Author Topic: 'Could We Start Again Please' Jesus Christ Superstar  (Read 389 times)

Offline cosmicwxdude

'Could We Start Again Please' Jesus Christ Superstar
« on: January 24, 2023, 09:45:50 AM »
  For all you elders out there who enjoyed the movie and LP of Andrew Lloyd Webers'  'Jesus Christ Superstar' as much as I did, I do a little diddy here of the Movie-Only song from the Rock Opera, 'Could We Start Again Please'. It's a short song but I've always loved this melody and the harmonies. Have a listen if you please. Recorded in my home studio and posted under my studio name, 'TDS and the Cosmic Orchestra'.   No, this is not a metal-prog-rocker, but I'd say JCC was rather 'proggy' and one of my favs of all time. My photos grace the video. Thanks for listening if you choose to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tadADaCcg4&ab_channel=TomSkinner

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 'Could We Start Again Please' Jesus Christ Superstar
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 07:43:09 PM »
I remember I bought the 1070 recording in my early 20s and listened to that enough to know it as well as any album at that time. Years later I saw the film and when they got to this song I thought "What the heck is this?!" It was such a nice little song, but I was confounded as to where it came from. I'd never heard it before.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cosmicwxdude

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 09:53:26 AM »
Right. My brother had the LP and I listened to it extensively and also watched the movie many times now.  I actually like the movie versions of the songs with Ted Nealy singing.  Nothing against the LP and Ian Gillian, just my opinion. I love both, just that the movie version does a little bit more for me.  And this song I recorded is not my favorite of the movie by any means, but kinda simple and I do enjoy the melody quite a bit and the bombastic choired voices.  The music constantly brings tears when I watch the movie  :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 11:42:26 AM »
The 1970 recording is so embedded in my brain such that whenever I listen to the 1973 recording, which is rare these days, everything (except for Pilate) just sounds... off. Not worse, or bad, just different enough to make me long for the 1970 recording.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'