round 9 is still killing me!), so maybe after the roulette is over I'll send you something that I might have considered sending that round.  Or maybe based on what everyone else sends and your responses it'll start making more sense. 

That Coldplay thing where he sued them was fucking bullshit.  I can't believe he did that to be honest.

Yeah, I agree on that. 

Don't over think it.

Yeah, but TAC likes a lot of music that you could describe as a giant guitar solo that happens to have some vocals in-between, so I think there's something else going on.  Plini would have been a candidate for the round, but he's heavily influenced by Vai (possibly not in the sense that TAC dislikes, but I don't want to risk it).  He's also influenced by jazz and djent (less so over time, but it's still there), so that could be risky, but that's your prerogative.  There are certainly compositional differences, but it varies a lot song to song, and there are certainly Plini songs that I would describe as far noodlier than Satch or Vai ones, heck, that whole style is sometimes derided as "djazz noodling".  I'm utterly fascinated now how that round is going to play out.

Looking at all of this...Litho... don't over think it. Please. Forget I said anything.  :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2023, 02:55:33 PM »
Is my overanalysis ruining your roulette?  :p

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2023, 03:00:49 PM »
Is my overanalysis ruining your roulette?  :p

Oh, not at all. But it might be ruining your chances.  ;D
Just go with your gut. You like good music. Just send that.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2023, 03:08:28 PM »
I'll resist the temptation to dissect that statement.  ;)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2023, 03:09:19 PM »
I'll resist the temptation to dissect that statement.  ;)

There's hope for you after all!

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2023, 03:10:09 PM »

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2023, 03:10:55 PM »
I know!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2023, 03:50:58 PM »
TAC likes fogey music and also some surprisingly extreme metal.

That's my under-analysis of his tastes. :neverusethis:
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2023, 03:52:50 PM »
Unlike Stadler, Dragon Attack, and Kingshmegland who all like extreme fogey music.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2023, 03:57:19 PM »

Not shaming, but just need..

Puppies
Crow
Elite
J-Boy.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2023, 04:10:13 PM »
Unlike Stadler, Dragon Attack, and Kingshmegland who all like extreme fogey music.

You mean we like more than one genre.  You silly old man.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2023, 04:21:46 PM »
You guys like rock and roll. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2023, 04:44:59 PM »
Like, yeah man.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2023, 08:17:22 PM »
Sent
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2023, 08:25:45 PM »

Not shaming, but just need..

Puppies
Crow
Elite
J-Boy.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2023, 10:44:08 PM »
damn, this has only been open for like, two days, jeez  :lol

sent.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2023, 10:45:29 PM »
Tim is efficient!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2023, 11:24:12 PM »
DTF roulettes and Elate sending last, name a more iconic combination.   ;D

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2023, 11:46:50 PM »
DTF roulettes and Elate sending last, name a more iconic combination.   ;D